- DevOps Engineer with over 8+ years of experience as a hand - on Build/Release Engineer, Infrastructure integrator and System administrator.
- Proven strong experience in automating, configuring and deploying instances on AWS, RackSpace, Azure cloud environments and Data centers, also familiar with EC2, S3, ELB, Cloud watch, SNS, Elastic IP’s and managing security groups, IAM on AWS.
- Expertise to automate the code Integration and deployment also use Elastic Beanstalk, Lambda, CodeCommit, CodeDeploy, Code pipeline, Cloud Formation, OpsWorks.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet. Familiar with build server orchestration using mCollective.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Experience in building newOpenStack Deployment through Puppet and managing them in production environment.
- OpenShift virtualized PaaS provider - useful in automating the provisioning of commodity computing resources for cost and performance efficiency. Used Puppet, Ansible to assist in building automation policies.
- Migration & deployment of applications with upgrade version of Application & Hardware, MS build, batch script, IIS and Jenkins Administrator.
- Exposure to Mesos, Marathon, Consul and Zookeeper cluster environment for application deployments &Docker containers.
- Ability to work in groups or one on one to conduct deep dive training in Agile and DevOps methodologies.
- Experienced in all phases of the software development life-cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Working with setting up ElasticSearch Cluster, Kibana, Logstash and Topbeat using CHEF cookbooks and integrating with current environment. Developing CHEF scripts and integrate with different databases and cloud services.
- In-depth understanding of key DevOps practices including but not limited to: Continuous Planning, Continuous Testing, Continuous Build & Integration, Continuous Deployment & Delivery and business understanding for full-cycle project and post-implementation problem-solving requirements
- Wrote custom monitoring and integrated monitoring methods into deployment processes to develop self-healing solutions.
- I managed a team to be familiar and utilize NewRelic monitoring Java, Python and C++ APIs. Support mesos, chronos, zookeeper, Spark and docker. Daily, I'm exposed to and familiar with CI/CD processes and working with developers to deploy tools like git, bower, shippable and travis ci.
- Experience in working on version control systems like SVN, Confidential, GIT, Harvest, ClearCase and Git hub, Strong troubleshooting skills and system methodologies to analyzes faults and runs diagnostic tests on OS and software stacks.
- Excellent hands on with configuring & managing the monitoring tools like DynaTrace, Splunk, Extrahop, Gomez, Truesight, Graphite, Omniture& few custom tools enhancing the monitoring process.
- Working experience with Anthill Pro, an Application Life Cycle Management ALM Tool (End to End Automation Tool).
- Expertise in Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python for Environment Builds and Automating Deployment on WebSphere Application Servers and WebLogic Application Servers.
- Build scripts using Ant, Maven, Gradle build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory repository Managers for java builds.
- Involved in the functional usage and Deployment of Applications in Web Logic, Web Sphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, BuildForge, Bamboo and AnthillPro for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Worked with different Bug Tracking Tools like Remedy, JIRA and ClearQuest.
- Experienced in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Mentored and trained all the project team to work with TFS including project management for all .NET applications.
- Team player with excellent Interpersonal Skills, Self-Motivated, Dedicated and Understanding the Demands of 24/7 System Maintenance and has good Customer Support Experience.
MAC: OS, Windows XP, Linux, UNIX, Windows NT, Ubuntu, Windows2000, MS-DOS, Google Android
Languages: C, C++, JAVA, .net
Database: MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL(DynamoDB, MongoDB)
Confidential, Monroville, PA
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our projects.
- Using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration tool. Installing and configuring Jenkins Master and hooking up with different build slaves.
- Used Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments.
- Worked on building data center with AWS. Installed SVN, GIT, Jenkins images on AWS.
- Maintaining the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, SES and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Configured and Setup a chef development server to test pre-production chef cookbooks in an automation pipeline
- Migrated multiple single servers to clusters /HP Blade Servers, Physical servers to VM's on Hypervisor.
- Provisioned and patched servers regularly using Chef. Well versed with many different concepts of Chef like Roles, Environments, Data Bags and encrypting them with Vault, Chef Push jobs, Knife, Chef Server Admin/Organizations, Replication of Chef Servers, Terraform.py, ERB Templates etc.
- Written Chef cookbooks and recipes to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Deployment automation, AWS EC2 instance mirroring, WebLogic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Written several cookbooks which include recipes to perform Installation and Configuration tasks involving jdk, tomcat, WebLogic binaries installation and domain creations.
- Built Chef Development workflow and best practices around configuration management as well as building a strong and diverse internal Chef community.
