- Over all 7 years of experience in IT infrastructure which includes AWS / system Engineer experience and Hosting based 24X7 support environments.
- Working experience on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud services like EC2, S3, EBS, RDS, VPC, and IAM.
- Strong knowledge on Virtualization, Cloud Computing, and Web services.
- Designed, configured, and deployed Amazon Web Services (AWS) for applications utilizing the AWS stack (Including EC2, S3, RDS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, SQS, IAM), focusing on high - availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Provided security and managed user access and quota using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM).
- Experience in implementing Continuous Integration and deployment using various Cloud Integration Tools like Jenkins & configuration management tools like Chef.
- Worked with version/source management tools like GIT.
- Worked with Configuration Management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Starting a Release and Software Configuration Management process including setting up and implementing branching, check in, build and deployment process.
- Worked with Configuration Management automation tool Ansible and has worked on integrating Ansible YAML Scripts .
- Expertise in writing files in XML and JSON formats.
- Creating alarms in Cloud watch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU.
- Administering, installing, configuring and maintaining Linux servers Install, upgrade and manage packages via RPM and YUM package management.
- Configuring distributed file systems and administering NFS server and NFS clients as per system user requirements
- Experience with most layers of AWS offerings and integration, and migration of existing solutions into virtualized hosting environments.
Operating systems: UNIX, Linux/Solaris, Windows, Mac.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Perl, Ruby and Power Shell Scripts.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven.
DevOps: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker, Jenkins.
Cloud Technologies: AWS.
Monitoring Tools: Cloud Watch.
Source Code Management Tools: Git.
Programming Languages: Java, Ruby and C.
Databases: Oracle, MS Access, SQL Server.
Application Servers: Apache.
SR. DEVOPS/AWS ENGINEER
- Experience writing Ansible playbooks and deploying applications using Ansible. And running Jenkins job to run Ansible playbook.
- Experience in Migrating data from Swarm to Perforce and from Perforce to GitHub hub Enterprise
- Created the whole Application of Jira with AWS CloudFormation template and running this through Ansible
- Integrating the Applications with LDAP, SAML and configuring the SSL CERTS with automation Scripts in Ansible or Shell Scripts.
- Created the Automated Cron Jobs for the backup process where the Jenkins job runs every day and weekly.
- Created the documentation for the failover and backup which needs to be followed during the failover
- Maintain the backup data in S3 from Amazon Glacier which stays there for 3 months as it is cheap.
- Modify the existing AWS Cloud Formation templates and updating them with security rules.
- Design and develop to create custom VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Experience with Nginx configuration as proxy the servers and worked on the configuration. .
- Monitoring the Application with AWS Cloud Watch and Nagios and get the status report when it is critical or a warning.
- Took part in migration of Jenkins server from on premise to AWS.
- Configured Gitlab server from scratch and integrated with Ldap authentication.
- As a DevOps Engineer took part in various Deployments from Lower Environment to Prod.
- And used various monitoring tools like Cloud Watch, Splunk, AppDynamics and Zenoss for all Environments.
- Created S3 bucket for EC2 instances to store all the content including HTML pages, images, CSS Files and Java script files.
- Patching each Environment using Spacewalk server. Each Environment has a spacewalk server. And also used space cmd command line apart from UI.
- Created Branches, Tags and performed merges in GIT and also used SVN for legacy projects.
- We use Docker-swarm to maintain the cluster of containers. And I have written a Docker-compose file in YAML to spin up the containers at the same time.
- Troubleshooting the production environment issues as production support. We do use pagerdutty for alert and 24/7 support.
- I also use Terraform to spin up the servers in AWS as per environment requirement. We also use granpacker to build custom AMI's in AWS Environment
- We also use the RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ for notification services.
- We use application servers like Wildfly, Tomcat. I configured the tomcat as per our developer's requirement for environment and tar it and push to the Jfrog artifactory.
- Worked with the Developers on building Java applications and also migration of application from on premise to cloud.
- Red Hat Jboss was used for Building, deploying, and hosting enterprise Java applications and services
Environment: RedHat, Tomcat, Java, AWS (EC2, Auto-Scaling, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB, RDS, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Glacier, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM), Ansible, Jenkins, Bash Scripting, Git, Nagios.
- Delivered Solutions to improve Cloud architecture
- Automation and continuous integration processes with Jenkins and Ansible
- Creating CloudWatch alerts for instances and using them in Autoscaling launch configurations.
- Analyzed the current stack, load and cost to brainstorm architecture in order to reduce the footprint and cost.
- Rehydrating AMI's of all the servers to the latest release every 60 days.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Created and maintained documentation of build and release processes and application configuration to comply with audit requirements and Industry best practices.
- Automated Start/Stop of non-prod instances to reduce cost.
Environment: AWS (EC2, Auto-Scaling, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB, VPC, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, IAM)
- Conceived, Designed, Installed and Implemented Chef configuration management system.
- Created and updated Chef manifests and modules, files, and packages.
- Developed automation scripting in Ruby (core) using Chef to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Worked on Version control setups like GIT and integration tools Jenkins
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Automated Nagios services for database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python script in Chef.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Bootstrapping automation scripting for virtual servers, using VMWare clusters.
- Worked on Apache and Firewalls in both development and production.
Environment: Chef, Java, Linux, Git, Jenkins, Bash Scripting, Nagios, Docker, VMware.
Build & Release EngineerResponsibilities:
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Worked with various AWS EC2 and S3, EBS, CloudWatch tools.
- Installed and configured Jenkins, Implemented CI process from the Scratch.
- Responsible for Branching and merging the code as per the schedule.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Wrote Puppet modules, Manifests for installing and managing Java versions and managing persistent SSH tunnels.
- Perform biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Created instances (VMs) in AWS with required stack of infrastructure for application teams.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Configured and automated the Jenkins Build jobs for Continuous Integration.
- Used Jenkins to run Puppet on VMs created in AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Developed UNIX and Python Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments.
- Designed and implemented Subversion metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Used Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
Environment: AWS (EC2, Auto-Scaling, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, VPC, Cloud Watch, IAM), Jenkins, ANT, MAVEN, Puppet, Java, Linux, Bash Scripting.
- Installation and Troubleshooting on VMware running Linux (Red Hat) and Windows.
- Installation, Configuration & Upgrade of operating systems Linux on Windows hardware.
- Monitoring System performance and do kernel tuning to enhance the system Performance, worked on installation, configuration and maintenance of Redhat, CentOS Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Management of Red Hat Linux user accounts, groups, active directories and file permissions.
- Monitored system activities, fine-tuned system parameters, configurations to optimize performance and ensure security of systems.
- Responsible for maintenance of development tools, utilities and to maintain shell, Perl automation Scripts.
- Configuration of NFS, send mail on Linux and administering NFS Mounts.
- Responsible for day-to-day System Administration for Solaris and Windows NT servers.
- Solaris Operating Systems upgrade, package installations, updates, patches and software fixes.
- Monitoring system resources, logs, disk usage, scheduling backups and restore.
- Configured auto mounts/maps for the user accounts.
- Installation, Configuration of Web Servers using Apache, IIS on Solaris and NT Servers.
- Performed various health check-ups in production and development environments
- Managed, installed software packages using YUM, RPM and created repository files for offline servers.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Developed Perl, shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
Environment: VMware, RedHat, CentOS, Bash Scripting. Solaris, Apache, HTTP web servers.