- 8+ years of comprehensive experience in the areas of Devops, AWS and Linux Administration.
- Highly motivated and committed DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Microsoft Azure and Rackspace cloud environments and Data centers.
- Created and deployed VMs on the Microsoft cloud service Azure, managed the virtual networks, Azure AD and SQL.
- Knowledgeable on Successfully designed, prototype, implemented, and deployed an Application Performance Management SaaS solution on IBM Cloud.
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the AWS cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Provide highly durable and available data by creating and managing policies for S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies.
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs and Glacier for QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Managing Amazon instances by taking AMIs and performing administration and monitoring of Amazon instances like EC2 using Amazon Cloud Watch.
- Experience on CDN to deliver webpages and other content based on geographic locations of the user by using Cloud flare.
- Transfer data from Datacenters to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Manage Amazon Redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, RDB, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, SES, SNS and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and also give public DNS names to elastic load balancers IP's.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python and Docker on familiar servers like Nginx.
- Create, configure and manage Resource Pools and CPU Load Balancing.
- Worked on AWS for deploying instances consisting of various flavors viz., CentOS, Ubuntu and Solaris in both Linux and Windows.
- Firm grasp on Cloud Security, leveraging Linux and Windows operating systems, using the AWS console and CLI (command line interface)
- Implemented OpenStack with AWS for deploying applications
- Redesigned infrastructure for high availability using multiple AWS availability zones.
- Writing shell scripts for Automated Back - ups and Cron Jobs.
- Developed python scripts for automating infrastructure on Linux.
- Hands On experience on deploying OpenStack on AWS Instances.
- Documenting and Maintaining excellent and efficient software & security compliance.
- Experience on complete software development life cycle (SDLC) with software development models like Agile, Scrum Model, JIRA, Waterfall model.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Hudson, Jenkins, BAMBOO, Code Deploy.
Networking/Administration: OSI model, TCP/IP, network analysis using security tools (tcpdump, Wire shark etc.), familiar with various protocols like, TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, etc.
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, MongoDB, SQL Server, MS SQL,RedisCloud Platform: AWS, Microsoft Azure, and Open stack.
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), Clear case, GIT, GIT Hub, Perforce, Code Commit.
Web Servers /Application servers: Apache, Tomcat, Web Sphere, Nginx, Node.js
Languages/Scripts: HTML, Shell, Bash, Python, PHP, Ruby and Perl, Java Script, JSON, CSMail servers: Postfix, Exim, Mailenable.
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
Monitoring tools: Nagios, Zabbix, Sensu, Graphite, Pagerduty, vault, splunk, stackdrive
Containerization and container management tools: Docker, kubernetes, Apache, MarathonWeb Technologies.: HTML, CSS, Java Script, JQuery, Bootstrap, XML, JSON, XSD, XSL, XPATH.
Operating Systems: Red hat, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, Linux and WINDOWS.
Public cloud: EC2, VPC, S3, IAM, RDS, SNS, Cloud Watch, Elastic Beanstalk, Cloud Front, Route53, EBS, ELB, Cloud formation, AWS container services
DevOps / Build and Release Engineer
- As part of DevOps team, my role includes release management, Environment Management, deployments, Continuous integration, continuous deployment, Incident management, version management.
- Providing a better workflow for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Assisted in migrating applications from customer on-premises datacentre to the cloud (AWS).
- Well versed in managing source code repositories like Git, GitHub, bit bucket.
- Working for DevOps Platform team responsible for specialization areas related to Chef for Cloud Automation.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Configure and administer Git source code repositories.
- Develop and implement an automated Linux infrastructure using Ansible.
- Worked on vagrant for configure lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Worked on AWS AIM, which included managing application in the cloud and creating EC2 instances
- Expertise in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, Office365) Worked on Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Experienced in Azure IaaS, Provisioning VM's, Virtual Hard disks, Virtual Networks, Deploying Web Apps and Creating Web-Jobs, Azure Windows server Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Windows PowerShell, Cloud infrastructure.
- Used Jenkins, Code Deploy for CI/CD pipelines
- Used chef for server provisioning and infrastructure automation in a SAAS environment.
- Worked on various Docker/Kubernetes components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Maintained high availability clustered and standalone server environments and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Communication with team members for both Ansible Core and Ansible Tower teams to clarify requirements and overcome obstacles.
- Worked with different Tools like Rally, Jira, Bugzilla, Bit Bucket and Remedy.
- Developed pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Ensured SaaS solution had at least a 99.98% uptime, trouble shooting complex network, application, and security related issues, and continually enhancing the software life cycle for this SaaS solution.
- Ran Ant scripts for deployment of e-commerce applications.
- Managed central repositories: Implemented Atlassian Stash along with GIT to host GIT central repositories for source code across products, facilitate code reviews and login audits for Security Compliance.
- Analysed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects.
- Implemented and building tools such as Ant/Maven to automate and enhance the overall operational environment.
- Member of the Technical Design team, build and Release Module for Development of new products.
- Used Maven as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Coordinated Kafka operational and monitoring (via JMX) with devOps personnel; formulated balancing leadership strategies and impact of producer and consumer message(topic) consumption to prevent overruns.
Environment: Red Hat Linux/CentOS, Solaris, Jenkins, Git, Java, ANT, Maven, SVN, Puppet Linux, Ansible, AWS-Cloud, AWS Lambda, EC2, Kibana, ELK Stack, Kafka File Beat, Open Stack, Shell/Perl Scripts, Python, SCM, GIT, Tomcat, Jira, AWS, VMware.
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for user experience and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Performed AWS Cloud administration managing EC2 instances, S3, SES and SNS services.
- Created Buckets in AWS and stored files. Enabled Versioning and security for files stored.
- Implemented and maintained monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/costs using Cloud Watch.
- Open stack deployment experience on RHEL using XEN Hypervisor.
- Designing and implementing CI (Continuous Integration) system: configuring Jenkins servers, Jenkins nodes, creating required scripts (Perl & Python), and creating / configuring VMs (Windows/Linux).
- Implemented a Continuous Integration & delivery (CI/CD) framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven and Nexus in Linux Environment.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations like Rundeck.
- AWS cloud management and Chef Automation.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Responsible for code build, release and configuration on Amazon EC2.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Configured security and system in Jenkins. Added multiple nodes to Jenkins and configured SSH for continuous deployments.
- Configured SSH, SMTP, Build Tools, and Source Control repositories in Jenkins.
- Installed multiple plugins to Jenkins. Configured Proxy to get auto updates.
- Designing and implementing for fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment using Chef.
- Maintain Chef Servers and management application that can use Service Now (CI) data to bring computers into a desired state by managing files, services, or packages installed on physical or virtual machines.
- Create Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes
- Worked with Chef which is used to manage Linux but later versions support Microsoft Windows.
- Managed source code repository, build, and release configurations, processes, and tools to support daily development, test, and production build and software deployment operations.
- Working with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) product in an open source environment using Ansible and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Perform server configuration management on apache products, MySQL, and WebLogic using tools such as Ansible.
- Wrote build/integration/installation scripts in Perl and bash as needed. creating software build and release best practices, standards, procedures, and tools
- Redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on Unix platform
- Gathered coordinates all dependent jar files in ANT projects and converted them to MAVEN.
- Hands-On Experience in writing & debugging Stored Procedures, Complex queries, Triggers, functions and Troubleshooting code Issues in PL/SQL.
- Configured, maintained and administered Linux systems that host build and release engineering apps by constantly monitoring system load and memory consumption
- Build and release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Power Shell, TFS and Python Scripting.
- Installed and configured Jenkins and created parameterized jobs to kick off builds for different environments.
- Participated in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Migrated DB scripts to stage and Preview/Prod database servers.
- Written shell scripts to stop/start web logic servers.
- Written maven plug-in's to invoke C# compilers.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds
- Migrated all projects from perforce to subversion.
- Accountability and coordination for all release activities from development through production implementation.
- Created and maintained Release Calendar to manage multiple application releases
- Introduced and worked on Subversion/git Tags to identify useful code snapshots
- Source code admin - Manage and configure SVN/GIT, resolve issue regarding source code management, manage branching and merging, code freeze process
- Experience with Puppet. Configured Master and Agents in Puppet. Written modules to install and configure Apache, Tomcat and JDK.
- Imported modules from Puppet forge and customized them as per the requirement.
Confidential, Long Beach, CA
- Involved on installation, configuration and OS upgrades on Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x; AIX 5.2/5.3/6.1.
- Involved in designing and developing Amazon EC2, Amazon S3, Amazon Simple DB, Amazon RDS, Amazon Elastic Load Balancing, Amazon SQS, and other services of the AWS infrastructure.
- Involved in setting up Puppet Master/Client to automate installation and configuration across the environment.
- Writing Shell scripts for system maintenance and file management.
- Installation/Activation of Load balancers, configure routing logic, creation of new service pools, members, virtual servers etc.
- Worked on configuration and administration of LVM as extending Logical Volume and Physical Volume Size.
- Configured web servers (IIS, Nginx) to enable caching, CDN application servers, and load balancers.
- Deployed and supported Memcache-AWS Elastic Cache.
- Worked on installation and configuration of web servers and applications; WebSphere, WebLogic, tomcat, Apache.
- Administrated DHCP, DNS services in Linux.
- Built shell scripts, managed the automation of CRON jobs as well as file systems.
- Release Engineer for a team that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases and implemented Continuous Integration Process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and also create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Setting up servers through using UNIX for deployment or other uses for application.
- Performed weekly / monthly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
- Installation, Maintenance, Administration and troubleshooting of Linux, HP-UX systems.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart for Solaris and kickstart for Linux.
- RPM and YUM package installations, patch and other server management.
- Managing systems routine backup, scheduling jobs like disabling and enabling cron jobs, enabling system logging, network logging of servers for maintenance, performance tuning, testing.
- Installing and configuring Apache and supporting them on Linux production servers.
- Setting up network environments using TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, DNS, SNMP agents, DHCP and Proxy.
- Set up user and group login ID's, printing parameters, network configuration, password, resolving permissions issues, user and group quota.
- Regular disk management like adding / replacing hot swappable drives on existing servers/workstations, partitioning according to requirements, creating new file systems or growing existing one over the hard drives and managing file systems.
- Writing Shell Scripts for managing day-to-day transactions & for automation of routine tasks.
- Worked with other IT teams, customers (users), and other managers in helping build and implement systems and standards.
- Created LVMs on Linux servers.
- Preparing servers for Oracle RAC installation which includes tuning the kernel, agent installation, adding NAS storage.
- Worked on resolving production issues and documenting Root Cause Analysis and updating the tickets using BMC Remedy.
- Designing Firewall rules for new servers to enable communication with application, Oracle 10g servers.
- Monitored server and application performance & tuning via various stat commands (vmstat, nfsstat, iOS tat etc.) and tuned I/O, memory, etc.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, iSCSI disks, disk controllers, physical disk, HW and SW RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS and BMC Tools.
Jr. System Admin Linux, Windows, VMware
- Responsible for installation, configuration and troubleshooting different physical and virtual servers running Redhat, Centos and Windows.
- Created users, manage user permissions, maintain User & File System quota on Redhat Linux.
- Performed automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart, Kickstart for Linux.
- Installation and configuration of Apache, WebSphere and troubleshooting for issues.
- Experience with configuring and managing Virtual disks, Disk Mirrors and RAID 0, 1 and 5 levels.
- Provided functional and technical support, troubleshooting and diagnosing hardware and software problems, including desktop, laptop, WAN, LAN, and remote systems.
- System and network Administration of windows 2008R2 servers with Active directory domain
- Built and configured Dell power edge servers with RAID technology
- Performed day-to-day Administration of various windows OS 2008/2008R2.
- Created user accounts, configured user profiles, local and global groups and implemented group polices
- Assisted in the installation and updating of software, as well as the setup and troubleshooting of all equipment.
- Maintaining the CPU & Memory utilization of UNIX/ Linux Servers reports on the WEB.
- Installation, setup, configuration, security Administration and maintenance for flavors of servers.
- Supported 24/7 high availability production servers.
- Update the Patches for ESX Servers using VMware Update Manager in vcenter.
- Participated in development and maintenance of Disaster Recovery & Backup.
- Complete periodic checks of production and development systems; CPU utilization, memory profiles, disk utilization, network connectivity, system log files, etc.
- Assisted in troubleshooting user problems relating to Network Connectivity, and TCP/IP configuration.
- Systems Administration OS Level SAN Administration, Backup and apiore and Security