- 7+ years of experience in IT industry with experience in Development, Systems Administration and Software Configuration Management (SCM). Extensive experience includes SCM, Build/Release Management, and Change/Incident Management.
- More than 6 years of direct client facing lead experience for handling all stages of enterprise software implementations( SDLC ), testing ( STLC ) and in production support.
- Implementing Software Configuration Management processes on projects including setting up and supporting our Continuous Integration. Build environment by automating Software builds, release and configuration processes.
- Expertise with UNIX and Windows environments including shell and Python scripts, perforce, SVN (Subversion), Perforce, GIT, Build forge and TFS.
- Involved in several projects setting up builds using Ansible, Puppet and Chef.
- Expertise includes bash and python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD Architecture and handson Engineering.
- Experience on .NET and build automation and unit testing scripting and maintaining code repository and create, document and manage our branching and merging patterns.
- Experience on Oracle Application dealing with Patches and dealing with concurrent systems.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as War & Ear from Source Code
- Experience with build tools Ant, Maven and Gradle for writing build.xmls, pom.xmls and build.gradles respectively.
- Written manifests/Recipes and Ruby scripts to customize the Puppet/Chef as per our environment.
- Good experience to setup, configure continuous build processes using Buildforge/Cruise Control/Hudson, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, Nant, MSbuild, Subversion and ClearCase, Perl.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like Cobertura, Sonar, fortify, Clover, PMD, FindBugs and CheckStyle.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory repository Managers for java builds.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Buildforge and AnthillPro for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Build and Deploy Oracle Financials Enterprise Business Suite Applications.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of source control management concepts such as Branching, Merging, Labeling/Tagging and Integration.
- Experienced in Debugging, Optimizing and Performance Tuning of Oracle BI (Siebel Analytical) Dashboards /Reports to improve performance at Database.
- Involved in the functional usage and Deployment of Applications in Web Logic, Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Work under SLA (Service Level Agreement) &Incident Management (Remedy) with increase Productivity, Scalability & Performance of application.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Remedy, HP Quality Center, and Fisheye.
- Experience on Hudson/Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for the end to endAutomation for all the builds and deployments.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instancestrategies.
- Worked in managing VMs using AWS EC2.
SCM Tool: GIT, Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, Jira, Hudson, Bamboo, CMake.
Build Tool: Ant, Maven.
Servers: JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, Websphere.
Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, CVS.
Languages: Shell, Perl, C, C++, Java
Web Technologies: JDK 1.4/1.5/1.6/1.8 HTML, XML, DHTML, MSXML, ASPX.
Operating System: UNIX, Linux, HP - UX, Solaris, Mac, Microsoft Windows Vista/ XP/ 2000.
Database System: My SQL Server 2000/2005, Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL, MS Access, DBA.
Build Tools / Release: Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ant, Maven, Grade, Perl, Hudson, Python
- Installed and configured Jenkins, Installed plug-in, configured security, created a master and slaves for implementation of multiple parallel builds.
- Implemented Ant, Maven, Gradle scripts to automate the build process.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our environments.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on AWS & configuration management using Ansible.
- Installed Puppet Master, agents, created and automated platform environment setup.
- Implemented Chef as the Software Configuration Management tool to manage and administer nodes.
- Manage access control lists (ACLs), and given permissions to different users, groups by using recipes.
- Created chef driven configuration of user accounts.
- Install packages on chef only when necessary by managing the attributes.
- Installed Urban Code Deploy server, agents and doing deployments in various environments.
- Worked on and run Agile projects for a DevOps team to help deliver critical functionality to a cloud based service.
- Created Project Areas, Stream, setting up build definitions for the projects in RTC and coordinate/assist developers with merging, build issues.
- Creating repositories, branches, tags in GIT and assist the developers to fix merging issues.
- Creating Local, Virtual Repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds, repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using JFrogArtifactory tool.
- Defined the Release Timelines in RTC, work item categories, create work items.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs.
- Rebase/Merged Projects Streams with Release Streams after the frozen/production release and resolved the conflicts during the rebasing.
- Coordinate Releases from Dev to Production. Communicating with Developers, Testers, Managers, Unix, Network teams and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Plan and Test Roll Back Strategies.
- Working with bug tracking tool Quality Center.
- Setup and configuration of Web Sphere application server profiles, configured data sources, SIB.
- Scheduling the log rotation and deployment jobs using crontab.
- Deployment of EAR files into a WebSphere application server, troubleshooting the applications.
- Maintained all the Unix environments for deployments and Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Coordinate daily meetings.
- Trained new joiners on DevOps tools.
- Given Knowledge sharing sessions on SCM, Build, CI tools and Servers.
Environment: RTC, GIT, CVS, Ant, Maven, Gradle, WebSphere, Artifactory, Jenkins, SonarQube, UrbanCodeDeploy, Puppet, AWS, RAD, Shell, Quality Center, Unix, Linux, Windows, Java/J2EE
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion /Perforce.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Jenkins CI Automation.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Implemented Bash, Perl, Python scripting.
- Implemented automations tools Chef, Puppet, Splunk, DevOps
- Worked in Public cloud (AWS) andPrivate cloud ( Open Stack )
- Worked exclusively on VMware virtual environment.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Ability to work on Sql queries across multiple database and applications.
- Updating patches to keep servers updated against bugs present in the operating system using Red Hat Satellite Server, yum, etc.
- Installed Jenkins on Linux Machines and created the master/slave architecture.
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/Perforce support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/perforce Repositories, and the access control strategies.
- Responsible for User Management, Administration, Group Management, Slave Management, new job setup in Jenkins.
Environment: SVN, Perforce, AWS, ANT, Maven, Apache Tomcat, Shell, Perl, Nexus, Jenkins. SOAP, JSP 1.3, Java Script, AngularJs, jQuery, DOJO, CSS, AJAX, DWR, XML, JavaBeans
- Supporting engineering plans and schedules by providing CM/Release Engineering services to build, deploy,
- Develop scripts, oversee branch and merge strategies, and build automated tools as necessary to offer services to engineering team.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and Ant. Scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Helped developers and other project teams to set views and environments.
- Created and applied Baselines and Labels for each Build Artifacts.
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Chef to aid with our deployment process, and migrating in-house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources.
- Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- Replaced existing manual deployment and management processes with Chef and AWSOps Works stacks across 4 product platforms
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices.
- Managed GIT and SVN as Source Control Systems
- Created Pre-operation and Post-operation triggers in UCM.
- Developed scripts using PERL, BASH and BATCH files for Automation of Activities and builds.
- Provided level one support for build troubleshooting and production issues.
- Responsible for the EBFs (Emergency Bug Fixes) to push them to different environments and monitor their status.
- Performed merges for each build from Development Branch to Integration Branch.
- Created the Release Management plan with the implementation schedule.
- Conducted Sanity Testing to verify for the right build is deployed.
- 24/7 on call support for emergency site maintenance and immediate build and install requests.
- Worked with the automated scripts for the Build and Deployment of the applications.
- Responsible for Build and Install Schedules using Unix Cron jobs.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for the purpose of build and install on different environments.
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Used Puppet for Continuous Delivery. Managed CI and CD process and delivered all application in rpms.
- Created the build instructions docs and install (deploy) instructions docs for each application for different environments.
Environment: Java/J2ee, Eclipse, Chef, AWS (Amazon Web Services) Ant, Maven, Subversion, SVN, GIT, Python, Ruby, Nexus, Sonar, Jenkins, PERL, BASH, Solaris, UNIX.
- Installed, configured, troubleshoot, secured and supported RedHat 4/5, CentOS 3/4/5 and SUSE
- Linux9/10 servers and also product servers.
- Worked on installation and configuration of Weblogic.
- Installed SOA suite and configurations as well as supported AWS set ups
- Worked on troubleshooting application servers Tomcat and Jboss.
- Worked on Installation and configuration of FTP, TFTP, HTTP, SAMBA, DNS etc.
- Deployment of application patches and upgrades; perform reboots & configuration changes.
- Wrote scripts on shell, bash and Korn.
- Worked on IMAP, POP, SSH Configuration and Hardening.
- Server Security Auditing, Vulnerability Assessment and correction.
- Worked on setting up accounts, remote backups, DNS clusters, Failover solutions etc.
- Administered user accounts, performed user maintenance on different Linux environment. Monitored security issues, administe
- Red system mail and Internet access. Configured network file systems.
- Worked on configuring and troubleshooting VPN Technologies (OpenVPN, Poptopetc).
- Monitored and Managed Network Devices using Cacti, PRTG, etc.
- Security Protection (Intrusion Detection with Snort, tripwire and ipfw/iptablesetc).
- Linux Kernel Security, regular maintenance, recompiles and OS reinstalls.
- Worked on Core System Files Hardening and Optimization (sysctl.conf, resolv.confetc)
- Monitored servers and responded to event notifications. (Service outages, High Load Alerts etc) experience with Nagios.
- Working knowledge of Database Technologies (MySQL, PGSQL), performance Optimization and Hardening.
Environment: Redhat Linux, Centos SUSE Oracle 10g, SOA, Nagios, Tomcat, Jboss, DNS, IMAP, POP, SSH, SQL, PL/SQL, shell scripts,, Putty, Storage, Cpanel, WHM, VPN, Cacti, PRTG, RDNS.