Devops Engineer Resume
- 8+ years of experience in IT industry with various rolesas of DevOps Engineer, build and release Engineer and system admin. with configuration management tools such as chef, puppet, Ansible, Docker, continuous integration using Jenkins, ANT, Maven build toolsand version control using GIT, SVNand extensive programming in Python, Rubyand Shellscripting.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration Tools like Jenkins, and good working knowledge on source repository management tools like GIT, SVN.
- Expertise, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, also familiar with EC2, cloud watch, Elastic IP's and managing security groups on AWS.
- Expertise in managing EC2 instances, EBS and RDS on the Amazon Web Services(AWS) platform using chef configuration management tools.
- Plan, deploy, monitor and maintain Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes environment.
- Excellent understanding modern cloud (compute, storage, networking) application architectures on AWS to ensure easy monitoring and high availability. created and managed new Users, roles and projects through Keystone.
- Experience in deploying and maintaining private cloud infrastructure of Amazon web services.Proficient in tracing complex build problems, release issues and environment issues in a multi - component environment
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Chef, Ansible and Puppet (Configuration Management Tools).
- Experience with Chef Enterprise as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53&ELB with ChefCookbooks.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of CassandraDB installations, WebSphere installation and creation of profiles.
- Created Ansible Playbooks and Puppet Manifests to provision Apache Web servers, JBoss Tomcat servers, Nginx and other applications.
- Developed OpenStack infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built cloud hosted applications and used Ansible for continuous integrations.
- Experienced in creating puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Experience with container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for the purpose of Continuous integration (CI) and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Good experience to setup, configure continuous build processes using Hudson, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Nant, MSbuild, Subversion.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Hands on developing and executing of XML, Ant scripts, shell scripts, Perl scripts and have good knowledge on Linux, and UNIX administration.
- Experienced in Administration and managing the source code control of multiple development efforts using Subversion and Git version control tools.
- Knowledge about Splunk architecture and various components (indexer, forwarder, search head, deployment server), Heavy and Universal forwarder, License model.
- Involved in helping the Unix and Splunk administrators to deploy Splunk across the UNIX and Windows environment.
- Performed regular software release build and deployment based on defined process and procedure, including J2EE, UNIX Scripts, Oracle PL/SQL build and deployment. Managed, maintained and deployed to test, acceptance and PROD environments.
- Expertise in detecting network outages and protocol failures by using Nagios monitoring system and also experienced in configuring other monitoring tools like Splunk and Cloud watch.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of IBM AIX 5x, 6x, 7x, Win NT/2000 Server & Linux in a large environment.
- Experience in UNIX and Linux subject matter as Manage, Install patches and other software packages.
Operating Systems: CentosOS 5/6/7, Ubuntu 10/12/14, Windows.
Application servers: WAS 7.X, 8.X JBoss AS 5.x, 6.x, 7.x and JBoss EAP 5.x, 6.x
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, Weblogics, Websphere
Scripting Tools: Shell script, bash, Python, Ruby, power Shell, Java.
Version Control tools: GIT, SVN, Bitbucket,Gitlabs.
Build/Automation Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes.
Networking: HTTP,DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, SMTP, LDAP.
Monitoring: Nagios, Splunk, Zabbix, Cloud watch.
Virtualization: Vmware,Vsphere,KVM, ESXi
Cloud: AWS(Ec2, S3, ELB, Route 53, VPC),Azure.
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Rally, Remedy.
Database Servers: MYSQL, SQL Server, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Experience in Devops Engineer involved With different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Experience in Building, Automating, Deploying and Releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Experience in working with version control systems like Subversion, GIT and used source codemanagement tools like GitHub.
- Experience in defining and leading software build strategy across product lines, creating software build and release best practices, standards, procedures, and tools.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, tagging, and notifications. Experienced and proficient deploying and administering GitHub.
- Experience in writing AnsiblePlaybooks and able to deploy application using Ansible
- Deployed mircoservices, including provisioning AWS environments using Ansible Playbooks
- Manage the configurations of multiple servers using Ansible.
- Developed AWS infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, chef, or custom-built cloud hosted applications and used Ansible for continuous integrations.
- Responsible for managing the Chef Client nodes and upload the cookbooks to chef-server from Workstation.
- Worked with Knife command line tool and creating Cookbooks.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef- server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Used chef to configure/install web servers, database servers and Involving in installing chef node, workstation and server.
- Used Chef Configuration management system to develop automation and monitoring web application and database servers.Managed of CI/CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automating the build processes.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins Continuous Integration tool on Linux machines along withadding/updating plugins such as GIT,ANT and MAVEN.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one Environment to other Environments.
- Written Jenkins pipeline template script in Groovy programming language for the automation of build and deployment process for different environment.
- Implemented new features in groovy programming language as a part of Jenkins continuous delivery.
- Experienced with GIT and Gerrit with Deep understanding of software configuration management (SCM) /Integration processes and tools for large, multi-site product development with very strong problem solving and Android debugging skills.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins End to End automation all build and deployments.
- Managed Build results in Jenkins and Deployed using workflows, Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Extensive experience in using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for buildingof deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code
- Configured and worked on static code coverage tools like SonarQube .
- Implemented Maven builds for creating JAR'S, WAR'S and EAR'S. Managed the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository.
- Deployed Enterprise Application Archive (EAR), Web Application Archive (WAR), JSP's, and Servlets in Staging and Production.
- Created Docker file for each microservice's and also changed some of the tomcat configuration file which are required to deploy Java based application to the Dockercontainer.
- Moved 50 micro services running on AmazonAmi into the Dockercontainers.
- Collaborated with development support teams to setup a continuous delivery environment with the use of Docker.
- Research and implement new tools such as Kubernetes with Docker to assist with auto-scaling, continuousintegration, rollingupdates with no downtime
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud creating EC2 instances, security groups, EC2container services and Amazon elastic block store.
- Provisioned AWS S3 buckets for backup of the application and sync these contents with remaining S3 backups, by creating entry for S3Sync in crontab.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production and corporate servers/storage using AWS Cloudwatch.
- Provisioned and maintained Amazon AWS server provisioning via chef. This included the provisioning of the instances, ELBs, DNS. Also contributed code to the Jenkins-aws module on GitHub as part of this.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Extensive working knowledge on automation for deployment/ configuration of different Application servers like WebLogic, JBoss, Web Servers like Apache, Tomcat and Web Containers like Nginx etc.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat. installed, configured and administered IBM Websphere Application Server 6.0/6.1/7.0/8.0 and IBM HTTP server 6.1/7.0 on AIX/Windows platform
- Used JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes related to Build and Release Team
- Used tracking tool JIRA to detect, organize and giving priorities to the issues and used it for assigning permissions to users and groups for the projects.
- Troubleshooting OS issues on Linux doing performance tuning to help user in smooth running of application processes. Building Kickstart server for automation of Linux OS installation.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, disk space and process monitoring in Debian and Red Hat Linux.
- Efficient in working closely with teams to ensure high quality and timely delivery of builds and releases.
- Exposure to all aspects of software development life cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing, and Implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects.
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying and production support.
- Worked closely with developers and QA team to resolve the issues that arise during the deployments to different environments.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product which involves environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Production.
- Coordinate Releases from Dev to Production. Communicating with Developers, Testers, Managers, UNIX, Network teams and DBA teams for successful Release.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Ant, Maven,WebSphere, Artifactory, Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, Jboss, WebSphere, Apache Tomacat, Nginx, AWS, Shell, Quality Center, Unix, Linux, Windows, Java/J2EE.
Devops/Build and Release Engineer
- Experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to Software development life cycle.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and delivery using CI Tool like Jenkins.
- Experienced writing Manifest to automate the deployment process and to integrating manifests into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Working with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using Puppet and Jenkins to get the job done.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes andanadmincontrol workstation.
- Worked with Puppet which is used to manage Linux but later versions support Microsoft Windows.
- Managing and configuring server nodes using Puppet Enterprise 3.8. Implement role and profile design pattern in Puppet to build a functional puppet workflow.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Utilizing Puppet web console to monitoring the states of node servers, resources and puppet classes. For reusable code and data management, we use Hiera with Puppet to separate data from Puppet codes, and give node-specific data.
- Created custom modules and manifests in Puppet using Facts, Resource Types and Provider to configure, install and run various applications and customized puppet scripts to perform further provisioning for entire stack.
- Wrote Ruby Scripts, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts to deploy the java based packages like ear and war on the WebLogic App server.
- Wrote Apache ant and Maven scripts for automation of the build management using Apache Tomcat,and JBoss.
- Deployed web and enterprise applications on JBoss application server
- Server configuration management via Puppet or Ansible and System orchestration via Ansible.
- Involved in writing and editing the existing ANT (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Created branching & tagging strategy to maintain the source code in the GIT repository and Coordinated with developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Managed SVN repositories for branching, merging, and tagging and Managed Users and Groups in SVN and involved in troubleshooting client spec issues and user issues.
- Experience with build tool Gradle for writing build scripts.
- Experience in automating the build and Continuous Integration concepts by using tool like Gradle, Maven, Puppet & Jenkins.
- Configuring and maintaining Artifactory for storing building Artifacts
- Configuration, tuning, security, backup, recovery, monitoring and upgrade of Linux 5, 6 (RHEL) and on different cross platforms. Experience with Linux system administration and virtualization (RedHat, Ubuntu, VMWare).
- Designed and deployed best SCM processes and procedures and supported off-shore team by advicing on best practices.
- Created Deployment notes along with the Local SCM team and released the Deployment Instruction to application support.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management. Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Followed up with the Test Team and Development Team and Posted the build on time and followed it up the testing team on posted builds.
Environment: UNIX native tools (tar/dd). sar, Chef, amazon EC2, vmstat, iostat, J2EE, JBoss, netstat, Solaris, CentOS 5.x/6.x and Redhat Linux. RPM and YUM, GIT, ANT, SVN, Python, Ruby, Perl and Shell Scripts
Build and Release Engineer
- Installation, Configuration, Administration and Upgrade of RedhatLinux 5.x, 6.x Operating systems.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion and identifying Cross Functional Dependencies, Monitoring & tracking the release milestones.
- Performing Risk Analysis, preparing Mitigation Strategies & Contingency Plans.
- Coordinating Release effort amongst various teams (Development, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Build release of Cloud based products containing Linux and Windows environments, using Python Scripting.
- Provided SCM support on improving SW defect tracking system and code inspection tool for Android SW.
- Delivered Android product on time by quickly adapted to GIT system from ClearCase, working with product team to setup GIT repository and build branch, customizing release scripts.
- Transformed the manual release procedure for Android product to automation build on Hudson by working with multiple functional teams; provided test and user guideline.
- Propagated JIRA issue solution from the baseline to other build lines automatically by applying SCM standards and implementing the system back-end to cherry-picking the changes.
- Ensured the success of automation of testing for Android products on several Linux machines by maintaining automation test scripts and configuration file.
- Monitoring, tracking, coordinating & managing 'Issues' &'Escalation'.
- Tracking code migration & testing efforts in all environments (i.e. Integration, Sys. Test, UAT, Performance.
- Overseeing the continuous build, integration & testing for Java related code running on Jenkins (Unit, Integration & System Level Tests).
- Implemented Jenkins for Continuous Integration Builds, automated deployments and Notifications.
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast-Paced Engineering Environment.
- Integrated Subversion for automating builds with Jenkins.
- Managed the Subversion branching strategy for a few applications by creating Release branches, Development branches thus ensuring the integrity of Trunk.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion with the J2EE development background. .
- Resolving critical system issues on a 24x7 basis, including notification, coordination and dispatch of individuals from various functional groups within the organization.
- Working closely with managers and operations engineers to ensure the success of daily operations.
Environment:: Red Hat,VMware, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, MAVEN, Perl Scripts, Python, JIRA, Subversion, AndroidShell Scripts, UNIX, Tomcat Application servers.
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of WebSphere Application server 6.0/6.1/7.0, in a Network Deployment Environment on Linux/AIX platforms.
- Installing and Administering IBM HTTP Server 6.0/6.1/7.0 and managing WAS plug - in configurations.
- Deploying applications in WAS using Admin Console and also through scripts.
- Supporting, monitoring all Applications at Development, Test, Stage and Production environments.
- Configuring web server ports and virtual host based on network load balanced URL s.
- Troubleshooting various problems in different stages of development using log files and with coordination from Development teams.
- Monitoring WAS performance through Tivoli Performance Viewer and tuning the system - caching, queuing, JVM parameters, DB Connection Pooling.
- Configuring SSL for Web Servers and LDAP Security for WebSphere using IBM Directory server.
- Configured SSO (Single Sign on) by installing CA Site Minder web agent.
- Performed software maintenance by installing Application Server and Web Server fix packs to keep the system software up to date.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Developed utilities for developers to check the checkouts, elements modified based on project and branch.
- Responsible for building and releasing packages for different testing Environments.
- Performing clean builds according to the schedule published for given releases.
- Responsible for Deployments to the WebSphere Application server.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
- Administered IBM Build Forge and involved in creating new Build jobs, environments and did user Management for build and deployment of JAVA applications.
- Resolved the build and deployment related bottlenecks with the development team.
Environment: WAS 6.0/6.1/7.0, IBM HTTP Server 6.0/6.1/7.0, IIS 6.0/7.0/7.5, Java Script, JACL/JYTHON, Servlets, Tivoli Performance Viewer, IBM Directory server, LINUX, Windows 2003/2008, CA SiteMinder.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes