- Around 8 Years IT of experience in System Operations, Design and Deployment of applications on various Linux distributions including Monitoring, Deploying, Automation, Infrastructure configuration, Troubleshooting.
- Created branches and maintained different versions of chef Recipes in distributed Version Control tool like Git.
- Integrated Source code management GitHub repositories with Jenkins and configured jobs to build Java and various applications.
- Implemented continuous integration through Jenkins and configuration management tools like puppet, chef.
- Deployed applications on various On - Premises, Cloud servers.
- Implemented configuration management tool puppet and wrote custom modules in puppet to manage the nodes in the private and public cloud environment.
- Created various modules and Manifests in Ansible to automate various applications
- Hands on experience on Terraform open source tool used for building, changing and versioning Infrastructure. Handled multiple providers with terraform simultaneously.
- Experience in AWS Cloud services such as EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route53, Cloud Watch, Security Groups, Cloud Trail, IAM, Cloud Front, Snowball, RDS and Glacier.
- Configured Azure in TFS RM, and Automated TFS builds to Azure environment.
- Worked with Splunk professional services to make the best practices that can be followed by everyone to maintain the performance of Splunk .
- Worked on migration of Splunk to AWS(cloud) instances. Involved in standardizing Splunk forwarder deployment, configuration and maintenance across UNIX and Windows platforms
- Configured Elastic Load Balancer and Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems. Experience in creating User/Group Accounts and attaching policies to User/Group Accounts using AWS IAM service.
- Managed application and system monitoring through Nagios, experience in Microsoft Azure
- Ability to write scripts in SHELL, Python to automate Cron jobs and system maintenance.
- Knowledge on various networking protocols like HTTP, FTP, TCP/IP, SMTP and SSH.
- Automation of build, Deployment and Release engineering, Build development and tools support. Including code compilation, packaging and deployment / Release methodology.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of FTP server, Apache Tomcat, DNS Server on Redhat, Ubuntu Linux distributions.
- Experience in Creation and managing user accounts, security, rights, disk space and process monitoring in Ubuntu and Red Hat Linux.
- Good knowledge in the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience in Configuring and deploying to Application servers WebLogic and WebSphere.
- Wrote chef cookbooks to automate RHEL servers and Webservers patching across many Virtual Servers.
- Good Knowledge on LVM (logical volume manager) and effectively utilized the partitions by optimizing the space for applications.
Programming Languages: Java script, C, Various shell flavors ksh, csh, bash, Perl, Python, XML, YAML, Ruby, JSON, Amazon Web Services Scripting, Puppet manifests
Operating Systems: UNIX Solaris, Linux CentOS/Redhat/Ubuntu, Windows, MacOS, BSD, FreeBSD
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MySQL, Postgres SQL, NoSQL, Amazon RDS management, DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBAse
Cloud Computing Services: Amazon Web Services- Computing EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto Scaling, Elastic Beanstalk | Security IAM |Content Delivery VPC, CloudFront, Route53 |Storage S3, EFS, Glacier | Messaging SNS, SQS |Database RDS(MySQL), Dynamo DB | Management Tools Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, cloud Trail AWS(Ec2, S3 & RDS), Websphere, IBM Portal, Kubernetes, Azure, Terraform Server, JBoss, Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat, SunOne, IIS, NGINX
Development tools: Vagrant, Eclipse, Visual Studio, Geppetto, Virtualbox
Virtualization: VMware, Oracle VM Virtual Box
Version Control Tools & Build Tools: Git, ANT, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins
Methodologies: SDLC, Agile
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, puppet, Ansible
Servers: DHCP, DNS, Apache Tomcat
Network Protocols: SSH, TCP/IP
Infrastructure Tools: Terraform
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk
DevOps Cloud Engineer
- Automating the tasks using Ansible playbooks, Shell scripting and Python
- Automate and maintain the software build process.
- Automate software deployment and monitoring.
