- Having over 8 years of experience in distinct roles like AWS/DevOps Engineer, Build and Release Engineer, Linux admin/cloud admin, and Linux administrator.
- Managed Amazon Web Services like EC2, S3 bucket, ELB, Auto - Scaling, SNS, SQS, Dynamo DB, Elastic search, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) through AWS Console and API Integration.
- Developed Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Micro Service Architecture based J2EE applications.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of Source Control Management Systems, such as SubVersion (SVN), Perforce, TFS, GIT and Knowledge of Clear Case.
- Expert in Core Java and implementing concepts like Multithreading, Concurrency, Exception Handling, File handling, IO, Generics and Java collections in various projects.
- Experience in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) which includes development, design, analysis, testing and Integration of various web-based and client/server applications in multi-platform environments with JAVA/J2EE technologies.
- Experience in Infrastructure Development and Operations involving AWS Cloud platforms, EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, AWS EMR, RDS, SES, ELB, Auto Scaling, CloudFront, Cloud Formation, ElasticCache, CloudWatch, Redshift.
- Hands on experience on Terraform a tool for building, changing, and versioning infrastructure safely and efficiently.
- Good understanding of Open shift platform in managing Docker containers using Docker swarm, Kubernetes Clusters.
- Worked on DevOps, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Deployment.
- Participated in an Agile/Scrum team, extensive hands-on experience with quality assurance methods.
- Good working experience with Groovy.
- Strong experience in automating Vulnerability Management patching and CI/CD using Chef and other tools like GitHub, Jenkins, and AWS/Open Stack.
- Coordinated Kafka operational and monitoring (via JMX) with dev ops personnel formulated balancing.
- Experience with Chef Enterprise Hosted as well as On-Premise, Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef-server, managed On-site Applications/ Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3/Route53 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Wrote Ansible playbooks to launch AWS instances and used Ansible to manage web applications, configuration files used mount points and packages.
- Setup Puppet Master, client and wrote scripts to deploy applications on Dev, QA, production environment.
DevOps Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Docker
Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services(AWS)
Scripting Languages: Java, Groovy, Ruby, Python, Shell scripting
Web/App Servers: Web Logic, Web SphereApache Tomcat
Build &CI Tools: ANT, Maven, Hudson/Jenkins, Nexus
SCM Tools: SVN, ClearCase, GitHub
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, MS-DOSWindows 2012,2008 Server
Database: SQL Server, Enterprise NoSQL
Monitoring Tools: Nagios
Virtualization/Container: Docker, VMware
Bug Reporting Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Bug tracker
Confidential, Plano, Tx
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Involved in utilizing almost the entire AWS stack (including EC2, EBS, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, and IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Experience as Cloud AWS Engineer project teams that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Experience in working with Agile Methodologies, Test Driven Documentation, Code Analysis and Data Analysis.
- Worked with Azure Service Fabric Microservices& Worker Roles, Azure Storage, Azure Data Factory, Azure SQL Database.
- Installed and configured Docker containers and orchestration platforms such as ECS and Kubernetes.
- Virtualized the servers using the Ansible for the test environments and dev environment needs.
- Implemented Micro-services using Amazon Web Services platform build upon Spring Boot Services.
- Installed Chef Server Enterprise on-premise/workstation/bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef recipes/cookbooks with test-kitchen/Chef spec.
- Also, used Chef for provisioning the infrastructure and wrote Chef Cookbooks and recipes to provision several pre-production environments.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations, and plug-ins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Deployed microservices with Ansible Playbook in Docker containers
- Worked with Docker images /containers for redirection of ports and Volumes.
- Participated in the building of tools and processes to support the infrastructure performance and capacity.
- Build scripts using MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Worked with programming language Java.
- Design roles and groups using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM). Created users and groups using IAM and assigned individual policies to each group.
- Coding groovy, domain class to handle the business logic.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Docker, Ansible, Jenkins, Maven, Chef, GitHub, Python Scripts, Apache Tomcat, Microservices, Java/J2EE, Web logic, UNIX, VMware, Ansible, Shell, Perl, IAM, S3, EBS, AWS SDK, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, JSON, Puppet.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Responsible for using AWS Console and AWS Command Line Interface for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch.
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer, and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost-effective, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Creating an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Implemented Terraform modules for deployment of applications across multiple cloud providers.
- Experience in design micro-services deployment using Docker.
- Creating S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Created a custom puppet module skeleton to use same structure across all puppet modules.
- Implemented and maintained Chef Configuration management spanning several environments in VMware and the AWS cloud.
- Participate in Scrum of Scrum to ensure cross-team collaboration, coordination of release plans, report overall project status, and upcoming risks/dependencies.
- Created Ansible playbooks for different environments for release and converted Puppet scripts into the Ansible Playbooks.
- Responsible for the creation of scripts using Ant, Python, and Unix by hosting on application servers.
- Supervised a team of developers and implemented automation tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, and GIT for continuous integration.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process for major releases and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Validated SOAP UI and Restful API services.
- Created featured, develop, release branches in BitBucket (Git) for a different application to support releases and CI builds.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker-Hub, Docker-Compose, Docker Registry and Docker Swarm.
- Automatic build/deployment tool utilizing TFS Build Definitions.
- Handled multiple Linux/CentOS servers for application deployment and management.
- Installing and administrating monitoring tools such as Nagios .
- Created JIRA issues to prioritize and take an action on what's important, and stayed up to date with what's going on around the project.
- Maintained JIRA for tracking and updating project defects and tasks.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, Java/J2EE, MAVEN, Cucumber, Gherkin, Gerrit, Dynamo DB, Oracle, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Rest API, ANT, UNIX, Windows 7, Cassandra, Subversion (SVN), Nagios.
- Set up the Domain Name System by configuring the DNS primary, secondary and DNS Clients and configured the database files.
- Utilized Java, Eclipse/ J2EE, tested programming code & Applications, collaborated with team and management.
- Prepared Unit test cases and reviewing test results. Designed and developed front-end using JSP.
- Created detailed design documents using UML (Use case, Class, Sequence, and Component diagrams).
- Completed training project utilizing Spring MVC and JSP to create a basic data modification web
- Diagnose and correct errors within Java/HTML/PHP code to allow for connection and utilization of proprietary applications.
- Using Hibernate 2.0 as a Persistence layer framework.
- Diagnosing and resolving systems-related tasks in accordance with priorities set up in dealing with trouble tickets.
- Setup DHCP, NFS and DNS services on the server and configure them.
Environment: Servlets, JSP, Hibernate, Oracle 10g, Windows, Eclipse 3.3, WebLogic, AJAX, Apache Web Server, WebSphere Application Server 4.0.
Build and Release Engineer
- Involved in the Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Provide 24 X 7 dedicated support to all Production, QA & Development MS SQL Server Environments.
- Prepared Documentation for the Disaster Recovery plan.
- Managing Databases spread across multiple servers in Production, Development, staging & testing environments.
- Responsible for installing and maintaining SQL 2008 R2 Cluster environment and Performed migrations from SQL Server 2005 to SQL Server 2008R2/2012.
- Build Apache Kafka Multinode Cluster and used Kafka Manager to monitor multiple Clusters.
- Build Apache Storm Multinode Cluster.
- Applying existing servers with relevant Service Packs, Hotfixes and any Critical Security Updates released by Microsoft .
- Experience in configuring report manager for creating report subscriptions, snapshots, and caching and optimized Performance and Capacity planning of Various Data processes related to Reports.
- Created Database Management Warehouse.
- Uploaded Reports on to Report manager and Organized them based on Business Rules.
- Developing a BDD methodology using Spock integration with Jenkins to help tame Groovy REST API development efforts.
- Integrated Facebook Connect for Social Network Interaction with Groovy, Gradle and a Web browser automation suite.
- Network troubleshooting in complex environments, VLAN configurations.
- Assist in development, improvement, and maintenance of imaging, deployment solution.
- Administer multiple disjoint Active Directory Forests, Domains, DHCP, DNS and various other Infrastructure services. Trust relationships set up, dc promo and decommission of an AD.
- Updates, patching and software installations via group policies (GPO)
- Racking and patching equipment as needed.
- VMware mixed mode support environment customer test environment.
- Configuration of an active directory in Windows operating system.
- Experienced working with Microsoft Excel, Word and power point
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, T-SQL, Excel, Advanced Windows 2003 Server & PVCS Version Control Management, LINUX, Oracle, Windows server, MySQL, Postgre SQL, SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, Groovy, Kafka, Windows 2008 server, Windows Server 2008(x64).
- Worked closely with the new DBA to develop automation, scaling and configuration management for MySQL Cluster, as well as standard master/slave MySQL segments.
- Managed VMWARE vSphere HOSTS in a HA/DRS Environment with vMotion/ Site Recovery Manager, Replication Manager vRealize Automation Center and Fiber SAN.
- Developed and supported the Red Hat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Redhat, CentOS and Suse Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Installed and configured DCHP server to give IP leases to production servers.
- Management of RedHat Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Applied the Clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Installation, Configuration, and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Sendmail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Configured, managed ESX VM's with a virtual center and VI client.
- Performance monitoring using Sar, iostat, vmstat and MPstaton servers and logged to Munin monitoring tool for graphical view.
- Installed packages with yum and rpm.
- Performed Disk management with the help of LVM (Logical Volume Manager).
- Configuration and Administration of Tomcat/Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, software installation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Redhat Linux.
Environment: Web logic, Tomcat, Apache, Json, Bash, Shell, Red-Hat Linux, Solaris, DBA, Bash, NAS, Send mail, MySQL, puppet, CentOS, LVM, KVM, ESX VM's.
- Installed, configured & handled troubleshooting of Solaris 8/9/10 and Red-Hat 3/4 on Sun Enterprise Servers and AIX on IBM Blade Servers.
- Set up the Domain Name System by configuring the DNS primary, secondary and DNS Clients and configured the database files.
- Administered the Network of 400 UNIX Users using Shell Scripts.
- Monitored the Network and System Performance through VMSTAT, IOSTAT, graphics tool.
- Configured backup and restoration of data from tape in Dump and Tar format using Shell Scripts.
- Implemented backup strategies based on the company policy using Shell Scripts.
- Recovered data from the server after a ROOT file system crash.
- Created and added Swap Space at runtime.
- Part of team for Installation and configuration of DB2.
- Configured additional storage devices, partitioned hard disk based on the project requirement.
- Installed several security packages like SNORT, Tcpd, TCP-wrappers & ASSET.
- Implemented security in systems and network for all Sun Enterprise Servers & Desktop Servers.
- Handled Day-to-Day operation of all servers running Production jobs, Backups, Restores and Report generations.
- Worked with heterogeneous Client & Server management.
- Backed up and restored data from tape in ufs dump, tar, cpio&dd format.
- Configured the Send Mail configuration file, created e-mail ids, created alias database.
- Handled troubleshooting the configuration file, configured the Boot file for the Domain Name Server to boot, configured and updated the Zone database.
- Installed various software packages such as tcpd, ip-filter and patching the appropriate software.
- Planned for storage and backup including studying the disk space requirement and backup device performance.
- Tested and implemented various types of software for backup.
- Used heterogeneous backup software for Windows and UNIX to backup and retrieve file systems without loss of data.
Environment: Sun Fire, RHEL, IBM Blade Servers, IBM xSeries, Compaq, Red-Hat Linux, Solaris, Oracle, Bash, SNORT, NAS, Send mail, DB2, VERITAS Net Backup, VERITAS Volume Manager 3.0, EMC SAN.