- Overall 8 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on DevOps, Build and Release management involving extensive work towards code compilation, packaging, building, debugging, automating, managing, tuning and deploying code over Amazon Web Services.
- Experienced in designing AWS and Azure cloud models for Infrastructure - as - a-Service (IaaS) , Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Highly experienced in AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, and R53, Lambda, Keypairs, SQS.
- Setting up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3 bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket
- Experienced in setting up Amazon EC2 instances, virtual private cloud (VPC’S) and security groups
- Installed, configured and maintained DNS systems using BIND, Route53 (AWS), Powering.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes , which include compiling , packaging , deploying and Application configurations .
- Strong base knowledge on Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) . In depth knowledge about Agile , Waterfall and Scrum methodologies. And developed an ability of choosing best methodology depending on projects nature.
- Experience in branching, tagging, releasing and maintaining the versions across the environments using version control systems like GIT, GITHUB, SVN on Linux and Windows platforms.
- Experienced in working with continuous integration technologies Hudson and Jenkins. Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines
- Expertise in using builds tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as war & ear from source code. Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Puppet & Chef .
- Hands on experience with Ansible to automate deployment process , configuration management and infrastructure.
- Experience in setting up and maintaining auto-scaling AWS stacks using cloud formation templates(CFT) .
- Experienced in working with VM Ware and installing Dockers using Docker tool box.
- Experience in implementing Docker for wrapping up the final code and setting up development and testing environment using Docker Hub , Docker swarm and Docker container Network
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Experience with Linux/UNIX environments and scripting for Build & Release automation.
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson and Jenkins for automated builds.
- Configured and Administered Nexus Repository Manager and Jfrog Artifactory.
- Experience in integrating JIRA with CI/CD pipeline as defect tracking system and configured workflows to automate deployment and issue tracking.
- Experience in using Docker , Kubernetes and clustering frameworks.
- Created and wrote shell scripts ( Bash ), Ruby , Python , and Power Shell for automating tasks.
- Expertise in configuration management and automation using the industry-leading tools such as Ansible , Chef , and Puppet .
- Managed and dealt with system performance and monitoring tools like Nagios.
- Hands-on experience in using AWS - Cloud Watch and created alerts for instances.
- Used AWS IAM to create and maintain user accounts, profiles, network security and security groups.
- Created Linux Virtual Machines using VMware Virtual Centre (ESXI), hypervisor-v, PHP Virtual Box
- Worked on Performance , Log Monitoring Issues , Role Mapping , Dashboard Creation , Data models , using Splunk.
- Knowledge of using various routed protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Connect direct.
- Experience in Firewall management, hardening OS security, scheduling job using Cron and strong understanding of advance TCP/IP, UDP, IPv4, IPv4 sub netting, IPv6 .
- Experience in Deploying to and administering in the use of Jboss, Apache Tomcat Web Server, Weblogic, Websphere
- Documented release, builds and source control processes and plans for J2EE applications.
- Worked with multiple teams like Development, QA, DB and middleware administrators in automating various tasks
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building , deploying and in production support.
Operating Systems: Linux (Red Hat 4/5/6/7, CENTOS & SUSE), Solaris 11/10/9/8, HP-UX 11.0, 11.11, 11.23, 11.31, HPUX11i V1, V2 & V3, Ubuntu 12/13/14, Windows NT /2000/2003, DEBIAN.
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, CVS, NT, Perforce, Stash, Team Foundation Server, IBM Clear case
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Sonar, Remedy, HP Quality Center
Cloud Technologies: AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, ELB, IAM, R53,ASG), MS Azure, OpenStack
Application Servers: Web Logic Application server 9.x, 10.x, Apache Tomcat 5.x/7.x, Red Hat JBoss 4.22. GA Web Sphere 6.x/7.x/8.x
Database: Oracle 9i/10g,11g,12c SQL SERVER, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Sybase, Cassandra
Networking/Protocol: DNS, DHCP, CISCO Routers/Switches, Palo alto, WAN, TCP/IP, NIS, NFS, SMTP, LAN, FTP/TFTP, Juniper, Cisco
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, AnthillPro, BuildForge, uBuild,TeamCity
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker and Splunk, Vagrant, Terraform
Scripting Languages: Perl, Python, Ruby, Bourne, NodeJ, Bash shell, Power shell scripting
Web Servers: Tomcat, APACHE 2.x, 3.x, JBOSS 4.x/5.x, Web Logic (8/9/10), Web Sphere4.0/5.0
Build Tools: Maven, Ant, Gradle, MSBuild
Virtualization Technologies: VMWare ESXi, Windows Hyper-V, Power VM, Virtual box, Citrix Xen
Volume Manager: VERITAS volume manager, LVM with Linux
Monitoring, Alerting: Nagios, Keynote, SPLUNK, Log Stash .
Confidential,St. Louis, MO
AWS Cloud Engineer/Sr. DevOps EngineerResponsibilities:
- Technical leader to align processes and tools, such as branching , source control structure , dependency management , Linux \ Windows hybrid build infrastructure , code review , and check - in policies , that are developed and instrumented by DevOps teams across projects globally.
- Migrated and automated cloud deployments using API's, chef, python (boto & fabric) and AWS Cloud formation templates.
- Used Terraform in AWS Virtual Private Cloud to automatically setup and modify settings by interfacing with control layer.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI's to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Used Git & Subversion(SVN)as source code repositories, managed for branching, merging, and tagging the files.
- Worked on Cloud formation to create cloud watch metric filters and alarms for monitoring and notifying the occurrence of cloud trail events.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, Route 53, Elasticsearch, Cloud front, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances using API's.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances & Created multi AZ VPC instances
- Experienced in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Maven.
- Deployed and scaled java web applications on to Apache servers using Elastic Beanstalk.
- Involved in setting up and operating AWS Relational database service(RDS) & Nosql Database Dynamo DB(DDB) services.
- Performs quality control audits to ensure accuracy, completeness, and proper usage of data in tables and various support tools, such as database dictionaries.
- Administered Linux servers for several functions including managing Apache/Tomcat server, mail server, and MySQL databases in both development and production.
- Made extensive use of Chef, Bamboo, Github and ansible to manage build / deploy tasks, including Continuous Integration.
- Configured Jenkins to create docker image for build and performed tests on a docker container.
- Installed Red hat Linux (RHEL) using Kickstart and applied security patches for hardening the server based on the company's policies.
- Expertise in terraform for multi cloud deployment using single configuration.
- Extensively used chef & Ruby and ansible for Continuous Deployment.
- Worked on AWS lambda for deploying application with zero downtime in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for pipeline.
- Good Experience in dynamo database and Cassandra database for decentralization and replication.
- Worked closely with development team and Quality Assurance team for product releases.
- Automated the contiguous process writing code using shell, Bash, python scripting languages
- Extensively used jira for work flow visualization.
- Used Ansible to manage web applications, configure files, database, users, mount points and packages.
- Contributed to decreasing need for downtime by developing and improving procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Worked on Monitoring systems Nagios and Splunk and repositories nexus and artifactory.
ENVIRONMENT: Jenkins, Cloud formation, Confluence, RHEL, Cloud watch, Chef, Docker, RDS, JIRA, DDB, Apache Tomcat, Maven, Nexus, EC2, Artifactory, Git, Aws Lambda, Elasticsearch, Ruby, Ansible, shell/perl, API Gateway, Amazon VPC, Json, RDBMS oracle, Mysql, Bash, bitbucket, sonar qube, Python, Pom.Xml, Linux, Windows.
DevOps/Build Release EngineerResponsibilities:
- Worked with the fast pace of Agile Development team building software systems.
