- Over 8 years of experience as Linux administrator under the environment of Redhat Linux (3,4,5 and 6), Scientific Linux (5,6), HP - UX(10.x,11.x) environments.
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer and Security Engineer in RHEL/HP-UX environments Worked on code compilation, packaging, building, automation, managing and releasing code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers.
- Creating and maintaining user accounts along with security, profiles, rights, disk space and process monitoring.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex systems hardware and software issues and monitor system availability, load and system capacity.
- Installed and maintained the machines with the updated Patches and necessary client software packages by using pkg*, RPM*, YUM*, sw*, etc.
- Knowledge in the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Clear Case, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in working on version control systems like Subversion and GIT, Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications etc.
- Managed various AWS accounts with multiple VPC's for both production and non-prod where primary objectives included automation, build out, integration and cost control.
- Experience using MAVEN, ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts from source code.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins for continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience with configuration management tools like Puppet, Chef, CFengine and cobbler for managing software and system changes repeatedly and working across several machines.
- Managing several user accounts, making zones, Partitioning, mounting and maintaining file systems, change management, system security, performance tuning of Red Hat Linux servers using tools like vmstat, iostat, sar, top, pmstat, free, prtconf, syststat, iostat, netstat etc.
- Experience in install and configuring Kick start in RHEL Linux and in Ignite for HP-UX and have exposure to NIM for AIX.
- Experience in building, designing and implementing a SystemImager for Linux.
- Experience in Unix Shell/Perl scripting.
- Experience in Python scripting.
- Working experience with cloud infrastructure of AWS (Amazon Web Services) and computing AMI virtual machines on Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2).
- Experience in JBoss application server administration on Red Hat.
- Experience in installation, configuration and administration of WebLogic and Websphere Servers.
- Experience in configuring and administering NIS, NFS, Auto mount, FTP, SAMBA, DNS, DHCP, Mail server, Web Server (Apache Server) and Proxy Server.
- Hands-on analyzing Linux, AIX and HP-UX kernel core files and crash dumps.
- Experience managing SAN storage in UNIX environment.
- Netbackup management. Knowledge in synthetic backup multiplexed backup, multi-streamed backup and online NetBackup.
- Configuration of GFS2 files system in Clustered Environment.
- Experience on Storage Area Network (SAN) environments.
- Supported varied databases like Oracle, UDB, SQL Server including Oracle RAC (Real Application Cluster) running Unix/Linux server.
CI & Provisioning tools: Puppet, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN
SCM Tools: GIT, AWS S3, EBS, EC2, Cloud watch and ClearCase
Operating System: HP-UX (10.x, 11.x), AIX (6.1, 5.x), Linux (SuSe9/10 & SLE/RHEL 3/4/5/6), Windows NT 2000/2003/2008/ XP/vista
Backup Management: TSM, Acronis agent, VERITAS Netbackup 4.x/5.x, Ufsdump, ufsrestore, dump, restore, rsync
Servers / Services: DNS, DHCP, NIS, NFS, SSH & Samba
Third Party Tools: JBOSS/Weblogic, VERITAS Volume Manager, VERITAS Cluster Service (VCS), Nagios, Zabbix
Security: Qualys, Kerberos, Check Point Firewall, TCP Wrappers, File Access Permission
Programming Languages: Shell/Perl/Python Script, C, C++, JAVA, HTML, XML
Database: Oracle, DB2/UDB, MS SQL Server, MySQL
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
Sr. Unix/ Linux Administrator/ DevOps Engineer/ Security Engineer
- Developed, implemented, and updated maintenance plans for deployed systems, including patching, monitoring, and service.
- Extensively worked on Administered and Implemented CI tools Jenkins for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments
- Experience maintaining automated build systems such as Jenkins and worked on RunDeck.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GitHub (GIT).
- Worked on the GIT branching for applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of applications.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Developed Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances. Design user's credentials and profiles using AWS IAM.
