To build a career in the field of computer science with emphasis on web application development through java and data analysis where I could prove my programming and program solving Skills and use them to improve my analytical skills as well as work to meet goals of my company.
- 6+ years of IT experience in the areas of DevOps, Continuous Integration, Build Automation, Deployments, UNIX/LINUX, Jenkins, Git, Chef, BAMBOO, AWS Cloud Computing and Websphere.
- Detailed technical knowledge and hands - on experience of DevOps, Automation, Build Engineering and Configuration Management.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of fully automated Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment pipelines and DevOps processes for Agile projects across the Financial, Broadcast, Media and Health sectors.
- Developed procedures to unify, streamline and automate application development and deployment procedures with NEXUS integrated with BAMBOO.
- Used Docker Container and NEXUS to package the applications and deploy them on the web logic and Websphere Application server.
- Involved in generating the checksum(MD5checksum) report and release notes with NEXUS and Bamboo.
- Involved in maintaining Artifactory Server for managing code artifacts like jars, wars, ear files.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using chef. Defined Chef Server and workstation to manage and configure servers (add custom properties to the CELL, NODE, application servers and JDBC providers).
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to install and configure IBM WEBSPHERE.
- Experience using WebLogic, WebSphere, web servers for deployments and monitor application server.
- Handled environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Experienced with Interpreted Languages including Perl, Python and Jython/Jacl .
- Experience in configuring SPLUNK and ZABBIX for monitoring.
- Well experienced in creating the index and dashboards to SPLUNK and generating daily reports for application and servers.
- Experience in installing and Opcon scheduler to schedule the Batch activities.
- Understands Compiled languages including C, C++, C# and JAVA.
- Good working knowledge on COBOL and Mainframes.
- Strong use of Shell scripting languages including BASH for Linux and Mac platforms and PowerShell for Windows systems
- Facility with development methodologies including Agile
- Excellent configuration management using Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience in all stages of software development cycle thorough with software methodologies like Waterfall, RUP, Scrum and Agile.
- Excellent communications skills, configuration skills and technical documentation skills.
Build Tools: ATLASSIAN BAMBOO, NEXUS, Docker, Makefile, Jenkins, udeploy
Cloud Computing: AWS EC2,S3,RDS
Version Tools: CVS, Subversion, Git, Tortoise SVN, GitHub
Scripting: Shell, BASH, Python, Perl, Ruby, JSON, Jython/jacl
Programming Languages: C, SQL, Core Java /J2EE, SAS
Frameworks: Spring MVC, Hibernate ORM, EJB 3.0
Design Patterns: Front Controller, Singleton and Fa ade
Design and IDE Tools: Eclipse, Visual Studio, Android Studio, Rational Rose
Operating Systems: WINDOWS 7//8VISTA, UNIX/LINUX
Configuration Management: Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Gradle
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, HP QC, Autosys
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, Servlets, JDBC, JSP
Web/App server: TC server, Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS
Database: Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL
Operating System: Windows, Unix, Redhat, Linux(RHEL)
Methodologies: SDLC Agile/Scrum, Waterfall
Other Tools: Splunk, Maven and SOAPUI and POSTMAN
DevOps and Middleware EngineerResponsibilities:
- Highly motivated and committed Cloud and DevOps Engineer experienced in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS cloud environment and Data centers.
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude of applications utilizing almost all the AWS cloud formation templates to create custom-sized VPC, subnets, EC2 instances, ELB, security groups. Worked on tagging standard for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS Services like Cloud Front, cloud watch, RDS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, Cloud Trail .
- Experience on AWS cloud services like EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, EBS, VPC, Route53, Auto scaling groups, Cloud watch, Cloud Front, IAM for installing configuring and troubleshooting on various Amazon images for server migration from physical into cloud.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS .
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Design, install, administer, and optimize hybrid cloud components to ensure business continuity (i.e. Azure AD, ADFS, SSO & VPN Gateways.).
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in Amazon AWS cloud configuration and gain familiarity with surrounding technologies such as Mesos (Mesosphere) and Kubernetes .
- Created private cloud using Kubernetes that supports DEV, TEST, and PROD environments.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Experience in managing CHEF recipes using Ruby to automate the Installation and configuration WEBSPHERE (developed WSadmin Scrpits for creating new application (CLUSTERED), add JDBC provider with Data sources and JAAS J2C authentication etc) and also automated the MQservice and Mirthconnect (which convert the HL7 to XML). Used, which provides an easy-to-use dashboard and role based access control, so that it's easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Used Bamboo and pipelines to drive all microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes ( Kubecfg ), Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes ( Kubecfg ).
- Experienced in Troubleshooting Linux Systems identifying Hardware, software (both OS and Application level), and networking Issues
- Experience with AWS instances spanning across Dev, Test and Pre-production and Cloud Automation through Open Source DevOps tools like Chef, BAMBOO & Docker .
- Working on variety of Unix platforms RHEL 5.x/6.x/7 , which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications for prod/stage/dev environments.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Virtual Machines, VMware ESXi 5.0/5.5 Host Server, vSphere Suite with P2P and P2V.
- Created and maintained several Build definitions and publish profiles to handle automated builds in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Support concurrent development process with standard Branching and Merge of application source code.
- Completed set up of CD environment with focus on ATLASSIAN BAMBOO (plans with dependencies).
- Set up BAMBOO (BUILD and Deployment) server along with automated scripts to back up the server and restore from backup for Disaster recovery.
- Configured NEXUS for BUILD and Deployment which also provide the release notes with checksum (MD5checksum) report.
