Sr. Devops Engineer Resume
- 8+ years of experience in software configuration management and Build and release engineering. This includes IBM Rational ClearCase, Perforce, GIT and SVN implementation and Administration, Process implementation, Scripting automation, Continues Integration, Bug tracking Administration and MS - SQL server Administration.
- Designing Build process, Software Product Development, Process Automation, Build and Deployment Automation, Release Management, Packaging Quality Control, Source Code repository & Environment management.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using Technologies like Chef Server, Hudson, Cruise Control and Jenkins.
- Expertise in establishing and maintaining the integrity of the project artifacts throughout the software development lifecycle using configuration management tools such as Rational ClearCase, GIT, Subversion, Perforce, on UNIX and Windows environment.
- Managing continuous build & deployment. With minimum supervision preparing builds, deploys and release software products, patches across multiple environments and platforms.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Apache tomcat and Nagios domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Hands on experience in configuration of SNS topics for alerts received from Cloud Watch.
- Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef Attributes and Ohai. Good knowledge of virtualization and container technology like Docker.
- Designing, building infrastructure on Amazon Web Services environment and experience with AWS EC2/S3 service provisioning.
- Good hands on experience on Ansible.
- Hands on experience in building Docker Delivery using Elastic Bean Stalk.
- Extensively experienced in using Build and Automation tools like ANT, Maven and Grunt.
- Experienced in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven Builds.
- Experienced in trouble shooting, Configuring and Deploying Enterprise Applications in WebSphere, JBOSS/Tomcat and BEA Web Logic as well
- Worked with different Bug Tracking Tools like DevTrack, JIRA and Rational Clear Quest. Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MS-SQL by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Proactively communicated and Collaborated with the External and Internal Customers to analyze Information needs and functional requirements.
- Hands on experience in Configuration of ELB (Elastic Load Balancer).
- Extensive working knowledge on design and implementation of VPN.
- Extensive working knowledge on IAM for Identity on Access Management for AWS using Multifactor authentication.
- Handling implementation process for the new projects starting from R&D, SIT, UAT and production environment.
- Involving in identifying latent and critical bugs in the system and helped team in delivering a defect free and quality product.
- Extensive Hands on experience with Ruby.
- Experience in leading and managing teams. Handled multiple roles - System Admin, Configuration management, Build and release Admin, and Incident management.
- Good Experience with application and infrastructure management and monitoring tools.
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills, self-motivated, quick learner and team player.
Version Control tool: Rational Clear Case, Perforce and Subversion (SVN), GIT.
Scripting Languages: Shell Scripting, Perl, Python and Ruby.
CI tools: Cruise Control and Hudson/Jenkins.
Build tool: ANT, Maven and ClearMake
Bug Tracking tool: DevTrack and ClearQuest, JIRA
Agile Tools: VersionOne and XP Live
Operating Systems: Windows, Red Hat Linux and Solaris.
Issue Tracking tool: JIRA, Remedy, CompuCom
MS: SQL Server
Other DevOps Tools: Chef, Puppet, Docker, Ansible and AWS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios
Confidential, Reston, VA
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Working in Agile Scrum methodology having 4 sprints as a release. Working closely with DevOps Architects to analyze, review and clarify design and architecture on tools Implementation, Build and Deploy automation.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Installed the application on AWS EC2 instances and also configured the storage on S3 buckets.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and also on the IAM role based polices and customizing.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloudwatch.
- Managed servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform instances using Chef Configuration management.
- Creating snapshots and amazon machine images (AMIs) of the instances for backup and creating clone instances
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Design, develop and, maintenance of automated tooling codes in shell scripting .
- Setup and maintain cloud based infrastructure (AWS).
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including JenkinsNodes/Agent, Android, iOS, VMWare, Amazon EC2.
- Created Multifactor Authentication for AWS Users in the organizations.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds. Took the sole responsibility to maintain the CI Jenkins server .
- Developing procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with Linux container technology using Docker .
- Contributing in the DevOps team to maintain and build out our infrastructure and servers currently operating on AWS platforms.
- Developed Shell Scripts, Perl, Python for automation of the build and release process.
- Used Nagios for monitoring the backend servers. Worked in managing VMs in Amazon using AWS -EC2.
- Used Chef to automate the node configuration setup and maintenance.
- Involved in editing the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
- Creating a test environment for execution of tests by creating clustering environment using ECS (Ec2 Container Services).
- Setting up CRON Jobs to download daily backups of critical services to on-prem using AWS-CLI.
- Performed SCM audits and provided reports against process and procedures in development, build and releases of the Projects as per internal proprietary defined standards and steps.
- Working with application and operations teams to ensure successful deployment and operation of their application.
- Creating the DB Server environments using RDS and performing Read Replicas, multiAZ for high Availability and Fault Tolerance.
- Work with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems. Creating Users and managing Version control tools like GIT, SVN.
- Helping users on Version Control tool. Resolve the user issues
Environment:: GIT, SVN, Perl, Shell, ANT, Python, Jira, Oracle 11g, Docker, Virtual Machines, LINUX/SOLARIS/AIX, Chef, AWS, Linux and Jenkins.
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Jenkins, Perforce and Nexus.
- Managed and coordinated the SCM requirements planning through development of multi-tier applications and their build/deployment throughout BB&T distributed Windows development environment.
- Expertise in build tools like Apache MAVEN (using POM.xml) for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code.
- Worked with all areas of Development teams to ensure the build and deployment process serves better quality for the business.
- Ensure appropriate redundancy and fall backs in all server environments.
- Automation of the build Process and implement deployment workflow.
- Updated bugs and user stories in ALM tool to reflect deployment information when pushing / releasing code, collating them with other information into release notes.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Perforce.
- Creating the High available servers which span across Availability Zones using VPC and Elastic Load Balancer
- Coordinate build schedules between development teams, Database Administrators and Network Operations while developing and improving build communication channels.
- Set up and maintain the monitoring infrastructure, analyze system bottlenecks, issues/bugs and solve them in real time to maintain quality of product.
- Setup of the Complete CI environment on Cloud to provision builds by any user from any device.
- Creating the EC2 Container Registry for Docker Registry and maintenance.
- Creating the CDN using the Amazon Cloud Front and S3.
- Experienced in taking high quality measures for build/deployment/source control tools processes, SOD for right access levels for source control for better Auditing/Controlling.
- Setting up CRON Jobs to download daily backups of critical services to on-prem using AWS-CLI.
- Attended sprint planning sessions and daily sprint stand-up meetings. Improved overall build and deployment execution and delivery turnaround times extensively.
- Technically Managed/led build team engineers, both onsite and at remote locations.
- Solid experience with onsite and offshore model. Directed build and deployment teams remotely, technically and effectively.
- Perforce Administration. DevTrack (Bug Tracking tool Administration). Providing access to Perforce.
- Providing access to DevTrack.
- Train users on Perforce usage. Train users on DevTrack usage. VersionOne (Agile tool) Administration. Providing access to VersionOne.
- Cleanup termination employee’s A/Cs from Perforce, DevTrack and VersionOne. Train users on Perforce new features, DevTrack new features.
- Creating Branches for main releases and HotFix releases. Creating Labels in Perforce. Applying triggers on branches for control checkin in perforce.
- Resolve the perforce issues. Resolve the DevTrack issues.
- Prepare PPTs with example on new features of Perforce and DevTrack and provide KT to user to use those features.
- Follow up with users on new features of P4 and DevTrack and get their feedback on that. Handling continues merge/sync/integration issues. Providing control check-in process in Perforce.
- Writing SCM plan and enhancing it as per new implementations. Writing MS-SQL queries for DevTrack.
- Install new versions of DevTrack, Perforce and VersionOne on Test instances and ask users to test the new features. Tracking H/W procurement with IT team for different (R & D) teams.
- Handling SR and CompuCom ticketing tools for daily issues raised by users on P4, DevTrack and V1 issues.
- Taking Database backups and restore it in test instances for testing new features of DevTrack. Played key role in the DevTrack multisite test setup and followup with users on test cases feedback.
- Implemented JIRA setup, Workflows and did the evaluation for migration from DevTrack to JIRA.
Environment: Perforce, DevTrack, VersionOne, Shell scripting, Jenkins, Jira, ANT, MS-SQL and AWS.
Confidential, Timonium, MD
Build and Release Engineer
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Integrated ant with Shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications.
- Responsible for changing manual software build environment into an automated build and release environment.
- Involved in troubleshooting the automation of Installing and configuring JAVA applications in the test and pre-production environments.
- Created the Deployment notes and released the Deployment instructions to Application Support.
- Responsible for the trouble shoot with the servers (Bouncing the servers when needed).
- Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of the build artifacts like war or ear files
- Managed branching and Merging in a multi-project environment. Managed the entire Release Communication and Co-ordination process. Imported and managed multiple applications in Subversion (SVN).
- Involved in backing up repository, creating folder and granting user access privileges.
- Experienced in Standards and procedures development, Release management and Change management training/advocacy.
- Responsible for deploying various types of application packages like JAR, WAR, and EAR files.
- Integrated Subversion and Ant with Jenkins to implement the continuous integration process.
- Created Ant, Perl & UNIX scripts for build and Release activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Manage and document all post deployment issues utilizing the Post Deployments Issue Log.
- Preparing SCM plan and implementing. Creating SVN branches and SVN tags.
- User profile management - Provide necessary permissions to developer (read only, read/write)
- Help users on SVN related issues. Handling continues merge/sync/integration issues. various projects.
Environment: SVN, Perl, Shell, Python, ANT, Oracle 11g, LINUX/SOLARIS/AIX and Jenkins.
- Creating and Managing VOBs. Managing Views, Branches, Labels & ConfigSpec. Coordinating with developers and testers for ClearCase related issues.
- Restored VOBs from backup during the VOB server crash. Worked in well-defined and customized SCM process.
- Monitoring and Administering VOBs and Views and ClearCase processes. Scheduled jobs for Weekly scrubbing of VOBs.
- Troubleshooting and fixing the errors ranging from basic to very critical problems in ClearCase as well in proprietary tools.
- Attained significant experience in ClearCase and Multisite administration. Provided ClearCase training for Users and trained more than 20 developers on ClearCase.
- Essentials on WINDOWS, UNIX, and LINUX and on ClearCase customized Company proprietary tools.
- Supporting around 500 developers geographically and helping them to discover the easiness of ClearCase environment.
- Installed ClearCase on UNIX Clients and Servers with appropriate patches, also on LINUX Clients and Servers on different architectures by patching the ClearCase.
- Installed ClearCase on Windows Servers and Clients. Responsible for applying and receiving new ClearCase licenses.
- Changed registry server and license server from one server to another server. Scheduled jobs for synchronizing, importing and exporting of VOBs to different sites.
- Resolve the ClearCase tickets. Monitoring license usage on servers using LIMBO tool. Manage JIRA tickets.
- Adding users in ClearCase groups using Ultima tool.
- Resolve ClearCase issues. Resolve MuSitelti Issues. Maintaining ClearCase Servers. ClearCase Installation.
- Multisite setup and maintenance.
- Creating replicas received from the Peer site. Scheduled jobs for synchronizing, importing and exporting of VOBs to different sites.
- Monitoring Multisite synchronization and updating with latest version of ClearCase and Multisite.
- Restore VOBs from the peer site for Latest data, in worst VOB database disaster. Troubleshooting problems in Multisite.
- Keep on monitoring incoming and outgoing bays for packets synchronization.
Environment: ClearCase, Multisite, Jenkins and ANT, Linux.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes