- Practical working experience in collecting business requirements and authoring documents.
- Practical working experience as project manager from planning to implementation including budget tracking, resource planning, and risk mitigation.
- Practical experience working with PMO in project planning and identifying project milestones, deliverables and resource requirements; tracks activities and task execution; providing technical direction and support to the project manager.
- Practical working experience in leading QA efforts and creations and executions of Test Plans, Cases and Scripts.
- Extensive experience in business application design, development and testing in the mainframe environment using SDLC with heavy project management involvement on large scale projects, including CMMI Level 5 structure.
- Working knowledge of and practical experience in Cobol CICS/DB2, UDB, C, Easytrieve Plus, DYL280, SQL, z/OS, UNIX/Linux, EDI programming, Crystal Report, MS Access Database Systems, DataStage ETL Software and Quality Stage, and Operations Planning and Control (OPC).
- Proficient in authoring technical documents including Systems Requirements (SRD), Technical Design Specifications, Unit, Integration, Systems and User - Acceptance Test plans, and Application Distribution and Implementation plan.
- Working knowledge and practical experience in the use of various testing tools including Abendaid, TSO/ISPF, Xpediter, Intertest, Smarttest, SPUFI, QMF, File Aid, and WebSphere (WDz).
- Implemented and supported various corporate applications including Search and Match Engines, Multi-platform and Multi-PLEX marketing applications, and Human Resources and Benefits applications.
- Used tools such as Word, Excel, and Visio consistently in every environment. Used MS Access (desktop) in every environment, when needed, typically for data analyses and testing preparations. Used PowerPoint in every environment for presentation.
Knowledge of Object Oriented design and programming, Java, Visual Basic, Access, Sharepoint, MS Project, UML Diagrams, XML, Mantis, CLIST, REXX, MQ Series.
- Reverse engineering Funding Analysis and Reporting Process, the Confidential Assistance Program as Claims Processing Subsystem that distributes the amounts to proper accounts based on Procedure Codes, Aid Categories, etc. to creates reports to be used and presented to Medicare.
- Provider Master Data analyses for data corrections and enhancements, and for producing reports.
- Provided maintenance and support and testing to the Confidential /HIPPA Claims Processing System on a COBOL-VSAM-CICS/Mainframe z/OS environment.
Environment: z/OS, COBOL, CICS, Assembler, DB2, VSAM, Easytrieve Plus, Confidential Debug
- Provided maintenance and support to the Marketing System (back-end) on a COBOL-DB2/Mainframe z/OS environment.
- Provided maintenance and support to do data cleansing coming in from different vendors for loading to the Marketing Data Warehouse on the DB2-Mainframe environment.
- Processed Rented Lists from different vendors.
- Provided data feed to Siebel CRM Data Warehouse on Oracle DB.
- Coordinate with Siebel to make sure Mainframe DW and Siebel DW are in sync.
- Researched data issues or questions for Marketing Campaigns produced by the Siebel DW.
- Use FTP/SFTP to pick up and deliver files to Confidential ’s FTP Servers and different Vendor’s FTP Servers.
- Use Windows and UNIX Scripting language to process cross-platform files including the FTPs and SFTPs.
Environment: z/OS, COBOL, DB2, CA7, Windows, TIDAL
- Provided maintenance and support to the Confidential /HIPPA Claims Processing System on a COBOL-Assembler-VSAM/Mainframe z/OS environment.
- Provided testing to production fixes for Erroneous Payment Correction (EPC) Sub-System.
Environment: z/OS, COBOL, Assembler, VSAM
- Authored business and technical requirements documents.
- Researched and documented, based on in depth data, process and program analyses, for the conversion to .NET/SQL Server.
- Analyses for the purpose of capturing business and technical rules from COBOL and Assembler programs.
- Compare DB2 and SQL Server data during conversion and analyze and document differences with the attempt to explain as to why there are discrepancies.
- Provided maintenance and support to the Title Insurance system on a COBOL-DB2-CICS/Mainframe z/OS environment.
- Extracted, Transformed and Loaded data (data cleansing) using various tools including SPUFI, DFSort, Dyl280, Textpad, Microsoft Excel, and MS Access.
- Provided database corrections based on many different factors including raw data from vendors to the original transformation process that was used.
- Created SQL on DB2 Version 9.1 and generate statistics of the production database for the support team.
- Provided reports to client companies and internal clients for all regions.
Environment: z/OS, COBOL, Assembler, DB2, VSAM, CICS, C#, .NET, SQL Server, IEF
- Gathered business requirements and define use cases.
- Determined required processes gathered from different dealerships.
- In depth business requirements and data analyses to determine required processes.
- Authored business and technical requirements documents.
- In depth data analyses using MySQL and MS Access.
- Lead the QA efforts from unit testing to system testing, from integration testing to regression testing, and from volume testing to stress testing, and all the way to UAT.
- Created and executed test scripts.
- Developed training materials and delivered training to users (dealers).
- Project management - Coordinated and managed development projects of Confidential .com and all its sub-systems on LAMP (Linux, Apache, Mysql, PHP), CodeIgniter, and jQuery environment while working with onshore and offshore development team.
- Project management - Coordinate and lead development projects on Warranty System and Special Projects. It entails multi-platform applications using COBOL, DB2, IMS, CICS, Easytrieve, z/OS, Panvalet, CA-11, SQL Server, Java/J2EE, .NET, C#, Visual Studio.Net, ASP.NET.
- Maintenance/Enhancements of some Parts applications.
- Gathered business requirements. This entails setting up meetings with clients (stake holders and help desk department) while keeping constant communication via email correspondence and by phone.
- Authored business and technical documents and created executive summaries for clients in a timely manner for approval prior to beginning work.
- Provided enhancements and support to the Warranty System through research and in depth analyses of data and processes.
- Enhancements made to the Warranty System and Marketing System created journal entries for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and General Ledger.
- Reverse engineer several modules of the Warranty System to find alternative solutions to problems.
- Gathered business and technical requirements, designed, developed, tested and implemented the Program Allowance sub-system. Lead the QA team which entails creating Test Plan and Scripts and having daily meetings for defect tracking and solutions reporting.
- Used the (J) SOX compliance with Capability Maturity Method Integration (CMMI) Level 5 methodology in all development and enhancement.
- Lead development efforts and managed projects in cross-platform environments using data from the mainframe to MS Access database and SQL Server data mart. The application was written in Visual Basic 6, and VB Scripts to generate and deliver different reports to vendors, third party service providers, and principals, which included dealership all over the US and Japan corporate office.
- Took over a project for monitoring and controlling after the initial implementation. Coordinate changes in the mainframe and the MS server while also feeding and utilizing the data warehouse (SQL Server) - the MS server application was written in C# and .NET.
- Looked over FTP issues and processes while coordinating efforts to successfully transfer files to and from vendors and partners.
Environment: COBOL, DB2, IMS, CICS, Easytrieve, z/OS, Panvalet, CA-11
- Lead a team in the development of 1.X initiative which provided exposure to RAD and initial study of RUP.
- Facilitated JAD sessions and worked with (PMO) Project Managers in project planning and identifying project milestones, deliverables and resource requirements; tracks activities and task execution; providing technical direction and support to the project manager.
- Collected and authored business requirements for SIC/NAICS and Clean Name sub-systems as part of ETL.
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented the SIC/NAICS sub-system as part of the 1.X initiative while leading a team in the development of other sub-systems. Creation and extraction for updates of Data Definition Language statements (DDLs).
- Supported BIS Marketing clients such as Citi, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo, among others, in providing B2B marketing information.
- Provided continued support to the BIS Search and Match Engine with some exposure to SAS.
- Provided data feeds to BIS CRM system.
- Participated in the development and implementation of BIS Search and Match Engine as part of the Barracuda Project creating a data warehouse including data modeling and data cleansing. Utilized Data Stage for ETL, Quality Stage and Shell Scripting in the project while still doing development work and enhancements on the mainframe. Participated and contributed to the collection and authoring of the BIS Search and Match business requirements while reviewing the current process. Participated and contributed to the database design for data warehouse. Worked with on-shore and off-shore consultants from India.
- Continued use of Secured FTP.
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented the Clean Name sub-system to improve hit rate and increase revenue.
- Designed, developed, tested and implemented applications of credit custom segments on C/COBOL/MVS/DB2/CICS Web/Java/XML environment - Before the term “CICS Web Services” was coined.
- Participated in the development and implementation of Find Business and Find Consumer search and match engines leading to the creation and maintenance of CRM system, in a C-COBOL-MVS-DB2 batch and some online on a CICS-DB2 environment. Converted and implemented Batch Find Consumer (BFC) Extract System for Linkage Technology, a result of government mandate, in Assembler-MVS-DB2 environment. Participated in the development, prototyping and implementation of National Fraud Database, Fraud Detection and Access Point Services, a delivery mechanism that provides access to different company products including Credit Reporting, Employment and Income Verification, National Fraud Database and Detect (Fraud). Coded in C on MVS-CICS-DB2 environment. Used FTP to download files/programs to PC/Servers/Other platforms. Utilized SPUFI, QMF, EasyTrieve Plus, Startool and File Aid to generate test cases and perform unit, event, performance, volume, regression, integration and User Acceptance (UAT) testing while using Intertest. Also participated in development of other batch applications providing custom segment credit information to customers. Coded in C on MVS/DB2 environment. Used CONTROL-M to view production jobs. Participated and contributed to the collection and authoring of the Find Business Search & Match business and technical requirements.
- Primary responsibilities included the Development of the Benefit Carrier Interface based on TESSERACT and Y2K requirements on a COBOL-CICS-DB2 environment.
- Used TESSERACT’s Batch Data Loader.
- Design considerations included creating TESSERACT Dynamic Maps, User Exits and defining new User Tables on a CICS-DB2 environment.
- Other responsibilities included gathering business requirements, analysis, design and development of Reporting Systems, Program and Data Analysis for the HR and Payroll interface to D&B.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Primary responsibilities included reviewing company policy in conjunction with Texas State Law regarding employee benefits; Analyses, finding solutions and solving accrual issues on personal, sick, and vacation leaves; Maintained HRIS Data Base; Setup new users and granted/revoked access to the system; Created reports, maintained table entries, and modified several processes and programs including some TESSERACT User Exits; Performed data entry and provided training to Managers and Analysts; Participated as a key decision-maker in the business planning process related to Human Resources and ensured that people-related issues were integrated into the design, development and implementation of key business issues, goals and strategies; Utilized SPUFI/DB2, ODBC, Crystal Report/Oracle DB shadow processing, MS Access and Excel Spreadsheets to generate reports and perform data analyses; Generated reports for the VP, HR Director, and Consultants/Generalists including Employee Statistics, Salary, Benefits, Retirement and EEO. Provided Reports to the acquiring company (Sierra Health) and data conversion of HR/Benefits/Payroll to Oracle system.
- Other responsibilities included making formal and informal recommendations to the Executive Vice President of Human Resources regarding how to approach and resolve processing issues and how some business practices can be tailored resulting to savings in terms of time and money. This entailed the collection of business and processing requirements. Involved in the evaluation of several products for the next HR/Payroll/Benefits/Accounting vendor/package including Ceridian and ADP Enterprise/PeopleSoft.