- Around 6+ years of IT experience as cloud/infra/systems admin/devopsadmin incorporating implementation, administration and Application - product support with expertise in automation of Centos, RHEL, Ubuntu and Windows Serverand with Three years of experience on AWSthroughContinuous Integration (CI)&Continuous Deployment/Delivery (CD)and Automation of Infrastructure as Code under Devops Culture in an Agile Environment.
- Experience on migrating applications using Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure.
- Designed, implemented and deployed Cloud Based Applications by using the Amazon EC2, VPC, Cloud Watch, S3, Cloud Front, SES, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Formation, Cloud Search, Route53, IAM.
- Responsible in designing and deploying automated processes in a LAMP environment
- Administered and Implemented CI tools Hudson/Jenkins, Bamboo, Build forge, Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server (TFS) and Anthill Pro,Fortify for automated builds
- Experienced in installation, configuration, usage and management on AWS (Amazon Web Services), Jenkins and GIT for application servers.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI’s
- Experience with Virtualization technologies like installing, configuring,VMware vSphere. Creation, management, administration and maintenance of virtual servers and clients.
- Experience in using VMware vMotionto move VM's fromOneDatacenter to another Datacenter.
- Responsible for creating the Infrastructure Changes in Change Management through Remedy Tool & Implementation of those changes in Windows and Citrix Environment.
- Experience in working with configuration Management tool - Ansible, has setup Ansible projects and configured the playbooks for the microservices.
- Experience in using Setup & configure virtual networks in a vSphere environment usingESXiandVeeam Backup and Replication.
- Migrate production hosts from Suse to CentOS, including tuning of kernel, filesystems, VMware (ESXi) allocations, SAN/disk layouts, and authoring several custom tools to facilitate troubleshooting and monitoring of SMS/SIP/XMPP applications
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source and did Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- Experienced in Setup the Chef Infrastructure for the environment for software configurations management.
- Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Extensive experience in building and deployment of the application build tools like ANT, Maven.
- Used Jenkins as a build tool to create build packages. Created build and deployment jobs in Jenkins for various components.
- Experience in using version controller tools like Tortoise SVN, Subversion, GIT.
- Plan, Design, and Implement Scripts for the TFS Private/Public Cloud Integrations for Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work using tools such as Docker, Salt Stack, Jenkins.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the JIRA tracking tool and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Expertise in using Nagios and Splunk for Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Expertise in Scriptingwith either Bash, Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python programming for Automation of Activities and builds,deployment of Java applications on bare servers or Middleware tools.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSQL tools such as SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB and Cassandra.
- Installation and configuration of Veritas Storage Foundation Suite::Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas File System, Veritas Cluster Server and Oracleand experienced in RAID configurations.
- Conducted performance testing of Apache and Tomcat management services.
- Designs, implements, and performs processes for day-to-day management of the Global Active Directory and Office 365 supporting servers
- Responsible for deploying enterprise applications from Admin console and enabling security using LTPA and LDAP for WebSphere Application Server and expertise in setting up security for single sign on and SSL
- Hands on experience in Installation/Administration of TCP/IP, NIS/NIS+, NFS, DNS, NTP, Auto mounts, Send mail and Print servers as per the client’s requirement.
- Configured Various Network services such as LDAP,NFS,NIS,DNS and Sendmail in RedHat Linux.
- Configured VPN Tunneling, LDAP authentication for SVN for secure site and Patches update using binary source.
- Good working experience with RedHat Satellite Server for upgrading and patching Linux Servers.
- Experienced with Package management using RPM, YUM and UP2DATE in Redhat Linux.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SCCM/SMS, Install Shield Admin Studio, IIS, DNS/TCP/WINS, Windows Registry, and Active Directory.
- Setup and Performance tuning with the command tools like sar, top, vmstat, netstat, tcpdump, iostat
- Day to day administration of the Development environment and Production and Test environment systems. 24x7 on-call support
- Day to day job included but not limited to handling Tickets, Monitoring, Troubleshooting and maintenance
- Strong desire to learn new technologies with positive attitude.
CM/CI tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Gradle.
Operating Systems/Platform: Sun Solaris 11/10, Red Hat Linux 5.x/6.x/7 SUSE 10/11/12, Ubuntu, OEL, CentOS, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
Network Protocols: SMTP, SNMP, ICMP, TCP/IP, FTP, TELNET, UDP, and RIP, iSCSI, Fibre Channel.
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Microsoft Azure, Rackspace, Openstack.
AMI creation/CD tools: Virtualization/Containerization Technologies,Docker, pivotal cloud foundry.
Versioning Tools: GIT, SVN, Subversion, Clear Case, CVS, and Bit Bucket.
Languages: Shell Scripting, power Shell, Perl, Python and Ruby.
Software and Tools: WinSCP, FTP, SSL.
Web/Application Servers: Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere and JBoss-AS/EAP.
Monitoring: Nagios, ZABBIX, Splunk, AppDynamics.
Database: Oracle, DB2, MySql, Cassandra, MongoDB 7 SQL Server 2008/2012/2014 .
Hardware: Dell R710, R720, R510 and R910, IBM Blade Servers.
DevOps Engineer /Cloud EngineeringResponsibilities:
- Designed and deployed AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto scaling groups.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2. Auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build for internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Evaluating testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Automate Continuous Build and Deploy Scripts for Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration tool.
- Administer and Maintain Source Code Repositories including ClearCase, RTC, GITand Subversion .
- Support concurrent development process with standard Branching and Merge of application source code.
- Created and maintained several build definitions and publish profiles to handle automated builds in an Agile/SCRUM environment.
- Coordinated software application and database deployments across several environments and provided feedback and training to other full-time release engineering staff for production releases during off hours.
- Developed custom automation build system using Jenkins, Build Forge on SVN,ClearCase.
- Completed set up of CD environment with focus on IBM Urban Code(uDeploy ), Chef , Octopus
- Set up uDeploy server along with automated scripts to back up the server and restore from backup for Disaster recovery and deployed on various application servers like JBOSS , WebSphere .
- Implemented automation tools such as Puppet, Chef and DevOps.
- Wrote Chef Recipes for automated uDeploy agent installs/updates, uDeploy agent relays install/update and configuring the same with the uDeploy server.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications , Config Files , Database Commands and Packages .
- Developed strategies, and contracts for validation of deployments and automated rollbacks in uDeploy .
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins Nodes/Agent, Chef, Puppet.
- Managed build process and document configuration and deployment instructions.
- Configured build process and controlled the source code repository- Clear Case and logged defect to clear Quest.
- Configured Jenkins for integrated source control, builds, testing and deployment.
- Create many build scripts to enhance the process and automate the manual jobs.
- Maintained automated build systems like ANT and MAVEN and implement new features or scripts for the build system.
- Documented all SCM processes to strengthen and streamline the build process.
- Participated in migrating applications code from Clear Case to Subversion.
- Documented Daily meetings, Build reports , Release Notes and many other day-today documentation and Status Reports.
- Implemented new CM processes, polices, and configurations for internal and external audiences. Coordinated with teammates to ensure CM assets are inventoried and monitored by executing a preventive maintenance plan.
- Supporting end user community with user account administration, issue resolution, data security concerns, product license administration, product installations, multi-site synchronization, process policies and general system maintenance.
- Helping development & build teams in the creation and execution of build and releases.
- Assisted in the identification and development of metrics to track progress of builds, release packages, deployment processes, system readiness, and process adherence.
- Delivering SCM Toolkit & Inquest training to end-user community and developers.
Environment: AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups and optimized volumes, EC2 instances), VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups. VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5 & 6.0, Jenkins, Docker, Docker containers, Ansible, YAML scripting, Chef, Ruby Scripts, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, GIT Repositories, JIRA, RPM/YUM, Apache and MySQL database. JBoss, Apache, WebLogic, Tomcat and WebSphere, SSL enabled, SMTP, netapp storage LUNs to the Red Hat Linux servers.
DevOps Engineer /Cloud Engineering
- Experience in Server infrastructure development on AWS Cloud, extensive usage of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Cloud Formation, Lambda, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, Dynamo DB, Route53, and Cloud Trail.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create Amis for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Worked on creation and managing IT infrastructure and application stack using AWS Cloud Formation and writing the template file using JSON.
- Implementing a CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) framework using Jenkins, Maven&Artifactory in Linux environment and Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry
- Installed and configured Jenkins for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven and Worked on authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin and managing Maven repositories.
- Installed packages on remote Agent less nodes through Ansible playbooks with Ansible roles.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks and securing a server with Ansible and Provisioning, deployment with Ansible and Worked on developing Ansible Go Scripts for automating regular tasks
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files, used mount points and packages and Worked on playbooks for Ansible in YAML scripting
- Use Elastic Search on creating an uninstall survey page web application and Restful Web Service and experience working on Elastic Search for Indexing, Text and Documents.
- Worked on installing of Docker using Docker toolbox and worked on creation of Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery(CD) goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx.
- Implemented several Tomcat Instances by using the Docker engine for running several Containerized AppServers
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef& created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations. Server automation with Chef and used tools like Maven for deployment and build management.
- Worked on provisioning different environments using Chef, Ansible and other Configuration management tools.
- Written Chef Cookbooks for installing Tomcat, JBoss, Nginx, WebLogic, and WebSphere for configuring load balancers and fail over.
- Created and maintained Python scripts for Automating Build and Deployment Process and Creating Web Based Application by Using Django Framework.
- Utilize Nagios based Open Source monitoring tools to monitor Linux Cluster nodes configured using Red Hat Cluster Suite.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operation
- Installed, Deployed Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6.x/7.x, CentOS and installation of packages and patches for Red Hat Linux Servers.
Environment: EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB, Puppet, Nagios, Docker, of DNS, LDAP, NFS, MySQL, Mongo DB and PostgreSQL, LVM, Apache Web Server and SSL, Apache Web Server, Jenkins, GIT, MAVEN, Bash and Perl scripting, VMware, Nagios, Python, JIRA, JBoss 4.2.x, 5.x, Oracle DB.
Cloud/Build and Release Engineer
- Plan, deploy, monitor, and maintain Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMWare are Vm's as required in the environment and worked on application deployment and data migration on AWS (Cloud formation, Cloud Front).
- Involved in designing and deploying a multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, ELB, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Involved in improvement of CI/CD (Continuous Integration /Continuous Delivery) Software Release Management strategies for various applications.
- Created Python scripts to, totally automate AWS services which include web servers, ELB, Cloud front distribution, Database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Involved in conversion of the source code from the SVN to GIT. Worked closely with other CM teams, which was migrating from SVN to GIT. Helped them in the CM Planning and Build/Deploy processes.
- Managing GIT version control system in creating branches, tags, merge, resolving conflicts
- Used the continuous integration tool Jenkins to automate the daily processes.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus, Artifactory) and Deployed the EARs and WARs in TOMCAT Application server using ANT script as a CI/CD Process.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as build tools on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code. Develop and maintain ANT (build.xml) and Maven (pom.xml) scripts
- Enabled Continuous Delivery through Deployment into several environments of Development, Test and Production using Maven and Sonarqube.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to a web application server in an Agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Worked on Configuration Management Tool Chef& created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations. Server automation with Chef and used tools like Maven for deployment and build management.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in Open Stack cloud through Chef Recipes.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server.
- Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Setting up the new build environment for various products in Linux environment implemented the Release practice and responsible for pushing builds into DEV/ QA / SIT / UAT.
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as Iptables, firewall, TCP wrappers.
- Upgraded and Migrated to JIRA from Clear Quest and Implemented JIRA with MAVEN release plug-in for tracking bugs and defects.
- Regularly monitoring application server instances using Nagios, Dynatrace and Blue stripe
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, IIS, Apache, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
Environment: Redhat Linux 5 /6, AWS, Jenkins, GIT, SVN, CI/CD, JIRA, MAVEN, ANT, CHEF, crontab, Nagios, Dynatrace, Tomcat Application Server, apache web servers, WebSphere, IIS, Apache, WebLogic, JBOSS.