- IT Professional with 7+ years of experience in System Administration, DevOps Engineer with 4+ years in Amazon Web Services.
- Expertise in building Servers using Kick start in Linux, NIM in AIX, Ignite process in HP - UX, Jumpstart in Solaris, Manual installations.
- Experience in Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Configuration, performance tuning on UNIX, Linux and system software & hardware.
- Experience in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL and Python/PHP) and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, Python /PHP) Architecture.
- Good knowledge of Big Data architecture patterns, design patterns, estimation techniques, performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Experience in all areas of Infrastructure management like VMware, KVM, and RHEV for provisioning, platform installations, middleware installation, configuration management and Application handling.
- Expert in implementing and enhancing CI & CD pipelines for faster, reliable software delivery using tools & technologies like Chef, Jenkins, Docker, Rundeck, GIT and Atlassian tool suites.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tool Puppet supporting with 1000+ servers and involved in developing manifests.
Operating Systems: Linux Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu, SUSE, Windows, Mac OS
Languages/Scripts: C, C++, XML, HTML, JAVA, JEE, PHP, Power Shell, Bash, Ruby, Python
Cloud Platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Open Stack
Configure Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Ansible, Docker, Splunk, Nagios
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, and Jenkins. Hudson, Bamboo
Version Control Tools: SVN Subversion, GIT, GIT HUB, Clear Case
Web/Application Server: Apache Tomcat, Web Sphere, Web Logic, JBOSS, Nix
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Mongo DB 7 SQL Server, MS SQL
Virtualization: VMware, VSphere, VCenter Server Appliance, Oracle Virtual box, KVM, RHEV
Networking Protocols: DHCP, Ethernet, TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP
Confidential - Gary, IN
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Installation, configuration and upgrade of RHEL (5.x, 6.x, 7.x), Solaris, SUSE operating systems.
- Used Amazon Web Services (AWS) to migrate over from their current datacenter and virtual environments (VMware 5.5)
- Setting up and managing the SDLC with end-to-end automation using various DevOps tools and technologies.
- Creating, managing and performing container based on deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and Applications together.
- Implemented Circuit Breaker for system fatal errors Used SQL Azure for Backend operations and data persistence.
- Developed an automated process to load big data to CSV file, PostgreSQL and Cassandra using Scala and Spark.
- Worked in Amazon Web Services, instrumental in utilizing Compute Services (EC2, ELB), Storage Services (S3, Elastic Block Storage), Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, SNS, IAM and Cloud Watch.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Converted existing Terra form modules that had version conflicts to utilize cloud formation during terraform deployments.
- Installation, configuration and Administration of Jenkins.
- Regular build jobs are initiated using the CI (Continuous Integration)/CD (Continuous Deployment) tool with Jenkins.
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, install shield and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring.
- Documented the best combination of tools for Big Data Solutions to improve the company scalability in the long run.
- Configuration of Chef and Managing infrastructure configuration via Chef Cookbooks in Virtualization and AWS environments.
- Version Control, Creating repositories, Making changes, Syncing repositories and Parallel Development using GIT (GIT HUB).
- Automated Linux environment by using Puppet and Puppet models for installing and managing java versions.
- Used Python scripts to compare data consistency between different systems and for data loading and replication.
- Load big data to Elastic search using multithreading in Python
- Deploying the Open stack components on multimode with high availability environment.
- Configured Jenkins for doing builds in all the non-production and production environments. Worked extensively on CVS, Subversion as Version Control.
- Handled Jira tickets for SCM Support activities.
- Wrote several Terra form templates to create infrastructure for various applications.
- Used Art factory repository tool for maintaining the Java based release code packages.
- Installing, configuring MySQL, Oracle and Cassandra on AWS platform.
- Worked on Cassandra data modeling along with managing and scheduling of the data backup and restore operations.
- Provided assistance for the smooth phase of release for the Emergency (24/7) and Expedite Releases by getting the Director Level Approval and coordinating with different teams.
- Wrote Shell scripts to automate several routing tasks, system performance etc.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWS Ops Works stacks across 3 product platforms.
- Converted existing AWS infrastructure to server less architecture (AWS Lambda) deployed via terra form or AWS Cloud formation.
- Strictly enforced ITIL process while pushing builds and deployments to prod and pre-prod environments.
- Configured the user's accounts for Continuous Integration - Nexus and Sonar.
- Worked on integrating GIT into the continuous Integration (CI) environment along with Jenkins and Subversion.
- Created and deployed a tool to automate branch and project creation in subversion utilizing Perl and Puppet scripts.
- Involved in Backup Server configuration, Firewall rules and IP tables configuration.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, SUSE, Puppet, Chef, Open Stack, Ant, Maven, GIT, SVN, Bamboo, Nexus Pro, Sonar, Jira, Remedy, Ruby, Shell Scripts, Tomcat, Jenkins
Confidential - Detroit, MI
Sr. DevOps/Linux Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Linux/Unix admin work via picking up tickets, setting up users and keys, troubleshooting performance issues on Solaris 8, 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux (3, 4) platforms.
- Installed and Configured Oracle on Solaris 9/10 and RHEL Linux Environment.
- Monitoring System Performance of Virtual memory, Managing Swap Space, Disk utilization and CPU utilization.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/Centos/Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- In Drupal we use to Launch, manage, and scale ambitious digital experiences with the flexibility to build great websites or push beyond the browser.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like puppet & Jenkins.
- In AWS solution Architect we will Assist Internal clients to move to AWS Public cloud and eliminating the use of internal data center.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash, Power shell, Python and Run deck
- Used Octopus to fit into teams that follow agile delivery practices.
- Implemented of a SAML server; authenticates the user and issues a SAML token containing assertions about the user.
- Used Terra form to manage the AWS and other cloud infrastructure. Manage servers using configuration management products like CF Engine or Puppet.
- Repeatedly worked on AWS Cloud Engineer platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, S3, Dynamo DB, Elastic ache, IAM, Cloud Formation, Ops Works, and Cloud Watch.
- Installed application on AWS EC2 instances and configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Enabled Cloud Foundry support on Azure through open source collaboration which enabled millions in cloud spend.
- Worked on Database like Cassandra, Hadoop, Redis, Riak, Spark, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to Tomcat Application servers in an Agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process.
- Worked on Cassandra stress tool for benchmarking Cassandra Cluster.
- Adapted web application to run in Windows Azure against SQL Azure using Azure Queues for background processing.
- Deployed the Cassandra cluster in cloud, on premises, working on the data storage and recovery for Cassandra.
- Installed and supported the Clear Case and Multi-Site tools for the entire group.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks for various DB configurations to modularize & optimize product configuration.
- Branching, Tagging, Release Activities on Version Control Tools: SVN, GitHub.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Enterprise Linux server 5.0/6.0 and Sun Solaris 10 (&11), Oracle RAC on VMware and stand-alone platforms.
- Provided 24/7 support for on-call on Red Hat Linux, Open stack, Cloud and Solaris environments.
- Worked on Windows infrastructure for troubleshooting, installation and maintenance.
- Jumpstart and kick start server builds, assisting in PCI security analysis, SAS70 audit compliance
- Job automation using Korn/Shell and Bash Scripts.
- Managing disk storage using VERITAS Volume Manager 4.1/5.0 and Solaris Volume Manager.
Sr. Linux Systems Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of Linux, Solaris, AIX, HP-UX, Linux operating systems.
- Installation of patches and packages.
- Upgraded Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 and 11. Configuring SAN Sun Storage. Through Brocade Silkworm Switches. Fiber Optics Switch for redundancy with multi-path.
- Configured Solaris Jumpstart Server. Maintained Server 6.0. Backup data of Servers using VERITAS Net Backup. Maintained Security of the Solaris Servers.
- Configuration of VERITAS Cluster Server, Service Guard from the scratch and maintained service group/packages for failover and redundancy purpose.
- Worked on Solaris 10 container technology, configured separate zones for various applications.
- Involved in Implementing and Administrating enterprise level data backup and recovery.
- Designed and Implemented Backup solution for the Network
- Installed and configured file and Application servers running on Sun servers
- Configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, NFS, Web, Mail, FTP
- Implementation of RAID 0/1/5 for creation of logical volumes using VERITAS Volume Manager in SAN Storage Area Environment.
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, IP addressing & Sub netting, routing.
- Worked on creating user accounts, user administration, local and global groups on Solaris platform
- Created User Accounts and Network Shares.
- Configured SUN Workstations as Domain Clients.
- Administrated NFS, NIS, DHCP and DNS Samba services running on Sun Solaris and Red Hat Linux.
- Worked with Storage team to configure EMC SAN, NAS and iSCSI configuration.
- Managed Users for Solaris, HP-UNIX and Linux Servers and assigned rights to access network resources.
- Created training materials and provided training to meet team needs.
- Debug application, site performance issues.
- Perform root cause analysis of the issues and report.
- Replicate data across multiple servers. Prepare and execute backup and recovery for the data. Implement disaster recovery plans.
Sr. Linux Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Installed and Supported Debian, RHEL and SCO Linux.
- Implementing file sharing on the network by configuring NFS on the system to share essential resources
- Maintaining Patches and Packages to keep the servers up to date with latest OS versions.
- Setting Up and Trouble-shooting Send mail and DNS.
- Performed custom Jumpstart to install Sun OS on Sun Servers/workstations.
- Working on VMware clustering like HA and DRS clusters using VC.
- Working on Migration concepts like Hot and cold migration.
- Creation of templates from VMs and Creation of VM’s from templates.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Web Servers, Application Servers and Database Servers on Sun Solaris.
- Design &Implement Storage Area Network (SAN) with Brocade switches & Mc Data director.
- Worked on resource management framework like creation resource pools, adding the VMs into resource pools.
- Involved in configuration management, software deployment, change management, performance monitoring & tuning, and application maintenance.
- Upgrading of ESXi from version 5.5 to version 6.0 while keeping the VM's in maintenance mode.
- Created snapshots of clones of LUNs using EMC Snap Views.
- Wrote shell scripts (sh, bash, Ksh) to automate day-to-day activities.
- Consulting with clients on Send mail, DNS, LDAP, POP and IMAP issues.
- Monitoring network performance and implementing security tools on the system.
- Documentation of UNIX environment and configuration details.
- Planning and implementing system upgrades including hardware, operating system and periodical patch upgrades through Blade Logic.
- Configured Solaris Logical Domains and Containers.
- Used Kick start and Jumpstart for building servers extensively.