Devops Engineer Resume
- Over 8+ years of experience in the field of AWS Cloud DevOPS. And System Administration
- Currently working in a CI/CD environment with solid emphasis on merging development work with a Master/Trunk branch constantly (CI) and code is ready to ship to next level (CD)
- Proficient with AWS components such as Cloud platform and its componentsEC2, S3, Elastic IPs, EBS, Security Groups, Route 53, VPC, Elastic Cache, and Cloud Formation & Docker.
- Solid hands - on experience in LINUX and using SHELL, PERL, PYTHON scripting to automate processes.
- Experience with Jenkins/Maven deployment and build management system.
- Experience as a Build and Release Engineering in automating, building, deploying, and releasing of code from one environment to another environment.
- Experience with and thorough understanding of automated implementation/deployment of a cloud based infrastructure (Web apps, Application Service Environments, firewalls, load balancers, storage, monitoring, security, DNS etc.)
- Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as a Build Tool for the building of deployable artifacts (war & var) from source code.
- Experience in working on source controller tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Confidential , IBM Clear case and Perforce.
- Strong knowledge on source controller concepts like Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Expert in deploying the code trough web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/Apache Tomcat/ JBOSS.
- Ability in development and execution of Shell/Bash Scripts and Perl Scripts.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as MYSQL and Oracle by using SQL for Data integrity.
- Experience in using bug tracking systems like JIRA, Rally and IBM Clear Quest.
- Excellent experience in documenting and automating the build and release process.
- Expertise in trouble shooting the problems generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2003/2007, Unix, Linux, RHEL, HP-UNIX,AIX
Databases: SQL Server 2005/2008 R2, Oracle 9i/10g, MySQL, DB2
VersionControl System: Subversion (SVN),GIT, IBM Rational ClearCase, Perforce, Confidential, CA Harvest
Build Tools: ANT &MAVEN
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Build Forge, AnthillPro, Bamboo
Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss
Tracking Tools: Atlassian Jira, Remedy, ClearQuest
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provided Configuration Management and Build support for more than 5 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environments.
- Defined and Implemented Configuration Management and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Analyze and resolve compilation and deployment errors related to code development, branching, merging and building of source code.
- Migrated entire enterprise SVN repos to GIT.
- Worked with Application Architectures for better migration process of SVN to GIT.
- Created a Batch script to continuously migrate code with history from SVN to GIT.
- Worked on Stash for managing the created Repos.
- Administered Stash in providing access privileges to developers for Code Reviews and Approvals for pull requests.
- Maintained GIT repositories, with various types of branches i.e., Release, Hot, Develop, Future and Master branches.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT Repositories.
- Worked with developers in resolving merge conflicts in GIT.
- Used GIT BASH as the Linux Kernel for day to day GIT versioning activities.
- Also worked on GUI based tools for GIT including Sourcetree and GitEye .
- Experience in Administering GIT.
- Created Forward Propagation on Stash for automerging to Master branch from Release branch in GIT.
- Conducted Knowledge Transfer to development team of 60 members once entire migration from SVN to GIT was completed.
- Deployed new instance of Jenkins for build management.
- Configured and administrated Jenkins instance to scale multiple platforms specific Applications.
- Provided training to technical and non-technical teams to use atlassian tools.
- Configured in-house development utilities via Jenkins to support non-prod environments.
- Designed and build highly available, private AWS cloud
- Troubleshooting and fixing errors common to Jira servers.
- Worked on deploying IOS Mobile binary files to production center.
- Configured Jenkins with sonarcube for static code analysis and integration.
- Implemented a sonar software quality testing metrics server, sonar testing metrics executed as a built-in Jenkins plug-in to assist in quality build testing metrics.
- Devloped sonar blocker violation profiles to report build failures expeditiously to the build and development team.
- Maintained CI with Jenkins as well as Teamcity.
- Worked on creating Build Id for each specific mobile release using Ant Script for IOS.
- Maintained IIS webserver during deployments and production for .net applications using GIT as a source control.
- Created batch files for .net applications to automate the deployments.
- Deployed html, css, js files for android mobile applications.
- Worked on clearing Akamai cache and NetScalar server cache in order to get the latest content for mobile applications.
- Designed and implemented Software configuration management (SCM) and change management (CM) solution using TFS
- Worked on coordinating for assigning release number for each specific mobile release.
- Acted as an integrator for performing merge, rebase and baseline operations.
- Enforced development policies using Subversion hooks and other metadata.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion source control.
- Developed build and deployment script using ANT, Python,Shell to Setup development and QA environments.
- Troubleshoot the automation of installing and configuring Java applications in the testing and production environments.
- Used AnthillPro as Continuous Integration tool.
- Used Rational ClearQuest for defect tracking.
- Wrote python to automate tasks.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant build.xml.
- Maintenance of Configuration items in Harvest and SVN.
- Work with development, testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Deployed code on WebSphereapplication servers for Production, QA, and Development environments.
- Performance tuning of WebSphere application serverincludingJVM, Garbage Collection, JDBCalong with its server logs.
- Worked on theDB2 databases to keep all the database tables in every environment in sync.
- Deployed applications based on VB script using svn.
- Used Puppet to automate Configuration management.
- Depolyeddocker containers via puppet files
- Involved in sprints and planned releases with the team using JIRA and Confluence.
- Used JIRA tool to track all the defects and changes related to Build and Release Team.
- Administered Jira and confluence instance for performance tuning, scaling, storage and indexing.
- Integrated Release Status into Confluence and generated release notes.
- Used RestFul and Jira CLI for updating and commenting build status in Jira from Jenkins.
Environment:: Subversion (SVN), GIT, ANT, AnthillPro, DB2,JIRA, Confluence, Clearquest, Shell Scripts, WebSphere Servers.
Build and Release Engineer/ Devops
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Analyzed the ANT build projects for conversion.
- Converting the ANT build projects to Mavenbuild projects.
- Developed the Maven build pom.xml scripts.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Integrated the Code Quality Analysis tools like FindBugs, JUnit and Checkstyle into the projects.
- Build and Administered the Jenkins Continuous Integration servers.
- Build and Configured Jenkins Slaves for Parallel Job execution.
- Creating new build jobs, integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Jenkins to automate the process.
- Installed and configured the WebLogic application servers for Dev and Integration Test Environments.
- Built and deployed Java/J2EEartifacts onto theWebLogic Application Servers in an Agile continuous integration process.
- Experience in installation and configuration of Puppet .
- Supported automated CI deployment to multiple environments using chef, Jenkins.
- Worked closely with development teams to integrate their projects into the production AWS environment.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Worked on Oracle10g database.
- Worked with GIT and Subversion to manage source code.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications in GIT.
- Performed administrative task in perforce like user authentication ACL’s and certificate management .
- Managed sonartype nexus repositories for the maven artfacts and dependencies.
- Developed 24/7 disaster recovery mode scripts for GIT.
- Patched different software using RedHat Package Manager and YUM.
- Installed certain RPM packages, which were not installed default for Oracle.
- Installed and configured Apache ANT for automated build processing using RPM.
- Downloaded latest kernel from YUM server, created repo to make it available for the installation of target servers.
- Worked withHP Quality Center for Issue Tracking and monitoring.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Coordinated the resources by working closely with Project Managers for the release and carried deployments and builds on various environments using Jenkinscontinuous integration tool.
Environment: GIT, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, HP Quality Center WebLogic Application Servers,ORACLE.
Build and Release Engineer
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for versioning the source code, releasing binary files, creating and applying labels on source files and release files.
- Led Jenkins continuous integration server installation and configuration for all GIT Repositories.
- Automated application packaging and deployments.
- Managed Linux staging and testing environments.
- Established coding standards and enforced them through automated tools.
- Implemented Gerrit Code review tool and integrated it with Hudson to trigger builds once the commit is been uploaded to Gerrit dashboard.
- Configured multiple Windows and Linux Slaves for Jenkins Master to distribute the load across all the machines.
- Applied the test driven development methodology while developing which yielded cohesive, loosely coupled and tested code.
- Educated team about continuous integration and automated testing practices and supported them throughout development.
- Configured Jenkins to implement nightly builds on daily basis and generated change log that includes changes happened from last 24 hours.
- Integrated Testing Tools like Junit in JUnit which provide unit testing and code coverage with detailed graphical reports.
- Connected continuous integration system with GIT version control repository and Continually build as the check-in’s come from the developer.
- Created multiple Make, ANT, MAVEN, Shell scripts for build automation and deployment.
- Defined branching and merging strategies.
- Documented the SCM process and policies of the company and recommended some process changes.
- Build and maintain SQL scripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Responsible for writing the Release Notes, documenting all the useful info about the release, software versions, changes implemented in current release, Defects fixed, Labels applied.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications on to Apache Tomcatapplication servers and configured it to host the wiki website.
- Deployed application packages on to Apache Tomcat Sever.
- Coordinated with software development teams and QA teams on issues and solved the problems.
- As a member of Release Engineering group, redefined processes and implemented tools for software builds, patch creation, source control, and release tracking and reporting on UNIX platform.
- Build and deployedJ2EE application in JBoss.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using Confidential and Perforce version control tools.
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on Remedy tickets.
- Trained offshore team members and responsible for knowledge transfer.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
- Participated in the Change Control Board Meeting to analyze the risk and plan for the successful Releases.
- Coordinated application releases with Developers, DBAs, QAs and Project Managers.
Environment:: GIT, IBM Rational Clear Quest 7.0.1, Make, ANT, MAVEN, Shell (bash), Apache Tomcat Application Server, Java/J2EE, Linux, SQL, Concurrent Versions System Perforce, ANT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Remedy, JBoss, UNIX
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Establishes system by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of web application server hardware, software, LANs and WANs.
- Maintains optimal system performance with system monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning.
- Involved in creating new users, groups and setup their home directories and appropriate access restrictions to software in the Active Directory environment and NIS domains.
- Troubleshoots system hardware, software, networks and operating system.
- Designs and runs system load/stress testing.
- Secures system by developing system access, monitoring, and controls.
- Establishes, tests and documents disaster recovery policies and procedures.
- Developed build and deployment processes.
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Developed and maintained UNIX/Perl/Ant scripts for build and release tasks.
- Responsible for building and releasing packages to Dev, Itestand QA Environments.
- Performing clean builds according to the schedule published for a given releases.
- Responsible for deleting the old deployed code and deploying the newly built code using Web Sphere IDE (Integrated Development Environment).
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Environment:: Red Hat Linux 3/4, Solaris 9, Veritas volume manager, SSH, LVM, SVM, WebSphere Servers
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes