- Having 8 Years of extensive experience on Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end - to-end code configuration, building binaries & deployments of artifacts and entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- In-depth knowledge of Build and Release management methodologies and production deployment which include Compiling, Packaging, Deploying and Application Configurations.
- Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) and Agile Programming methodologies.
- Experienced with enterprise level source control repositories such as Subversion (SVN), IBM Rational Clear Case, CVS, Perforce and Harvest.
- Developed 24/7 disaster recovery mode scripts for perforce and SVN.
- Implemented the migration of SVN to GIT and administered GIT end to end.
- Experienced in Administering SVN.
- Comfortable working in ERP environments.
- Installed, configured, maintained, administered, and enhanced JIRA and Confluence.
- Installed and managed Jira add-on’s.
- Integrated selenium web driver with Jenkins to run full end to end /UI automation resting as part of build process.
- Used selenium to automate manual test cases.
- Performed daily backups of Jira, Confluence, Fisheye, and Crucible to DR sites via shell scripts.
- Good experience in administering version control systems to create daily backups and checkpoint files.
- Strong command on source controller concepts such as Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Expertise in using build tools like Maven and Ant for the building of deployable artifacts such as jar, war,& ear from source code.
- Great understanding on Ant and Maven with respect to their Tags, Tasks and Targets, dependencies and co-ordinates to write pom.xml and build.xml.
- Involved in Migration activities from Ant to Maven to enhance the build process.
- Converted build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Maven.
- Created branching & tagging strategy to maintain the source code in the GIT repository.
- Managed the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository
- Experience working on monitoring tolls like Splunk.
- Expertise in querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Experience in using Nexus and Art factory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Expert in deploying the code through application servers like WebSphere/WebLogic/Apache Tomcat/JBoss.
- Extensively worked with automation tools like AnthillPro, Hudson, Jenkins, Build Forge and Bamboo to implement the automation and their configuration.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Cobertura and Findbugs.
- Deployed IOS Mobile binary files to production Center.
- Experience working with Continuous Integration platforms like Team city.
- Created Build Id for each specific mobile release using Ant Script for IOS.
- Maintained IIS webserver during deployments and production for .net applications using TFS as a source control.
- Created batch files for .net applications to automate the deployments.
- Deployed htm l, css, js files for android mobile applications.
- Deployed applications based on VB script using svn.
- Worked on clearing Akamai cache and Net Scalar server cache in order to get the latest content for mobile applications.
- Good command in working with Tracking tools JIRA, Clear quest Remedy, HP Quality Center and Mirant Tracker.
- Experience working with automation tool chef and Puppet .
- Deployed docker containers via puppet files
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users
Operating System: Windows, UNIX, LINUX (RHEL).
Versioning Tools: Git, Subversion, CVS, Clear case, Perforce and Team Foundation Server (TFS)
Build Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Docker, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, ANT, MAVEN and Build Forge
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC, EBS, S3, AMI, SQS, SNS, RDS, Cloud Watch, Dynamo DB, IAM, VMware.
Languages: Shell Scripting, BASH, Perl scripting, SQL, Python.
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML.
Web Servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
Database: MYSQL, Oracle, DB2.
AWS Cloud Engineer (Dev Ops)
- Creating fully automated CI build and deployment infrastructure and processes for multiple projects.
- Developing scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven, Python and Bash
- Worked on POC Deploying clusters of machines based on Kubernetes on AWS
- Experience of writing & managing Chef Scripts& using Linux automated deployments using Chef.
- Built and managed a large deployment of Ubuntu Linux instances systems with Chef Automation. Wrote recipes, tools, shell scripts and monitoring checks.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Commands, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, IAM through AWS Cloud information templates.
- Used Ruby Rspec framework and wrote test cases for regression and to resolve refactoring problems.
- Installing and Configuring ELK stack using PUPPET for AWS and OnPrem servers.
- Application and System Level Trouble shooting on Linux based Servers.
- Installing and Configuring Monit, AppD & Grafana and Logstash and FileBeat for monitoring and transferring logs to Elastic search
- Experience in designing and deploying AWS Solutions using EC2, S3, and EBS, Elastic Load balancer (ELB), auto-scaling groups and OpsWorks.
- Worked at optimizing volumes and EC2 instances and created multiple VPC instances.
- Experience working with IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Experience in creating alarms and notifications for EC2 instances using Cloud Watch.
- Experience involving configuring S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in glacier.
- Creating Lambda function to automate snapshot back up on AWS and set up the scheduled backup.
- Transformed the manual release procedure for micro services to automation build on Jenkins/Hudson by working with multiple functional teams; provided test and user guideline.
- Experience in source code management tools like Github, Stash and beanstalkapp.
- Worked on creating the Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Experience with NOSQL databases Cassandra and DynamoDB.
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Logstash&Kibana stacks.
- Rolling out Configuration management, Change Management and Requirement management strategies to the development Team.
- Experience with Nagios/Observium/NewRelic monitoring and alerting services for servers, switches, applications and services.
- Worked closely with developers and managers to resolve the issues that were risen during the deployments in different environments.
Environment: AWS EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Dynamo DB, VPC, IAM, Tomcat Apache,Cloud Watch, New Relic, Git, Linux, ELK Stack, Jenkins, Maven, Ansible.
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
AWS Dev OPS ENGINEER
- Configured and championed Reference Architecture for the cloud, which teaches engineering teams design patterns related to AWS.
- Heavily involved in CI/CD process of automating the entire workflow once developer checks in code to dev branch to merge onto Staging & Prod with proper QA Certs.
- Automated Nagios services for database server, web-server, application-server, networks, file sizes, RAM utilization, Disk performances using Python script.
- Developed an auto-scaling architecture which works both in EC2 and on premise data centres.
- Used Jenkins, CHEF, shell scripts to automate the code deployment & automation of continuous integration infrastructure (Bamboo, Stash, GIT and Nexus were also used in this process).
- Involved in Linux system administration and performance tuning. Wrote SHELL SCRIPTS (bash), Python, Perl Scripts to automate the package installation, web server and instance configuration
- Managed and monitored several applications that run on AWS (Auto Scaling) to ensure delivery of optimized IAAS using Cloud Formation template.
- Worked on core AWS services such as Setting up new server (EC2) instances/services in AWS, configuring security groups, and setting up Elastic IP’s, auto-scaling config, and Cloud Formation.
- Created Amazon VPC to create public-facing subnet for webservers with internet access, and backend databases & application servers in a private-facing subnet with no Internet access.
- Created AWS S3 buckets with Standard and Glacier configuration for tape backs. Configured S3 buckets so as dev team can programmatically perform CRUD operations by using the AWS SDKs
- Worked on m3. xlarge instance type for Active Directory and Remote Desktop Gateway instances, and the high-configured instance type for network address translation (NAT) instances
- Wrote SHELL SCRIPTS (bash), Python, Perl Scripts to automate the package installation, web server and instance configuration.
- Worked on Virtual servers including VMware ESX server, Docker, Vagrant and Openvz environments.
- Used to CLOUDWATCH to actively monitoring stats from all of the parts in your AWS solutions.
Environment: EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Cloud watch Dynamo DB, VPC, IAM, Tomcat Apache,Cloud Watch, New Relic, Git, Linux, ELK Stack, Jenkins, Maven, Chef.
Confidential, Austin, TX
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Worked on migrating traditional on-premises infrastructure to AWS cloud services which now hosts 30+ application and 20+ AWS services.
- Utilized Jenkins and Build tools like Maven to ensure the app code is Prod ready and deployed.
- Redesigned existing Amazon AWS infrastructure (EC2, Cloud-Front) to improve security and availability, eliminate single points of failure, and enhance maintainability via simplification.
- Used CLOUD WATCH for AWS cloud resources and the applications that we deployed on AWS (alarm creation, notify service, searching log events/streams).
- Performed Elastic Load Balancing to distribute incoming traffic across multiple EC2 instances (Creating load balance, HTTPS Load Balancers, Monitoring, etc).
