- Over 8+ years of IT industry experience as System Administrator, DevOps, Cloud Engineer and Production Support of various applications on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu, VMware,Windows Server 2008 - r2/2012-r2 and skilled with various cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services ( AWS), Azure, Google and OpenStack and Intel hardware platforms like Dell, HP, IBM and Cisco.
- Experience in different migration services likeAWSServer Migration Service (SMS) to migrate on-premises workloads to AWS in easier and faster way using Rehost“lift and shift” methodology and AWSDatabase Migration Service (DMS), AWSSnowball to transfer large amounts of data and Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration.
- Experience in migrating database using AWS Database Migration Service (DMS) homogenous migrations such as oracle to oracleheterogeneous migrations between different database platforms such as Oracle to AmazonAurora and MicrosoftSQL to MySQL .
- Experience in various AWS Services including EC2, VPC, IAM,S3,RDS, ELB, Route53, Cloudwatch, Cloud Formation Templates, CloudFront,CloudTrialand administering them using AWS Console andAWSCommand-line Interface .
- Experience in writing Cloud formation templates to create EC2 instances, ELBs , Route 53, DNS , Auto scaling , Elastic Search , VPCs , Subnets , Security Groups , Cloud Watch , S3 , IAM roles.
- Experience on working in Deploying and monitoring Microservices on Various platform like AWSECS , Kubernetes , Openshif. Developed Kubernetes Pod definitions, Deployments and used Helm Charts to version control complete deployment strategies.
- Experience in Azure virtual machine (using standard templates or as per SDD ) app service, SQLDatabase , storage , Azure Active Directory , Virtualnetwork , loadbalance , Applicationgateway , VPNgateway , and Trafficmanager.
- Experience in implementing Configuration/Deployment Tools like Chef (Knife, recipe, cookbook), Ansible (Playbook, Inventory) and Puppet (Puppet manifests, Factor, catalog) treating asInfrastructure as Code to automate the repetitive tasks quickly to deploy critical applicationson Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure and on premises VMWare vSphere Infrastructure. configuredChef Server/Workstations and bootstrapping Nodes Wrote Chef Cookbooks and recipes using Ruby scriptto Manage On-site Operating Systems, Applications, Services, Packages as well as AWS services EC2, S3, Route53 and ELB also Performed testing with kitchen.
- Experience inAnsible configuration/deployment and written Ansible playbooks to manage environments configuration files, packages, users,mount points, web applications and integrated Ansible tower with Jenkins to deploy code to different servers.
- Experience in Puppet configuration management system for all new Linux machines ( P2V ) and configured Puppet modules and manifests to automate configuration of a broad range of services like LAMP Stack, HTTP multiple Vhosts management.
- Extensively worked on Continuous Integration/ Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins, Team city, HudsonandBamboo for end-to-end automation of various build and deployments using plugins like Git, Maven, ant, MSbuild, sonarqube, Nexus.
- By using Jenkins manag ed different projects across multiple pipeline stages (Dev,Test/QA, S taging and P roduction) by setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven Repository and Deployed Application using custom python modules through Ansible as a CI/CD Process.
- Experience in creating Docker Containers leveraging existing Linux Containers and AMI's in addition to creating Docker Containers from scratch and Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker HUB and installed and configured Kubernetes.
- Implemented various levels in the infrastructure team on Installation, configuration and administration on Redhat-Linux (5x, 6x& 7x), CentOS (5x, 6x and 7x), Ubuntu (7x, 8x, 9x & 10x), SUSE Linux (9x, 10x & 11x), AIX (V5.3 & 6.1), Redhat Satellite 6, and Windows Environment like WindowsServer 2008-R2/2012-R-2.
- Experience in installing, configuring, and management of MYSQL, SQL Server 2008/2012/2014, PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Cassandra.
- Experience in administration of Apache HTTP Web server, Apache Tomcat servers. Solid experience in deploying enterprise and Web applications on JBOSS and Tomcat Clustered environments using console, via scripts and maintaining Load balancing and High availability.
- Experience in monitoring tools such as Nagios, Splunk/ELK Stack, AppDynamics , \JIRAand Service now for change management, automating the tasks and bug tracking. Maintaining document on confluence and experience on 3-Tier and N -Tier Environment.
Operating System: Redhat-Linux (5x, 6x& 7x), CentOS (5x, 6x and 7x), Ubuntu (7x, 8x, 9x & 10x), SUSE Linux (9x, 10x & 11x), AIX (V5.3 & 6.1), Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/ Vista, VMware
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Azure
CI/CD: ANT, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Bit Bucket, TFS, SVN, Nexus, Artifactory, SonarQube, NuGet, Junit, Webhooks with Git/SVN, uDeploy, AnthillPro, Bamboo
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible and Terraform
Containerization Tools: Docker, Apache Mesos, Kubernetes
Database: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, PostgreSQL, SQL Server, CouchDB
Web/App Servers: Apache, IIS, HIS, Tomcat, WebSphere Application Server, JBoss
Scripting: Shell scripting, Python, Vagrant, Perl scripting
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, and XML, Servlets, JSP
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios, Monit, SolarWinds, Pandora FMS
Tracking Tools : JIRA, Remedy, Clear Quest
DevOps &Cloud Engineer
- Migrated on premise Infrastructure on to AWS Cloud using Rehost“lift and shift” methodology and developed Continuous Integration pipeline usingJenkinsto deploy a multitude of applications utilizing the AWS services IncludingVPC,EC2, S3, RDS, and IAM,Elastic load balancing, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Elastic Beanstalk,Cloud Watch by focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- ImplementedAWS Code Pipeline and Creating Cloud formationtemplates and Launched EC2 Instances using Amazon machine Images (AMIs) (Linux/ RHEL /Ubuntu) for development, test and production environment with respect to specific applications and created users, groups, assigning roles and permissions using IAM service.
- Experience in deploying Kubernetes cluster using Kops, Kubeadm on AWS and VMware. Configured Kubernetes Master and various nodes, configured Consul for service discovery, interacted with API server using Kubectl command line utility
- Configured AWSECS for deploying and orchestrating containers by definingtasks and services. Leveraged BlueGreen deployment by developing Ansible playbook to change configuration of services to ramp up or down the number of Tasks running in the overall cluster
- Automated the creation of S3 buckets and policies and IAM role based policies trough Python Boto3 SDK. Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies and archived files in Glacier andbyusing AWS Database Migration Service (DMS) migratedhomogenous migrations such as oracle to oracleandOracle to AmazonAurora.
- Configured ElasticLoadBalancers with EC2 Auto scaling groups and Worked on Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto-scaling launch configurations.
- Eliminated the states that are accumulated in Jenkins server by developing the scripted pipeline in Groovy to version control and make it distributable across organization
- Worked on Python Boto3 Scripts to Automate AWS services, include web servers VPC , ELB , RDS, EC2, IAM,S3 bucket, CloudFront Distribution and application configuration. this Script creates stacks, single servers or joins web servers to stacks.
- Migrated servers like Relational databases ( SQL ) and websites to Microsoft Azure cloud and deploying applications on multiple web servers and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Fail over functionality and Synchronized on premises Active Directory users to office 365 with ADCONNECT and ADFS .
- Configured Azure Virtual Networks ( VNets ), subnets, Azure network settings, DHCP address blocks, DNS settings, security policies and routing and Network Security Groups ( NSGs ) to control inbound and outbound access to network interfaces ( NICs )
- Developed AWS Cloud Formation Templates to deploy complete Stack in multiple accounts. Developed Cloud-Init scripts to bootstrap newly spun instances on to the Chef Server.
- Developed Continuous Integration pipeline usingJenkins and developed various Bash and Python scripts for deploying the applications on to the AWS Cloud and on-premiseVMWare vSphere Infrastructure.
- Developed Jenkins pipeline which creates the images of all the successful build and pushed then in the AWS ECR that is later consumed by the Kubernetes cluster to do the rolling deployments by consuming the images.
- Built EAR and WAR files with custom configuration settings using Maven Tool Kit and furtherdeveloped Ansible Playbooks to pull the Artifacts stored in Nexus to continuously deploy the archives on toApache Tomcat Web Server, IIS Serversand WebSphere Application Servers
- Migrated few Cloud formation templates to Terraform by using various AWS modules and Secured the Terraform state file in S3 buckets. Used Terraform Plan to meticulously detect and analyze the changes that will be inflicted after Terraform Apply.
- Worked on Ansible as Configuration management toolto automate repetitive tasks, quickly deployed critical applications and ImplementedAnsible Tower dashboard and role-based access control that is easier to allow individual teams access to use Ansible for their deployments.
- Developed Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots and managing Docker volumes also deployed Docker Swarm using Ansible.
- Worked on Docker to containerize the Application and all its dependencies by writing Docker file and Docker-Compose files and Docker container snapshots and managing Docker volumes and deployed Docker Swarm using Ansible.
- Setup Docker to automate container deployment through Jenkins and Worked on Docker container to create Docker images for different environments.
- Worked on Docker and Kubernetes on cloud providers, from helping developers build and containerize their application ( CI / CD ) to deploying either on public or private cloud.
- Implemented BLUE GREEN deployment to maintain zero downtime to deploy process in Tomcat , WebLogic and JBoss using Python and shell scripts to automate log rotation of multiple logs from web servers and automating administration tasks.
- Extensive working experience and Design/Plan, Installation in various Linux 4/5/6/7 flavours (CentOS, RHEL, Ubuntu, Fedora, Solaris and Debian), Windows Server 2008-R2/2012-R2, SUSE Linux 10/11, Sun Solaris 8/9/10
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code and Integrate with Jenkins(CI) for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Configured ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana) to analyze and visualize the Application and system logs, Configured Splunk forwarders to detect SSL certificate expirations and Nagios to detect Network Latencies between systems.
- Scheduled Splunk based Reports and Alerts to monitor the system health performance and breaches and maintained Splunk based native Role and User creation
- Worked on s troubleshooting both server and application level issues and logging JIRA tickets as per the requirement.
- Actively participant in scrum meetings, reporting the progress and maintain good communication with each team member and mangers.
Environment: AWS,Ansible, Chef,RHEL,VMware, Docker,Kubernetes,Terraform,Apache Tomcat,WebSphere, Jenkins, Maven, Nexus,Python
DevOps & System Engineer
- Implemented AWS services VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, IAM,Elastic load balancing, Auto scaling, Cloud Front, Elastic Beanstalk,Cloud Watch focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance , auto scaling in AWS Cloud.
- Worked on AWS Identity and Access Management ( IAM) to manage users and groups, and use permissions to allow and deny their access to AWS resources like VPC , EC2, S3, RDS andMonitored EC2 instances, on CPU utilization, disk space and created custom metrics for memory metrics using cloud watch .
- Worked on migrating existing infra to cost effective and highly available AWS cloud infrastructure. Enhanced the storage options by migrating the data to cloud S3, EBS using AWS snowball
- Developed Docker images that encapsulated the various version of the applications that is later deployed on the AWSECS by defining taksabnd Services. Configured Launch configuration and Life Cycles Hooks to take care of the Auto scaling aspects in the container hosts on AWS .
- Developed Cotonou’s Deployment pipeline by integrating Jenkins with Terraform , Developed Modules in Terraform to trigger the Infrastructure on the Azure .
- Worked on Puppet, Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure. Written manifests/Recipes and Ruby scripts to customize the Puppet / Chef as per our environment and management Puppet to configure the port number, Java agent path and Dynatrace collector server and pushed to Puppet master reflected to multiple nodes or application servers
- Secured Chef server by developing the Jenkins pipeline that requires less human interaction on the workstation to run series of knife commands whenever the changes to the cookbook are detected in the Git repository.
- Developed Continuous Integrationby integrating with different tools like Maven, GIT, Sonarqube, Nexus with Jenkins. And installed Jenkins on Linux environment and implemented master - slave configurations to run multiple build operations
- Resolved many issues with the chef Infrastructure by making sure that the cookbooks are idempotent by performing regressive test using Chef solo, Test Kitchen . Worked on segregating Roles, environment in Chef to have an organized Configuration management based on the environment.
- Experience in Implementing Maven builds for creating ear and war and managed the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository .
- Automated creation of various layers in the Docker file to create Docker images by developing a Pipeline in Jenkins and automated the Patch updates to various AMI which triggers the deployments whenever a new image is push the private on -prem repos.
- Developed Continuous Integration pipeline in Jenkins and developed various Bash and Python scripts for deploying the applications on to the AWS Cloud and on-premise VMWare vSphere Infrastructure.
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code and Integrate with (CI) for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.
- Worked on Installation, Configuration, Trouble-Shooting and Maintenance of WebLogic Server WebSphere Server 7.0/ 8.0/ 8.5/ 8.5.5, JBOSS iPlanet Web Server, Apache Web Server on different UNIX/ Windows flavors and environments.
- Implemented WebLogic Server on different UNIX and Windows platforms and setting up the Development, Testing and Production environments.
- Performed day-to-day administration tasks like User Management, Space Monitoring, Performance Monitoring and Tuning, alert log monitoring and backup monitoring and System Performance of Virtual memory, Managing Swap Space, Disk utilization and CPU utilization.
- Implemented Release schedules, communicated the Release status, created Roll out Plans, tracked the Project Milestones, prepared the reports and chaired the Release calls and worked for a successful Release of JIRA Application.
Environment: AWS, Azure,Python, RHEL, CentOS, VMware, Docker,Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Apache, Tomcat, JBoss, Jenkins, Git, Splunk
Confidential, Beaverton, OR
Build & Release Engineer
- Installing and administrating Continuous Integration ( CI ) and Continuous Delivery ( CD ) process using Jenkins, Bamboo Hudson , Sonar , SubVersion/Accurev and Nexus / artifactory .
- Configured the user's accounts and restrict the Permissions for Continuous Integration. Supported Development team to resolve build failures related to environments Participated in the release cycle of the product which involved environments like Development , QA , UAT and Production .
- Worked on multi project jobs in Jenkins and used pipeline plugin to manage them. Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins. Managed Maven POM files and Involved in editing the existing Maven (pom.xml) files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Worked on Automation tools like Selenium RC/WebDriver (Functional & Regression Testing), TestNG, Junit, ANT, Maven, Jenkins and SOAP UI Pro for testing Client Server and Web based Applications.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used TestNG for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, WebSphere, JBOSS to deploy code and Integrate with (CI) for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments.Worked onPython and shell scripts for automating the build and release process.
- Implemented servers with VMware 6.0 included vCenter Server on Dell and HP servers with Storage solutions iSCSI/FCoE.
- Implementation and Troubleshooting VMware ESXi 6.0 Hosts, VMware, vSphere and virtual center.
- Implemented Virtual Machines as per user requirement and performed Cloning on Virtual Machines and Migrated P2V and V2V Servers using VMware Standalone Converter.
- Implemented large scale vSphere Infrastructure with ESXi 6.0 hosts and 4 VCenters in linked mode on Cisco UCS, HP C7000 Servers hardware with EMC VNX/VMAX storage and Cisco5k Switches with 10GB Network connectivity to support VMs
- Worked on Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux 5 /6, IBM AIX 5.X and Windows 03/08 Servers on large distributed environment.
- Implemented shell scripts for Automated Back-ups and Cron Jobs using ssh and bash and managed user accounts and groups for corporate Linux users and supported corporate Linux Development servers.0.
- Installation, Configuration and Management of NFS, HTTP, FTP, SAMBA, DHCP, DNS Servers.
- Developed UNIX Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Used JIRA as a ticketing system tool to handle the issues/tasks/service requests created by multiple team members across the project.
Environment: RHEL Linux, Unix, Subversion, Maven, ANT, Apache Tomcat, bash, PowerShell scripts Unix/Linux Administrator
- Worked on user accounts, removed users, lock/unlock users in Linux and maintained Linux file system and Support Red Hat Enterprise Linux Servers and configurations plus reporting and monitoring. Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux on new server builds as well as during the upgrade.
- Implemented Logical volume manager (LVM), creating disk partitions, setting up file systems and mounting the file systems and unmounting them.
- Worked on Packet management installing, updating and removing different packages using RPM and used YUM to update specific packages.
- ExperienceinNetworking knowledge in analyzing, designing, implementing Switches, Routers, Firewalls, DNS client, DHCP client, NFS client and SAMBA client.
- Worked on writing scripts for automation, and monitoring using Shell (Power, bash, C andKsh), Python and Perl scripts
- Implemented configuration and maintenance of common Linux services such as Tomcat, Apache, MySQL, NFS, FTP, Postfix, LDAP, DHCP, DNS BIND, HTTP, HTTPS, SSH, IP Tables and Firewalletc.
- Daily monitoring and response for Linux servers, including application processes, file system alerts, system faults.
- ImplementedESXi 5.x servers, VCenter Server, using vSphere Update Manager and VM Tools through manual updates.Managed hosts using VCenter Server/ vSphere Client and VMware Web Client.
- Performed VMotion and Storage VMotion of Virtual Machines across different cluster with respect to security policies and application development requirements
- Implementation of VMware vSphere enterprise server hardware and software to support three large-scale COOP efforts, including vSphere 5.x, vCenter 5, vRealize Operations 5, and SRM. Used vSphere 5.x and vCenter 5.x to implement a virtualized environment across multiple security enclaves on HP Blade server hardware.
Environment: Red Hat Enterprise Server (RHEL 4, 5), VMware, Vcenter, VSphere, Scripting, Suse LINUX, UNIX, Firewalls, FTP, DNS, SSL, SSH.
Linux System Admin
- Implemented virtual build, installation, configuration, and maintenance of Linux RedHat 6 both locally or over network.
- Implemented basic Shell scripts using bash for applications, backup and scheduling. Daily administration and management of servers, applications and file systems.
- Troubleshooting OS / Hardware related issues and monitor server health on a day-to-day basis.
- Implemented Logical volume manager (LVM), creating disk partitions, setting up file systems and mounting the file systems and unmounting them.
- Set up user and group login ID's, network configuration, passwords, and resolution of permission and access related issues.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot enterprise-wide Apache web servers and Tomcat application containers in a large RedHat Linux/CentOS environment. developed networking NIS, NFS, SAMBA, LDAP, SSH, SFTP, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, supporting users in solving their problems.
- Worked on volume management, disk management using logical volume manager. Performed collaborative root cause analysis to resolve software and network issues in production.
- Applying OS patch and upgrade in a multi-platform (RedHat/CentOS) environment on a regular scheduled basis.
- Hardened various Linux RedHat 6 Servers utilizing security policies and CIS Security Benchmark based template.
- Collaborated with Network Admin in Installing, configuring, securing, and implementing slave replication on DNS BIND servers.
- Installed, updated, and configured the necessary packages using the RPM and YUM software/package management.
- Responsible for configuring and connection to SSH through SSH clients like Putty and Cyber duck, also Password-less setup and agent-forwarding done for SSH login using SSH-Keygen tool.
- Worked with the LAN/WAN, firewalls and routing for Internet and Intranet connectivity using different protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, HTTP/s, FTP, SMTP & SSH
- Regularly confers with system administrator and users regarding current and prospective system changes.
- Created and edited Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and documented various performed activities.
- Implemented RedHat systems over the network, implement automated tasks through Cronjobs, resolving tickets according to the priority basis.
- Allocating and managing disk space for development servers depend on their requirement.
- Creation and resizing of Logical Volumes (LVM) for Linux operating system.
- Monitor system activities like CPU, memory, Disk and Swap space usage to avoid any performance issues and Participate in 24x7 on-call support personnel in debugging.
Environment: Red Hat Linux, NFS, Samba, DNS servers, DHCP servers, SSH, NFS, FTP, TCP/IP, DHCP, MySQL, DNS BIND servers,