- 8+years of experience in planning, designing, developing and implementation in the area of Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud and Java.
- Worked out on an architectural diagram and various UML diagrams before migrating into amazoncloud for flexible, cost - effective, reliable, scalable, high-performance and secured system.
- Hands on experience with an in-depth level of understanding in the strategy and practical implementation of AWS cloud-specific technologies including Elastic ComputeCloud ( EC2 ), Simple Storage Services(S3 ), Route 53, CloudFormation, Elastic IPs, Virtual Private Cloud( VPC ), RDS and Cloud Watch .
- Experienced in Object Oriented Analysis and design Object Oriented Programming using various methods and structures.
- Good experience of AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), different volume types and use of various types of EBS volumes based on requirement.
- Built customized Amazon Machine Images (AMIs) & deployed these customized images based on requirements.
- Granted security and configured user access and limits using AWS Identity and AccessManagement (IAM) by creating new profiles and policies for user management in JSON.
- Worked on a script to rebalance Kafka topics in an automated fashion using ruby and Kafka binaries.
- Configured AWS Multi Factor Authentication in IAM to implement 2 step authentication of user’s access using Google Authenticator and AWS Virtual MFA.
- Dealt with Datacenter migration to Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and provided support to Applications and Database teams.
- Experience in designing and configuring secure VPC through private and public networks in AWS and created various subnets for servers.
- Configured and managed Elastic Load Balancing (ELB) to implement fault tolerance and avoid single point of failure of applications, thus providing high reliability and efficient usage.
- Decent knowledge of the principles and best practices of software configuration management processes, such as compiling, implementing, deploying and application configurations.
- Initiating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc. to take recommended actions for better performance.
- Strong experience in different phases of Software Development Life Cycle(SDLC) including analysis, design, implementation and testing.
- Documenting all the processes, issues caused with solutions, resolved errors and user’s activity in timely manner.
- Experience in tools such as ANT, Maven, Putty, SQL, and JIRA (Defect tracking Tool).
- Experience in LINUX Administration and Production Support of various applications on RedHat Enterprise Linux environment.
- Experience in System Administration, SystemBuilds, Server builds, Installs, Upgrades, Patches, Migration, Trouble shooting, Security, Backup, Disaster Recovery, Performance Monitoring and Fine-tuning on UNIX (SUN Solaris, Red Hat Linux) Systems.
- Experience on RedHat Linux Server& Desktop Environment using through Virtual Machine under VMware.
- Experience in installing, configuring, supporting and troubleshooting Unix/Linux Networking services and protocols like NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, NFS, DHCP, NAS, FTP, SSH and SAMBA.
- Experience in installation and configuration of Web Sphere, Apache, JBoss, and IPlanet, BEA WebLogic, LDAP, and mail servers.
Languages: Java, J2EE, SQL and C/C++
No SQL Databases: Cassandra, MongoDB, Couch Base
Java Technologies: Servlets, JSP, JDBC, JNDI, Java Beans
Development/Build Tools: Eclipse, Ant, Maven, IntelliJ, JUNIT and log4J.
Frameworks: Struts, Spring and Hibernate
App/Web servers: WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat
DB Languages: MySQL, PL/SQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle
RDBMS: Teradata, Oracle 9i,10g,11i, MS SQL Server, MySQL and DB2
Operating systems: UNIX, LINUX, Mac OS and Windows Variants, Cosmos
Cloud Technologies: AWS (Amazon web services) -EC2, S3, Elastic Beanstalk EBS, Elastic Load Balancing ELB, API- Gateway
Testing Tools: HP QC, JIRA, QTP, Load Runner
XML Technologies: XML (SAX, DOM), JSON
AWS Cloud Engineer
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer.
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools.
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts.
- Manage amazon redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well.
- Used AWS Bean Stalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning instances created in AWS cloud.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM,EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and create AMIs for mission critical production servers for backup.
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM), RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud.
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services.
- Defined branching, labeling, and merge strategies for all applications in Git.
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins and Continuous delivery environment.
- Advisor on Groovy technologies including Groovy , Grails, Gradle, Geb and their integration with the J2EE ecosystem.
- Developed Automated BVT regressions for Payment, Risk, Transaction Services and MBA.
- Developed a Grails RESTAPIArchitecture and used it to implement an API with Spock for submitting Test Jobs to an Automated Jenkins Farm and Selenium Grid.
- Automated Gradle/ Groovy to test 18 Jenkins Master\Slaves and a Selenium Hub with 9 Node servers running 12 browsers across 2 platforms for Java and .Net.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Bean Stalk
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins and puppet.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the version control tools.
- Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, & defect tracking on software maintenance tasks/projects
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Manage AWSEC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Involved in importing the real-time data to Hadoop using Kafka and implemented the Oozie job for daily
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Involved in DevOps processes for build and deploy systems.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Grasp the Technical aspects from High level to create Deployment plans, Contingency Plans and which direction to go if they hit a snag.
- Planned release schedules with agile methodology & coordinated releases with engineering &SQA furtively delivery.
- Troubleshoot the automation of Installing and configuring applications in the test environments.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, Linux, Git version Control, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, IAM, ELB, Groovy , Kafka , Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Maven, Subversion, Jenkins, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting.
- Launching Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications
- Create the stack using Cloud Formation Template to launch multiple Instances.
- Installed the application on AWSEC2 instances and also configured the storage on S3 buckets
- Deployed EC2 Instance, adding (EBS) block level storage volume to increase the availability of the website
- Taking Encrypted Snapshots from the Encrypted volumes to create new volumes size.
- Using Simple storage services (S3) for snapshot and Configured S3 lifecycle of Applications & Databases logs, including deleting old logs, archiving logs based on retention policy of Apps and Databases
- Setting up the Elastic load balancer (ELB) to send traffic to all instance in the availability zone.
- Designed a security group for maintaining the inbound and outbound traffic.
- Managed hosted Zone and domain name service using Route 53.
- Using various routing policies in Amazon Route53
- Setup of Virtual Private Networks across Departments with strong Network ACLs at both the Subnet and the Instance level.
- Experienced in transferring data from different data sources into HDFS systems usinproducers, consumers and Kafka brokers
- Involved in developing Hive DDLs to create, alter and drop Hive tables and storm, & Kafka .
- Auto scaling of Web Application instances based on the Cloud watch alarms during sudden increase in network traffic.
- Involved in analyzing existing architecture on premise datacenters and designed to migrate complex Network architectures to AWS Public Cloud.
- Worked with networking teams in configuring AWS Direct Connect to establish dedicated connection to datacenters.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Used Tomcat and WebLogic as standard application servers to deploy web applications.
- Scripting in multiple languages on Linux - Bash Shell, kornshell.
- Analysis of Automated Weekly Instance usage reports and choose the right instance type for applications based on the Network I/O, CPU utilization and RAM
- Monitoring & Metrics - Using Amazon Cloud watch, monitor infrastructure and applications such as EBS, EC2, ELB, S3
- Configure notifications for the alarms generated based on events defined.
- Conduct incident review and root cause analysis, and escalate incidents as appropriate.
- Took Lead on troubleshooting most of the AWS services.
- On-call support for issues related to Linux VMs hosted in AWS and network troubleshooting.
- Managed cost analysis tool to monitor AWS costs
- Environment: AWS EC2, S3, Identity Access Management, EBS, Elastic Load Balancers, Route 53, Cloud watch, GIT, Web logic, Tomcat, AWS IAM, AWS S3, AWS cloud watch, cloud formation, Apache HTTPD,Groovy, Kafka, Apache Tomcat, Json, Bash, Shell
Windows admin/database admin
- Involved in the Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Provide 24 X 7 dedicated support to all Production, QA& Development MSSQL Server Environments.
- Prepared Documentation for the Disaster Recovery plan.
- Managing Databases spread across multiple servers in Production, Development, staging & testing environments.
- Responsible for installing and maintaining SQL 2008 R2 Cluster environment and Performed migrations from SQL server 2005 to SQL server 2008R2/2012.
- Build Apache Kafka Multinode Cluster and used Kafka Manager to monitor multiple Clusters.
- Build Apache Storm Multininode Cluster.
- Applying existing servers with relevant Service Packs, Hotfixes and any Critical Security Updates released by Microsoft .
- Experience in configuring report manager for creating report subscriptions, snapshots, and caching and optimized Performance and Capacity planning of Various Data processes related to Reports.
- Created Database Management Warehouse.
- Uploaded Reports on to Report manager and Organized them based on Business Rules.
- Developing a BDD methodology using Spock integration with Jenkins to help tame Groovy REST API development efforts.
- Integrated Facebook Connect for Social Network Interaction with Groovy , Gradle and a Geb browser automation suite.
- Network troubleshooting in complex environments, VLAN configurations.
- Assist in development, improvement and maintenance of imaging, deployment solution.
- Administer multiple disjoint Active Directory Forests, Domains, DHCP, DNS and various other Infrastructure services. Trust relationships setup, dc promo and decommission of AD.
- Updates, patching and software installations via group policies (GPO)
- Racking and patching equipment as needed.
- VMware mixed mode support environment customer test environment.
- Configuration of active directory in Windows operating system.
- Experienced working with Microsoft Excel, Word and power point
- Environment:SQL Server 2000/2005, T-SQL, Excel, Advanced Windows 2003 Server &PVCS Version Control Management, LINUX, Oracle, Windows server, MySQL, Post gre SQL,SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012,Groovy, Kafka, Windows 2008 server, Windows Server 2008(x64).
Linux Admin / Cloud Admin
- Experience in AWS, which included managing application in the cloud and creating instances.
- Developed AWS Cloud unit scripts to automate deployment of new AWS instances for various server types.
- Created internal tools for customer account management leveraging multi-factor authentication (DuoSecurity).
- Managed and maintained ongoing changes to configuration in Puppet.
- Acted as intern DBA for nine months where the projects include: database split/migration, MySQL clustering.
- Worked closely with the new DBA to develop automation, scaling and configuration management for MySQL Cluster, as well as standard master/slave MySQL segments.
- Designed and built highly available, private AWS clouds.
- Designed and built automated infrastructure using open source tools.
- Developed web applications using AWS.
- Managed VMWARE vSphere HOSTS in a HA/DRS Environment with vMotion/ Site Recovery Manager,Replication Manager vRealize Automation Center and Fiber SAN.
- Implemented Migration from VMWARE to AWS using VMDK Import tools.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and MavenRepository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD Process.
- Contracted to develop a Health Care SOA (REST) using Groovy / Grails , J2EE and jQuery. Using virtuwell.net's wizard a consumer answers questions, before a Nurse or Doctor prescribes a TreatmentPlan with Medications.
- Leveraged Groovy /Grails to showcase advanced UI concepts, JMX Management, DB population and Testing.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration managementtools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built.designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloadedpre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS)& configuration managementusing puppet.
- Developed and supported the Red Hat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance Redhat, CentOS and Suse Servers at multiple DataCenters.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over thenetwork with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applicationsacross Linux servers.
- Installed and configured DCHP server to give IP leases to production servers.
- Management of RedHat Linux user accounts, groups, directories and file permissions.
- Applied the Clustering Topology that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance andfunctionality.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of DNS, LDAP, NFS, NIS, NIS+ and Sendmail on Redhat Linux/Debian Servers.
- Configured, managed ESX VM's with virtual center and VI client.
- Performance monitoring using Sar, Iostat, VMstat and MPstaton servers and also logged to munin monitoringtool for graphical view.
- Installed packages with yum and rpm.
- Installation and configuration of PostgresSQL database on RedHat/Debian Servers.
- Performed Disk management with the help of LVM (Logical Volume Manager).
- Configuration and Administration of Tomcat/Apache Web Server and SSL.
- Provide the support of building the server, patching, user administration tasks, deployment, softwareinstallation, performance tuning and troubleshooting and KVM.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on RedhatLinux.
- Environment:Web logic, Tomcat, Apache, Json, Bash, Shell, Red-Hat Linux, Solaris, DBA, Bash, NAS, Send mail, MySQL, puppet, CentOS, LVM, KVM, ESX VM's, GIT, Jenkins,
- Installed, configured & handled troubleshooting of Solaris 8/9/10 and Red-Hat 3/4 on Sun Enterprise Servers and AIX on IBM Blade Servers.
- Set up the Domain Name System by configuring the DNS primary, secondary and DNS Clients and configured the database files.
- Administered the Network of 400 UNIX Users using Shell Scripts.
- Monitored the Network and System Performance through VMSTAT, IOSTAT, graphic tool.
- Configured backup and restoration of data from tape in Dump and Tar format using Shell Scripts.
- Implemented backup strategies based on the company policy using Shell Scripts.
- Recovered data from server after a ROOT file system crash.
- Created and added Swap Space at runtime.
- Part of team for Installation and configuration of DB2.
- Configured additional storage devices, partitioned hard disk based on the project requirement.
- Installed several security packages like SNORT, Tcpd, Tcp-wrappers & ASSET.
- Implemented security in systems and network for all Sun Enterprise Servers & Desktop Servers.
- Handled Day-to-Day operation of all servers running Production jobs, Backups, Restores and Report generations.
- Worked with heterogeneous Client & Server management.
- Backed up and restored data from tape in ufs dump, tar, cpio&dd format.
- Configured the Send Mail configuration file, created e-mail ids, created alias database.
- Handled troubleshooting the configuration file, configured the Boot file for the Domain Name Server to boot, configured and updated the Zone database.
- Installed various software packages such as tcpd, ip-filter and patching the appropriate software.
- Planned for storage and backup including studying the disk space requirement and backup device performance.
- Tested and implemented various types of software for backup.
- Used heterogeneous backup software for Windows and UNIX to backup and retrieve file systems without loss of data.