- 8 plus years of experience as Systems Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Cloud Engineer in the areas of Software Configuration Management (SCM), Build/Release Management, CI & CD (Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery) and deployment.
- 2+ Experience in Amazon Web Services AWS (EC2, S3, IAM, Route 53, Cloud Front, Splunk etc.)
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, EC2, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail.
- Efficient experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository managers for Maven builds.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Experience in installing Docker using Docker tool box.
- Source code management is performed using GIT from master repository and knowledge on Container management using Docker in Creating images.
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Certified AWS Solutions Architect with six years of experience as DevOps and Cloud Engineer and System Administrator
- Extensive working experience with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search and Cloud Watch, have in - depth practical knowledge on other cloud services like Microsoft Azure and OpenStack
- Experience working in Agile Scrum Software Development methodology integrating with continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) environment for efficient software delivery solutions
- Expertize in configuration and automation using leading tools in the industry such as Chef, Puppet and Ansible
- Hands-on experience in deployment automation using Shell/Bash/perl/Python Scripting with concentration on DevOps and CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Bamboo, Cruise Control and GoCD integrating with build tools like Maven, Ant and Gradle
- Experience in installing and configuring Linux/Unix/Windows-based web/App servers like Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere for Application deployments
- Experience in administering and supporting the Source Code Management using version controlling tools such as Get, Perforce, SVN, Clear case on private repositories for the organization in GitHub / Bit Bucket
- Experience in implementing the Docker for wrapping up the final code and setting up development and testing environment using Docker Hub, Docker Swarm and Docker Container Network
- Expertise in installing and configuring network infrastructure using routing and switching strategies, TCP/IP network services
- Involved in using Rancher to provide a complete platform for operating Docker in production.
- Good Interpersonal Skills, team-working attitude, takes initiatives and very proactive in solving problems and providing best solutions.
Tools: AWS, Git, putty, Chef, UNIX, windows, SVN, Ruby on rails, Python, Eclipse, Ant, Jenkins, Maven, Jira, Junit, Ansible, Unix/Linux, Tomcat Apache Application Server, Cloud Services, Amazon web services(AWS), Azure.
Operating Systems: Windows 10/8/2000/Vista/7, UNIX, UBUNTU.
Deployment Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Salt stack
Monitoring: Nagios, Cloud Watch, Watch Dog, App Dynamics, Pager Duty
Databases: MySQL, Dynamo DB, MongoDB, SQL, SQLite, MS Access, Oracle DB
Build and CI/CD Tools: Maven, Gradle, ANT, Jenkins, Bamboo, Docker, Hudson, TeamCity, Go CD
Versioning Tools: Git, Subversion (SVN), Perforce P4V, Concurrent Versions System (CVS)
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Implemented CHEF automation with GIT repository and Bamboo for CI / CD .
- Worked on the migration from VMware to AWS, and used Chef to automate the infrastructure in AWS by creating EC2, S3, RDS, VPC and Route 53.
- Working with JSON file formats in AWS .
- Investigation of issues found in the production environment.
- Apache Tomcat configuration and support for other teams within IT.
- Upgrading and migrating Chef Server and Cookbooks.
- Prepared and presented support team deck to the Management and implemented, tracked the action items.
- Responsible for Deployment Automation using multiple tools Chef, GIT, Shell Scripts, Python scripts .
- Worked on AWS Services.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Responsible for creating scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python .
- Responsible for Database build, release and configuration .
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Data bags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, testing docs.
- Worked on implementing AWS JELLYFISH (which is a beta version of AWS services )
- Responsible for configuring real time backup of web servers .
- Troubleshooting the system and end user issues.
- Managed the source control using version controlling tools like Bit - Bucket and GIT.
- Written Cookbooks according to the requirement.
- Made necessary changes according to chef-version and required run-list.
- Comfortable and flexible with installing, updating and configuring various flavors of UNIX and Windows
Sr. DevOps and AWS Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Helped migrating and managing multiple applications from on premise to cloud using AWS services like S3, Glacier, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, SES, Cloud Formation, VPC etc.
- Configured and maintained user accounts for dev, QA, and production teams and created roles for EC2, RDS, S3, Cloud Watch, EBS resources to communicate with each other using IAM
- Configured and managed source code using Get and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespace
- Integrated Docker container based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines
- Linux and Windows servers upgrade and Patching. Performance troubleshoot and root cause investigation
- Enforcing Test Driven Development (TDD) approach for writing Chef Cookbook using Test-kitchen, Vagrant,
- Bookshelf, Food Critic and Chef Spec
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & Maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, CHEF, Maven in Linux environment.
- Developed and maintained the Continuous Integration and Deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Ansible.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Responsible for configuring management of different application layer modules.
- Creating a fully Automated Build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson, and GitHub.
- Developed Python Scripts to automate various system tasks, OS patches for dev environments, and deployment of applications to testing/prod environments using Python OS modules
- Automated daily manual tasks by running cron jobs using BASH Scripts that report on a user defined frequency about versatile issues on Linux-based servers
- Using Chef, deployed and configured Elastic search, Log stash and Kibana (ELK) for log analytics, full text search, application monitoring in integration with AWS Lambda and Cloud Watch
- Implemented app logging service using logging tools, such as Splunk, Graylog2 and developed and deployed stacks using AWS Cloud Formation templates
- Implemented the use of Nagios tool for monitoring and analyzing the network loads on the individual machines by enforcing custom Nagios monitoring, notifications and dashboard to exhibit various metrics using Shell Scripting and add-ons
- Using routers and switches defined and configured physical network topologies. Also, maintained and troubleshoot network infrastructure issues and TCP/IP Network services
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Web server, Nix and Application Servers like Tomcat, JBoss.
Environment: Amazon Web Services (AWS) EC2, Route 53, S3, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch Alarms, Cloud Formation, SNS, SES, SQS, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Chef, Python, Nagios, Shell Scripting, MySQL, Docker, Docker Hub, VMware workstation, Linux, Unix, Windows, TCP/IP, Kubernetis, Splunk, Graylog2.
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Created and Configured Red Hat, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016, Ubuntu, CentOS, Solaris and Fedora Virtual Machines in AWS using EC2, Elastic, VPC, Subnets, Route Tables, NAT Gateway
- Configured SNS, SQS, Data Pipeline, RDS, Dynamo DB, S3, IAM, Cloud Front and ELB to setup environment ready for cloudification
- Used Git for source code version control and integrated with Jenkins for CI/CD pipeline, code quality tracking and user management with build tools Maven and Gradle
- Maintained Artifacts in binary repositories using JFrog Artifactory and pushed new Artifacts by configuring the Jenkins project using Jenkins Artifactory Plugin
- Used Puppet to deploy ELK for automating continuous deployment(CD) and configured Slave Nodes and deployment failure reporting
- Created and maintained Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process. Deployed Puppet and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure
- Automated Data Structures validation of the configuration files using Python Scripting designed and developed log management framework using Python Language to collect log files
- Configured Cloud Watch and Data Dog to monitor real-time granular metrics of all the AWS Services and configured individual dashboards for each resource Agents
- Used Maven for building Java/J2EE Applications.
- Performed system administration and operations tasks using Chef, Nagios.
- Automated Nagios alerts and email notifications using python script and executed them through Chef.
- Provided installation & maintenance of Puppet infrastructure and developed Puppet recipe &modules for configuration management.
- Wrote playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Deployed the applications on multiple WebLogic Servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Failover functionalities.
- Configured application servers (JBOSS) to deploy the code.
- Worked on Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing directory structures and managing containers.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Docker machine, Docker compose and Docker registry.
- Experience working on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Involved in using Rancher to provide a complete platform for operating Docker in production.
- Experience deploying and maintaining multi-container applications through Docker.
- Developed protocol for adding new users to existing network.
- Installation and upgrade of Ops Code Chef Server and documenting steps.
- Installation and upgrade of Chef Client and Make sure servers are getting converge with chef-server.
- Work station setup for Knife plugin and establish connectivity between Chef server and workstation
- Pushing of chef-cookbook, roles, and data bags on chef-server using knife plugin and executing it on node.
- Wrote Docker images for Bamboo, Nexus and various.
- Designed and Developed Bamboo Build deployments on Docker containers.
- Worked with Atlassian tools like Bamboo, Stash and Jira.
Environment: AWS, Git, GitHub, Jenkins, Puppet, Python, Data Bag, Cloud Watch, Red hat Linux, UNIX, Windows servers, EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, Cloud Formation, Puppet, Artifactory, ELK, Maven, Gradle.
Build and Release Engineer
Confidential, New York, NY
- Used Jenkins innovatively to automate most of the build related tasks. Improved throughput and efficiency of build system
- Creating and Managing VMs in Windows Azure and setting up communication with the help of Endpoints and VM Migrations from Transitional hosts and VMware
- Developed, maintained and distributed build systems using Jenkins for each scheduled releases using master-slave configuration
- Helped development teams to resolve merge conflicts and code commit problems in Perforce P4V using Helix Versioning Engine
- Manage System Firewall utilizing IP Chains, IP Tables and implemented SSH SSL
- Integrated JIRA and Perforce using Pre-commit hooks to ensure the process is followed and automated JIRA tasks using JIRA CLI
- Worked with R&D & Operation teams to debug the runtime and build time issues in build running. Fixed all syntax and logic errors in tools
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts such as JAR, WAR and EAR from source code to Nexus to share across projects
- Involved in levels of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Involved in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle of a product
- Experience in design and development of responsive web applications using AngularJS, Bootstrap, HTML and CSS
- Used Eclipse and Log4J for in developing and debugging multi-threaded applications and resolving bugs detected by Testing team and resolving merge conflicts using Git
- Proficient in development of applications using Java and J2EE technologies with experience in Spring MVC, Hibernate and NodeJS frameworks in REST architectural style
- Responsible for Bug fixing, tracking and ensuring defect free deliverables with thorough project documentation