- Amazon Web Services (AWS) Certified IT professional as a DevOps Engineer with 8+ years of industry with expertise in areas of Software CI/CD, CDM, SCM, Build and Release management, Linux System Administration in Linux/Unix, Windows environments.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Development Life - Cycle (SDLC) with specific focus on the build and release of quality software. Experienced in Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Lean and most recently Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) practices.
- Extensive working experience with broad range of AWS Cloud Services like EC2, ELB, EBS, Auto Scaling, VPC, Route53, RDS, Aurora, CodeCommit, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, Glacier, Redshift, S3, IAM, SNS, SQS, SES, KMS, DynamoDB, Lamda, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, OpWorks, Kinesis, Security Groups, ElasticSearch and CloudWatchetc...
- In-depth working knowledge on Cloud Technologies such as CloudFoundry, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, RackSpace and OpenStack.
- Good Knowledge in utilizing monitoring tool AWS CloudWatch to monitor resources such as EC2, CPU memory, Amazon RDS DB services, DynamoDB tables, EBS volume stoset alarms for notification or automated actions and to monitor logs for a better understanding and operation of the system.
- Configured Inbound/Outbound in AWS Security Groups according to the requirements.
- Very good knowledge in AWS Cloud IaaS platform with features EC2, VPC, ELB, Auto-Scaling.
- Experienced with event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to trigger various AWS resources.
- Hands on experience in building and deploying web services, apps using Windows Azure and AWS from building a web service to migrating backend systems from legacy on premise SQL servers to SQL Azure and AWS.
- Experience in using Build Automation tools like Maven, Ant, Nant, BuildForge, MS build and a good knowledge on Gradle.
- Strong knowledge on Continuous Integration (CI) tools like Hudson, Jenkins, BuildBot, Bamboo, Anthillpro, Kubernetes, UrbanCode Build, Electric Commander, Sonar, Subversion, RTC, TFS, CruiseControl, Team foundation server, Accrue and Nexus, art factory.
- Experience in working with version control systems/ source code repository tools like Subversion, Cloudforce, Bitbucket, Rational Clearcase, Perforce, GIT, CVS, TortoiseSVN, GitHub maintaining/troubleshooting the CM tool in UNIX and Windows environment
- Expertise in Shell, Perl, Ruby, Bash, PowerShell, Python for Environment Builds and Automating Deployment on WebSphere Application Servers and WebLogic Application Servers.
- Experience in working with Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, Remedy, BugZilla, HP Quality Center,Atlassian, ServiceNow, Greenhopper.
- Experience in routing Production traffic for High availability multi-site using Route 53 using Failover and Weighted Routing Policies.
- Good testing experience with Testing like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, JUnit, Jmeter, QUnit, Karma, Jasmine, SonarQube and integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like Cobertura, Clover, PMD, findbugs and checkstyle.
- Good working experience in System health & performance Monitoring, troubleshooting, and remediation, including visualization tools such as CloudWatch, Graphite, New Relic, Nagios/Icinga, Datadog etc.
- Extensively worked on Artifactory, DockerHub and Nexus Repository Managers to deploy software built through Jenkins Build Jobs.
- Experiences in the functional usage and deployment of applications in IDE/Client/CLI tools like RAD, Eclipse, IntelliJ, Tortoise GIT, and Visual Studio.
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Docker Hub, Machine, creating Docker images, Compose, Docker Registry and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Extensive experience in Maintaining scalable, redundant, and replicated data systems including, Redis, MongoDB, SQL Server, DynamoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MSSQL, MySQL, and various NoSQL, data caching platforms and deploying the various apps into these database system developed using Java/J2EE and MS.Net technologies.
- Experience in Static analysis tools like TestNG, Selenium, Appium, AppScan, VeraCode and SonarQube.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory repository Managers for java builds.
- Expertise in writing Shell Scripting using Ksh/Csh/bash and Perl to ease administration tasks.
- Good knowledge on IIS, Tomcat, Apache, WebSphere, JBoss, WebLogic, Nginx, Open VPN, Sensu, logstash and in design patterns such as Model View Controller (MVC), Strategy Pattern, Command Pattern, Factory Pattern, Inversion of Control and Singleton Pattern.