- Automate using scripting languages such as Powershell, Ruby, Bash, Python or similar
- Responsibilities highly concurrent and multi-threaded systems.
- Experience writing Playbooks using Ansible to provision several pre-production environments and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Monitoring 24x7, high performance and scalable systems. Worked in installing and upgrading Splunk apps and configured them. Guided all the SME's in using Splunk to create dashboards, reports, Alerts etc.,
- Managed Splunk configuration files like inputs, props, transforms, and lookups. Deploy, configure and maintained Splunk forwarder in different platforms.
- Updated Release reports from change management control.
- Migrating servers with the required configurations changes and testing and deploying the machines using Ansible commands
- Developing and implementation which includes Releasing, Deploying, Operating, Monitoring.
- Handful of practice with all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle - ranging from architecture and design to implementation and testing.
- Experienced in writing design documentation, coding, and writing Unit and Integration tests, building code using maven testing with the help of Junit releasing sing Jenkins.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and Release management
- Familiar with architecture and design of components and features that are part of large enterprise architectures.
- Working with AWS is the interesting part of it putty is used launching the Instance, hands on Azure.
- Implemented TFS Build Archival to AWS Simple Storage Service S3 and created Life Cycles for managing the files in S3.
- Deploying phase monitoring Nagios, Splunk code deploying phase puppet, chef, ansible, testing, debugging.
- Strong interpersonal and teaming skills - ability to set and enforce process and influence engineers who are not direct reports. Ability to operate in an Agile and dynamic environment.
Environment:: Aws using EC2, RDS, S3, Chef, Puppet, Git, TFS, Ruby, Python & PowerShell, Microsoft Azure
- Hands on AWS, building CFTs. Configuration management such as Chef, Puppet, or Salt. Comprehensive compensation & benefits packages, and a place to grow your career in a collaborative, fast-paced and supportive environment.
- Developed, Configured and supported ETL team, resolved their problems and help in upgrading.
- Defining DevOps best practices for our application teams and assist them in engaging these processes.
- Ownership and support of configuration management and deployment automation tools, including Chef, Puppet, or Salt.
- Provide consultative assistance to application teams in leveraging automation and monitoring tools for continuous improvement of application deployments and monitoring.
- Maintaining the LINUX environment and ensuring that the systems are up and available, Contribute to optimum levels of performance and productivity for the IT Department as well as the entire organization
- Installed and Configured Continuum jobs for automating some build Processes.
- Assist application teams in leveraging external and internal cloud services features such as elastic capacity auto-scaling, elastic load balancing, right-sizing, disaster recovery strategies, and tiered storage.
- Developed Processes, Tools, Automation for Jenkins based Software for Build system and delivering SW Builds
- Built largely open source technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform and leveraging multiple cloud platforms both public and private to deliver a ubiquitous and consistent global platform for continuously deploying applications
- Worked on loading CSV/TXT/DAT files using Scala language in Spark Framework to process the data by creating Spark Data frame and RDD and save the file in parquet format in HDFS to load into fact table using ORC Reader.
- Ensure maximum uptime of cloud hosted environments, including production, staging, testing, authoring, and development environments.
- Keep up to date with developments in the e-Learning, technology, and DevOps fields through educational and other information resources and make our team aware of possible applications for new technologies and methods.
- Scripting in PowerShell and Python. Experience with systems and IT operations, monitoring operations is involved. Using Service to manage tickets as well as building backend automation. Handling tools such as GITHUB, Urban Code Deployment, SVN, Jenkins, Maven Dockers
Environment: AWS, SVN, Jenkins, Maven, Dockers, Python, Jenkins, VMware, Kubernetes, Terraform Windows Server, MySQL, Red Linux, Putty, Eclipse, GIT.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled load on the servers.
- Used Bit Bucket for branching and staging purposes.
- Configured Bamboo for building and continuous integration with the source code repository.
- Configured Nexus to store build files from bamboo and for backup, log files.
- Implemented cloud watch for setting alarm for monitoring the Ec2 instances.
- Experience in deployment automation and related tooling (Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation or similar)
- Experience writing Playbooks using Ansible to provision several pre-production environments and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Used TFS - GIT distributed Source Control System as repository .
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures, Manage and maintain MongoDB servers across multiple environments
- Experience in writing playbooks for Ansible and deploying applications using Ansible.
- Automated various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack Monitoring using Ansible playbooks and has integrated Ansible with Run deck and Jenkins.
- Installed and Configured TFS Release Manager and automated deployments
- Provisioned and patched servers regularly using Ansible.
- Created Reports, Pivots, alerts, advance Splunk search and Visualization in Splunk enterprise.
- Monitored and troubleshoot the applications using tools like ITCAM, Dynatrace, Splunk, Wily Introscope and BMC Patrol.
- Installed and upgraded Splunk software in distributed and clustered environments for numerous corporations and public entities.
- Installed and used TFS power tools, Build Extensions power tools, TFS Sidekicks.
- Collaborate with appropriate resources internal and external to the change and configuration management department regarding issues for configuration management.
- Provides reports and metrics as requested so that achievement and failure of releases can be quantified.
- Support an enterprise-class suite of monitoring, alerting, and event management tools including SolarWinds, IBM Impact, Netcool/Omnibus, BMC’s EUEM, and MIR3.
Environment: AWS, SVN, Jenkins, Maven, Dockers, Ansible, TFS, Python, Jenkins, VMware, Splunk, Windows Server, MySQL, NoSQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB, HBAse, Red Linux, Putty, Eclipse, Openstack, GIT.
- Managed Amazon Web Services for the configuration and deployment of all the required infrastructure, administrative tasks.
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 virtual instances in cloud by implementing Auto scaling and Elastic load balancing to manage the Load on the Servers.
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Automation and optimization of the development and platform management lifecycle.
- Establishment of continuous integration (CI) pipeline to fully automate deployment of the highly available, mission critical cloud platform that supports our connected products.
- Building tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshooting and resolving issues in our development, test and production environments.
- Up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, analyzing trends and opportunities to ensure we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
- Automation process with popular scripting languages, integrating with third party api’s. (python, ruby, powershell, bash)
- Designing, managing, and maintaining tools to automate operational processes.
- Creating self-service capabilities for developers to write and manage microservices, automate provisioning and monitoring of a global deployment of microservices.
- Used Kubernets and Dockers for hybrid deployment
- Configure and administer our API developer portal and API gateway, Hands on monitoring and operations using cloud based technologies such as Kubernets.
Environment: PHP, AWS, Python, Node.js, and/or Ruby, ), Websphere, IBM Portal Server,Dockers, Kubernets, JBoss, Weblogic, Apache, Tomcat, SunOne, IIS, NGINX
- Writing, testing, and refactoring Python code.
- Work in an Agile environment
- Design databases and other storage systems for resilience and speed
- Participating in code review and scrum meetings
- Collaborating with the Operations team to tackle the high scalability challenges that come with rapid growth.
- Supports management with technical performance data from the configuration management process.
- Responsible for development and operations support of change and configuration management tools.
- Feeding the efficiently through our text analysis pipeline, in batches or in ongoing streams.
- Participated in all phases of Python development.
- Understand, troubleshoot, and debug customer issues to ensure they realize maximum value from Red Hat's OpenShift.io
- Partner with the Eclipse Che and Open stack Origin communities to develop and review patches and test cases
- Guide customer-facing support cases, exceed customer expectations, and provide outstanding customer service
- Maintain technical knowledge of all aspects of our technology and market, developed solutions that leverage and integrate existing open stack technologies
- Share your knowledge gained from troubleshooting issues by contributing to the global Red Hat knowledge management system
- Work closely with Red Hat development engineering and assist production support engineers and technical account managers
- Maintain a commitment to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat customers