- Provisioned and patched servers regularly using Ansible.
- Contributed/Maintained by writing Groovy/Gradle based plugins for enhancing existing builds system
- Wrote a single Gradle Script Builder script to convert projects in bulk using templates.
- Conducted POCs with Docker based applications server configurations in Amazon Web Services Cloud.
- Management of virtual technologies like VMWare Server/ESX and Microsoft HyperV / Virtual Server
- Knowledge of Cloud Native Design
- Troubleshooting and monitoring of various proprietary Acxiom and 3rd party applications using Cloud Watch in the Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment.
- Worked on infrastructure with Docker containerization and maintaining Docker Images and containers.
- Ansible Playbooks for zero-downtime installation, upgrade, downgrade, and uninstall processes (MongoDB, Redis and MySQL).
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Achieving Continuous Integration and Deployment by integrating Jenkins with Version Control System (VCS) to perform build process. We are currently using GIT as a VCS and also we use STASH tool as a User Interface on top of GIT.
- Delivered Android product on time by quickly adapted to GIT system from Clear case, working with product team to setup GIT repository and build branch, customizing release scripts.
- Integrating Issue tracking system into the build process will make the work flow much more efficient. We are currently using JIRA as an Issue tracking system.
- As most of our code is developed using C, C++ and Embedded C, we use different sets of compilers to build the code and some projects use IDE’s such as Green hills, Microsoft Visual Studio. Installing and configuring necessary plugins to integrate with IDE’s and build tools.
- Ensured the success of automation Smoke test for Android products on several Linux machines by maintaining automation test scripts and configuration file.
- Well versed with setting up tools like Splunk, Dynatrace and Gomez tools to ensure proper monitoring & alerting is in place for every sprint releases.
- Developing scripts for generating Server Info weekly reports, Backup and maintenance of different servers around the globe.
- Provide support, including process documentation, training face to face and over the phone for systems and applications
Environment: Sun Solaris, UNIX, windows, Android, Confidential, Git, AWS, Java, Ruby on rails, Python, Eclipse, Ant, Jenkins, Maven, Install Anywhere, Hyperv, Chef, Fisheye, Tomcat Apache Application Serve.
Confidential, Berkeley, NJ
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion and converting to Maven build projects
- Developing pom.xml files for Maven build scripts Configure of Multiple servers using Puppet.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process. Configured Bamboo for doing the build in all the non-production and production environments.
- Migrating Projects from Svn to GIT Stash.
- Managed GIT, GIT Stash and SVN as Source Control Systems
- Merging release branches back to trunk after the production release and resolving of conflicts during merging in both Confidential and Subversion
- Updating the instance counts in the production for the services of Red box in the Production Azure Subscription. working as a technical lead on implementing corporate websites in Microsoft Windows Azure(Cloud) environment as PaaS system.
- Design, Development of Web Application, Web Role, Worker Role and Service Bus in Windows Azure environment using .NET (2013) technology in C# & MVC with Web Services using Web API, REST and WCF and with source control TFS as cloud service.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Developed Azure API Management (APIM) Publisher portal and Developer portal for hosting APIs
- Developed Azure Active Directory (AAD) authentication and OAuth authorization for API security.
- Created Azure PowerShell script for APIM backup and restore operations.
- Worked with open stack and OpenShiftcartridge technologies and tools as well as managed their integration with application.
- Implementation of clod services TaaS, PaaS, and SaaS which include OpenStack, Docker and OpenShift.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager's for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects
- Carried out deployments and builds on various environments using Puppet continuous integration tool
- Well versed with user and plugin management for Puppet
- Used OpenStack client (nova, neutron, cinder, swift and keystone) to manage OpenStack resources for applications
- Provided infrastructure support and user support for OpenStack based private cloud
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Performed daily Sanity testing, Asset testing, Android CTS testing, GMS testing using Test central, bota testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, Android App and GUI testing, Modem KPI and stability, LTE data throughput testing on the AP product releases.
- Worked closely with development team and SQA team for product releases
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions
- Automation of daily tasks using Shell, PowerShell, Python and Perl scripts
- Deployed the static content to apache web servers and applications to Tomcat Application server
- Used JIRA as a Change Management/ Work Management/ SCRUM Agile Tool
- Build, configured and support Application team environments
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes
Environment: OpenStack, SVN, GIT, Confidential, ANT, OpenShift, Maven, Bamboo, Puppet, Ansible, Android Testing, Docker, Microsoft Windows Azure, Tomcat, PowerShell, Python, Perl, Nexus, and JIRA
Confidential, New York, NY
- Developed build and deployment processes for Pre-production environments.
- Release Execution using Jenkins CI/CD & ‘git’.
- Working with Network team for Virtual IP & ACL management.
- Coordinating with developers for development & staging environment.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Confidential /Subversion repositories and the access control strategies
- Rewire Project specific Hardware Retirement & Maintenance.
- Managing the code migration from TFS, Confidential and Star team to Bitbucket repository.
- Proficient with Jenkins for continuous integration of End-to-End automation for application build and deployments.
- Scripts using Ant and Maven for J2EE and MSBuild in .NET, setting up subversion (SVN) and GIT. Test Manager to manage build artifacts and SCM activities.
- AIX, UNIX, Windows administration, primarily software installation and maintenance.
- Created Automated Deployment using Bamboo.
- Migrated Physical Servers to the VM's on Hypervisor and cross platform migrations from Solaris and Linux.
- Preparing Run Books for On-Call to resolve monitoring alerts.
- Yahoo specific tools to manage hosts using Igor (similar to puppet/chef), yinst (similar to yum), vipman (for VIP management), pogo (similar to GNU Parallel), Yamas (a monitoring tool like nagios) and bootbox (tool for managing host shutdowns & reboots)
- Coordinating with Datacenter Site-Ops teams for hardware repairs & decommissions.
- Automation using Bash shell scripting & python.
- Fine tuning & configuring yApache (customized Apache web server) and YTS (Apache Traffic Server) settings.
- MySQL backups using ‘mysql dump’ &PerconaXtraBackup utilities.
Environment: Jenkins, GIT, Linux,Unix, Subversion, Apache Traffic Tunning, Bootbox, CVSAnt, Maven, J2EE,MSbuild, .NET, Bamboo, Nagios, MySQL, Shell, Python, CVN, Teamcity, Bamboo.
Confidential, Arlington Heights, IL
SCM Build & Release Engineer
- Install/configure and maintaining Redhat/CentOSLinux cluster and responding to server outages.
- Duty including the procurement, troubleshooting and manage server room power/temperature problems.
- Implement and maintenance RAID array storage systems by fine tuning Bash shell scripts and adding cron jobs to better system performance tuning and automate archiving system with cron jobs.
- Applying organization security policies to harden Linux by patching and removing, users, services.
- Watch and monitor the health of server/desktop systems that setup Ganglia to see clusters' performance.
- Handling second level escalation of all server related queries, Worked and maintained the centralized Veritas backup of the exchange messaging system
- Support Production/development and Testing systems,UNIX system upgrading and UNIX Network configuration.
- User/group maintenance In-house process control initiatives including IT Services Management, worked with LDAP integration for a single log on purpose.
- Worked with active directory and exchange set up in the environment with both 2000 and 2003.
- Regularly install the latest patches on the servers. Maintained active directory and worked on migration from 5.5 to 2000. Installing, configuring and troubleshooting LINUX operating systems
- System administration of critical Solaris and Linux servers. Responsible for the 24-hour availability and security of the network and servers
Environment: UNIX/LINUX, Solaris 8/9, Redhat Linux 4, CentOS, Windows, Veritas, LDAP integration, NetBackup, Oracle 8.0, Tivoli, Apache Tomcat, Shell Scripts.
Confidential, New York City, NY
UNIX/Linux System Administration
- Set up and configuring of Linux (RedHat& SUSE) and Solaris servers/workstations for clients.
- Configuring the NFS servers, setting up servers in network environment and configuring FTP/NTP/NIS servers, clients for various departments and clients.
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments.
- Handling the scheduling tasks (cron jobs and task scheduler) for the scripts for various purposes.
- Troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Daily execution of build ops in an automated and continuous process.
- Involved in support databases and performed MS SQL upgrades running on Windows servers.
- Compiling code to move into test environments via automated processes.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux (RedHat/SUSE, Centos).
- Troubleshoot build and deploy failures, and facilitate resolution.
- Configuring network services such as DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP for UNIX/Linux Servers.
- Improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the continuous integration environment.
- Logged all events to log files.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Windows based systems including hardware, software and applications.
- Creating a change requests, work orders and problem tickets using BMC Remedy tool and getting approvals from higher officials.
- Experience in development with Perl, Python, PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- On-call support for 24/7 for troubleshooting production issues.
- Project Management for various UNIX/Linux/Windows system integration projects.
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, AIX and Windows, ShelliPlanet4.1, Python, BMC Remedy, SunOne 6.1, IIS 6.0, Windows 2008, Linux, Shell Scripting, Oracle 9i.