To seek opportunities where I can increase my understanding of different businesses and at the same time improve my expertise in functional and technical aspects by working directly with the clients.
- Having 11 + years of Experience in Confidential Mainframe Development, Maintanance & Production Support.
- Having 2 + years of Experience in Confidential Mainframe Testing.
- Currently working as Tech Lead at Confidential Bank Grand Rapids MI USA (Onsite)
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of various phases like requirements, Analysis/Design, Development and Deployment.
- Strong Client Handling, Team Building, Communication, Presentation and Interpersonal Skills.
- Good exposure to project co - ordination skills in Client & Team Management.
- Proficient in DB2, SQL Tuning and Batch Scheduling of Jobs.
- Extensive experience with analysis, design, development, customizations and implementation of software applications and excellent problem solving skills.
- Proficient in analyzing and translating business requirements to technical requirements.
- Domain expertise in Property and Causality (P&C) Insurance, Banking and Certification in INS21.
- Good communication skills, Interpersonal skills, self-motivated, quick learner, team player.
- Worked on Creation of best practice in the ongoing and previous projects.
- Worked on value adds creations in current and previous projects.
- Worked on performance tuning of Mainframe Jobs.
- Worked on Data migration projects involving other Banks Merger.
- Received various customer appreciation emails in current Project.
- Design and Execute Mainframe jobs, Unit Test cases and documentation of the job.
- Worked on Mainframe technologies covering COBOL, CICS, VSAM, SAS, DB2 and EZT.
- Worked on ETL Tool Data stage and Talend.
- Hands on experience to run the job in Tivoli Workload Scheduler.
- Involved in Mainframe COBOL, DB2 coding, job creations, scheduling and debug analysis.
- Involved in creating status reports for client.
- Reviewed the COBOL code and unit test results developed by Off-shore team.
- Creating Reusable components for various validations.
- Involved in handling team and proper distribution and review of work.
- Involved in giving estimation for module/application development.
- Created best practices and process improvement for the project.
- Created data flow diagrams, data mapping from Source to stage and Stage to Target mapping documents indicating the source tables, columns, data types, transformations required and business rules to be applied.
- Documented the complete process flow to describe program development, logic, testing, and implementation, application integration, coding.
- Created Test cases and Involved in System Integration Testing (SIT), User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Unit Integration Testing.
- Worked on Code Migration to Production using Various Version control Tools using Endevor, Changeman, CCF.
- Worked on Disaster Recovery Application Checkout for Projects in a 24/7 Shift, which involves supporting end to end.
- Worked on CICS, DB2 & Z/OS Upgrade Application checkout for Projects.
COMPUTER/ IT. SKILLS:
Programming Languages: COBOL, JCL, Confidential -CICS, REXX
Databases: VSAM, Confidential -DB2, DATACOM
Tools: CA-INTERTEST, ENDEVOR, SPUFI, XPEDITER, FILEAID, FILEMANAGER, AQT, Confidential DEBUUGING TOOL, FAULT ANALYSER, TWS, ESP, CA7
ETL Tool: Talend for data Integration
Operating systems: Z/OS, Windows9X.
OLTP: Confidential -CICS
Confidential, Grand Rapids, MI
Software Development Tech Lead
- Understand the Project Requirements and Participate in Requirement reviews and work on Technical Specification Preparations.
- Provide Technical leadership for Mainframe projects as part of Technical governing council.
- Review and Signoff for offshore Deliverables
- Onsite Tech lead for Mainframe Applications,
- Participate in production go live for Project Releases.
- Work on Incidents, Enhancement Requests.
- Production Support of Mainframe Jobs.
- Take part in Disaster Recovery Exercise for EDW Projects.
- Participate in DB2, Z/OS Upgrade checkout of applications.
- UAT Support for Project Release.
- Worked on value add Initiatives for EDW System.
- Scheduling the Production jobs.
- Creation of Implementation plans for Project Releases.
- Provide Support for Fixing Production data post incident fixes, Project releases.
- Provide on request Adhoc Mainframe Support for Data stage developers by fixing DB2 Table space issues by running image copy jobs, RUNSTATS for db2 Tables.
Project Specific Skills: COBOL, DB2, JCL, DB2 load utilities, Filemanager, AQT, Spufi, Confidential Fault Analyzer, Confidential Data Studio, ISPF, Roscoe, SAS, CCF Tool for Migration, TWS, Data stage 11, Connect Direct, BMC Remedy for Incident / Change request and DB2 Admin Tools.
Confidential, Memphis Tennessee
Software Development Sr. IT Specialist
- Work on analysis and Implementation of fix for Incidents.
- Work of Enhancement Requests.
- Production Support of Application.
- Take part in go live activity of project release.
- Worked on data Migration Project after Acquisition of other Banks merger with acquiring Bank.
Project Specific Skills: COBOL, JCL, CICS, CHANGEMAN, XPEDITER, FILEAID, SPUFI , INTERTEST, Confidential DB2, ZEKE, MQ.
Software Development Sr.Programmer/ Sr IT Specialist
- Responsible for Production Support of Daily Production Mainframe, VB Server Jobs.
- Work on Problem Request which includes Analysis of Problem, Code Fixes & unit Testing
- Involved on Recoveries of Production Data after Code Fix.
- Involved in Monthly Production Moves of Modules, Creation of Change Request, Endevor Package.
- Translate Business requirements into Technical requirements and design documents, establish Specific solutions, and leading the efforts including programming and testing that culminate in client acceptance of the results
- Peer Reviews of Code, Testing Results
- Involved in application checkouts for CICS, Z/OS upgrades in test and Production environment.
- Involved in Disaster Recovery checkout of Applications.
Project Specific Skills: Confidential S/390, Cobol, JCL, DB2, CICS IMS DB/DC, ISPF, Confidential Debugging Tool, File-Aid, QMF, Endevor, DB2 Relational Tool, Confidential Fault Analyser for debugging, FTF, Connect Direct.
Confidential, Novato, CA
- Monitoring of Daily Production Jobs, Production support of Application
- Work on Problem Request which Includes Analysis of Problem, Code Fix and Unit Testing.
- Work on Recoveries of Data.
- Involved in Monthly Production Move of Modules, Which involves creation of Endevor Package and Change Request and Follow up to get the necessary Approval.
- Preparation of Status Report of weekly Deliverable Reports.
PROJECT SPECIFIC SKILLS: Confidential S/390, COBOL, JCL, DB2, CICS, ISPF, Confidential Debugging Tool, FILEAID, QMF, ENDEVOR, DB2 RELATIONAL TOOL.
- Worked as an Application Programmer in DB2 Table Maintenance Team
- Handling Requests for DB2 Table Loading in Development Regions
- Loading & Unloading DB2 Tables using Load/Unload Utilities.
- Involved in Monthly Production Moves of DB2 Data from Development Regions to Production
PROJECT SPECIFIC SKILLS: Cobol, JCL, DB2, ISPF, File-Aid, DB2 Admin Tools, QMF, Endevor .
Confidential, Novato, CA
- Monitoring of Daily Production Jobs.
- Involved in Testing of Applications for Change request, Incident fixes.
- Involved in testing of both Batch and Online systems.
- Creation of Unit Test Plan, SIT Documents and Test Data.
PROJECT SPECIFIC SKILLS: Confidential S/390, COBOL, JCL, DB2, ISPF, File-Aid, QMF, Endevor, DB2 Relational Tool, ESP