- Coordinated with Architects, Systems, Network, Software & QA Engineers, to continuously improve the reliability and efficiency of Build and Deployment processes to support every phase of development including production releases.
- Responsible in understanding of the interdependencies and structure of systems and implement this knowledge to improve the build and release processes which allow rapidly evolving product offerings.
- Improved continuous integration environment, monitored builds, maintained configuration & automated processes.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, or custom-built. Designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Handled the development of reporting metrics and to provide reports to Management on different levels of statistics.
- Worked on requests for adhoc deployment supporting multiple environments.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Ansible.
- Configured project dependencies in maven file to use reusable artifacts from Artifactory.
- Configured Red Hat Kick start for installing multiple production servers.
- Managed Code Repository by administering database baseline, improved practices of branching and code merge.
- Used ANT & MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to build and move from one environment to other.
- Used shell scripts to automate build & release process; managed Maven project dependencies.
- Built & deployed Java/J2EE to WebApp Server in Agile continuous integration environment and automated process
- Integrated JIRA with Stash and created automated release notes using Perl scripts.
- Used JIRA to track bug issues and change management.
- By using JIRA/CONFLUENCE we maintain our product release wikis on confluence. And administer JIRA and manage tickets raised by keeping a close eye.
- Performed periodic customer releases through Git pushes to shared, private and public servers. We use cron tabs, automated scripts to do continuous delivery and continuous deployment
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS.
ENVIRONMENT: Subversion, GIT, SCRUM, Java/J2EE, Jenkins, AWS, Puppet, Ansible, Maven, Nagios, Artifactory, VMware, JIRA, Stash, Linux, Apache, Bash, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.
Build and Release EngineerResponsibilities:
- Migrated all the source code from subversion to GIT.
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy, develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Configuring Jenkins for developers to bounce the application container, to get the application, container, and access logs by using ANT scripts.
- Used the continuous integration tool Hudson to automate the daily processes.
- Migrating J2EE applications to UNIX and Windows environments by configuring application via IDE Eclipse, Subversion, and Jenkins.
- Integrated automated build in Jenkins.
- Update Maven scripts to use Artifactory repo instead of local repositories.
- Managing GIT version control system in creating branches , tags , merge , resolving conflicts .
- Created Shell scripts using Python and PHP for test automation.
- Working closely with Web Administrators to understand, participate, and experience the technical architect for web sites such as Apache, Jboss, Web Logic and deploying J2EE Applications to these environments.
- Driven forces for implementing Jira and Confluence for ticket and issue tracking, Chef to aid with our deployment process, and migrating in-house systems to Virtual servers and cloud services.
- For applications that are developed in a regular pace, builds and deployments were as per request.
- Develop and maintain ANT (build.xml) and Maven (pom.xml) scripts.
- Automated the weekly deployments utilizing CI tool Jenkins.
- Upgraded and Migrated to Jira from Clear Quest for bug tracking and project tracking.
- JIRA: Administrated, maintained documentation and provided training to the users
- Created Web Hooks which triggers builds in Jenkins for the legacy products.
- Developed & improved build communication, documenting build processes & procedures.
- Deploy production packages to web servers and application servers according to business needs.
ENVIRONMENT: Subversion, Hudson/Jenkins, Ant, Maven, GIT, Chef, Accurev, Apache Tomcat, Web sphere, Java, Spring MVC, JSF, Struts, Python, PHP.
- Involved in identifying build errors in the system and identify the build issue and escalate it to the concerned team after careful analysis. Work and coordinate with them to get the fix in the release.
- Worked on Continuous Integration System i.e. Jenkins. Used Jenkins for official nightly build, test and managing change list. Installed Multiple Plugins for smooth build and release build pipelines.
- Migrated out core repository from CVS NT to SUBVERSION. In this process I was involved in individually migrating the entire code base from CVS NT to subversion ensuring that health of our builds isn’t affected. Performed high level merges of branches, code bases.
- Maintained Maven/Ant and streamlined the entire build system. And managed build and release infrastructure, optimized build scripts and introduced a better way of releasing RPMs with effective tracking.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Python and shell.
- Involved in administrating continuous Integration system like Jenkins and handled escalations from developers across the globe.
- Modified ANT scripts to build the JAR’s, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB’s for Java applications and MS builds for all .Net applications. Enhanced Maven pom.xml with additional plugins for robust builds.
- Building & configuring Red hat Linux systems over the network, implementing automated tasks through crontab, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Create and maintain nightly builds, hot fix builds/branches, custom and private builds.
- Used knowledge of .NET to Implement and maintained branching and build/release strategies for .NET applications utilizing TFS. Co-ordinate with offshore team in completing delivery and helping them out in TFS related issues
- Designed, developed, enhanced and maintained Web based UI for monitoring purposes and scripted reporting tools (in PHP &BASH) for verifying the build logs for frequently observed build and test issues.
- Key member of the build team that works on how to reduce build time. We used cache to reduce compilation time and redundancies.
- Active participant in software configuration and change management processes to improve build accuracy, time, version controlling, and migration of code onto different build environments.
ENVIRONMENT: CVS NT, SVN, TFS, Jenkins, Maven, Bash, Sonar, ANT, Apache Tomcat, Shell and python.
- Installed, Configured and administrated of all UNIX/LINUX servers, includes the design and selection of relevant hardware to Support the installation/upgrades of Red Hat (5/6), CentOS 5/6, Ubuntu operating systems.
- Developed Cookbooks, Recipes, Resources and Run lists using chef and Ruby.
- Responsible for managing the Chef client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation
- Used Agile/scrum Environment and used Jenkins, GitHub for Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Used pearl, Python and Ruby as scripting language to automate the tasks.
- Used chef to configure/install web servers, database servers.
- Configured Red Hat Cluster Nodes for any legacy applications and verified the daily health check on the Cluster Nodes.
- Creating and modifying the manifest as per the requirement on puppet.
- Configured and Administered Apache, VSFTPD services, MYSQL and Tomcat.
- Participating in 24x7 production on-call support of Linux and provided technical support to users.
- Configured various alerts, captured support logs and configured resource pools utilizing Cisco UCS Manager.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for Redhat LINUX using kickstart.
- Expertise in security hardening (iptables/selinux) major Production Servers, and compiling, building and installing web server based Linux tools.
- Experience in performing, uploading and upgrading new firmware on the Interconnects and Chassis.
- Implement and maintain internal systems key to DevOps operations such as database servers, continuous integration, and QA/Test servers
- Expertise in creating VM Templates, cloning and managing Snapshots.
- Troubleshooting performance or configuration issues with MySQL and Oracle.
- Expertise in hardening, Linux Server and Compiling, Building and installing Apache Server from sources with minimum modules.
- Monitoring and troubleshoot backups and schedule Cron jobs.
- Worked on configuring NIS, NFS, DNS, DHCP, FTP, FSTP, Telnet and RAID levels.
- Experience in scripting using BASH & PERL, Mail Server, Samba Server, Apache Server.
- Experience in database replication using OCFS2 file system with oracle 10g and 11g database
- Experience in deploying several sets of Linux guest builds from VMware templates using PowerCLIas well as Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Resolving assigned remedy tickets and remedy tools in Development/QA/Staging/Production.
- Patch management of servers and maintaining server’s environment in Development/ QA staging/ Production
ENVIRONMENT: RHEL 4.x/5/6, Solaris 9,10&11, HPUX, Centos, SUSE 10, 11, VERITAS Volume Manager 3.x/ 4.x, VERITAS Storage Foundation 5, Redhat Cluster, VERITAS Cluster Server 4.1, Tripwire, NFS, DNS, SAN/NAS, Puppet, Chef, Splunk