Aws Devops Engineer Resume
- Fast - paced software professional with 8 years of experience in IT industry comprising of Linux System Administration, DevOps Engineering, and in automating, building, releasing of code from one environment to other environment and deploying to servers. Extensive experience includes SCM, AWS, DevOps, Build/Release Management and Cloud Management and Containerization.
- Hands-on experience in Automation, Configuring and Deploying instances on Amazon web services (AWS) and experience with AWS components like EC2, ELB, Auto scaling, S3, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trial, Cloud Formation Templates.
- Good working knowledge on AWS IAM service, IAM policies, Roles, Users, Groups, AWS access keys and Multi Factor Authentication. And migrated applications to the AWS Cloud.
- Experience with AWS Command line interface and PowerShell for automating administrative tasks. Defined AWS Security Groups which acted as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic reaching one or more AWS EC2, LAMBDA instances.
- Hand-On experience in Implementing, Build and Deployment of CI/CD pipelines, managing projects often includes tracking multiple deployments across multiple pipeline stages (Dev, Test/QA staging and production ). Implement CI/CD tools Upgrade, Backup, Restore, API call, DNS, LDAP and SSL setup.
- Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet and Sonar type Nexus.
- Strong experience creating ANT/MAVEN with Puppet build scripts for deployment. Experience with Maven (Pom.xmls) and Ant (build.xmls).
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Perf orce and PVCS environment issues in a multi-component environment like OpenStack .
- Worked with Docker and Vagrant for different infrastructure setup and testing of code. Written build scripts from scratch for new projects and for new modules within existing projects.
- Worked with Vagrant for local development setup. Moved Vagrant setup to Docker based environment. And also experience in writing Vagrant file and Docker file.
- Focused on containerization and immutable infrastructure. Experience on clustering and container management using Docker Swarm and Kubernetes.
- Working knowledge on Kubernetes, Aurora and RDS. Good experience in Middleware services like JMS, JDBC and implemented other services like JNDI, SNMP.
- Created and Maintained Chef Recipes and cookbooks to simplify and expedite deployment of applications and mitigate user error.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud , integrating it with Chef/Puppet . Adding vSphere to nova compute nodes and Manage and troubleshoot the Nova Compute and Controller Services.
- Expertise in component repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc. Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as ELK Stack, Splunk, Nagios, AppDynamics & ICynga.
- Hands on experience with build tools like, Team City, Sonar. Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
- Experienced administrator skills on Linux/UNIX distributions (Red Hat/CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris and AIX) and Windows flavors. Installed Linux/Unix distributions and configured various services as per the requirement using Puppet .
- Design and implementation of a Puppet-based configuration management system for all new Linux machines (physical and virtual).
- Server configure management via Puppet or Chef and System orchestration via Ansible . Experience in Setting up Chef Workstation, Working with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes.
- Worked with other internal IT teams to complete project activities (Architecture and Database teams) .
- Worked with VMWARE tools like vCenter & vSphere to manage VM’s running on ESX cluster nodes and also experience working on vMotion.
- Experience in adding servers to vCenter servers and managed hosts from vSphere client. Analyzing the VM-Support logs for ESX servers and vCenter logs to diagnose the root cause for the problem and troubleshooting them.
- Experience in creating and managing user accounts, Security policies, Rights, Disk spaces, Disk quotas and Process monitoring in CentOS and Red Hat Linux.
- Experience in configuring NIS, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAMBA, FTP, Remote Access Protocol, Security Management, Security trouble shoots and SOA-based applications. Expertise in installations of SQL server, MYSQL server and PostgreSQL.
- Experience in Linux/Unix System Administration, Network Administration and Application Support working on Red Hat Linux 6/7, SUSE Linux 10/11.
- In-depth knowledge of computer applications and shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python, and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Experience on Build/Release/Deployment/Operations (Devops) engineer with a strong background in Linux/Unix Administration and best practices of SDLC methodologies like Agile, Scrum, waterfall and Devops/Cloud processes.
Platforms: Red Hat Linux, CentOS, Ubuntu, SUSE, VIOS 2.1/2.2, HP-UX 11, IBM AIX, Windows, Windows Server, VMware ESX and Mac OS.
Cloud: AWS EC2, S3, RDB, ELB, EBS, VPC, Auto Scaling, Dynamo DB. Azure Cloud and Office 365 Cloud Exchange
Versioning Tools: GIT, SVN, Subversion, Perforce, Clear Case, CVS and Bit Bucket.
Database: Cassandra, MongoDB, MYSQL, SQL Server 2012/2014
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo and CVS.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
Containerization Tools: Docker.
Scripting: Shell scripting, Python, Perl scripting
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, and XML, Servlets, JSP.
Application Servers and Web servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, and Tomcat, Apache server, Glass Fish, Jboss.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Solarwind, fixstream.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OHIO
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu/RHEL) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Responsible for managing infrastructure provisioning (S3, ELB, EC2, RDS, Route 53, IAM, security groups - CIDR’s, VCP, NAT) and deployment via SCALR and EC2 Installs with CentOS, Ubuntu and RHEL 6 and Scientific Linux.
- Involved in maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services template.
- Worked on Auto scaling, Cloud watch(monitoring), AWS Elastic Beanstalk (app deployments), Amazon S3(storage) and Amazon EBS (persistent disk storage).
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloud watch .
- Created the AWS VPC network for the Installed Instances and configured the Security Groups and Elastic IP's accordingly. Installing the Load Balancers and VPC with Public and private subnets.
- Extensively involved in infrastructure as code, execution plans, resource graph and change automation using Terraform , Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform , Expertise in writing new plugins to support new functionality in Terraform
- Experience is using Tomcat, JBOSS, Web logic and WebSphere Application servers for deployment.
- Experience in building new application and deployment through ANSIBLE and managing them in production environment. Integrated Ansible and Maven on Jenkins.
- Developed Python career path through professional development while working on Python projects.
- Analyzed frequently occurring system breaks and automated fixes in Python/UNIX.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages and Worked on playbooks for Ansible in YAML scripting.
- Completely responsible for automated infrastructure provisioning (Windows and Linux) using Ansible Scripts.
- Responsible for automated installation of Ansible Enterprise 2.7 and configuring Ansible Master and Ansible Agents (both Windows and Linux Environments) in AWS VPC environment.
- Responsible for automated deployment of Java application in Tomcat Server using Ansible scripts.
- Responsible for automated identification of application server and database server using Ansible scripts.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also, configuration automation using Docker containers .
- Implemented comprehensive cloud monitoring and incident management solution using Cloud kick, Data dog.
- Hands on experience in using tools like Docker Compose, Kubernetes, etc. for orchestrating, linking and deploying the services related to the containers.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker , working with Docker images, Docker hub .
- Created additional Docker, Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker, Images and pulled them to ECR . Worked on all major components of Docker , like, Docker, Daemon, Hub, Images, Registry and Swarm etc.
- Worked with Kubernetes as It usually works with the Docker container tool and coordinates between a wide cluster of hosts running Docker.
- Container clustering with Docker Mesos/Kubernetes. implementing and Managing Docker and Kubernetes infrastructure.
- Created, maintained and customized complex JIRA project configurations including workflows, custom fields, permissions and notifications.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Bash, Perl, Shell, Ruby, PHP and Python .
- Processed test files and analyze test results. Performed day to day execution or Test Cases/Scripts; document results, log defects, and regression testing of defects. Develop, review, load and maintain Test Plans, Test Scripts/Cases and test directories within test tool.
- Performed test execution and defect reporting utilizing testing tools.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst, and Managers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, IAM, S3, cloud watch, ANT, Maven, GitHub, Ansible, Docker, Java, Agile, Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic, WebSphere, Bash, Shell, Perl, Python, PHP, Ruby.
Confidential, Folsom, CA
- Helped in migrating and managing multiple applications from on premise to cloud using services like Snowball, DMS, Server Migration Service(SMS).
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups . Used IAM to create new accounts, roles, and groups.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancer to safeguard that the traffic is distributed uniformly across all the EC2 Instances. Used Simple Storage Services, Glacier, and Elastic Block Store to manage the storage in cloud.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the performance of Jenkins, and also used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Created Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery Pipelines for the build and deployment automation in place.
- Experienced in SCM tools GIT/GIT Hub and Ensured the reliability of applications by creating release branches and development branches using GIT Branching.
- Developed Chef recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Configured Files, Data Base, Commands, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Installed and Configured chef server/workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes. Managed and monitored the instances (chef clients) on AWS EC2.
- Written several cookbooks in Chef to automate the environment provisioning, Middleware Infrastructure Installations.
