- Around 7+ years of IT experience as a Cloud Engineer (AWS, Azure), Unix/Linux System Administration (RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, Ubuntu), Build and Release Management, DevOps Engineer, Virtualization(VMware), CI (Continuous Integration), CD (Continuous Delivery) with good expertise in Building, Automating, Managing and Releasing codes in different environments.
- Experience in designing, building and deploying in a multitude application utilizing almost all the AWS services like EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, IAM, Lambda, Code commit, Code deploy, focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling with Cloud watch monitoring.
- Experience in various Azure services like Compute (Web Roles, Worker Roles), Azure Websites, Caching, SQL Azure, NoSQL, Storage, Network services, Azure Active Directory, API Management, Scheduling, Auto Scaling, PowerShell Automation.
- Good knowledge in Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) methodologies.
- Expertise in automating various build and deployments by using ANT, MAVEN, Perl, Ruby, MS Build, and Shell Scripts, Jenkins.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version control and source code management tools like GIT, SVN (subversion) on Linux.
- Experience on BEA 8.x, 9.x, 10.x,11 Server, Apache http Server, Apache Tomcat Server as administrator for Server Installations, Configuration, Application components deployment, performance tuning including troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Developed an opensource project with Kubernetes to manage a cluster of containers, running Docker containers across multiple hosts.
- Expertise in Ansible Playbook, Yaml for Maintaining Roles, Inventory Files and Groups Variables and Extensively worked on Jenkins and Hudson.
- Experience in Installing Chef Server Enterprise on premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and Automated by Testing Chef Recipes/Cookbooks with Test-kitchen.
- Deployed servers using Puppet, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure and Implemented Puppet 3.8 manifests and Modules to deploy the builds for Dev, QA and production
- Experience in Installation, Configuration and Troubleshooting VMware ESX & ESXi 4.x/ 5.x/ 6.x. and managed the Virtual Machines, Installed VMware Tools, Templates, Cloning, Deployed Virtual machines.
- Installing and Configuring Red Hat Linux locally or over the Network-Kick Start- (NFS, FTP, HTTP), PXE Booting and Bootstrapping.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache Http, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, send mail, FTP, remote access, security management security trouble shooting skills. Deep understanding of Protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS.
- Expertise in performance resource monitoring tools with Splunk, Nagios core and XI, tuned with the services like ssh, disk space, check memory, ftp.
- Understanding with the standards and great practices in Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, PHP, Python, Ruby & Perl scripts
- Excellent Knowledge in workflow of JIRA / Service now BMC Remedy, and Working with Agile SDLC under these tools.
Operating System: RHEL 5.x/6.x/7.x, Centos 5.x/6.x/7.x, Windows server 2003/2008/2012, 2016, Centos, Debian and Ubuntu
Services: FTP, YUM, SSH, TELNET, NFS, RPM, SFTP
Virtualization: VMware, Vcenter and VSphere
Networking: DNS, TCP/IP, LAN, SAN, WAN, NAS, F5, NIS, SMTP
Programming Languages: Bash, Shell Scripting, Perl, Ruby and Python
Web/App Servers: WebSphere Application Server 7.x/8.x, JBOSS.
Tools: Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Splunk, Nagios Core, Nagios XI, Jenkins/Hudson Ant, Maven, Gradle, Datacenter Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Database: SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, MySQL, DB2, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Cassandra.
Confidential, Chester, New York
Linux Administrator/ DevOps Engineer
- Perform day-to-day administration of over 300+ systems running on RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and UNIX/Linux operating systems. Deployed and implemented the key infrastructure hardware, proactively monitor/troubleshoot system failures, and modify shell scripts. Work with Software Development, Database and other departments/support groups to meet business and technical demands. Design, architect, document, and implement new IT Solutions.
- Involved in Amazon Web Services (AWS) provisioning and AWS administrations like EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, CloudFront, Elastic File system, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, Route53, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Cloud Formation, IAM, Elasticsearch and maintained the user accounts IAM Roles, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle and managed Docker container snapshots, attaching to a running container, removing images, managing director structures and managing containers in AWS.
- Managed the hosting of cloud applications on IaaS platforms like Amazon Web Services and OpenShift. Implemented of cloud-ready applications and deployment pipelines on large-scale container platform clusters using Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible by Red Hat, and OpenShift by Red Hat
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure and worked on Kubernetes to manage containerized applications using its nodes, ConfigMaps, selector services and deployed application containers as Pods.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery Pipeline. Deployed micro services, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks.
- Created Chef Automation tools and builds, and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Used Chef Cookbooks, recipes, roles, data bags, run list to deploy web applications, applications server and vendor applications.
- Created Source code management with Git hub and GitLab to add, commit, push codes to various branches and setup Jenkins and implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, Maven in Linux environment.
- Configured Jenkins with Git for appropriate release builds. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Subversion. Maintained Continuous Integration effort with Subversion along with scheduled builds.
- Repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Nexus tool.
- Configured VMware HA, VMware DRS Clusters for VMotion migrations between ESX Servers. design, implementation and troubleshooting VMware ESXI 6.0 Hosts, VMware vSphere virtual center and upgraded of ESXi from version 5.5 to version 6.0 while keeping the VM's in maintenance mode.
- Created and maintained the Shell deployment scripts for Tomcat web application servers and work closely with the patches to the middleware of Oracle, JBOSS and Apache Web Server in the production Environment.
- Worked with RHEL 5, 6, 7, CentOS, and Solaris system administration in an enterprise environment and supported infrastructure servers in an ISP (Internet Service Protocol) environment with advanced enterprise levels of DNS and DHCP technical troubleshooting skills with NFS, Kickstart procedures, performance tuning, mail, security.
- Performed SAN/NAS storage solutions (NetApp) and worked with LDAP/ OpenLDAP configuration and monitoring of customer facing issues enterprise email systems like INBOUND, OUTBOUND, Spam, and login. worked with Active Directory Services, IIS Servers, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and Terminal Services
- Participate in on-call rotation and work to resolve critical issues 24/7.
- Managed Amazon EC-2 instances by taking AMIs and performing administration and monitoring of the Amazon instances like EC2 using Nagios Core, NagiosXi and Splunk.
- Responsible for selective Zimbra mailbox restores & Exchange mailbox reconnects due to missing or deleted email and successfully migrated and created users to Zimbra and cloud mark for the Customer Email.
Environment: EC2, Elastic Load-balancers, Elastic Container Service (Docker Containers), S3, CloudFront, IAM, Chef, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Nagios, Ant, Maven, GIT, GITHUB, Shell, CRONJOBS, Nagios Core, Nagios Xi, BMC Remedy, Linux, Unix, VMware.
Confidential, Malvern, Pennsylvania
DevOps Engineer/ Cloud Security Engineer
- Involved in planning, building and configuring a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support V2C migration of on premise infrastructure and enterprise applications.
- As part of V2C migration, involved in creation of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, NACL, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer (ELB), Elastic IPs, NAT and Internet Gateways.
- Created application infrastructure using EC2, AMI, IAM, ELBs, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, IAM, Lambda, Code commit, Code deploy, focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, auto-scaling with Cloud watch monitoring and created Security Groups for Ingress and Egress traffic, RDS, Auto Scaling and Cloud Watch/Splunk for monitoring
- Deploying and Managing Azure Cloud services, web apps, service bus, key vault, application insights, azure dashboards, data analytics, HD Insight cluster, SQL Azure, resource groups, Storage accounts, Virtual networks, Load balancer.
- Worked on Azure Cloud services, Azure storage, Azure active directory and Azure Service Bus. Managing Client's Microsoft Azure based PaaS and IAAS environment.
- Regular Build jobs in Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery(CI/CD) and Configured the user accounts for Continuous Integration(CI) in Jenkins, Nexus, SonarQube, Groovy, Node.js, chef, uchiwa sensu.
- Installed and configured with tomcat Server, Apache, High Availability Manager, BIND DNS, Send Mail, F5 Big IP Load Balancers.
- Deployed the generated build to WEB and APP server using the continuous integration process to all Environments and involved in Administration, fine tuning, troubleshooting & ongoing support of HTTP servers (IBM HTTP, Apache, IIS) & WebSphere App Servers.
- Worked on installation of Docker using Docker toolbox and creating the Docker containers, Docker consoles and Docker container images for managing the application life cycle by tagging and pushing the images.
- Worked on Docker engine and Docker Machine environments, to deploy the micro services-oriented environments for scalable applications. Good understanding of Redhat Open Shift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Jenkins and creating the build script using the ANT as build tool, for Java web applications. Cookbooks for various Data Base configurations to modularize and optimize product configuration, converting.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in Open stack cloud and deployed the Open stack components on multimode with High Availability (H.A) Environment.
- Configured in Jenkins for building in all the production and non-production environments. Used JIRA as a change management, work management/ SCRUM Agile Tool.
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems using shell scripting and CRONTABs
- Installed and configured Nagios monitoring tool, while using it for monitoring network services and host resources.
Environment: Azure, AWS EC2 instances, VPC, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance, S3, IAM, Chef, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Nagios, Ant, Maven, GIT, GITHUB, Shell, CRONJOBS.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
DevOps Engineer/ Cloud Security Engineer
- Created EC2 Instances on AWS Cloud, EBS (Elastic Storage Block), EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, IAM, Lambda, Code commit, Code deploy.
- Used IAM to create and manage AWS users and groups, and use permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources.
- Performed s3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role based polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Deployed and configured Azure websites, configure diagnostics, monitoring and analytics on Azure Platform along with scale and resilience for Azure Web sites and migration of Existing Infrastructure on Azure Service Manager(ASM) to Azure Resource Manager(ARM).
- Worked on configuring cloud platform such as virtual networks multi-site, cross-site, VMs, Azure AD, Load Balancers, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, etc.
- Implemented CI/CD using multiple Jenkins Master and slaves and configured with pipeline using GIT/SVN, Maven Plugins, nexus or Artifactory, deployments tools with UDEPLOY and Puppet.
- Administration and support of homogeneous production and development server infrastructure of multiple flavors of Linux and setup with SVN Server & GIT on a Linux environment, configured the users with LDAP, created the repository and ranching structure for all the applications
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Implemented Puppet modules to install configure and maintain web servers like Apache Web Server, Nginx. Involved in User Management and support for local and remote users, manage system access across groups to ensure compliance, and maintained best practices.
- Worked on Puppet modules for TOMCAT and WEBSPHERE and Automated multiple applications through puppet Manifests. Created Docker containers with the help of Docker images. Virtualized the images by using the Docker files.
- Installed, configured and Administrated of all UNIX/LINUX servers, includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to Support the installation/upgrades of Red Hat (6/7), CentOS 6/7, Ubuntu operating systems.
- Strong hands on experience in scripting languages like Perl, Bash, Shell, Ruby and Python and worked with MySQL, MS SQL Server, and their feature set and created database in MySQL as per the requirement
- Involved in an Agile/ Scrum environment and daily standup meetings and installed, configured and administer Splunk Enterprise Server 6.x.x and Splunk Forwarder 6.x.x on Redhat Linux.
- Maintenance of existing Splunk infrastructure on Solaris platforms and setting up new environment on Linux VM's in development and testing the existing apps after migrated from existing Splunk infrastructure.
Environment: Git, Gradle, WebSphere, Artifactory, Jenkins, Docker, Splunk, Puppet, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, AWS, Azure, Shell, Quality Center, Unix, Linux, Windows, Java/J2EE.
Confidential, Ashburn, VA
Build & Release Engineer/ VMware Engineer
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications into different environments like Dev, INT and QA.
- Involved in automation of build and release process for various business critical applications.
- Knowledge and expertise in every phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and using Agile (SCRUM) Methodology.
- Worked as a Build and Release Engineer in Automating, Building, Deploying, and Releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Worked on source controller tools like Subversion (SVN) and extensively worked on continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and release.
- Worked on installation of local yum repository and package administration using YUM and RPM.
- Followed Agile Methodology toolset including tools for maintaining user stories and deployment solutions for Scrum and worked for Agile as Continuous Integration Environment and automated the whole process.
- Configured and maintaining various Webservers like Apache and App servers like Tomcat, JBoss.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.5 & 6.0 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure.
- Installed Patches and upgraded ESXi hosts using VMware Update Manager and through CLI. Monitored VM & ESXi server components like CPU, Memory, Disk and Network Utilization and Configured VMotion / Creating resource pools and configuring the VM’s based on priority.
- Team role included working in VMware Orchestrator, VMware, Vrealize, Automation Center 6.0 (vRA) catalog management creating cloud server provisioning entitlements, creating and defining business groups, creating catalog items, creating services for the catalog items, creating Windows 2008/2012) and Linux (Red Hat6) blueprints.
- Writing shell scripts for Automated Back-ups and Cron Jobs using ssh and bash and managed user accounts and groups for corporate Linux users and supported corporate Linux Development servers.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of NFS, HTTP, FTP, SAMBA, DHCP, DNS Servers.
- Updated Maven build configurations and created integration tests and performance tests Managed SVN branching and merging for older projects in multiple simultaneous releases.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin.
- Extensively worked on Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux 5 /6, IBM AIX 5.X and Windows 03/08 Servers on large distributed environment.
Environment: RHEL Linux, UNIX, Subversion, Maven, ANT, Apache Tomcat, XML, bash, Shell scripts, VMware.
Confidential, Boca Raton, FL
Linux Administrator/ VMware Engineer
- Managed with VMware products including vSphere 5.0, 5.1, 5.5 VMware Horizon View VDI, VMware SRM, VMware Lab Manager, vCloud Suite, vCAC, vRealize, Automation, Orchestrator and vShield.
- Creating, cloning Linux virtual Machines, templates using VMware Virtual Client 3.5 and migrating servers between ESX hosts.
- Migrated about 500 servers from Physical-to-Virtual (P2V), Virtual-to-Virtual (V2V) in both VMware and Hyper - V environments using plate spin and VMware convertor.
- Worked on specs for new infrastructure and VMware servers, disk storage, and network switches, routers, firewalls, and VPN's.
- Involved on Networking in analyzing, designing, implementing Switches, Routers, Firewalls, DNS client, DHCP client, NFS client and SAMBA client.
- Expertise Experience and Knowledge on Logical volume manager (LVM), creating disk partitions, setting up file systems and mounting the file systems and unmounting them.
- Installed, updated and removing different packages using RPM and used YUM to update specific packages. Wrote scripts for automation, and monitoring using Shell (bash, C and Ksh), Python and Perl scripts
- Experienced in configuration and maintenance of common Linux services such as Tomcat, Apache, MySQL, NFS, FTP, Postfix, LDAP, DHCP, DNS BIND, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, IP Tables and Firewalld.
- Daily monitoring and response for Linux servers, including application processes, file system alerts, system faults.
- Updating and upgrading ESXi 5.x, 6.x servers, vCenter Server, using vSphere Update Manager and VM Tools through manual updates and managed ESXi hosts using VCenter Server/ vSphere Client and VMware Web Client.
- Performed VMotion and Storage VMotion of Virtual Machines across different cluster with respect to security policies and application development requirements
- Created and maintained File system, user accounts, removed users, lock/unlock users in Linux.
- Completed work on LVM. Created volume groups, extended volume groups, reduce volume groups, mirrored Volume Groups.
- Perform server updates, patching, upgrades, and package installation using RPM and supported Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers and configurations plus reporting and monitoring.
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux on new server builds as well as during the upgrade.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Server (RHEL 4, 5), HPC, IBM AIX 5.3 & 6.1, VMware, Vcenter, VSphere, Scripting, Suse LINUX, UNIX, Firewalls, FTP, DNS, SSL, SSH.
Unix/ Linux Administrator
- Involved in Installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH and SAMBA.
- Experience in writing basic Shell scripts using bash for applications, backup and scheduling.
- Troubleshooting OS / Hardware related issues and monitor server health on a day-to-day basis.
- Worked with the virtual build, installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux RedHat both locally or over network.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide Apache web servers and Tomcat application containers in a large RedHat Linux/CentOS environment.
- Responsible for configuring networking concepts like NIS, NFS, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, SFTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, supporting users in solving their problems.
- Working on volume management, disk management using logical volume manager. Performed collaborative root cause analysis to resolve software and network issues in production.
- Applying OS patch and upgrade in a multi-platform (RedHat/CentOS) environment on a regular scheduled basis.
- Hardened various Linux RedHat 6 Servers utilizing security policies and CIS Security Benchmark based template.
- Collaborated with Network Admin in Installing, configuring, securing, and implementing slave replication on DNS BIND servers. Installed, updated, and configured the necessary packages using the RPM and YUM software/package management.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck. And also Password-less setup and agent-forwarding done for SSH login using SSH-Keygen tool.
- Extensively worked with the LAN/WAN, firewalls and routing for Internet and Intranet connectivity using different protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP/s, FTP, SMTP & SSH
- Regularly confers with system administrator and users regarding current and prospective system changes and created and edited Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and documented various performed activities.
- Building and configuring RedHat systems over the network, implement automated tasks through Cron jobs, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Creation and resizing of Logical Volumes (LVM) for Linux operating system and monitor system activities like CPU, memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues and Participate in 24x7 on-call support personnel in debugging.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, NFS, Samba, DNS servers, DHCP servers, SSH, NFS, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, MySQL, DNS BIND servers, Apache web servers.