- Build and Release Engineer with around 8 years of IT experience in Configuration Management, Build, DevOps, System Administration, Release Management and Quality Assurance and configuring changes across various environment which include DEV/SIT/UAT/Staging/Production/DR.
- Good knowledge with complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Process that include designing, development, testing and implementation and post - production support.
- Created SCM Process, policies, procedures and Release Notes to follow Development and allow QA teams to Release or Deploy highest quality product for the enterprise.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), CVS and GIT on UNIX and windows environment.
- Extensively worked on Hudson, Bamboo and Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
- Extensive experience with configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet and similar deployment tools.
- Extensive experience in implementing DevOps tools and pipelines using Jenkins, Rundeck, Nexus Artifactory, Chef, Puppet, Docker and Packer etc. for continuous integration and delivery.
- Developed automated scripts in Perl and UNIX to proactively identify errors prior to business start of day to limit business operational risk for front, back and middle office operations.
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols: FTP, SSH, HTTP, TCP/IP, and HTTPS.
- Extensive experience in Atlassian, ticketing and tracking tools like JIRA, REMEDY, Clear quest, Redmine, Bugzilla for Production hotfixes and bugfixes.
- Experience with Oracle and MS SQL Server DB Tasks (DML, DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc.).
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Involved in writing Python, Perl and shell scripts for compilation and deployment process.
- Experience in Designing and deploying AWS solutions using EC2 instances, EBS.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Experience in working on Source code management client tools like Visual SVN, Tortoise SVN, Puppet, Git Bash, GitHub, Git GUI and other command line applications.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between Projects.
- Maintained high availability clustered, standalone server environments, and refined automation components with scripting and configuration management (Ansible).
- Expertise in ANT scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebSphere and recovered the backed-up WebSphere configuration using XML Configure tool.
- Used scripting languages like Python, Perl, Bash and configuration management tools Chef, Puppet and CF Engine and Web Service like AWS.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (CHEF).
- Ability in execution of XML, ANT Scripts, Shell Scripts, Perl Scripts, Power Shell scripts and JAVA Scripts.
- Experienced in working with Amazon EC2 , Amazon S3 , Amazon Elastic Load Balancing and other services of the AWS family
- Used AWS lambda to run servers without managing them and to trigger to run code by S3 and SNS .
- Designed highly available, cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2instances, AutoScaling, ElasticLoadBalance, AMIs and Glacier for QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Chef.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins/Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for the purpose of continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Worked in an agile development team to deliver an end to end integration, continuous delivery product in an open source environment using tools like Chef and Jenkins .
- Developed ETL pipelines to process and persist company client data using AWS Kinesis Firehose for streaming and Redshift for storage and analysis.
- Transfer data from Datacenters to cloud using AWS Import/Export Snowball service.
- Experience on CDN to deliver WebPages and other content based on geographic locations of the user.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, RDB, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, SES, SNS and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers like Apache.
- Deploy Puppet to completely provision and manage AWS EC2instances, volumes, DNS and S3.
- Worked on AWS for deploying EC2 instances consisting of various flavours viz., OEL, RHEL, CentOS, Ubuntu and Solaris in both Linux and Windows.
- Firm grasp on Cloud Security , leveraging Linux and Windows operating systems, using the AWS console and CLI (command line interface)
- Knowledge of using Routed Protocols like FTP, SFTP, SSH, HTTP, HTTPS and Direct connect.
- Excellent understanding of Network topologies such as LAN, WAN, VPN and Firewalls.
- Configuring and maintaining network services such as LDAP, DNS, NIS, DHCP, NFS, Web, mail, FTP.
- Experience in using Nexus and Artifactory Repository Managers for Maven builds.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines and built Continuous Integration and Continuous delivery environment.
- Experience in automating provisioning of resources in OpenStack Nova (VMs, images), Neutron (networks, ports and routers) and Swift (Customized metadata).
- Configuring and installing VMware Virtual Center servers and VMware Vcenter Appliance.
- Managed VMware ESXi hosts using vSphere client and Web client.
- Gathered changes for Remedy system from IT staff or user community for requirements, prepared technical assessments, delivering technical support, training and administration.
Programming Languages: C, C++, HTML, XML, Shell, Perl.
Operating System: Windows 8/7/vista/XP/2003/2000/NT/98/95, HP-Unix, RHEL.
Version Control Tools: SVN, GIT (GIT Hub, GIT Bucket, GIT Stash), CVS, Perforce, ClearCase, MSBuild, NAnt.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Jenkins, Bamboo, Buildforge, Hudson.
Application and Web servers: Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, WebLogic, Glassfish.
Database Servers: Oracle (11g/10g/9i/8i), MySQL, SQL Server 2008.
Ticketing Tools: Atlassian JIRA, REMEDY, Bugzilla, Redmine.
Provisioning Tools: Puppet, Chef, Ansible.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
Sr DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for Development, UIT, SYTEM, UAT, STAGING, PRODUCTION Builds and Releases.
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Documentation of detailed build configuration, Build procedures, schedule build calendars and change history for releases.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process, developed Custom Scripts to monitor repositories, Server storage.
- Managed GIT and Bitbucket repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Responsible for maintenance of the GIT Repositories which includes Jenkins Integration, creating pull requests, code reviews, branching, merging and transitioning JIRA issues.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into Bitbucket management repo.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using GIT.
- Experience in managing the artifacts generated by MAVEN in the Nexus repository.
- Worked on Maven to create artifacts from source code and deploy them in Nexus central repository for internal deployments.
- Managed configuration of Web App and Deploy to AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Created instances in AWS as well as worked on migration to AWS from data center.
- Worked on Installing, Configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on AWS EC2 instances.
- Developed AWS CloudFormation templates and set up Auto scaling for EC2 instances.
- Responsible for distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data centers.
- Involved in the administration of JBOSS servers including installation and deployments.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment in JBOSS application server.
- Modified ANT scripts to build the JAR, Class, WAR and EAR files from VOB’s.
- Managed IBM Products related Devops methods using Chef (WebSphere versions & Portal server clusters) and worked with Amazon AWS in moving QA environments to the cloud.
- Worked on configuring data sources within WebSphere for current apps and any new Java applications.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Created Bash, Shell & Python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
- Created PowerShell scripts for customer account monitoring to decrease application latency and improve application performance.
- Deployed a centralized log management system and integrated into Chef to be used by developers.
- Involved in analysis and implementation of GitHub workflows and branching models based on organization system and proposed post migration strategies.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tool in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments and also create new jobs and branches through Jenkins.
- Deployed built artifacts to WebLogic application server using MAVEN.
- Automated the entire Importing and Compilation process.
- Create RunDeck jobs to integrate with our Jenkins CI process and call Chef on the deployment servers.
- Worked on Maven creating artifacts through source code and internal deployment in Nexus repository.
- Built Continuous Integration environment (Jenkins, Nexus and Continuous delivery environment (puppet, Yum, (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins, Nexus, Yum and ANSIBLE.
- Integrated Jenkins with various DevOps tools such as Nexus, Puppet, Chef etc.
- Experience in writing ANSIBLE scripts.
- Utilized Ansible, Puppet, Git and Rundeck to install and configure Linux environments with successful production deployment.
- Used Rundeck for job scheduling and automation.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Nexus Repository Manager.
- Coordinated application release with Developer, DBA, QA and Project Management teams.
- Verifying the Correct Binaries before releasing to production environment.
- Worked on Tomcat Web server for hosting web apps.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services (AWS) utilizing AWS Cloud formation, Code Deploy, Chef and EBS.
- Setup Jenkins tool to integrate the JAVA project and maintained Jenkins with continuous integration and deployment.
- Created Puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts.
- Created component templates and Component processes in IBM Udeploy.
- Wrote Ansible scripts to manage the creation of EC2 instances, ELBs, Route53 entries, Amazon Security Groups, customized Tomcat applications, Apache web servers and other miscellaneous items in a Linux environment.
- Designed, Installed and Implemented Ansible configuration management system.
- Worked on Configuration management tool Chef and Docker for continuous delivery. Rewritten recipes for new environments.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's, whenever a new GitHub branch gets started.
- Integrated ANT with shell scripts created in Bash to automate the deployments for the Java based applications.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in open stack cloud, integrating it with puppet.
- Managed Chef Cookbooks to automate system operations.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Involved in writing and editing the existing ANT and DOCKER (Build.XML) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Integrated Puppet and OpenStack on Jenkins
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT, MAVEN and DOCKER as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Designed workflows, screens, field configurations and components as part of projects definition for JIRA as an administrator.
- Extensive use of Perforce for source code tracking and deployment, and Bugzilla for bug tracking.
- Created deployment request tickets in Remedy for the deploying the code to Production.
Environment: SVN, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven, Web Sphere Application Server (WAS), Web Logic, UNIX, Chef, Puppet, Perl, Oracle 10g, Bitbucket, JIRA.
Confidential, Washington DC
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Worked in Agile Project management Process.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Coordinated the resources by working closely with Project Managers for the release and carried deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Maintained History of all the repositories using Subversion(SVN).
- Extensive usage of Tortise SVN in Windows environment for version control activities.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using Subversion (SVN) source control.
- Analyze and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN.
- Performed SVN to GIT migration with careful analysis and migrated all branches, tags, along with commit history using GIT -SVN utility.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GitHub support for different projects like Check-in, Checkouts, import, export, branching, tagging, and conflict resolution.
- Implemented &maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GitHub in Linux environments.
- Analyzed the ANT Build projects for conversion.
- Planned, deployed, monitored, and maintained Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes as required in the environment.
- Developed AWS cloud formation templates and configured auto scaling for EC2 instances .
- Deployed and configured Chef Server and Chef Solo including bootstrapping of Chef Client nodes for provisioning.
- Configured EC2 elastic load balancers and Akamai for front end and back end services.
- Created UCM Projects, Development and Integration views for Development and Integration Streams.
- Designed and implemented GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks.
- Designed Puppet models for installing and managing java versions.
- Created Puppet automation to manage configuration and deployment of new applications.
- Installed and configured an automated tool Puppet that included the installation and configuration of the Puppet master, agent nodes and an admin control workstation.
- Worked with Chef to aid with our deployment process and migrate in-house systems to Amazon Cloud Services.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Chef.
- Worked in developing infrastructure and maintaining Chef Cookbooks for production rollout.
- Managing Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Creating new build jobs, Integration testing jobs and deploy jobs in Jenkins to automate the process.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Researched and implemented code coverage and unit test plug-ins like find bugs, check style and PMD with Maven/Jenkins.
- Installed and configured Nexus Repository Manager to share the artifacts between the teams within the company.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects and environments.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Create and Build Jenkins jobs and store the build artifacts in Nexus and Udeploy by using preconfigured scripts.
- Created end to end build automation and CI setup for button click push deployment.
- Installed and Configured the Apache Tomcat application servers for Dev and Integration Test Environments.
- Provisioned and configured Tomcat and Apache instances using Shell/Perl in Udeploy.
- Served as Point of Contact (POC) to provide KT on configuration management to write CHEF automation scripts to migrate automation from Udeploy to CHEF.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Used Chef to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and Packages.
- Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources.
- Involved in configuring and integrating the servers with different environments to automatically provisioning and cresting new machines using CM/ Provisioning tools like Ansible, Chef and Puppet.
- Automated installing the Linux packages and administering Linux service using Ansible and automating product installation configuration.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Puppet.
- Deployed Puppet, Puppet dashboard for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Developed automated provisioning and deployment system using Puppet custom modules and manifest.
- Writing Docker file, Building Docker images and pushing to Docker artifact repository.
- Lunching and Debugging Docker container, Installing/setup Docker host in environment, Integrating Docker and mesos, to monitor container status.
- Worked with JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring.
- Configured and maintained the Shell/Perl deployment scripts for Web logic and UNIX servers.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Jenkins, GIT, ANT, MAVEN, Tomcat, Perl Scripts, Shell Scripts, XML, Linux, UNIX, Windows 7, JIRA.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
Build & Release Engineer
- Created and enforced Configuration Management policies and procedures, project configuration management, adhere to the Company policy, was successful in implementing it.
- Involved in Completing software builds and elevations, creating directories and security groups, and recreating prior versions.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager’s for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Involved in the product release activities, including Change Control Management, Release Management, Defect tracking using Clear Quest tool and Version Management using SVN tool.
- Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Ant, MS Build and Subversion(SVN).
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the CVS/Subversion(SVN) repositories and the access control strategies.
- Created the branches in CVS and Subversion(SVN) to implement the parallel development process.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in both CVS and Subversion(SVN).
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Wrote ANT and MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Worked on the transition project, which involves migration activities from ANT to MAVEN in order to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using continuous integration tool.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Involved in User Management and Plugin Management for Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins to perform automated Builds and Deployments.
- Managed the Maven Repository using Nexus tool and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Built and Deployed Java/J2EE to Tomcat Application servers in an agile continuous integration process and automated the whole process.
- Production support of Apache and Tomcat including installation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
- Worked with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet or custom-built designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Build, configured and support Application team environments.
- Worked closely with Development team and SQA team for product releases.
- Documented project’s software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
Environment: SVN, CVS, ANT, Maven, Jenkins, Tomcat, Perl, Shell Script, Oracle.
Build & Release Engineer
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Worked as a system administrator for the build and deployments process on the enterprise server.
- Imported and managed multiple corporate applications in Subversion (SVN).
- Performed Configuration Management using Subversion (SVN) and maintaining admin related files.
- Checked in processes using Tortoise SVN as a migration tool.
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts that arose during the merge in both Perforce and SVN.
- Generated ANT and UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Incorporated the Code Quality Tools to Find Bugs and Covertures into ANT Projects.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous deployment using CI Tools like Hudson, BuildForge and Bamboo.
- Implemented BuildForge in many different environments for defect reproduction.
- Set up the selectors, servers in BuildForge for various UNIX/Windows servers with successful connections between them.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Setup BuildForge projects/Environments to integrate it with source code (ClearCase, SVN) and the staging area or Nexus.
- Deployed the applications to Tomcat Application Server and static content to apache web servers.
- Automated the deployment and server bounce process is by creating the scripts using WebLogic Scripting Tool (WLST).
- Deployed using Admin console into WebLogic Application Servers.
- Pushed releases to QA, Beta and Production environments.
- Involved in troubleshooting of user interface using JSP.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
Environment: Oracle WebLogic 9.x/10.x, Tomcat, Oracle 11g, LINUX, Jenkins, GIT, Subversion (SVN), Tortoise SVN, ANT, Build-forge, Nexus, JSP.
- Participated in the Analysis and Design of the application using UML/Rational Rose and Agile methodology.
- Involved in developed the application using Core Java, J2EE and JSP.
- Worked to develop this Web based application entitled EMR in J2EE framework which uses Hibernate for persistence, Spring for Dependency Injection and Junit for testing.
- Used JSP to develop the front-end screens of the application.
- Designed and developed several SQL Scripts, Stored Procedures, Packages and Triggers for the Database.
- Used Indexing techniques in the database procedures to obtain search results.
- Involved in development of Web Service client to get client details from third party agencies.
- Developed nightly batch jobs which involved interfacing with external third party state agencies.
- Test scripts for performance and accessibility testing of the application are developed.
- Responsible for deploying the application in client UAT environment.
- Prepared installation documents of the software, including Program Installation Guide and Installation Verification Document.
- Involved in different types of testing like Unit, System, Integration testing etc. is carried out during the testing phase.
- Provided production support to maintain the application.
Environment: Java 1.5, J2EE 1.4, Struts Frame work, jsp, Spring Framework 2.0, Hibernate 3.0, Oracle 10g, MyEclipse 6.5.1, Subversion, Oracle 9i, PL/SQL, WebSphere 6.1.0, UML, Toad, Windows.