- Proficient in installing and configuring Nagios, monitoring tool to monitor bandwidth of server network and hard drive status and improved monitoring in Nagios and custom plugins.
- Created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud watch and Configured multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Supported 2000+ AWS Cloud instance’s and familiar with Amazon Cloud command line management and worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios and Tivoli.
- Monitored System Activities like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues.
- Responsible for Red Hat Linux Designing, Installing, Configure, Security, Backup, and upgrade.
- Experienced in Logical Volume Management on Linux with LVM Knowledgeable in HTTP, HTTPS, SMTP, FTP, SFTP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, VPN, POP3 protocols.
- Managed Web Applications, Configuration files, User Mount Points, Database, and Packages through Puppet.
- Worked on Installation/Configuration/Administrated VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0/6.5 and migrated existing servers into VMware Infrastructure and Troubleshoot server issues and registered events since Forced Crash Dumps.
- Experience and Familiar with Virtualization technologies like installing, configuring, administering VMware ESX/ESXi and Citrix Xen Server . Created and managed VMs (virtual server) and also involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects and monitoring.
- Performing Exchange Online administration activities which also include Mail Security- Transport Rules, preventing phishing/spacious mails using EOP and Trend Micro Cloud Email Security
- Used PowerShell scripting for automating Applications Active directory, SCCM, App-V and windows and Customizations.
- Applied the Clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Ensured the continuous operation of build and test systems by efficiently working with development, testing, deployment, infrastructure, and project teams. and held meetings to analyze the usage and create report for the future requirements.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Chef, auto scaling, ceph, IAM, Load Balancers, Nagios, Tivoli, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, Glacier, UNIX, Linux, and Windows.
Confidential, Nashville, TN
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and Apache MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Extensive experience in using Version control systems includes Subversion (SVN), GIT, and ClearCase. Involved in migrating from SVN to GIT. Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-inn's come from the developer.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/GIT support for different projects.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins. Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Proficient with Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for application build and deployments.
- Managed, configured servers to automate tasks and deploy apps on Virtual Machines, Bare-Metal and Cloud Instances using a tool Foreman along with Puppet.
- Experienced in installing, configuring, administrating Jenkins on Linux machines alongside updating plugins like GIT, Maven, SVN and Puppet.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Puppet and Practical/hands-on knowledge on using Mcollective, Hiera in conjunction with puppet modules.
- Using configuration Management tool like puppet to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous Deployments. Experienced with working on Puppet Master and Puppet Agents. Defined Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases . Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- New Development workflow uses different open source tools like Server Spec, Rspec, Vagrant and Packer in order to validate changes across different puppet modules.
- Experience integrating JUnit , Find Bugs, Check style code analysis and testing during the build.
- Having production experience supporting and deploying to web application servers such as WebLogic, JBOSS, Apache, Tomcat, and Apache HTTPD servers.
- Developed and implemented an automated Linux infrastructure using Puppet. Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- OS installation using remote installation tools (PXE/kickstart/CFengine/Puppet) Managing Linux infrastructure using single, integrated tools for efficiency, speed such as Puppet/CFengine.
- Experience in designing and configuring open source management tools Puppet, Chef and CFengine in Devops Environment.
- Experience in writing Puppet manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services. Involved in Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management.
- Set up Jenkins build jobs to provide one click deployments of the latest software build to WebSphere clusters for use by developers and support personnel. These were implemented using a combination of Jenkins configuration, BASH scripting.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, software versions, changes implemented in current release, Defects fixed, Labels applied.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to Apache Tomcat application servers and configured it to host the wiki website.
- Configured and maintained Hudson to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Getting the list of issues from the components (project, module, file etc.) with the help of SonarQube. Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Bamboo, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, JIRA, ceph, TeamCity, LINUX, XML, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Web logic, MY SQL, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Linux / VMware Administrator
- Installing and configure Redhat Linux Servers with Kickstart, LDAP, DNS, and DHCP. and applying security policies for hardening the server based on the company's policies.
- Working on volume/File system management using Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Veritas Volume Manager , and Solstice Disk Suite (Solaris Volume Manager).
- Maintained customized user environments using SUDO for system administrator access on test and production servers. Experienced in tasks like managing User Accounts and Groups, managing Disks and File systems.
- Implemented, configured and deployed new patches, upgrades, bug fixes on both physical and virtual Red Hat Linux servers using satellite server and YUM server.