- Configured SPLUNK, created dashboards for monitoring the servers and created indexes to view the application logs.
- Configured Zabbix to monitor the performance of the servers and automated to produce the daily server performance reports.
- Configured Imagenow to preview and print the notices to the USERS.
- Configured Opcon scheduler to schedule the batch activities.
- Moved several web services and related applications to BAMBOO and maintained them across 5 environments Dev, QA, UAT, PreProd and Production.
Environment: AWS, WebSphere, Atlassian BAMBOO, NEXUS, ANT, PERL scripts, Shell Scripts, Jython, RUBY, RHEL, COLAB Subversion (SVN), GITHUB, Harvest, JIRA, SPLUNK, ZABBIX, OPCON SCHEDULER, IMAGENOW, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, EAR, WAR and BAR files, JIIRA.
- Install and configure Jenkins from level 0 on AWS migrated jobs from old Jenkins server to the new server authenticated Jenkins to use GitHub credentials created a mechanism to run Jenkins jobs when changes are pushed into GitHub
- Setup LDAP to create user profiles and authenticate them against Jenkins.
- Played a role of AWSIAMadmin.
- Created several S3buckets on AWS and setup environments (devl, qual, prod) with restricted access. Setup several jobs on Jenkins which can move files between S3 environments on successful completion of the preceding job.
- Administered GitHub and helped setup GitHub accounts for new employees.
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications into different environments like Dev, QA and PROD.
- Integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Installed and administered Tomcat repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- Used Nexus tool to manage the repository in Maven and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Used Gradle as a build tool automating the build and deployment loading all the dependencies from the nexus artifact repository.
- Resolved system issues and inconsistencies in coordination with quality assurance and engineering teams.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins and created END-END automation for projects.
- Carried out deployments and builds on various environments using Jenkins continuous integration tool.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Experience in troubleshooting networking and firewall related issues on different flavors of Linux .
- Implemented monitoring solutions with Splunk, HP Sitescope, and Zabbix.
- Experience with Configuration Management and Desired State (Chef, Puppet, Ansible).
- Used the Application Server Admin (JBOSS/ Tomcat) to Manage the systems remotely using Puppet and using Linux.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell Scripts ( Perl, Python ) for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, Server reboots etc.
- Configured Linux Kickstart on multiple servers for network installation and Perform regular installation of patches using RPM and YUM .
- Implemented the alert setup system for system/application performance using the Splunk and Sitescope integration.
- Designed and developed a configuration management database using Python and MySQL to maintain and audit the everyday configuration changes.
Environment: Jenkins, Tomcat, Apache, Drupal, Puppet, Chef, Maven, Git, SVN, Ansible, IBM WebSphere Application Server ND 7.1.x/6.1.x, Rundeck, HPOO, HP Sitescope, Splunk, Zabbix and Open SUSE Linux.
- Automate infrastructure in AWS using amazon on web services. Deploy puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2 instances, volumes, DNS, and S3.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs.
- Configuration Automation using Puppet and Docker Containers.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Created continuous integration system using SVN, Ant, Jenkins, Puppet full automation
- Integrated Build Process through Jenkins to various SCM tools like GitHub.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Implemented SCM tools i.e. GIT, Stash Repositories, Source tree, views, and the access control strategies.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using Ansible.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) using Jenkins and Puppet.
- Build application and database servers using AWS EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Oracle DB. Written shell scripts for automating logs backup and archiving.
- Used Puppet for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, and Ansible scripts.
- Developed build and deployments scripts using ANT, Maven and Gradle as a build tools.
- Manage VMware Infrastructure clusters on Production Test/Development environments.
- Experience working with VMWare tools to manage VM's running on ESX cluster nodes
- Provide responsive off-hours support in a 24 / 7 environment and ensure maximum availability of all servers and applications.
- Provide and maintain support for Internet/Intranet application environments, including application deployment, DNS, Apache and Tomcat configuration, load balancer configuration, troubleshooting, and failure analysis
Environment: Java/J2ee, Amazon EC2, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Jenkins, Docker, GitHub, SVN, Puppet, Apache, Nginx, Python, Ruby, Unix Shell Scripts, Jira, VMWare, Oracle DB
Build and Release EngineerResponsibilities:
- Build and Release Java Applications to DEV, Test, Pre-Prod and Prod Environments.
- Provided the development, testing, staging and production environments to the new J2EE application development and implementation.
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nexus, SVN, Blade logic and WebSphere.
- Installed, configured, administered and supported WebSphere Application Server 6.0/6.1/7.0 on LINUX environment.
- Promoted and developed SCM practices and IBM Rational Toolset utilization procedures that supported the re-use and collaborative development of project artifacts.
- Expertise in JVM builds and deploying applications on the application server.
- Installed and Configured WAS with IBM Http Server 6.0/6.1/7.0 Webservers.
- Installed and Configured WebSphere Application server with LDAP security.
- Involved in configuring the WebSphere load balancing utilizing WebSphere Workload Management including horizontal scaling and vertical scaling.
- Involved in trouble shooting and performance tuning using Resource Analyzer and Log Analyzer.
- Troubleshooting the software problems, and interacted with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
- Provided call center support by 24x7 shift rotation basis and monitored trouble ticket queues to attend user and system calls.
- Provided recommendations on environment standards, product leveling, performance tuning, new project consulting, and recommend-broadened usage of WebSphere functionality.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application server 6.0/6.1/7.0, Apache 5.5, IBM Http server 6.0/6.1/7.0, RHEL 5.6, DB2, Oracle, Windows, LDAP, HTML, Java Script, XML, JSP, Servlets.