Devops Engineer Resume
- 9 years of experience in experience in IT industry with expertise in AWS, Software Integration, DevOps Build & Release management, Linux/windows Administration and Configuration management.
- AWS certified Solutions Architect Associate and professional, AWS certified SysOps Administrator Associate and Oracle certified JD Edwards CNC Admin.
- Experience with DevOps essential tools like Chef, Ansible, Jenkins, Bamboo, Git, maven, Docker, and Linux/Unix system administrator with RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian and VMware V - Sphere ESX/ESXi environment.
- Strong Experience in DevOps Environment in Automation, configuration and deployment of instances on Various Cloud Services AWS and OpenStack.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, administration, troubleshooting, tuning, security, backup, recovery and upgrades of Win 2003/2008/2012 Server & Linux (Red Hat based 5/6/7 and Debian based) in a large environment.
- Experience in migrating P2V, V2V servers and Experience in data migration from On-Premises to cloud using AWS Import/Export service.
- Implemented DevOps tools suites like Subversion(SVN), GIT, CVS, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Chef, Ansible, Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Nexus Artifactory & Nagios in traditional environments & cloud environment
- DevOps Practice for Micro Services Architecture using Kubernetes to orchestrate the deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers.
- Strong hands on experience in Amazon web services such as EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancing (Classic/Application), Auto Scaling, RDS, VPC, Route53, Cloud Watch and IAM.
- Build customized Amazon Machine Images (AMI), deploy AMIs to multiple regions and launch EC2 instances using these custom images.
- Strong experience with UNIX/Linux in installing and configuring LVM, RAID, NGINX, Apache HTTPD, Tomcat, Weblogic, MySQL, Oracle, patching, custom log metrics, configured custom Cloud Watch metrics.
- Experience in building multi-Tier, highly available, fault tolerant and scalable applications using AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS RDS, DynamoDB, Elastic Load Balancing and Auto Scaling.
- Hands on experience on using Terraform along with packer to create custom machine images and automation tools like Chef/Ansible to install software's after the infrastructure is provisioned.
- Hands on experience in using ELK (Elastic Search, Kibana, Log stash), Nagios to monitor the resources utilization for each application and applications/server's health.
- Upgraded OpenStack with zero data-loss and configured Backup scripts for storing configuration of all OpenStack services
- Configuration and maintenance of NFS, Samba, Sendmail, LDAP, DNS, DHCP and Networking with TCP/IP on Linux
- Distributed client requests or network load efficiently across multiple servers
- Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, CVS, SVN, Bit Bucket, Perforce.
- Strong experienced in using Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle
- Experienced with Round Robin, Least Connections, IP Hash for Load balancing
- Automated the Applications and MYSQL, NOSQL container deployment in Docker using Python and monitoring of these containers using Nagios.
- Experience in building policies for access control and user profiles using AWS IAM, S3 controls with bucket policies.
- Excellent knowledge of S3 storage strategies such as versioning, life cycle policies, cross region replication and Glacier using command line interface (CLI) and Amazon Management Console.
- Created RDS DB instances using Multi-AG deployments. Tested DB instance Failover using reboot with fail-over.
- Expertise in AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) such as creating users, groups, organizing IAM users to groups, assigning roles to groups.
- Build and configured virtual Data center in Amazon cloud to support Enterprise hosting which includes VPC, public, private subnets, Security groups and Route tables.
- Utilized Amazon Cloud Watch to monitor AWS resources such as EC2 instances, Amazon EBS volumes, Amazon RDS DB instances and Elastic Load Balancers.
- Designed and Created CloudFormation & Terraform templates and also used existing templates to create stack.
- Good experience in migrating applications, servers to cloud and also migrated JD Edwards EnterpriseOne servers to AWS.
- Good experience in admin activities in JD Edwards EnterpriseOne.
- Have good knowledge on monitoring the performance of applications and infrastructure using NewRelic and AppDynamics.
- Infrastructure automation coding in languages such as Python, Shell Scripts, AWS Command line interface and AWS SDKs.
- Providing 24 x7 on-call support on
Cloud Services: Amazon Web Services EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, Autoscaling Services, Glacier, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudFront, Relational Database, Virtual Private Cloud, Route 53, Cloud Watch, CloudFormation, Identity and Access Management and Opswork.
Operating Systems: Redhat Linux 5/6/7, Oracle Linux, Amazon Linux AMI, CentOS, Ubuntu and Microsoft Server.