- Design roles and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM). Maintained existing and also helped creating new Users and tenants using Amazon IAM's.
- Good experience in SCM activities
- Performed automation tasks on various Docker components like Docker Hub, Docker Engine, Docker Machine and Docker Registry.
- Worked with Docker images & Docker Container.
- Worked on standardized builds and documentation for building out automation with Puppet. Created a production-ready, high-availability Puppet infrastructure to assist in automatic administration of Linux servers
- Performed Qualys scans and remediated vulnerabilities on Linux/HP-UX servers.
- Responsible for completing stories in 2 week sprints. Stories include developing and modifying new and existing environments to support newer versions of Infrastructure stack, and build/deployment management using tools like Jenkins, RunDeck in Linux platforms.
- Installed and configured puppet master and puppet client, created Manifests to install Packages, CronJobs and start services.
- Experience in Backup utilities, restoring using Veritas NetBackup.
- Provided high level technical support for the backup and recovery software NetBackup; Was responsible for end to end problem resolution for any issue the customer had with the product
- Administration/monitoring of Nagios, Netbackup, and Autosys.
- Deploying code changes and patches to QA and production servers
- Building of VMware Guest and ESXi Hosts
- Good experience in Shell scripting
- Expertise in systems performance monitoring & tuning: CPU, Disk, Memory, Network Utilization.
Environment: RHEL 3/4/5/6, Jenkins/Puppet, AWS, JBOSS Application server, Pulp and Git repositories, Zabbix,Netbackup Microsoft Outlook, Remedy, Environment Modules, HP Servers, IBM inotes,Nagios, Shell/Perl Scripting, Python 2.7.8/3/3.4, Apache, Web Logic, VMware/Vsphere.
Confidential, Wilmington, Delaware
DevOps Engineer/ Sr. Unix/ Linux Administrator
- Systems monitoring and administration of Servers for day-to-day problems, patches, user administration, hardware failure, monitoring log files, backup, software up gradation, configuration changes and documentation.
- Centrally managed an automated research oriented Linux environment through automation/configuration tools like Chef / Puppet and Cobbler.
- Good in provisioning and deployment tools like Ansible.
- Worked on Red hat Linux 3, 4, 5 & 6 / Scientific Linux 5 & 6 and Centos 5, 6.
- Used playbooks to manage configurations to remote machines.
- Managing Linux infrastructure using single, integrated tools for efficiency, speed such as Puppet/CFengine.
- Maintained version control setup of configuration files, automount maps, software repos etc. using subversion (SVN)/Git repositories.
- Extensively worked on automated installations of SLE/RHEL 5/6 through PXE boot using provisioning tools like Cobbler.
- Develop software that runs in CloudFoundry
- Migrating applications from Web Sphere to JBoss.
- Setup chef-client on several nodes, configured workstations to allow users to author, test, and maintain cookbooks.
- Worked on Amazon Web Services - AWS (Cloud Computing), EC2, VPC.
- Knowledge on SaaS, PaaS and IaaS concepts of cloud computing architecture. Implementation of AWS (IaaS) and Openstack.
- Installed and administered Jenkins CI server for continuous build of java projects.
- Monitored package versions, temp and var directory sizes, bash versions, processors using monitoring and reporting IBM Bigfix tool across several Linux and windows systems in the organization.
- Built many custom reports to generate reports and monitor the status of several machines using Nagios and IBM Endpoint Management tools.
- Initializing and rebuilding a server with different RAID setups (RAID 0, 5 and 10).
- Configuring and Administrating NFS client/server, SAMBA shares.
- Installation and Configuration of SAMBA Server and APACHE Server.
- Worked on several configurations such as rsyslog client/server setup for multiple servers. Used RELP protocol also.
- Deployment of syslog server and client configurations through version control (subversion) managing through Puppet.
- Implementation of log management tool logstash for sorting, processing and managing all kinds of logs from several hundreds of servers.
- Extensively worked with automount, NFS mounts. Mounted home directories through automount.
- Worked on automount failures, user login failures related production issues.
- Maintaining DNS and DHCP records and virtual networks in the organization using IPAM services.
- My system administration and engineering responsibilities also include creating shell and batch scripts.
- Managed several Linux computing cluster nodes using cluster management tools like torque and condor.
- Administering LAMP. Installing and running MySQL services, making dumps of live databases for backup are some of the regular day to day activities.
- Viewing and controlling the Processes running on the system and automating repetitive tasks.
- Maintaining file systems: Checking and repairing file systems and monitoring file system usage.
- Setup and configuration of IDRAC on Dell PowerEdge series servers.
- Maintained user and group accounts using NIS on legacy systems, Migrated to Microsoft Active Directory for new environment.
Environment: Microsoft Active Directory, Scientific Linux 5/6, RHEL 3/4/5/6, Chef/Puppet/CFengine, IPAM, Jenkins, Cobbler, AWS, JBOSS Application server, Subversion and Git repositories, Microsoft Outlook, Ansible, Environment Modules, HP/DELL/SUN/SuperMicro Servers, HP PROLIANT DL servers, DELL PowerEdge servers, Shell/Perl Scripting, Python 2.7.8/3/3.4, Apache, Web Logic, VMware/Vsphere.
Confidential, New York
Sr. Linux/ DevOps Engineer
- Automated version control developer codes and deployed through tools like Chef/puppet.
- Troubleshooting and Configuration of SSH, FTP, NFS and APACHE Server.
- Creation of a new GFS2 file system and configuring, resizing and administration of newly created GFS2 file system in a Cluster environment.
- Installation and configuration of Operating System such as Linux, AIX and Windows 2K/XP/Vista/7/server 2003.
- Maintained many cluster nodes using CRM.
- Maintained fully automated configurations on development and production environment’s using Puppet.
- Majorly worked on Virtualization (Xen vms and VMware) of several hundred of servers.
- Good understanding of the Linux kernel, driver development and troubleshooting.
- Installed KVM hypervisor in Redhat/Fedora/CentOS Linux operating system.
- Automated Cluster Balancing.
- Managing cloud infrastructure using integrated tools for efficiency, scalability such as RightScale and puppet.
- Worked on IO configurations for virtual machines ESX hosts, enabling and disabling VMDirect path.
- Done Physical to virtual server migrations.
- Managing IBM Blade Centre, Backing up Informix Databases and also working with DBA and Networking teams.
- Creating OS images and installing Operating Systems on the Virtual Machines. Done V2V conversions also.
- Managed several server logs through log management tools like rsyslog for security and troubleshooting purposes.
- Installation, configuration and support of Windows 2003/2008 servers utilizing HP and IBM hardware.
- Applied Operating System updates, patches and configuration changes.
- Provided system performance reporting on a regular basis along with keeping all software at current version levels, and maintaining a log of changes for tracking.
Environment: Puppet, KVM Hypervisor, Windows server 2003/Informix and DB2 Database, RHEL 3,4,5,6, HP/DELL Blade Servers, HP PROLIANT DL servers, Chef, Shell Scripting, Powershell, Apache, Web Logic, Websphere, Tomcat, VMware Virtualization.
Linux System Administrator
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Design, development, and implementation of the package and patch management process.
- Troubleshooting the VM machines using Virtual center and VMware Infrastructure client.
- Cloning and troubleshooting VM ESX hosts and guest servers.
- Patched Solaris 10 and RHEL servers, using patch cluster, yum repositories, and breaking root mirrors, creating ABEs for ZFS 10.
- Building, Installing, Configuring Sun/HP/Dell servers from scratch with OS of Solaris (10/8) and Linux (Red Hat 6.X, 5.X, 4.X).
- Performed network based automated installations of Operating System using Jumpstart for Solaris and Kickstart for RHEL Linux through TPM (Tivoli Provisioning Manager)
- Installation and Configuration of Mail server of Sendmail, and Postfix.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Virtualization technologies such as VMware and zLinux.
- Implementation of RAID techniques and the creation of Disk groups and volumes, plexes using VERITAS Volume Manager, Solstice Disc Suite and logical volume manager managing disks and file systems.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of High Availability VERITAS Cluster Service for redundancy purpose.
- Designed, built and implemented a SystemImager for Linux.
- Installation, setup, configuration, security administration and maintenance for flavors of servers like Active Directory, NFS, FTP, Samba, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DHCP, DNS, SMTP/Mail Server, Apache Servers, Proxy Servers in heterogeneous environment.
- Worked on solaris10 container technology, created non global and global zones, modified non global zone parameters.
- Writing Shell scripts for system maintenance and automation of server.
- Monitoring System performance and do kernel tuning to enhance the system Performance.
- Proactive maintenance on systems by timely scheduling of at jobs, batch jobs and cron jobs.
- Worked with Netbackup team to maintain backup on the servers through Veritas Netbackup/SAN.
- Verify successful completion of monthly Full backup, daily incremental backup and weekly cumulative backups, following developed procedures
- Worked with Storage Area Network (SAN) team to create LUN on EMC, Hitachi, HP, IBM Storage.
- Worked with and Network Attached Storage (NAS) Team as well to allocate it different servers.
- Rescan the LUNS on Both RHEL and Solaris servers and expand the Filesystem by using LVM and VXVM
- A good team player with excellent customer interaction and Strong analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Supported 24/7 high availability production servers
Environment: RHEL 3,4,5,6, Sun Enterprise E 5000/5500/6500 server, GFS2, E10k/25K, TSeries, MSeries Servers, HP/DELL Blade Servers, HP PROLIANT DL servers, DELL PowerEdge servers.
- Primary responsibility includes building and supporting Solaris/ Red hat Linux 3,4 servers.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, SCSI disks, disk controllers, physical disk, HW and SW RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS and BMC Tools.
- Maintained maximum uptime and maximum performance capacity for Enterprise Production, QA, UAT/Staging.
- Involved in Building and configuring Solaris 8 using Jump start server and Red Hat Linux Servers3 using Kick Start server as required for the project.
- Incident management for Unix Servers (Solaris, Linux and AIX).
- Involved in migration AIX servers from 5.1 to 5.2.
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on both Solaris & Linux boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Extensive experience in installing, integrating, tuning, and troubleshooting Apache, Tomcat WebSphere and Web logic application server.
- Installation and configuration Veritas Net Backup on Sun Severs and performing Backup using Veritas Net Backup.
- Sudo administration and Redhat Linux package administration using rpm and YUM.
- Assisted in configuring the application servers with other components such as database, web servers, LDAP directory, Active Directory, BEA Web logic etc.
- Installation and configuration of MySQL on RedHat Linux cluster nodes
- Extensive use of UNIX shells like Korn shell, Bash shell for scripting.
- Expertise in RedHat Linux backup/restore with tar including disk partitioning and formatting.
- Involved in Planning, building and Administration of various High Availability clusters and heart beat checking on Sun Solaris using Veritas Cluster sever in heterogeneous SAN environment.
- Worked on Java based automated software tool Apache Ant for build Processes.
- Working knowledge of XEN (Virtualization).
- Involved in development, user acceptance, and performance testing, production & disaster recovery server.
- Worked with other IT teams, customers (users), and other managers in helping build and implement systems and standards.
Environment: IBM AIX 5.1/5.2/5.3, Solaris 8, Red Hat Linux 3/4, Sun Enterprise Servers, Veritas Volume Manager 4.0, LDAP, DNS, NIS, NIS +,SNMP, Shell scripting, SENDMAIL, Apache, WebSphere.