- Strong Knowledge in building and maintaining Docker infrastructure for Service oriented architecture applications.
- Experienced in triggering CloudWatch alarms and specified thresholds with metrics and notified by creating subscribers by using SNS.
- Hands on with configuring & managing the monitoring tools like DynaTrace, Splunk, Extrahop, Gomez, Truesight, Graphite, Omniture & few custom tools enhancing the monitoring process.
- Experienced in using Open Stack, Cloud Stack, RackSpace, Azure, Cloud Foundry and AWS services EC2, IAM, S3, RDS, Elastic Load Balancing (ELB), EBS, AutoScaling, VPC and Cloud Formation.
- Experience on working with VMware Workstation, Virtual Box, and Oracle Virtual Machine.
- Experience in on-boarding and configuring applications for automated deployments in IBM uDeploy.
- Strong Knowledge on troubleshooting build for Multi-Threading, Socket Programming, Network management and migrating from C++ to Java.
- Expert in Automation of Release and Deploy configuration management to different environments i.e. QA, UAT and production.
- Experienced in Installing, upgrading and configuring RedHat Linux 3.x, 4.x, 5.x using KickStart Servers.
- Good understanding on Hyper-Virtualization, KVM and F5 Load Balancers, VMware VSphere, VCenter to create VMs managed these VMs on various ESX hosts
- Expertise to handle tasks in Red Hat Linux includes upgrading RPMS using YUM, kernel, HBA driver, configure SAN Disks.
- Experience writing XML, Ant scripts, shell scripts, Perl scripts, Java scripts, Python, Ruby, Chef (DevOps), Puppet (DevOps), Vagrant, Kitchen scripts to automate the deployments.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies
Operating Systems: RHEL 4/5/6/7, CentOS, Ubuntu, Windows Server, VMware ESX/ESXi 3.5/4.1/5.
SDLC Methodologies: Agile (Scrum)
Web/Application Servers: Apache http, Apache Tomcat, Web Logic, Web Sphere, JBOSS.
SCM Tools: Subversion (SVN), CVS, VSS, GIT.
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle, Grunt and MS Build.
Cloud Services: AWS (EC2, IAM, S3, VPC, ELB, ECS, EBS, Route 53, Cloud Formation, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, EMR, SnowBall), Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud, RackSpace, OpenStack, OpenShift
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Vagrant, Terraform, SaltStack
Scripting Languages: Shell, Bash, Ruby, Python, PowerShell, Groovy, Perl and YAML.
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo,Buildforge and Cruisecontrol.
Containerization/Orchestration Tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, Open Shift
Virtualization: VMware, Vsphere Client, Virtual Box, XEN, KVM
Network Services: FTP-Vsftpd, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinScp, SAN/NAS, MULTIPATHING, RAID LEVELS
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Zabbix, appdynamics and Cloud Watch.
Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, HP quality center and IBM clear quest
Web Technologies: Google Web Toolkit, HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, JSON, JAVA
Confidential, Plano, Texas
Sr. Devops Engineer
- Responsible for Infrastructure Automation, Developing tools for Database Infrastructure Automationand Monitoring with Continuous Integrationand Continuous Deployment/Delivery.
- Design AWS Cloud Formation templates using resources like EC2, ELB, Security Groups etc.., in a custom sized VPC
- Worked on core AWS services further setting up new server EC2 instances, configuring security groups and setting up elastic ip, auto scaling configuration
- Migrated the current Linux environment to AWS/RHEL Linux environment with auto scaling feature
- Maintained Services IAM, RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, SES, SQS and SNS in AWS cloud.
- Experience in using AWS command line EBS (elastic bean stalk).
- Experience with performance Monitoring and Alerting tools Splunk, appdynamics and Nagios.
- Setting up Puppet Infrastructure in Database Environment for Monitoring and Automation
- Built Puppet manifests and bootstrap scripts to allow us to bootstrap instances to various roles without having to maintain AMIs.