- Experience in installing, configuring and maintaining application Server like WebSphere and Web Servers like Web Logic, Apache HTTP and Tomcat on UNIX and Linux.
- Experience in installation, configuration, performance tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrade/patches of Linux and UNIX servers using Crontab.
- Experienced in installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH, SAMBA and Routed Protocols FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Expertise in deployment of Routers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls, IDS, load balancers, VPN Concentrators
- Installation and administration of VMware vSphere ESXi 6.5 environment, Evaluated and implemented new hardware and software solutions that benefited architecture and operations implemented VMware SRM and troubleshot performance issues.
- Worked on VMware for Virtual server builds, increasing memory, CPU, adding disks, Maintenance on ESX hosts VM and server/storage migrations
- Installing and upgrading virtual machine hardware version using VMware tools. Provisioning virtual machines and Deploying virtual machines from Templates by cloning. Creating and deleting of VM's snapshots.
- Assigning LUNs to ESX/ ESXi servers and creating data stores. Adding virtual machine memory and vcpu.
- Use VMware VSphere vCenter Update Manager to apply patches to virtual machines and also Virtual Private Networking (VPN) tools and techniques to maintain these VM's.
- Samba and Apache Web Services Performed different software changes in VMware environment on customer's servers. Followed up with Data Center personal for hardware related changes.
- Have tested various Linux Environments in the Development/Test Stages to help create a better standardized environment and resolutions of any problems if any occurred. Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
Environment: Linux, VMware, VSphere ESXi, YUM, Crontab, WebLogic, ceph, Apache HTTP, Tomcat, Shell Scripts, Ruby, Python and PowerShell.
- Provided 24x7 on-call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Linux, Solaris, HP-U Installation/Maintenance of Hardware/Software in Production, Development & Test Environment as an integral part of the Unix/Linux (RHEL/SUSE/SOLARIS/HP-UX/AIX) Support team.
- Experience managing various file systems using LVM and SVM and also configured file systems through network using NFS, NAS, SAN methodologies and installed RAID devices.
- Experience in configuration of apache SVN, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SFTP , remote access management and security trouble shooting skills. Worked on creating disk groups, volumes, deporting, importing disk groups using VERITAS volume manager.
- Monitored server and application performance & tuning via various stat commands (vmstat, NFS-stat, iostat) and tuned I/O, memory, etc.
- Responsible for Remote Linux Support with more than 400 Servers. Managing users like creating, deleting and granting proper privileges and managing system security.
- Resolving TCP/IP network access problems for the clients. Develop, Maintain, update various scripts for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, Cron jobs) UNIX based shell.
- Respond to clients for network problems such as firewall, router, switch, internet, computer applications, printer, VPN, Active directory, DNS and DHCP Servers.
- Experience installing and configuring SSH (Secure Shell) encryption in order to access securely on Ubuntu and Red hat Linux. Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck .
- Monitoring CPU, memory, iSCSI disks, disk controllers, physical disk, HW and SW RAID, multipath, file systems, network using the tools NAGIOS and BMC Tools.
- Updating patches to keep the Linux and Solaris servers updated against bugs present in the operating system using patch administration commands like yum, rpm, patchadd, showrev & up2date etc.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, DHCP, VPN, NFS , and Apache .
- Managing CRON jobs, batch processing and job scheduling .Troubleshooting the network with the help of netstat, ping, nslookup and traceroute tools.
- OS upgrades and installation of third party software, packages and patches as per requirement. Maintaining the Linux Firewall for network and implement to the network security.
- Responsible for Installation, configuration and administration of middleware like Web Logic 9.0, JBoss 3.2, CA Web Access Manager (WAM) and MQ Series v 7.0 etc.
- Performance Analysis of resources like CPU, Memory, Disk and Swap from command line using commands like prstat, vmstat, sar, iostat, swap etc. and tuning of the kernel parameters for the better performance of the operating system and TCP.
- Performed Disaster Recovery in RHEL servers which consists of LVM based FS and Red Hat Clustering.
- Supported class monitoring and management tools such as Open NMS, Tivoli and VCO.
Environment: WINDOWS, Oracle Virtual box, VMware, SSH, Putty, ceph, Cyber duck, Ubuntu, RHEL, SFTP, FTP, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, RPM, YUM, SCP, WinScp, and FileZilla.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes