- Over 7+ y ea r s o f ex per i en ce as DevOps Engineer/B u il d and Re l e a se En g i n e e r i ng i n au t om ati ng, bui ldi ng, depl oying, and rl e as i ng of cod e f r om one env i r onm ent t o another e nv ir onm ent.
- Used AWS (Amazon Web Services) services such as EC2 , S3 , RDS , VPC , Route 53 , Elastic Load Balancers, ELBs, and IAM for security.
- Experience in creating AWS VPC network with in regions and Availability Zones to have both private and public networks of web applications that are deployed on EC2 and managed by ECS.
- Experience in Azure infrastructure management (Azure Web Roles, Worker Roles, SQL Azure, Azure Storage, Azure AD Licenses, and Office365).
- Experience in Azure Storage Planning , Azure AD, SQL Services . Monitored Azure infrastructure through System Center Operation Manger (SCOM).
- Hands on experience in Openshfit and Good amount of Knowledge on Kubernetes in automating deployment , scaling and management of Containerized applications.
- Experience in configuring Openshift Origin using Ansible Playbooks by creating components like etcd , API server , kubectl , and scheduler , controller on master nodes and kubectl on slave nodes.
- Experience in enterprise installing, configuring and running standard logging tools like Splunk and Kibana using forwarder agents.
- A lot of experience in installing, configuring, creating dashboards of applications using application monitoring tools likes Dyanatrace and Newrelic .
- Hands on experience in AWS services for deploying EC2 instances with various flavors including Amazon Linux AMI , RHEL , SUSE Linux, Ubuntu as well as creating ELBs and auto scaling to design cost effective , fault - tolerant and highly available system .
- Experience in working with multiple simultaneous software releases and infrastructure planning.
- Good knowledge on Puppet . Configured puppet master, puppet agent environment .
- Hands on Experience in using Docker as service to build, ship and run the application image as Docker containers.
- Good knowledge on using configuration management tools like Ansible , Chef , Terraform and Puppet .
- Hands on experience in installing and administrating CI tools like Hudson/Jenkins, Sonar, Subversion, Team foundation server, Jfrog and Nexus, Artifactory.
- Experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes using Shell, Perl and Batch Scripts.
- Extensively worked in Jenkins and Bamboo for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experience in and demonstrated understanding of source control management concepts such as Branching, Merging, Labeling/Tagging and Integration.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and deployment using various CI Tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, and Puppet (Configuration Management Tools).
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and have the ability to work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
- Worked with Change Management Tool like Service Center and Service Manager and documented changes going into production with their details for auditing purpose.
- Good knowledge of UCM Clear Case, Clear Quest and experience with additional version control tools such as SVN, Perforce, CVS and TFS.
- Experience NIC bonding/NIC Teaming configuration in Linux/UNIX/Windows/VMware systems to increase the bandwidth or redundancy based on requirement by the application.
- Experienced in Installing and maintaining Apache Tomcat and JBOSS application server.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Experienced in trouble shooting, Configuration and deploying Enterprise Application in WebSphere, WebLogic and JBOSS/Tomcat as well.
- Good command in working with Tracking Tools Service Now, JIRA, Remedy and IBM Rational Clear Quest.
- Experience in UNIX and Linux subject matter as Manage , Install patches and other software packages .
- Used different UNIX commands to run, maintain, setup schedule work, protect and rescue file systems.
- Understanding of various technologies including, applications, databases, networking, telecommunications and connectivity Release Deployment.
- Extensively worked With VMware ESXi 5.1/5.5/6.0, vCenter Server, Host Clustering with HA, DRS, Replication Manager 5.x/6.0, Site Recovery Manager, vMotion, Physical to Virtual Migration and Managing SAN Datastores with, iSCSI, NFS & FC.
- Experience in administering, integrating, supporting middleware technologies like WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server, Tomcat, JBOSS & WebSphere MQ and web servers IHS, Apache HTTP on wide variety of platforms like Solaris, Linux and windows.
- Proficiency in Debugging and troubleshooting . Great ability to write clear, maintainable, well-documented, well-commented and efficient commands for WebLogic.
- Proven experience deploying web applications as a part of a deployment team.
- Capable performing in a fast paced, result driven atmosphere.
Scripting Languages: Perl, Shell, JAVA/J2EE, Ruby, Python
Web Servers: Amazon AWS, Apache, Tomcat, Jboss, WebSphere, Weblogic, IIS, SharePoint, VMWare
Operating Servers: Linux 6X/7X, Centos 6/7, UNIX Solaris 10/11, Windows NT, XP&8, Red Hat
Databases: MongoDB, Orient DB, MS Access, MS SQL Server, Oracle 8/10.0
SCM Tools: GIT, ClearCase NT/Unix, ClearQuest 2007, Visual Safe, CVS, Microsoft Team Foundation
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Nant, MSBuild, Chef, Puppet, Make, Cmake, Bamboo, JIRA, Nexus
Testing Tools: Cucumber, TestNG, WinRunner, TestDirector and LoadRunner
Version Control: Subversion (SVN), GIT, Perforce, Subclipse
Container Orchestration: Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, AWS ECS, Mesos
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Anthillpro, CruiseControl, Buildforge, BuildMaster
Sr DevOps Engineer / Cloud Automation Engineer
- Used Red Hat’s Enterprise Openshift container platform based on Industry standards, Docker and Kubernetes.
- Build and Deployed applications on Nodejs, Jboss, Tomcat and BRMS servers using continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Managed AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto-scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and chef. Create Jenkins job to build the artifacts using maven, deploy the Terraform templates to create the stack.
- Create AWS S3 bucket, performed folder management in each bucket, managed cloud trail logs and objects within each bucket and created highly available environments using Auto-Scaling, Load balancers and SQS.
- Creating and Managing Virtual Machines in Windows Azure and Setting up communication with the selected ports and worked on designing, building and improving cloud environments on Amazon Web Services and Azure Cloud.
- Used Azure Resource Manager(ARM) to deploy, manage, delete all the resources together using a simple JSON script which involve number of azure services.
- Used Azure web roles on virtual machine instance running on Microsoft Azure IIS server to communicate with Azure Storage or to direct connections to clients with the help of worker roles. Used VM roles to schedule tasks and customize the machine on which web and worker role running.
- Create Docker application images that use s2i assemble, run scripts and Dockerfile methods. Developed custom Openshift templates to deploy the applications and to create the Openshift objects build, deploymentconfigs, services, routes and persistent volumes.
- Used Ansible Playbooks to install, configure and run the Openshift cluster components and for updating the patches on running cluster. Implemented Infrastructure automation through Ansible for auto provisioning, code deployments, software installations and configuration updates.
- Worked on writing Ansible Playbooks and Scheduling jobs using Ansible Tower. Create inventory, job templates and writing python modules for Ansible customizations.
- Experience in designing and implementing continuous integration system using Jenkins by creating Python and Perl scripts. Wrote automation scripts for Ansible and in house custom AWS framework.
- Worked with teams in setting up the Kubernetes based Openshift cluster components etcd, API server, scheduler, controller, kubectl in master - slave architecture and provisioned Openshift projects on demand.
- Set up apache Kafka and Zookeeper cluster for building real time streaming data pipelines between systems and applications. Created topics, set partitions and enabled the replicaset to topics and created consumer groups to read the messages from topic.
- Automated, designed and implemented CI/CD pipeline using Git, Jenkins, Docker private registry, Jfrog and Openshift.
- Migrated existing services to a new groovy UI based pipeline as code using jenkinsfile to better show functionality and control to the team.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Hudson by configuring and maintaining for the purpose of continuous integration and for end to end automation for all build and deployments.
- Integrated Automatic Fortify Scan and Sonarqube with Jenkins for static code analysis with automated report generation in XML. FPR and PDF formats. Automatic fortify scans gets triggered after every successful Maven builds.
- Scheduled python, bash scripts for automated health checks, backups and cron jobs using Jenkins.
- Installed Monitoring tools like Dynatrace and Newrelic for application monitoring. Used Dynatrace alerting profiles to notify on job support team when increase in error rate. Setup various Dashboards for API analytics.
- Implemented Splunk and Kibana within Openshift and created dashboards to monitor our application logs
- Worked with Multiple teams to use Kafka cluster as streaming service for big data projects.
- Troubleshoot Openshift containers for related issues like crash loop back off, pod restarts, out of memory issues and lack of CPU. Setup Automatic Heap dump during OOM situations.
- Created homebrewed alarms and trigger points in Jenkins to monitor services running in dev, stage and production environments.
- Deployed application on multiple data centers and configured auto failover recovery. Active-Active Disaster recovery with round-robin load balancing using F5 load balancer
- Managed and monitored MongoDB enterprise replicas using Mongo OPs manager.
- Worked with teams to move data across various platforms like Elaticsearch, Mongo DB, HDFS, and orientDB.
- Fixed defects through service now by interacting with agile teams.
- Managed all our production checkouts related to cloud infrastructure. Oversaw duties and responsibilities for the entire DevOps teams.
- Worked in trouble shooting, Configuration and deploying Enterprise Application in Nodejs, Jboss, Tomcat and BRMS servers.
Sr Build and Release/ DevOps Engineer
- Worked on Autoscaling, Cloud Watch (Monitoring), AWS Elastic Beanstalk (app Deployments) and Amazon S3 (storage) and Amazon EBS (persistent disk storage)
- Migrated services from a managed hosting environment to AWS including service design, network layout, data migration, automation, monitoring, deployment, cutover, documentation, overall plan, cost analysis and timeline.
- Involved in deploying the content cloud platform on Amazon AWS using EC2, S3, and EBS. Evaluate Chef and Puppet framework and tools to automate the cloud deployment and operations.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructur on AWS & configuration management using Ansible. Programming Ansible Playbooks with Python for system administration, Manage Configurations of VMWARE Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances.
- Deployed application updates using Jenkins, Installed Chef server Enterprise On-Premise/Workstation/Bootstrapped the Nodes using knife.
- Managed both enterprise as well as on prem chef server and installed chef client using bootstrap script and created run list using JSON for provisioned.
- Wrote Chef Cookbooks, Recipes utilizing attributes templates and Ohai, and worked with Chef data bags, attributes, cookbooks, recipes and templates in chef.
- Built deployment pipelines using Jenkins as a frontend for continuous deployment to local staging and test environments and to production environments on demand, using a combination of Ruby, Ansible, AWS tools, and python scripting.
- Configured Source Code Management tools with Bamboo and executed triggers in SVN . Provided on-going support and administration for SVN, ClearCase, ClearQuest and ANT build automation. Integrated SVN into Hudson / Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Involved in the migration of code from SVN to GIT. Created GIT repositories and specified branching strategies that best fitted the needs for the client. Configured local Maven repositories and multi-component ANT projects with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration. Created hooks and managed permissions on the branches for GIT.
- Consult with NMR Software Development Group to determine which source code control system, Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Perforce, or Subversion (SVN), would best suit their needs and requirements for current and future software development.
- Worked closely with developers to define and configure application servers, virtual hosts, web applications, web resources, back-end resources as well as deployment of EJBs across multiple instances of WebSphere.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process. Conducted performance testing of Apache and Tomcat management services. Architected and implemented automated cloud infrastructure using Chef.
- Create, maintain and customize complex JIRA project configurations including workflows, custom fields, permissions and notifications.
- Developing analytical methods, real-time data analysis and statistical methods with Python, for data analysis, processing and integration for standardized and non-standardized reports. Generated and maintained the Project SCM plan.
- Responsible for managing and administering multiple instances of GIT, including the build server infrastructure and operating environment for Android; develop server-side scripts/SW to customize GIT and to tie in with other tools such as Gerrit/JIRA, Jenkins/Hudson.
- Expertise building and monitoring software projects continuously with a CI tool, Bamboo, Hudson, Cruise Control, Build Forge, Visual Build Professional.
- Created detailed insight into all aspects of business operations through painstaking integration of Graphite, Logstash, Sensu, and Chef.
- Expertise in using build tools like MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable Artifacts such as war and ear from Source Code using MoM - RabbitMQ, Kafka.
- Reduced the time to on-board new developers by writing a Sinatra app to automate all common new-developer tasks like setting up their desktops, virtual machines, GIT accounts, and development environment.
- Created ANT and Maven POMs to automate the build process for the new projects and integrated them with third party tools like Sonar.
- Developed Cron jobs and Shell Scripts for automating administration tasks like file system management, process management, backup and restore.
- Supported physical servers and virtualized servers. Worked with other engineers to support SANs (NetApp, Pure Storage) and VMWare hosts.
Build and Release / DevOps Engineer
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using SVN source control.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet as a CI/CD Process.
- Provided CM and Build support for more than 5 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environment.
- Experience working with Puppet Enterprise and Puppet Open Source. Installed, configured, upgraded and managed Puppet Master, Agents & Databases. Integration of Puppet with Apache and Passenger.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant’s build.xml.
- Developed and implemented an agile SDLC and refinement of the Software Configuration Management (SCM) infrastructure.
- Deployed DevOps using Puppet, Dashboard, and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Apache Tomcat. Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion functions for the project like merging, creating branches and tags using Tortoise SVN/ Visual SVN.
- Worked with typical DevOps tools such as Jenkins, Puppet and Bash.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Worked on the Oracle databases in the backend to execute the DMLs and DDLs.
- Excellent Experience in Visual Subversion and Client Tool: Tortoise SVN.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Developed multiple shell scripts (KSH, Bash, AWK) for system monitoring, regular and periodic jobs and also for sysadmin jobs.
- Deployed code on Web Sphere Application Servers for Production, QA, and Development environments using WSADMIN scripts.
- Excellent Experience in IBM Tools: Rational Clear Case, Rational Clear Quest .
- Proficient analyzing business requirements to develop functional and detail design specifications.
- Interact with developers and Enterprise Configuration Management Team for changes to best practices and tools to eliminate non-efficient practices and bottlenecks.
- Worked closely with software developers and DevOps to debug software and system problems.
- Coordinate with Release Management regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms.
Build and Release Engineer
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process and handled different development teams and many simultaneous software releases.
- Took interest in weekly release meetings with Technology stakeholders to identify and mitigate potential risks associated with the releases.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Tortoise SVN and GIT and provided end-users training for all Tortoise SVN, JIRA users to effectively use the tool.
- Setup continuous integration, continuous delivery and continuous deploying with zero touch and used Jenkins as a continuous integration tool for automation of daily build processes.
- Deployed web applications using Chef by developing recipes within cookbooks to meet the project requirements and used Chef for deploying applications using Ruby scripts.
- Managed and improved branching and other source code strategies in SVN/GIT, establish process control points and configuration to support needs of the development team.
- Implemented and improved processes for release management, automated code deployment, configuration management, and monitoring.
- Developing ANT, MAVEN and Shell scripts to automatically compile, package, deploy and test J2EE applications to a variety of Web Sphere platforms.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and automated the whole process.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process and worked on deployment of .Net applications.
- Took care of Initial troubleshooting of build failures, coordinating resolution efforts and communicating with appropriate team members.
- Handled documentation of the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Checked the data integrity on an Oracle data base using SQL queries.
Systems Engineer / Build and Release Engineer
- Installed and configured foreman with Puppet for auto-provisioning the Linux machines in AWS and VMware environments.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Resolved, updated, merged and configured password authentication issues within Hudson and JIRA.
- Set up continuous integration and formal builds in Hudson with Maven and Tomcat repository and used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Installed and configured Confluence as the enterprise wiki to document development and change management procedures.
- Deployed Applications (WAR, JAR, SAR and EAR) in Clustered environment and automated the artifacts to be deployed onto the Tomcat server.
- Utilize engineering and programming skills focused on enabling a model.
- Utilized Perl and Python for GIT to pull source code.
- Creating the filesystems using Red Hat volume manager and performing the health check on regular basis for all Linux serves.
- Mounting & unmounting the netapp storage LUNs to the Red Hat Linux servers and troubleshooting the issues encountered.
- Creating Link aggregation (LACP) with VLAN tunneling using virtual connect (VC) and shared the uplink set (SUS) using LACP & VLAN tagging.
- Worked on Performance Tuning and Management for Linux/AIX server and working with the application/database team to resolve issues.
- Creating the filesystem and RAW logical volumes for the Oracle RAC based on the requirement.
- Migration of Red Hat Linux servers from 4.x version and working with the application team to resolve the issues post migration.
- Installation/Configuration of ESXi 3.5, 4.x servers and applying security patches to the ESXi servers, managing ESXi servers using the vSphere client and vCenter for managing the multiple ESXi servers.
- Building the Red Hat Linux server in VMware ESX client through vSphere client, working with SAN storage on ESXI servers and assigning the LUNs to the Virtual Machines running on the ESXi server.
- Scanning the newly assigned LUNs to the serves and assigning them to volume group and increasing the filesystem using Red Hat volume manager.
- Storage mapping on Red Hat Linux and create the Volume group, Filesystems using Logical Volume manager.
- Installed/Configured Red Hat Linux cluster resources, configured clusters, added storage to the cluster disks, and increase/ decrease the filesystem in RHEL.
- Creation of Fence devices in the cluster, Creation Failover domains for the cluster and Flipover/ Failover test in between the nodes in the cluster.
- Performed vUp 5.0, Sybase 11.5.1, Perl Scripting, NIS, NFS, LDAP server, WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, EMC Storage SAN.
- Installed and Configured SAMBA Server in Linux for accessing the shared files from the windows environment.
- Configuring and Maintaining of Network File Systems like (N.F.S) and Auto mount in networks to access files between Linux servers.
- Installing and updating Kernel in all Red Hat Linux servers, creating initrd image to boot from the upgraded Kernel, created and modified swap files and added swap space.
- Deploying the Red Hat Linux enterprise server like existing versions (5.x, 6.x) versions and creating Kickstart images for the different version of Red Hat Linux Operating system like 5.x & 6.x.
- Creating the server profile and making the network and SAN virtual configuration using Virtual Connect in HP blade center C7000 using ILO console.
- Installed and configured NTP server and client configuration for synchronization of timing of all the server with the NTP server.
- Working with backup team for the Legato backup & Restore, Legato client Installation in the Red Hat Linux server.
Middleware Applications Engineer
- Responsible for installation, configuration and maintenance of JavaEE applications on JBOSS, WAS, IHS, Apache in a multi clustered high availability environments.
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.x/5.x, JDBC drivers and Servlet engines along with trouble shooting and recovery on AIX, Linux (Red Hat, SuSE).
- Involved in capacity planning, implementation of WebSphere 6.x and configured Server Groups and Clones for High availability and Fail over capability.
- Created resources specific to an application like data sources, shared libraries and setting like class loader policies from within the WebSphere Application Server Toolkit editor.
- Managed the security and performance optimizations for EJB containers and web applications in IBM WebSphere, IBM HTTP Server and Apache web server.
- Responsible for the administration of WebSphere MQ and Involved in creation of MQ resource objects like Queue, Listeners, Channels etc.
- Responsible for application changes across different platforms - dev, testing, UAT and production.
- Package, build, Integrate and deploy enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere 184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11/5. x that involves EAR (Enterprise Archives) and WAR (Web Archives).
- Automated application installations, uninstalling and application enhancements through shell scripts, JACL, Jython, Perl scripts using Cron and at job scheduling utilities.
- Developed JACL, Jython, Perl, scripts and shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebSphere and recovered the backed-up WebSphere configuration using XMLConfig tool.
- Used ISA to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve issues, collect data automatically and create PMRs and send the required information to IBM.
- Involved in troubleshooting and performance tuning using Resource Analyzer and Log Analyzer, maintaining security, users, groups administration and daily backup and restore operations.
- Active involvement in monitoring server performance, network traffic to reduce performance bottleneck.
- Ensure application dependencies are integrated on system level components such as database, Data Source Name, and Application Server connection pooling (DB2) including identification and documentation.
- Installed upgrades and fix packs to the runtime environment as required decreasing vulnerability to production environment.
- Maintaining updated documentation of all the Servers, installed applications and updates.
- Providing 24/7 on call support for deployments as well as application support.