Devops/aws Engineer Resume
- 10+ years of IT Experience as a DevOps Engineer and AWS Engineer.
- AWS experience including EC2, VPC, IAM, EC2 Auto Scaling Group, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, Cloud Front, RDS, Dynamo DB, ElastiCache, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Formation, Opsworks, SNS.
- Experience Using Simple Storage Services (S3) for storing snapshots configuring lifecycle policies for operations for storage.
- Experience with monitoring tools AWS CloudWatch, Nagios, NewRelic.
- Implemented rapid - provisioning and life-cycle management for Linux stack using Amazon EC2, Chef, and custom Ruby/Bash scripts.
- Experience with Version control system GIT and various operations like Branching, Merging and Tagging.
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines and Build Automations using Jenkins.
- Experience with Configuration Management, Deploy to VMs and Docker.
- Experience with Batch scheduling, batch scripting, nightly backups and troubleshooting.
- Configured DNS, NFS, FTP, Apache, HTTPS, DHCP remote access, and security management.
- Expertise in Core Java with strong understanding and working knowledge in Object Oriented Concepts with Spring MVC, Hibernate, JDBC, Multi-threading, Exception Handling, Streams & File I/O.
- Produced and Consumed RESTful Web Services for transferring data between different applications.
- Good knowledge on working with selenium.
- Good understanding of Python Script usage in Build and Deploy management.
- Experience on working NFS Client/Server, monitoring, installing RAID and Linux servers.
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java
Operating Systems: Windows and Linux
Scripting: Python, Perl, Shell, Ruby
Databases: Oracle, MySQL server, MS SQL Server
Cloud Platform: EC2/S3/VPC/IAM/Cloud Front/CloudWatch/RDS/Route 53/SNS
Source Control: GIT, TFS
Build tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins
Container services: Docker
Container Orchestration tools: Kubernetes, AWS ECS
Orchestration tools: Terraform, AWS Cloud Formation
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, CloudWatch, NewRelic
Bug Tracking tools: JIRA, Bugzilla
Load balancers: F5 load balancer, AWS ELB
Configuration Management Tool: Opsworks, Chef, Bamboo
Confidential, Frisco, TX
Environment: LINUX, Jenkins, Git, Shell, JAVA, HTML, Angular.JS, D3.JS, Python, AWS, Tomcat, Bamboo, PowerShell, Nexus, Docker, Splunk, EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, RDS, Route 53, SNS
- Designing and deploying Multiple environments using AWS stack (EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, auto scaling in AWS Cloud formation.
- Enhanced the storage options by migrating the data to cloud S3 using AWS snowball and multipart upload using Java SDK API.
- Managed the Weighted traffic distribution using the Elastic Load Balancers (ELB).
- Helped designing high availability applications using Elastic Load Balancers (ELB) on AWS across availability zones and regions.
- Used AWS lambda in serverless architecture to trigger and run code using S3 and SNS.
- Configured AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM) Groups and Users for improved login authentication.
- Migrated the production MySQL database to the new AWS RDS Aurora instance.
- Setting up scalable application servers using command line interface for administering DNS system in AWS Route53.
- Stored the essential Data on RAID volumes of Elastic Block Store(EBS) cost effectively.
- Monitored EC2 instances, on-site hosts and servers on CPU utilization, disk space and created custom metrics for memory metrics using cloudwatch and supported diff teams.
- Used AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications.
- Handled GIT activities like Branching and Merging.
- Handled nightly and weekly Jenkins builds.
- Worked on eliminating vulnerabilities like DDOS and IP spoofing taking required security measures.
- Build server deployment on Cloud (EC2) servers with help of DevOps tool Bamboo.
- Installed, monitored and configured applications in JBOSS and established connectivity to databases and troubleshooting issues.
- Leveraged Docker Engine to run multiple Tomcat Instances as Containerized Application Servers.
- Worked on creating the snapshots of EBS volumes and storing them in S3 from CLI.
- Deployed the microservices on multiple environments in AWS platform.
- Used Splunk to log collection for applications in a cloud based environment.
Confidential, Las Vegas, NV
AWS Cloud Engineer
Environment: Linux, Maven, Cloud watch, GIT, SVN, chef, Python, Jenkins, Terraform, Run Deck, Docker, Kubernetes, Nagios, EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, RDS, Route 53, SNS.
- Installed applications on EC2 instances and configured the storage capacity on S3 Buckets.
- Performed S3 buckets creation, Policies and the IAM Role based polices.
- Designed high availability applications on AWS across availability zones and regions.
- Created tagging standards for proper identification and ownership of EC2 instances and other AWS resources.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production servers/storage using AWS Cloudwatch and Nagios.
- Created an AWS RDS Aurora DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS Aurora DB Instance in Amazon RDS Console.
- Configured an AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) and Database Subnet Group for isolation of resources within the Amazon RDS Aurora DB cluster.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Worked on AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and operating Java web applications.
- Plan, Build and Configure organized foundation inside VPC with public and private subnets, configure Routing tables and web internet gateway.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Build servers utilizing AWS, bringing up volumes, propelling EC2, RDS, making security gatherings, auto-scaling, stack balancers (ELBs) in the virtual private cloud.
- Worked on managing the private cloud environment using chef.
- Migrated the data which is old dated to glacier using the life cycle policies of AWS S3-Glacier.
- Responsible for CI and CD process implementation using Jenkins along with Python scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Created and monitored alarms for applications using monitoring tool AWS CloudWatch.
- Developing Maven and Shell scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications onto a variety of WebLogic platforms.
- Worked with GIT and Subversion to manage source code using Jenkins, Maven& Nexus in Linux environment.
- Handled container based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub and Docker registries, installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Environment: IBM WebSphere, Apache Webserver, Apache Tomcat, Ubuntu, JBOSS, Nginx, Java/J2EE, Shell, Perl, Ruby, Cassandra, SQL server, Subversion (SVN), GIT, Ant, EC2, S3, VPC, IAM, Cloud Watch, RDS, Route 53, SNS, Chef, Docker, Ansible, Jira, Subversion, Jenkins, Terraform, Maven.
- Worked in Planning, deploying, monitoring, maintaining Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure through services like EC2 as per the requirement.
- Designed, configured and managed public/private cloud infrastructures utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) Auto-Scaling in launching EC2 instances in VPC.
- Worked with VPC IPv4, IPv6, Route tables, NAT instances, Internet Gateway (IGW) and Virtual private gateway (VGW).
- Managed the users and groups using IAM by assigning individual policies and roles to each users and group as per requirements.
- Worked in DevOps group running Jenkins in a Docker container with EC2 slaves in AWS.
- Took part in conversion of source code from SVN to GIT with branching, merging, tagging.
- Managing the automating build process by writing the Ant and Maven Scripts.
- Implemented Docker to provision slaves dynamically. Created and Maintained Docker files in Source Code Repository built images and ran containers for applications and test purposes.
- Creating and handling multiple Docker images primarily for middleware installations and domain configurations.
- Maintain and set up Event logging infra based on elastic search, log stash and kibana, both for public subnet applications as well as internal application logs.
- Implementing the Manipulation and automation scripts using shell and Perl for release and build automation.
- Deploy and Configure app server Tomcat for deploying Java and Web Application.
- Configured and integrated servers in various environments for auto provisioning with Chef.
- Configured Bamboo for builds in all the non-production and production environments.
- Creating Docker containers with existing AMI’s and Linux Containers also developing Docker images to support Dev, Test Teams and their pipelines.
- Created bug reports with bug tracking tool Jira.
- Used terraform to manage diff infra resources, like physical machines, VMs, Docker Containers and ensured code is always ready for deployments in various cloud environments.
- Writing Chefbooks and recipes in Chef using Ruby and provisioned several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations.
- Modify, Install, Test, Configure, Deploy applications on apache webserver, Nginx, and Tomcat.
Environment: IBM WebSphere, Apache Webserver, Apache Tomcat, Ubuntu, JBOSS, Nginx, Shell, Perl, Ruby, NAS, SAN, F5 Load Balancer.
- Planned, documented and assisted developers and performed remediation to achieve PCI compliance. Ensured compliance is achieved according to industry guidelines.
- Implemented Critical Watch software to find vulnerabilities in all the systems, modified modules for SELinux and databases to produce risk assessment.
- Made database for all the vulnerabilities, Linux and Solaris packages and their dependencies, Servers dependencies, port scanning and all those packages.
- Worked on windows (2000, 2003) to setup active directory and removed security vulnerabilities.
- Other responsibilities included on-hour and off-hour support of Linux and windows servers in the environment.
- Creating root disk mirroring using ZFS file system on Solaris servers.
- Creating root file system mirroring on Solaris servers.
- Configuring NFS on Solaris and Linux (Redhat) servers.
- Updating patches /kernel on Solaris Linux servers to avoid vulnerabilities.
- Disabled many services and old applications, which could be harmful.
- Removed an average of thousand packages in fifty Solaris and around five hundred packages from 70 Linux systems.
- Worked to make Solaris and Linux based systems PCI compliant. Designed, wrote and implemented many scripts in Shell.
- Support tasks included providing access to NFS mounts (via automount), user access, VM deployments, and performance issues.
- Monitoring knowledge of DNS, NIS on SUN servers.
- Troubleshooting NFS related issue.
- Configuring and administrating of Swap space.
- Establishing Device configuration and administration.
- Working on Troubleshooting boot related problems.
- Worked on using Object Oriented principles and developed the product using Java/J2EE technologies on SDLC and Agile Methodology.
- Involved in validating and designing the website.
- Developed DAO's and Hibernate Related Mapping files.
- Developing maven and Shell scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of WebLogic platforms.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in Weblogic, WebSphere and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Used and written Python scripts to deploy build artifacts to Weblogic Scripting tool.
- Used quartz jobs for running batch jobs on the CRON triggers configured in the Spring files.
- Build Stand Alone applications and scheduler annotations to perform time specific jobs using
- Spring Boot.
- Implemented java applications using distributed architectures in Microservices and EDA.
- Used WSAD for writing code for JSP, Servlets, Struts and EJBs.
- Wrote and deployed EJBs on Web Logic application server.
- Developed several REST web services supporting both XML and JSON to perform tasks.
- Involved in Unit Testing, User Acceptance Testing and Bug Fixing.
- Used JAX-WS for developing web services.
- Implemented Log4J for logging and appended to a log file for debugging.
- Written the test cases in Java Script using selenium.
- Tested the code using selenium and deployed the application on Tomcat Application Server.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes