- 8 years of experience in IT industry with major focus on AWS Cloud Infrastructure, Infrastructure Automation, Configuration & Release Management, DevOps Concepts and Development using Java.
- Certified AWS Developerwith in - depthunderstandingof AWS cloud-specifictechnologiesincluding EC2, S3, Auto Scaling, Route 53, ElasticIPs, Virtual Private Cloud(VPC), AMI, CloudFormationTemplates, RDS, ElasticBlockStorage, OpsWorks, ElasticLoadBalancing, Security Groups, SNS, SQS andCloudWatch.
- Experience in containerization tool Docker, creating custom images using Dockerfile.
- Worked with various Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Leading app delivery teams in adopting several continuous delivery services like App Release Automation, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Service Stack Management, Artifact Management and a Private Cloud.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy, load balance, scale and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions.
- Proficient in branching, Merging, Labeling/Tagging, Integrating and maintaining strategies to version control across the environments using SCM tools like SVN, GIT, ClearCase.
- Expertise in writing build scripts build.xml, pom.xml in Apache Ant, Apache Maven and Gradle managing dependencies and build.
- Implemented SonarQube to analyze code quality metrics.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation of Build and deployments.
- Experience in using Nexus, NuGet as Artifactory Repository for Maven and Ant builds.
- Configured Chef repo, Chef work stations and Chef nodes.
- Worked with Chef Cookbooks, Chef Recipes, Chef attributes, Chef templates and Ohai.
- Experience in setting up puppet master, puppet agents for managing enterprise policies, configurations.
- Created Ansible Playbooks to provision Tomcat servers and Nginx.
- Expert in deploying the code through application servers like Apache Tomcat, Nginx, WebSphere and JBOSS.
- Thorough understanding on usage of monitoring and management tools like Nagios, Splunk.
- Experience writing Python, Shell and Perl scripts to automate the deployments.
- Proficient in working with Tracking Tools JIRA, Remedy and Clear Quest.
- Managed environments DEV, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Knowledge of databases like DynamoDB, MongoDB, MSSQL, MySQL and Confidential .
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, analytical and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Configuration management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
Cloud Infrastructure: AWS.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle.
SCM Tools: CVS, Subversion, ClearCase, GIT, BitBucket.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM ClearQuest.
Programming & Scripting: Java/J2EE, XML, HTML, Shell, Python, Perl, Ruby.
Web Technologies: Java Script, Servlets.
Virtualization Tools: Docker, Vagrant, Virtualbox, VMware Workstation.
Web/App server: WebLogic, WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Nginx.
Database: PostgreSQL, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Confidential, SQL SERVER, MySQL
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, CloudWatch.
Operating System: Linux, Unix, Windows.
DevOps& Cloud Automation EngineerResponsibilities:
- Cloud &DevOps hybrid expert that has worked on cutting-edge NYC engineering solutions especially in the Fintech space, including innovation for Masterpass by Confidential .
- Advisory internal Cloud infrastructure expertise specifically in AWS.
- Advisory containerization expertise specifically in Docker offerings (Docker Compose, Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Docker Machine, Docker Swarm, Docker Trusted Registry).
- Has led or co-led four key technical engineering CI/CD initiatives utilizing both open source and enterprise Cloudbees Jenkins built on extremely specific developer/operations specifications.
- Expert in DevOps tools such as Chef, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, IBM uDeploy, SVN, GIT, SonarQube, JIRA.
- Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) experience: Leveraging Jenkins' CD pipeline capabilities.
- Expanding use of containerization including Docker to speed and ease building and testing.
- App Environment Release Automation experience: Integrating use of a custom application, Tech Orchestration via StackStorm and Command Dispatching via Salt .
- App Environment Deployment Automation experience: Evaluating a variety of topology and container based deployment orchestration tools to help effect greenfield deployment of app environments from development through production.
- Using open source tools such as Packer and Jenkins to automate generation of images in a variety of formats to support system virtualization, cloud and container platforms.
- Service Stack Configuration Management experience: Expanding use of Chef to help model, automate and sustain Confidential custom software stacks be them built out in place, via VM templates or in container images.
- App Environment Monitoring experience: Integrating use of Splunk, Dynatrace tools to monitor the logs, health of the systems.
Environments: Java/J2EE, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Chef, JBoss, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, PCF, Python, Shell Scripting.
AWS DevOps EngineerResponsibilities:
- Configured scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Created EC2 instances, configured its specifications and ran specific AMI’s on them as per requirement.
- Automated different AWS resources like EC2 Instances, S3 Buckets, Security Groups, VPC and Databases using CloudFormation Templates.
- Build application and database servers using AWS EC2 and create AMIs as well as use RDS for Confidential DB.
- Implemented cloud based deployments on Amazon EC2 using Chef Recipes and Terraform.
- Configured Elastic Beanstalk to accelerate the process of deploying the code on to webservers.
- Performed system monitoring using CloudWatch in AWS Cloud.
- Proposed and implemented branching, Merging strategy suitable for agile development in GIT.
- Connected Continuous Integration system Jenkins with GIT version control repository and continually build as the check-in's come from the developer.
- Integrated Jenkins with ANT and MAVEN to schedule automatic build and deployment of JAVA projects and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Installed and setup Chef Configuration management tool.
- Deployed Chef Dashboards to manage configuration of an existing infrastructure.
- Automated installations and configuration management using Chef Recipes and Cookbooks.
- Utilized Chef to enforce Continuous Delivery by deploying the builds to various environments like Test, QA and Production.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of Apache Tomcat and WebSphere application servers.
- Configured Docker containers using Dockerfiles for different environments.
- Developed proof-of-concepts involving containerised platform Docker and Kubernetes.
- Created Python & Shell scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes and to automate Builds and Deployments.
- Worked with JIRA to create projects, assign permissions to users and groups for the projects and created mail handlers and notification schemes for JIRA.
- Monitored the server and network infrastructure using Splunk and Nagios.
- Co-ordinated with development, test and deployment teams to ensure continuous operation of builds and test systems.
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, software versions, and changes implemented in current release.
Environment: s: Java/J2EE, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Chef, Apache Tomcat, Linux, Docker, Kubernetes, JIRA, Python, Shell Scripting.
AWS DevOps EngineerResponsibilities:
- Involved in designing and deploying multiple applications utilizing AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM, ELK) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and Autoscaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Groups in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Understanding of cloud based deployments into Amazon EC2 with Puppet.
- Involved in Setup and Configuration of Puppet Configuration Management.
- Created and updated Puppet manifests, modules, files, packages and stored in the GIT repository.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent, wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Implemented branching, labelling, and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Used Jenkins to automate everyday builds, testing and deployments in Artifactory and Tomcat servers.
- Automated periodic jobs like building projects in Jenkins using cron.
- Scheduled the Jenkins jobs to build on every GIT check-in made by a developer, also setup upstream and downstream jobs for existing Jenkins jobs based on the requirements.
- Setup automated email notifications regarding the build status, after every Jenkins build.
- Responsible for plugin management and automated backups in Jenkins.
- Configured application servers (Tomcat) to deploy the code.
- Setup and maintained Maven profiles by configuring user settings in ‘settings.xml’ file.
- Wrote the Maven POM files to build Java projects according to project structure.
- Configured ‘pom.xml’ file by adding required dependencies, plugins, and other information based on the project.
- Monitored the disk usage continuously on the build machines, and a shell script was scheduled to run as a cron job which would send an email notification when the disk usage reached a threshold.
- Developed and maintained Perl/Shell scripts for build and release tasks.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
Environment: s: CI/CD, AWS, Jira, Jenkins, Puppet, Apache Tomcat, Python, MAVEN, GIT.
- Automated Build and deployment pipeline using GIT, Maven, Jenkins and Ansible.
- Managed Configurations of multiple servers using Ansible.
- Used Ansible playbooks to setup Continuous Delivery pipeline.
- Wrote several Playbooks and created various roles for applications using Ansible and deployed the Applications/Services on the client hosts.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Python which act as backend for the Ansible scripts to be deployed in the client hosts
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT and SVN support for different projects.
- Creation of branches in GIT and SVN for parallel development process.
- Used Jenkins to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Worked with Nexus Artifactory in Creating and Configuring Repositories.
- Proficient with Shell/Perl scripts to automate Builds and deployments.
- Worked in Agile Modelled Software Development Life cycle.
- Used JIRA to track and manage issues.
- Performed user and group Administration in Linux.
- Worked on NoSQL database Cassandra and MongoDB.
- Managed and monitored the server and network infrastructure using Nagios.
- Interacted with databases team to create our own Cassandra cluster and imported all the keyspaces, usernames and passwords from the QA cluster. Environment: CI/CD, SVN, GIT, Shell, Python, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus, JIRA, Linux, Nagios, Cassandra and SonarQube.
Build and Release EngineerResponsibilities:
- Handled versioning of the source code and maintained the Subversion repositories.
- Installed and configured Jenkins to orchestrate Continuous Integration.
- Automated builds of various projects using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Created multiple windows and Linux nodes/slaves for Jenkins master to distribute the load uniformly across all nodes.
- Managed the security access of users to Jenkins CI server using matrix based technique.
- Configured Jenkins jobs to generate nightly builds by running it as a cron job, and generated change logs that include the changes occurred from build to build.
- Integrated Jenkins Continuous Integration server with version control Subversion, where Jenkins would automatically build a project when a developer checks in the code into SVN server.
- Used code review tools to verify the coding standards, and setup quality gates to allow/fail builds as per requirement.
- Created ANT ‘build.xml’, MAVEN ‘pom.xml’, and shell scripts to automate builds and deployment.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on the Apache Tomcat application server.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, ANT, MAVEN, Shell, Apache Tomcat, Java/J2EE, Linux, SQL.
- Involved in design, development, testing and implementation of the database and JAVA part of the application.
- Worked on development that included requirement analysis, designing of product modules, from-scratch implementation, unit testing, enhancements, maintenance, and customer support.
- Involved in Core Java/J2EE Design using MVC architecture.
- Used Maven for project management to maintain loose coupling between project modules.
- Designed and Implemented of RESTful (JAX-RS) Web service services.
- Used various Core Java concepts such as Multi-Threading, Exception Handling, Collection APIs to implement various features and enhancements.
- Created and injected spring services, spring controllers and DAOs to achieve dependency injection and to wire objects of business classes.
- Followed the Data Access Object (DAO) design pattern to introduce an abstraction layer between the business logic tier (Business object) and the persistent storage tier (data source)
- Created and updated tables using PL/SQL in the databases.
- Used JUnit to test persistence and service tiers.
- Used Eclipse Integrated Development Environment (IDE) in entire project development.
- Peer reviewed and managed coding standard and code quality.
- Involved in various production implementation and Application server clustering implementations
Environment: Confidential 9i/10g, UNIX, SQL, Toad, PLSQL Developer, SVN, Eclipse, Spring Framework, Maven.