- Utilized Cloud Formation Template / Other deployment model that worked for the current environment. Focused specifically around reusable and extensible patterns
- Migrate production hosts from Suse to AWS AMI CentOS, including tuning of kernel, file systems, disk layouts, and authoring custom scripts to facilitate troubleshooting and monitoring of applications
- Written wrapper scripts to automate deployment of cookbooks on nodes and running the chef client on them in a Chef-Solo environment.
- Implemented Chef Server and components installations, including cert imports, increase chef license, creating admins and users.
- Involved in chef infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fix.
- Installed Hosted Chef Supermarket which stores and shares the cookbooks developed within the organization.
- Implemented auto builds (on QA and Dev servers) on our node server environment by configuring in config. Cookbook modules.
- Experience Installing and setting up Oracle Products on Linux for the development team using Chef Cookbooks.
- Deployment and implementation of Chef for infrastructure as code initiative.
- Implemented Auto-Scaling with Chef and Assign chef roles to EC2 instances.
- Extensive exposure to Configuration Management policies and practices with regards to SDLC; along with automation of scripting using BASH/Shell, Perl scripting.
- Expert in configuring and implementing Nagios (or similar) monitoring software.
- Build Results are managed in Jenkins and deployed using workflows in Jenkins.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- Used Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Deployment applications (JAR, WAR, RAR and EAR) and related troubleshooting in clustered environment using Admin console.
- Develop, Maintain, update various script for services (start, stop, restart, recycle, cron jobs) Unix based Korn shell, Bash.
- Work with Docker for convenient environment setup the test environments.
Environment: Solaris, Linux, Eclipse, Java, AWS, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, ANT, Nexus, Perl, Python, Subversion, Bash, Shell, JIRA, XML, SQL.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
Linux Administrator/DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for maintaining Linux servers (RHEL, Ubuntu and Amazon) as well as ensuring the health and stability of the server. This included trouble shooting possible package/library conflicts using various OS, server, and application logs to pinpoint the problem for it to be corrected.
- Used Chef to configure and manage infrastructure. Wrote cookbooks and recipes to automate the configuration setups.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios.
- Configured and maintained LAMP stack on production and staging servers.
- Wrote Perl scripts at server side for web support of LAMP.
- Used Build Tool Gradle for setup of Build Jobs in Jenkins.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWSEC2
- Developed build and deployment script using Ruby and Shell scripting.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring applications in the test environments.
- Created and maintained the Shell/Ruby deployment scripts for tomcat and UNIX servers.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Supported 50+ AWS Cloud instance's and familiar with Amazon Cloud command line management.
- Implemented automations tool Puppet, DevOps monitoring tools in cluster node environment.
- Performed the automation using Puppet Configuration management.
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Worked on variety of Linux platforms Red Hat Linux, Solaris which includes installation, configuring and maintenance of applications on this environment.
- Implemented continuous integration and build tools using Ant, Jenkins, chef, Puppet full automation.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Used JIRA as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
- Used Logical Volume Manager for the management of Volumes including creation of physical and logical volumes on Linux.
- Automating many day to day tasks through Bash scripting.
- Managed, maintained and deployed to test, acceptance and PROD environments.
- Performed tasks on F5 load balancer like ordering new certs, installing and renewing SSL certificates, bouncing servers with performance issues after taking them out of the server pools, ID maintenance, User, Group management for all the UNIX servers
Environment: Windows, Ubuntu, RHEL, AWS, AWS CLI, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Hudson, Maven, ANT, Perl, Python, Ruby, Bash, Shell, LAMP, XML, SQL.
Build Release Engineer
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Provided SCM support on improving SW defect tracking system and code inspection tool for Android SW.
- Delivered Android product on time by quickly adapted to GIT system from ClearCase, working with product team to setup GIT repository and build branch, customizing release scripts.
- Transformed the manual release procedure for Android product to automation build on Hudson by working with multiple functional teams; provided test and user guideline.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion/CVS support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion/CVS Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion /CVS.
- Used ANT as a build tool on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Administered Hudson and responsible for creating new projects and enhancements for old projects.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, regular incremental backups and regular maintenance for recovery.
Environment: Subversion, CVS, Java/J2EE, ANT, Hudson, LINUX, Apache Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell scripts.