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA/J2EE, SQL, PL-SQL
Application / Web Server: Apache 2.2.x, Nginix 1.10 and Tomcat-Apache 7, 8, 9, Weblogic.
J2EE Technologies: Servlets, Spring, Hibernte, JSP, JDBC, JMS, EJB.
Tools: Cloud Watch, Vitalize, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, Nexus, Chef, Ansible.
Web Technologies: JDK 1.5/1.6/1.7, HTML, XML, DHTML.
Scripting Languages: Shell scripting and Python.
Database: Oracle 9i/10g/11g/12c, MariaDB, AuroraDB, My SQL, DynamoDB, MongoDB and MS Access.
Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, SOAP, HTTP and HTTPS.
Version Control: SVN, CVS, Git.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures using Amazon Web Services (AWS), which includes VPC, EC2, S3, CloudFront, ELB and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Excellent knowledge in creating multi-tier application hosting environment with Load Balancer, Web servers / Application servers and Database.
- Configured AWS Security Groups which acts as a virtual firewall that controls the traffic for one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Installed and configured applications in DEV, UAT/QA, PROD and DR environments.
- Configured Launch configurations, Auto-scaling groups, target Groups and Classic/Application load balancers.
- Experience in AWS CloudFront, including creating and managing distributions to provide access to S3 bucket or HTTP server running on EC2 instances.
- Build customized Amazon Machine Images (AMI), deploy AMIs to multiple regions and launch EC2 instances using these custom images.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) to securely manage AWS users & groups, and use policies & roles to allow or deny access to AWS resources.
- Configured S3 lifecycle of Applications & Databases logs, including deleting old logs, archiving logs based on retention policy of Apps and Databases.
- Configured and managed AWS Glacier, to move old data to archives based on retention policy of databases/ applications.
- Using Amazon Route53 to manage public and private hosted zones.
- Good Experience on On-Prem virtualization with VMWare, KVM and Oracle Virtualization.
- Configured iDRAC and iLO for remote access and managed servers.
- Experience in migrating JD Edwards EnterpriseOne applications and servers to AWS environment.
- Designed and created CloudFormation and Terraform templates to create stacks and provision infrastructure.
- Maintained Cloudformation, Terraform templates in GIT repository for reusability.
- Assigned AWS Elastic IP Addresses used to work around host or availability zone failures by quickly remapping the address to another running instance or a replacement instance that was just started.
- Automation of OS builds and Application Installation through Chef.
- Configuring Chef to build up services and applications on the instances once they have been configured using cloud formation.
- Installed and configured Redis cache server and configured & created ElasticCache in AWS.
- Installed and configured NGINX, Apache, Tomat, WebLogic, LVM and RAID in Linux Instances.
- Implemented incremental backups and weekly Snapshots of EC2 instances.
- Experience in building customized Docker images and worked with Docker Swarm for containerization clusters.
- Implemented continuous integration with Jenkins, Docker and chef for continuous deployment.
- Configured Clusters with Kubernetes and involved in creating pods, replication controllers, services, deployments, labels, health checks and ingress by writing Yaml files
- Helped to manage 1500+ servers with Chef Environment involved in creating cookbooks.
- Used UNIX/Linux shell scripting to automate system administration tasks, system backup/restore management and user account management.
- Involved in Migration of databases, Webservers, Application Servers, data servers to Cloud
- Monitoring Resources and Applications using AWS Cloud Watch, including creating alarms to monitor metrics such as EBS, EC2, ELB, RDS, S3, and configured notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
- Configured custom metrics for the AWS Cloud Watch for detailed monitoring.
- Installed and configured Nagios for detailed monitoring on Linux instances.
- Experience in using Nagios to monitor the resources utilization for each application and applications/server's health
- Implemented continuous integration using Jenkins. Configured security to Jenkins and also added multiple nodes for continuous deployments.
- Used Shell/Python scripts to automate the deployment process.
- Used Git as version control for scripts and configurations.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework (CI/CD) using GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Chef, Ansible, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Nexus and Nagios.
- Configured pilot CI/CD pipeline using CodeCommit, Codepipeline, Lanbada, Code deploy, ELK stack on AWS
- Backup and restore of databases in oracle and MSSQL Server DB’s.
- Created AWS RDS DB instances Oracle, MySQL, MariaDB and AuroraDB.
- Created SNS topics and managed subscriptions.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and various subnets to implement multi-tier architecture.
- Providing 24 x7 on-call support in troubleshooting issues on on-call rotation.
Environment: EC2, ECS, Auto-Scaling, S3, Glacier, Elastic Beanstalk, ELB, RDS, DynamoDB, VPC, Direct Connect, Route53, Cloud Watch, Nagios, Terraform, CloudFront, Git, Chef, Nexus, Redis, ElasticCache, Python, Shell Scripting, OpenStack, VMWare, KVM, Oracle Virtualization, iDRAC, iLO, Custom AMIs, RedHat, Oracle Linux, Amazon AMI, CentOS, LVM, RAID, Maven, Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, IAM, SNS.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Created automated build and deployment process for J2EE applications and built the workflow for a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Optimized volumes of EC2 instances and implemented backups.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles, users and groups.
- Configure S3 versioning and lifecycle policies and Glacier for backup and archive files
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 autoscaling groups.
- Managed and supported AWS Cloud instances both from the management console and the amazon command line interface.
- Created custom monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloudwatch.
- Building requisite automation for repetitive and complex tasks with scripts to streamline operations.
- Provided technical expertise for continuous development and continuous integration.
- Provided architectural input for system design to improve infrastructures scalability, reliability & adaptability.
- Worked closely with the software development team and other parts of the company to provide a robust, flexible, and scalable platform that enables both product development and new service offering while maintaining security and data privacy.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven and ANT as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Maintained Jenkins servers to deploy code into production & non-production environments
- Collaborated with engineering, PM and Ops resources to provide technical expertise and support on key initiatives for system availability and reliability.
- Managed complex and often mutually exclusive release schedules, facilitating platforms for Business to resolve those conflicts, and preparing all Release Materials.
- Provided 24x7 On Call support for Pre-Production and Production environments.
Environment: JDK 1.6, Core Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, Linux, RESTful, Python, JSON, VMWare, AWS EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Glacier, Elastic LoadBalancers, Cloudwatch, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, MySQL, Oracle DB.
Java Developer /Middleware Administrator
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Contributed in major phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Integrated Spring with Struts to implement MVC pattern and configured managed beans in spring xml.
- Designed and developed presentation layer using Struts
- Worked on Version control management using SVN.
- Utilize the various J2EE Design patterns to develop the Business modules based on the required functionality.
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design using UML including development of class diagrams, Sequence diagrams, and State diagrams and implemented these diagrams in Microsoft Visio.
- Involved in designing Servlets, JSP pages, deploying and testing them in eclipse.
- Used Jira for bug or issue tracking.
- Building and deployment of EAR, WAR, JAR files on development, test and production systems in Tomcat Application Server.
- Creation and administration of Virtual Machines using VMware and virtual box.
- Install and configure Ubuntu, Centos on remote servers and Desktop servers.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Installed and configured Apache/Tomcat web server.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients with putty.
- Created and modified users and groups with SUDO permission.
- Wrote JUnit test case for back-end logic implementation development.
- Designed and implemented the UI components using EXTJS
- Responsible for testing of application on various levels like integration and System testing by utilizing various methodologies
- Developed UI using HTML, CSS, Java Script and AJAX.
- Used Oracle IDE to create web services for EI application using top down approach.
- Worked on creating basic framework for spring and web services enabled environment for EI applications as web service provider.
- Created SOAP Handler to enable authentication and audit logging during Web Service calls.
- Created Service Layer API's and Domain objects using Struts.
- Designed, developed and configured the applications using Struts Framework.
- Created Spring DAO classes to call the database through spring -JPA ORM framework.
- Wrote PL/SQL queries and created stored procedures and invoke stored procedures using spring JDBC.
- Used Exception handling and Multi-threading for the optimum performance of the application.
- Used the Core Java concepts to implement the Business Logic.
- Created High level Design Document for Web Services and participated in review discussion meeting with client.
- Deployed and configured the data source for database in WebLogic application server and utilized log4j for tracking errors and debugging, maintain the source code using Subversion.
- Used Clear Case tool for build management and ANT for Application configuration and Integration.
- Created, executed, and documented, the tests necessary to ensure that an application and/or environment meet performance requirements (Technical, Functional and User Interface).
Environment: Windows, Linux, Rational Clear Case, Java, JAX-WS, SOAP, WSDL, JSP, Java Script, Ajax, Oracle IDE, log4j, ANT, struts, JPA, XML, HTML5, CSS3, Oracle WebLogic.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes