- Highly Proficient with 8 years of experience in IT Industry with a major focus in Linux Administration, DevOps Engineering, Cloud Engineering and in automating, building, and deploying code on Servers.
- Good understanding of the principles and the best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile (SCRUM) and Waterfall methodologies .
- Experience in designing AWS, Azure, Openstack, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) cloud models for Infrastructure - as-a-Service ( IaaS ), Platform-as-a-Service ( PaaS ) and Software-as-a-Service ( SaaS ).
- Worked with optimization of Server resources, Amazon Elastic Cloud instances and Website security, Web services, Chef and Ansible.
- Experience in Infrastructure Maintenance and Operations, involved in designing and deployment and utilization of the AWS stacks like EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, CloudFormation, CloudWatch, SNS and Route 53.
- Experience in automating cloud infrastructure provisioning with CloudFormation and Terraform templates.
- Experience in authoring Azure Resource Manger templates, Configuring the Azure Load Balancer to Load balance incoming traffic to virtual machines.
- Experience in deploying, troubleshooting Nova, Neutron, Keystone, Cinder, Swift, Glance, Heat component of OpenStack on various versions Icehouse, Kilo, Newton, and Ocata .
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and set new development.
- Expertise in creating Networking policies for Docker containers using Docker weave . Worked on container orchestration tools like Docker swarm , Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Created and Managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins and managed the Docker containers from Docker console and run the application life cycle.
- Experience in Virtualization using VMWare , Vagrant and container services like Docker , Kubernetes and managed servers on AWS platform instances using Chef.
- Experience in configuration management tools like Chef , Puppet , Ansible to automate the repetitive tasks, quickly deploy critical applications, and enthusiastically managed the changes.
- Experience in writing Chef Cookbooks and recipes to automate the deployment process and integrating Chef Cookbooks into Jenkins jobs for a continuous delivery framework.
- Worked on Ansible Tower to automate repetitive tasks, to deploy critical applications quickly, and proactively manage the changes.
- Experienced in using Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Users Mount Points, and Packages and created Ansible roles and playbooks to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the new infrastructure.
- Experienced in Continuous Delivery setups with Puppet by creating manifest and maintain templates for different environments and migration of shell scripts into Puppet Manifests .
- Worked on Puppet , Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management of existing infrastructure.
- Worked in an Agile environment developing CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins , Maven Builds, Artifactory, JUnit testing and deployments using multiple Jenkins plugins.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN , ANT and Gradle for the building of deployable Artifacts such as war and ear from Source Code and automated Web and J2EE applications to the above platforms.
- Experience in optimizing indexes, creating dashboards using ELK stack. (Elasticsearch Logstash Kibana).
- Dexterity in Branching, Merging, Tagging and Maintaining the versions across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Bitbucket .
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios, iCinga for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Involved in JIRA as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plugins for JIRA bug/issue tracker, integrated Jenkins with JIRA , GitHub .
- Experienced in installation configuration and management of RDBMS Oracle, DB2 and DynamoDB, MongoDB .
- Wrote Ruby, Python, Perl, Shell Scripts to deploy the java packages like ear and war on the WebLogic App server.
- Configured network services such as DNS, DHCP, NFS, Send Mail, Apache Web Server, Samba, RPM, HTTP/HTTPS, FTP, NFS, SMTP, SSH and LDAP package management.
- Implemented and administered VMware ESX 5.x for running the Windows , CentOS , SUSE and Red hat Linux Servers on development and test servers using VMWare infrastructure client and vSphere.
- Dealt with Linux Utilities: KICKSTART, AUTOFS, Quota Management, wrappers, User Management, Process Management, Memory Management, and Text processing tools, Log Management, Package Management, Disk Management and Swap Partition/Files Management.
- Created Shell and Python Scripts to automate creation of AMI's through preboot and bootstrapping techniques.
- Worked on web servers such as Apache HTTP server, NGINX , Apache TOMCAT . Worked on application servers such as Oracle WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, JBoss.
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services(AWS), Azure, OpenStack, PCF, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
VMware ESX/ESXI, Windows Hyper: V, vSphere 5.x, Virtual Box, Citrix Xen, KVM.
Operating Systems: RHEL, CentOS, Fedora, SUSE LINUX, Windows, Ubuntu, Solaris.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo
Application/Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Logic, WebSphere, Apache, ngnix, IIS
Database Technologies: DB2, SQL Server, MySQL, RDS, NoSQL, MongoDB, Cassandra DB, DynamoDB
Scripting languages: Ruby, Python, Perl, HTML5, PHP, Bash/shell Scripting, PowerShell, YAML, JSON.
Networking/Protocol: FTP/SFTP, SMTP, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, NDS, DHCP, NFS, Cisco Routers, Juniper Routers
Version Control Tools: GIT, Bitbucket, SVN, CVS
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana(ELK), CloudWatch, CloudTrial, Dynatrace
Volume Manager: VERITAS Volume manager, LVM
Sr. Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Authored Lambda functions in python to provision cloud infrastructure to spawn EC2 instances for periodic loads.
- Worked on AWS Auto Scaling for providing high availability of applications and EC2 instances based on the load of applications by using CloudWatch in AWS.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python , Ruby , and familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Deployed web applications and configured AWS WAF behind AWS CloudFront in such a way that it protects the deployed web application from SQL injection attacks.
- Created Cloud Formation template stacks to automate for building new VPCs using JSON files.
- AWS Lambda functions were added to import IP Address Reputation Lists (ARL) to automatically update AWS WAF IP blacklists.
- Worked with GitHub private repositories and creating S3 backups by enabling versioning and moved objects to Amazon Glacier for archiving purpose.
- Deployed OpenStack on Ubuntu MAAS Juju environment, Deploying the OpenStack components on multimode with High availability environment and Integrated OpenStack (Mitaka) with OpenStack to create software-Defined-Networking tenant and service provider network and routers.
- Written automation scripts for creating resources in OpenStack Cloud using Python and terraform modules.
- Used Cinder to enable persistent storage for applications like databases deployed in OpenStack and implemented horizontal Auto Scaling use cases using OpenStack components - Heat, Ceilometer.
- Managed both enterprise as well as on premise chef server and installed chef client using bootstrap script and created run list using Terraform module for chef provisioning.
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of Chef cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Created cron jobs for chef client to interact with the chef server on timeperiod basis.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and ran Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments using Terraform and maintained Docker as Elastic Container service (ECS).
- Worked on Docker hub, creating Docker images, and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes , creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Build out server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins for deployment and build management system.
- Configured POM.xml file to manage Maven plugins such as Maven build plugins and Maven Reporting plugins and resolve Maven dependencies required for the project.
- Managed all the bugs and changes into a production environment using the Jira tracking tool.
- Performed code line GIT pushes (releases) to production and customer servers and Developed and improved GIT push scripts.
- Used GIT to resolve merge conflicts, created cloud repositories to sync the workstation console locally.
- Configuring and managing an ELK stack, setup the Elastic search ELK Stack to collect, search and analyze log files across the servers and created optimized indexes and derived analytics on Elasticsearch data.
- Implemented and configured Nagios for continuous monitoring of applications in the production environment and enabled notifications via emails and text messages.
- Wrote python scripts to parse XML and JSON documents and load data to the database.
- Installed and managed RPM and YUM package every quarter regularly to meet audit requirements, patch and other server management. Installed and configured KVM hypervisor, build servers using Kickstart and Jumpstart.
- Worked with application/database team to resolve issues for performance Tuning and Management of Linux/AIX servers.
Environment : RedHat Linux, AWS, Openstack, Chef, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Kickstart, Jumpstart, Terraform, Kubernetes, Maven, Ruby, Python, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Virtualization, Apache HTTP server 2.4, Nginx, LDAP, JDK1.7, XML, Git, NagiosS .
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
- Involved in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on Azure Cloud environments.
- Designed, configured and deployed Microsoft Azure for a multitude of applications utilizing the Azure (Including Compute, Web & Mobile, Blobs, ADF, Resource Groups, HD Insight Clusters, Azure SQL, Cloud Services, and ARM), focusing on high-availability and auto-scaling.
- Created and Deployed web application that scale with business using Azure Web apps . Worked on Azure migration such as creating Azure VMs, storage accounts, VHDs and storage pools.
- Implemented Azure SQL Server for storing the data related to the recruitment and extensively worked on queries and stored procedures.
- Create Cache Memory on Windows Azure to improve the performance of data transfer between SQL Azure and WCF services.
- Designed, deployed and integrated Pivotal Cloud Foundry on Microsoft Azure .
- Worked with PCF Oauth2 server and PCF login server to provide identity management.
- Configured PCF nsync , PCF BBS , and PCF Cell Repo to keep application running.
- Worked with PCF Blobstore for storing and managing Application code packages, Buildpacks .
- Managed the lifecycle of containers and processes running using PCF Diego cell rep .
- Written Chef Cookbooks , recipes to automate installation of Middleware Infrastructure like Apache Tomcat, JDK and configuration tasks for new environments etc.
- Configured Chef Kitchen to automatically test Chef Cookbook data across any combination of platforms and test suites. Configured Chef Infra, Boot strapping nodes, creating and uploading recipes, node convergence in Chef SCM .
- Written the Ansible YAML scripts to configure the remote servers and Implemented Ansible playbooks for installing apache, Nginx web servers, DB and app servers like MySQL, JBoss . Configured Ansible patterns to decide which hosts to manage the configuration.
- Wrote scripts to create Kubernetes cluster with RHEL and Vagrant. Defined Kubernetes services to discover and proxy requests to appropriate Minion.
- Managed local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Created Docker images using a Dockerfile , worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing docker volumes.
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx .
- Scheduled the Linux Cron jobs and Jenkins jobs for build automation. Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Deployed and troubleshoot of various Jenkins issues. Installed and uninstalled, upgraded and downgraded various plugins in Jenkins .
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Groovy and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Assisted developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling conventions using GIT source control.
- Managed Code Repository by, maintaining code repository in GIT , improve practices of branching and code merge to custom needs of development team.
- Used Splunk to monitoring/metric collection for applications in a cloud environment.
- Configured Kickstart file with partition information such as mount type, file system type and partition size and setup a Jumpstart / Flash and Kickstart servers for provisioning of servers with different profiles.
Environment : Azure, PCF, Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Ruby, Shell, Python, WebLogic Server 11g, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Docker, Virtualization, Nginx, XML, GitHub, Splunk, Nagios.
Confidential, Chattanooga, TN
- Configured and maintained user accounts for development, QA, and production teams and created roles for EC2, RDS, S3, Cloud Watch, EBS resources to communicate with each other using IAM .
- Performed S3 buckets creation, policies and on the IAM role base polices and customizing the JSON template.
- Installed and Configured configuration tool such as Chef Server / workstation and nodes via CLI tools to AWS nodes.
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for Bitbucket and Chef.
- Automated apache-webserver configuration, DB server configuration, SSSD configuration LAMP by writing ruby cookbooks in chef.
- Managed Chef Server in pushing the infrastructure change to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Experienced in deploying the code through web application servers like Apache Tomcat and NGINX .
- Automated the code review process through SonarQube and published the results on Jenkins as well the graph by comparing everyday nightly builds.
- Integrated Jenkins parameterized trigger plugin to pass parameters between jobs during downstream or upstream Jenkins project.
- Created Jenkins jobs to listen for changes in GIT and execute the sequence of targets including Compile, JUnit, create jar and war files.
- Experience with Agile to develop and work with the client to calibrate releases for test deployment.
- Developed Bash shell scripts to automate repetitive tasks.
- Prepared document on process of migrating Jenkins jobs from development environment to production server .
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN and Gradle as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Monitoring CPU, memory, physical disk, Hardware and Software RAID, multipath, file systems, network using NAGIOS monitoring tool.
- Set up Splunk to capture and analyze data from various layers Load Balancers, Web servers and application servers.
- Built and deployed J2EE application in JBoss in an agile continuous integration environment using Python scripts .
- Ensured correct installation, the configuration of Active Directory systems, includes policy implementation, DHCP and DNS .
- Configured and Build Red Hat Linux Servers using Kickstart server as required for the project.
Environment: AWS, RHEL, Solaris, Python, JBoss, Chef, Nagios, Splunk, Kickstart, Jenkins, Ruby, GIT, Veritas, Gradle, Maven, Bash/shell scripts, JIRA.
Build / Release Engineer
- As a member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting, on UNIX platform.
- Setting up the build and deployment automation for Java base project by using Bamboo and ANT .
- Responsible for creating and deploying builds on various Web Logic environments, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Creating builds using PowerShell Scripts, ANT scripts manually and automated. Automated the Build Process using Bamboo .
- Maintained necessary back-up of the important files and documented Linux scripts for future reference.
- Handling complete Build and Release process including code, documentation and supporting testing team along with the server Administration.
- Work with QA team to facilitate verification of releases. Running multiple builds at a time.
- Created snippets using Atlassian Bitbucket that allow developers to share code segments.
- Created and maintained Bamboo software build plans building Java applications using Maven. Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool ( Bamboo) .
- Used MCollective , Facter , Hiera frameworks to amend the automation pipeline built around Puppet . Created and updated Puppet manifests and modules, files, and packages stored in the GIT repository.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Managed to deliver specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Modeled the structure for multi-tiered applications orchestrate the processes to deploy each tier.
- Have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
Environment : GIT, Ant, Maven, Artifactory, Tomcat, Web Sphere, VMware, Bamboo, Linux, JBOSS, Shell, Perl Scripting, Nexus, JIRA, puppet.
- Experience in Installation, Configuration, Upgrade, Patches, and performance tuning on UNIX and system software & hardware.
- Strong understanding in writing the automation of processes using the shell script with bash and Python
- Building servers with jumpstart using Kickstart, CD on timely basis, along with corporate wide requirements
- Administering local and remote servers on daily basis, troubleshooting and correcting errors.
- Experienced with inter networking using TCP/IP and resolving network connectivity using tools like dig, nslookup, ping.
- Monitoring of web servers and other services using Nagios monitoring tool.
- Involving and partitioning formatting disks and in filesystem management as Software RAID, LVM and VxVM.
- Installing and configuring various servers as Apache web server, HTTP server, Samba.
- Production support of Apache, Apache HTTPD, JBoss, Tomcat and Oracle Web logic 10.3 application servers including installation, configuration, and management and troubleshooting. Strong experience in VM environments like XEN, KVM, Oracle Virtual Box and VM Ware 5.0.
- Database administration of MySQL, Oracle or equivalent Data Base programs.
- Installed and configured various services like DNS, LDAP, DHCP, RPM, Send mail, Apache Web Server, Web Logic, NIS, SSH, Tomcat, Telnet, HTTP, HACMP, GPFS, SSL, NetApp, RPM Package Management and others.
- Debugged network connectivity issues and involved in trouble shooting activities with commands ping, trace route, tcpdump, nslookup, netstat, IOstat, top.
- Configured Application servers like Apache and MySQL along with scripting languages PHP on Linux for LAMP Stack on Dev/QA boxes.
Environment: Linux (RHEL 5.x/6.x), Solaris 9/10/11, RedHat Satellite Server, Apache Tomcat, Kickstart, Bonding, RAID, WebSphere, SQL, Agile, WebLogic, Subversion, Samba, NFS, FTP, LVM, Tomcat, Apache, bash, python, LAMP.
- Worked as a System Administrator responsible for virtualization; used VMware ESX server 3.5, 4.0 VMware workstation virtualization suite.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell and Python . Used Python to integrate third party application on windows.
- Converted Linux systems from local password authentication to LDAP and NFS homes significantly increasing administrative efficiency.
- Configured Linux Kickstart on multiple servers for network installation and Perform regular installation of patches using RPM and YUM .
- Created Virtual Machines' templates using VMWare ESXi.
- Integrated Nagios Event handlers such as logging event information to database and restarting failed services with Nagios to proactively fix problems.
- Used Logical Volume Manage ( LVM ) to create disk groups, volumes, volume groups, and used RAID's tools for backup and recovery.
- Managed TCP/IP packets & DHCP servers, resolved TCP/IP network access problems for the clients and worked with various TCP/IP implementations like NFSv4 , NIS , DNS and DHCP .
- Experience in Installation of SSL Certificates, keystore certificates for WebSphere application and WebLogic application servers Firewall configuration using IP tables and worked with SELinux configuration.
- Perform daily maintenance routines on Linux servers, monitoring system access, managing file space and tuning the system for optimum performance.
Environment: RHEL, CentOS, Kickstart, jumpstart, Shell, Python, LDAP, NFS, WebSphere, WebLogic, Nagios.