- Worked with project management / tracking tools JIRA, IBM RTC and Service Now.
- Implemented Devops pipeline Automated Builds, Continuous Integration andContinuous Deployment with tools Jenkins and Continuous Delivery with IBM Urban Code Deploy
- Build Package / Artifact Management with tools like Maven, Ant, Gradle, Nexus and Artifactory
- Performed Quality Compliance Analysis of Code Quality, Static Analysis, Security / Vulnerability Scans by using tools Sonar Qube, Fortify, Cobertura.
- Tracking Codebase Versions and Integrations for final Integration/Deployment into Prod Environment
- Create, Configure and Manage Container Based Application platform Openshift Clusters
- Created Docker Images by packaging required components of an Application
- Automated builds, deployments and Scaling of an micro service architecture application using Openshift. And worked on DockerContainer
- Automated testing efforts in all environments i.e. Integration, Sys. Test, UAT, Performance/Tech. Test, Training & Staging environments
- Worked on Application Configuration and deploying on Websphere and Jboss servers
- Assist in the UAT testing of UDeploy and Jenkins tools also worked on Jenkins to create builds, and pass new builds to IBMUrban code/Udeploy for deployment.
- Maintain and deploy the artifacts UDeploy release build and produce products for testing and use in production.
- Worked on Monitoring tools Nagios, splunk and other Inhouse Tools
- Responsible for building Active/Active Asynchronous replication of Databases in Geo - Spatial Data Centers with multiple products like Enterprisedb Postgres, Nuo DB, Volt DB, IBM DB2 Pure scale.
- Build highly available and scalable database clusters in multi datacenter environments with technologies pureScale, HADR, QREP, TSA, TSM and GPFS. And designed best practices for pureScale Env.
- Developed complex administration,monitoring and management utilities using Perl, Python and Shells.
Environment: RHEL 6.7/7, AWS, PUPPET, Docker, Kubernates, Nagios, Splunk, appdynamics, EC2, ELB, VPC, IAM, RDS, Route53, SES,SQS, SNS, Ant, MAVEN, Gradle, Jenkins, Nexus, Artifactory, uDeploy, Urban Code Deploy, Dev Ops, Sonar Qube, Fortify, Cobertura,IBM DB2, Oracle, MS SQL Server, JBOSS, WebSphere, RTC, Service Now, Subversion, GIT, JIRA, Openshift, Apache, active, NFS, DHCP, BIND, SSH, SNMP, Python, Ruby.
Confidential, Germantown MD
DevOps Engineer/Build &Release Engineer
- Implemented a Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery framework from Development team to SCM, Build and Deployment process.
- Launching and configuring of Amazon EC2 (AWS) Cloud Servers using AMI's (Linux) and configuring the servers for specified applications.
- Build servers using AWS: Importing volumes, launching EC2, creating security groups, auto-scaling, ELB, Route 53, SES, RDS and SNS in the defined virtual private connection.
- Installed Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) on EC2 to manage the containers created by PCF . Used Docker to virtualize deployment containers and push the code to EC2 cloud using PCF .
- Creating alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server's performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Managed highly available and fault tolerant systems in AWS, through various API's, console operations and CLI. Managed AWS infrastructure as code using Terraform.
- Worked with AWS Cloud Formation Templates, terraform along with Ansible to render templates and Murano with Heat Orchestration templates in OpenStack Environment.
- Worked on integrating AWSDynamoDB using AWS Lambda to store the values the items and backup the DynamoDB streams.
- Setup up and maintenance of automated environment using Chef Recipes & Cookbooks within AWS environment.
- Worked on Chef to reduce management complexity by defining cookbooks and recipes for installation, file management and application deployment on various nodes.
- Worked on Setting up client server model of Chef in development environment of OCI
- Worked on documentation - Chef basics, Initial setup of Chef, Data bags implementation, Coding standards, Cookbook document, testing docs
- Manage the configurations of more than 40 servers using Chef, configured Jenkins builds for Continuous Integration and Delivery.
- In depth knowledge on Chef Properties such as OHAI, Knife, Handlers, Chef Client plugins.
- Involved in configuring and maintain the Chef client, ChefNode into Red hat, Ubuntu Linux machines, establishing connection between the client and node in client server model.
- Implemented rapid provisioning and life cycle management for RedHat Linux using kickstart.
- Written/Developed Chef Cookbooks to automate the entire deployment process as well as infrastructure admin tasks.
- Rolled out Chef to all servers, and used the chef node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring, and backups.
- Worked on Branching , Merging , Tagging , Release Activities in Version Control Tools GIT and migrations of Sub Version (SVN) repositories to Git.
- Worked on Jenkins for Automated Builds, Integration and Deployments. And Jenkins administration, updating plug-in, setting up new projects and debugging build problems.
- Automated build, deployment, Release process with shell scripts.
- Created the branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in GIT.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Configure and Managed Nexus Repository Manager and all the Repositories.
- Creating Local, Virtual Repositories in Artifactory for the project and release builds, repository management in Maven to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Artifactory tool.
- Utilized Nexus for dependency management for Maven as well as storing the Snapshot and Release Build binaries - WARs and EARs.
- Build Docker images to package Applications with all required dependencies and export to Repository
- Created and managed Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins
- Distributed Applications into multiple Docker Images to build environment for high scalability, Availability and Continuous Delivery
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes and worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- Managed and monitored the server and network infrastructure using Nagios and Splunk
- Monitored load and performance on the infrastructure and added capacity as needed.
- Familiar with Disk Management Utility. Hands on experience in file system creation and file system management
Environment: RHEL 5/ 6.7, AWS, Chef, EC2, Route 53, SES, RDS, SNS,Cloud Watch, DynamoDB, Cloud Foundry, Terraform, Lambda, MAVEN, Nexus, Artifactory, JENKINS, AWS, Dev Ops, Oracle, MS SQL Server, JBOSS, WebSphere, IBM Urban Code Deploy, Subversion, GIT, Chef, Dockers.
- Study Use Case diagrams and design UI components
- Involved in developing front end using ASP.NET, VB.NET, HTML, and CSS.
- Actively participated in design and development of Database using efficient Database techniques.
- Developed web forms for the end users using C#.Net and ASP.NET.
- Involved in querying the database using ADO.NET and Stored Procedures for generation of reports.
- Extensively used .NET inbuilt components like Data Grid, Data List and Calendar controls along with other .NET server controls.
- Used Silverlight to create web application which allows drawing charts with economic variables.
- Implemented XML Web Services using C#.NET.
- Involved in creating WINFORMS for in-house Windows applications using C#.
- Involved in creating Custom Controls, web controls and User Controls.
- Authenticated logins and validated permissions.
- Uploading the Data from text files to tables & wrote stored procedures to purge old data.
- Developed applications to parse flat files into data using C#.NET.
- Involved in using all the best features of ASP.NET including Dataset, Data View and Data Adapter.
- Instrumental in maintenance of data integrity in back end Oracle 8i.
Environment: Visual Studio.NET, C#.Net, ASP.Net framework 1.1, VB.NET, GUI, ADO.NET, XML, HTML, ASP 1.1, AJAX, Oracle 9i, ASP.NET, Web Service, Silverlight, DHTML, SOAP, CSS, Java Script.
Intern and Software Engineer
- Involved in Requirements Analysis for the application development and Production issue fixing.
- Preparing BRD for new requirements and modifications in existing features.
- Developed web and windows application using .Net Framework, C#, ASP.NET.
- Involved in gathering the System Requirements.
- Implemented user controls and utilized visual inheritance to create consistent views
- Detailed design of ASP.NET Master Pages with more than one content place holder to give the consistent look and feel for the website.
- Analysis of the specifications provided by the clients.
- Involved in Requirement gathering, Functional and technical specification.
- User was authenticated using forms authentication.
- Coding and debugging using ASP.NET and C#. NET.
- Used CSS for achieving consistent look and feel of the application.
- Developed Web forms using ASP.Net server controls and validated input using Java Script.