Senior Programmer / Analyst Resume
New York, NY
Recognized for solving problems by leveraging extensive background in financial application development. Skilled at coordinating and managing partnered resources to successfully drive projects through all development milestones. Proficient writing comprehensive test plans, designing procedures, and executing system tests.
- Optimizing Workflow
- Complex Assignments
- D ata Architecture Design
- Technology Planning
Languages: COBOL II, COBOL LE, CICS, DB2, JCL, Websphere MQ, Stored Procedures, VSAM, Java
Platforms: zOS/TSO/ISPF, Linux, Windows
Other Databases: IDMS, SQL Server, Oracle, DB2 SYSIBM Catalog Tables
Tools: MVS Utilities, File Aid, QMF, SPUFI, AQT, Xpediter, IBM Debugger, Intertest, Omegamon XE, CA Detector, CA RC/Query for DB2 for z/OS, Syncsort, HP Quick Test Pro (QTP), HP Quality Center, JUnit, Control-M, JIRA, PVCS, Eclipse, Serena Changeman, IBM Connect:Direct
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, OOAD
Confidential, New York, NY
Senior Programmer / Analyst
- Participating as part of a development team, provide support and technical expertise to existing legacy retirement system.
- Responsible for creating functional specifications from business requirements. Code is comprised of COBOL, CICS, VSAM, JCL, and DB2.
Confidential, Harrison, NY
Senior Programmer / Analyst
- Translated on-line and batch legacy application code, storage and database structures into specifications during design and building phases of conversion project. Legacy code was comprised of COBOL, CICS, Stored Procedures, Websphere MQ, VSAM, JCL, and DB2.
- Developed architectural components in support of business requirements and standards for application development of company conversion from mainframe based system to a Web based Java application, resulting in methodology that allowed developer groups to work on components separately and concurrently, saving development time and expense.
- Participated in data architecture design, technology planning, implementing and testing for applications development (AD) initiatives, setting department standards for all developed projects; conversion project was developed completely in-house thus saving expense of hiring outside consulting expertise.
- Increased accuracy rate of processed financial transactions on day they were requested, reducing corporate business costs and need to reprocess financial transactions, meeting and virtually eliminating profit and loss, increasing productivity significantly.
- Provided input to applications development project plans and integrations, collaborating with teams and supporting emerging technologies, ensuring effective communication and achievement of objectives.
- Improved usability by collaborating with design of storage structures derived from mainframe, and normalization of database tables for new system.
- Conveyed subject matter expertise combining business needs with technical design to developer groups, leading to greater unit productivity. Analyzed product requirements and translated into detailed system functionality by working with internal organizations and / or clients.
- Developed company standard for developing regression test plans and procedures for financial transactions, establishing tests providing baseline using comparison for each system deployment.
- Provided technical expertise identifying points for implementing enterprise messaging systems, including message queues, allowing for asynchronous transmission of data throughout financial system employing Websphere MQ Series.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes