- IT Professional with 8+ years of experience in DevOps, System engineering, Cloud computing, Build and Release Management.
- Expertise in installation, administration, configuration, performance tuning and troubleshooting of RedHat Linux, CentOS, SUSE, Ubuntu, Solaris, IBM - AIX and Windows.
- Application deployments & environment configuration using Chef and Puppet.
- Experience in execution of XML, Ruby, Shell, Perl, Java, Bash, PowerShell and Python scripts to automate tasks.
- Strong proficiency in supporting Cloud environments (AWS, VMware, Google Cloud).
- Experience in managing automated multiple continuous integrated depots and branch builds on Bamboo, Hudson, Buildforge, Jenkins, TeamCity, and AnthillPro on a network server.
- Experience in Administration/Maintenance of source control management systems, such as Subversion (SVN), Perforce, Sourcetree, Ivy, ClearCase, GIT, TFS and Clear Case on Linux and Windows Environment.
- Experience on .NET, build automation and unit testing scripting and maintaining code repository, create, document, and manage our branching and merging patterns.
- Experience in designing for high availability, building multi-zone and multi-region architectures, and designing across appropriate SQL and NoSQL data layer technologies.
- Experience using cloud providers and API’s for Amazon (AWS) EC2, S3, VPC with CloudSigma (EU) EBS, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, Dynamo DB, GFS storage, Route 53 and setting up instances behind the Elastic Load Balancer(ELB) in AWS for high availability.
- Experience in deploying system stacks for different environments like DEV, UAT, PROD, SIT, QA in both on premise and cloud infrastructure.
- Experienced in building and maintaining Docker and Vagrant infrastructure in agile environment.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP and TFTP), LDAP, SAMBA. Also experienced in handling Static IP entries creation in DNS, DHCP scope creation and performing backup of DNS and DHCP data.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle and MYSQL by using SQL for Data integrity.
- Proficient in deploying applications in WAR, JAR and EAR formats using build tools Ant and Maven.
- Configured and Administered Nexus, Artifactory and Jfrog Repository Manager.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Cobertura, PMD, findbugs and Checkstyle.
- Experience in monitoring System/Application Logs of server using Splunk and Nagios to detect Prod issues.
- Experienced with batch processing of data sources using Apache Spark and Elastic search.
- Extensive experience in development and administration of Atlassian products Confluence, Clover and Jira.
- Experience on developing different web applications using Java, J2EE, Spring, Hibernate.
- Experience in working with bug tracking tools Bugzilla and ClearQuest.
- Experience in maintaining a cluster of JBoss Application Servers and WebSphere Application Server with Apache HTTP Server and Weblogic Application Server.
- Familiar with all major PaaS platforms such as Google App Engine, OpenShift, Cloudfoundry, CloudBees, etc.
- Hands-on experience in all stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including proposal, process engineering, design, development, testing, deployment and support.
- Experience in VMware ESX Server, vSphere, vCenter to build guest OS using cloning.
- Have good working knowledge on distributed computing e.g., Cassandra, Mongo DB.
- Hands on with real time data processing using distributed technologies Storm and Kafka.
- Strong experience with big data processing using Hadoop technologies HDFS, MapReduce, Crunch, Hive and Pig.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
Operating Systems: Linux (RedHat Linux, SUSE, CentOS, Ubuntu) UNIX (IBM-AIX, Solaris) Microsoft Windows.
Scripting Languages: C, C++, C#, XML, ASP.NET Java/J2EE, SQL, Shell, PHP, Perl, Python, Bash, PowerShell, .NET, Ruby.
Web/ Application Servers: WebSphere, Weblogic, Tomcat, JBoss
Databases: MS Access, DB2, Oracle 9i/10g/11g, MySQL, Cassandra, SQL Server, No SQL, Mongo DB
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT, CVS, Sourcetree, ClearCase, Rational Team Concert (RTC), TFS, Perforce, Ivy.
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla, ClearQuest.
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle.
Continuous Integration Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Buildforge, Teamcity, Bamboo, Anthill Pro, Confluence
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios
Configuration Management Tool: Chef, Puppet
Repository Manager: Nexus, Artifactory, Jfrog
Network Protocols: DHCP, DIG, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, Ethernet, Samba, LDAP, NFS, NIS, FTP, TFTP, Apache, IIS, SSH, TCP/IP.
Virtualization/Cloud: Azure, AWS EC2, VPC, AMI, RDS, EBS, CloudWatch, CloudFormation AWS Config, S3, Cloud Trail, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, DynamoDB, and Route 53, Docker, Vagrant, VMware, VMware ESX, vSphere, vRealize, vCenter, vMotion, Hyper-V, Xen.
Devops & Cloud Engineer
- Designed and maintained Subversion/GIT Repositories, views, and the access control.
- Implemented a GIT mirror for SVN repository, which enables users to use both GIT and SVN.
- Created Jenkins CICD pipelines for continuous build & deployment and integrated Junit and SonarQube plugins in Jenkins for automated testing and for Code quality check.
- Provisioned RedHat Enterprise Linux Server using PXE Boot according to requirements.
- Developed Ruby on Rails web applications. Provided Ruby/Java support for the web services and worked on reusable Ruby libraries.
- Configuring and Managing in Hadoop Clusters for Spark streaming jobs using Microsoft Azure and along with SQL.
- Deployed Docker Engines in Virtualized Platforms for containerization of multiple apps.
- Implemented Docker to create containers for Tomcat Servers.
- Administered DNS system in AWS using Route53. Used CloudTrail, CloudPassage Scan tools for AWS security and scanning.
- Implemented multiple high-performance MongoDB replica sets on EC2 with robust reliability
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to backup files and used AWS Glacier to archive files. Also used IAM to manage new accounts, roles and groups.
- Developed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT, EC2 instances, ELB, Security Groups and resized the EBS and root volumes of DEV team.
- Performed Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance (ELB) & AMIs and utilized EBS to store persistent data and mitigate failure by using snapshots.
- Bootstrapped nodes in Chef using Knife and integrated it with auto scaling.
- Hosted application database (MySQL & PostgreSQL) on AWS RDS instances and architected a centralized reporting server for distributed storage of data for various MySQL servers
- Installed and configured Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and managed it with Puppet and installed Nagios adding checks on Windows using NCS Client.
- Developed automation scripting in Python using Puppet to deploy and managed Java applications across Linux servers.
- Used Splunk for performance management of the server and iCinga for Log Trace Monitoring
- Maintained Nexus administration tasks and managing artifacts in Sonatype Nexus repository.
- Created and maintained the Shell and Perl deployment scripts for Tomcat and WebSphere application servers.
Environment: GIT, SVN, Jenkins, Nagios, Linux, Tomcat, WebSphere, Perl, Shell, AWS, Chef, Puppet, Ubuntu, UNIX, Azure, Spark, Hadoop, Junit, Ruby, Windows, Docker, Sonar, RedHat, Nexus, Splunk, iCinga, Java, Python, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo.
DevOps & Cloud Engineer
- Automate Deployment using Ansible to provision amazon AWS Instances to enable continuous deployments.
- Configured local Maven repositories with Nexus repositories and scheduled projects in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Configured the Ansible playbooks with Ansible Tower and wrote playbooks using YAML.
- Established Queuing mechanism using AWS SQS with SNS and Cloud Watch.
- Deployed and configured GIT repositories with branching, forks, tagging, merge requests, and notifications.
- Used bug-tracking software like Jira to find, record, report, manage and track bugs.
- Responsible for encryption and decryption of configuration files using AWS KMS.
- Deployed AWS Elasticbeanstalk applications developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on Apache and IIS.
- Configured Maven POMs to automate the build procedures and added plugins by referring them in the xml.
- Worked on DynamoDB NoSQL database using boto3, which included creation of tables, items and automating the tasks.
- Created PostgreSQL and Oracle databases on AWS and worked on modifying their settings like backup retention period etc.
- Configured Docker images with packages like boto3, AWS CLI and python packages.
- Worked on configuration files ebextensions on Elasticbeanstalk
- Integrate Splunk with AWS deployment using puppet to collect data from all EC2 systems into Splunk.
- Automated RDS, S3, VPC, Elasticbeanstalk, EC2 using python (boto3) and bash (AWScli).
- Worked on encrypting and decrypting files using boto3 and openssl.
Environment: RDS, Elasticbeanstalk, Jenkins, CloudFormation, Jira, Maven, AWS, Ubuntu, UNIX, Junit, Docker, Sonar, DynamoDB, Nexus, Ansible, KMS, S3, VPC, EC2, Splunk, Java, Python, Oracle, PostgreSQL.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Sr. DevOps Engineer
- Implemented GITLab for version control of Puppet modules and process documentation
- Used Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments.
- Administered Docker versioning, troubleshooting and Docker images management.
- Performed J2EE builds for the project, compiled and packaged EAR file using Ant and Maven.
- Involved in writing XML files that contains declarations and moving XML based data across different servers.
- Automated the .NET build process by writing, updating and executing the automated build scripts using MS Build.
- Migrated SQL Server 2008 database to Windows Azure SQL Database
- Wrote Python scripts for pushing data from Mongo DB to MySQL Database
- Worked on installation, configuration and maintenance RedHat Linux, CentOS Servers.
- Worked with Integration of Jira and Cloudfoundry.
- Deployed centralized logging via rsyslog and logStash with Kibana as the web frontend
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to Provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra DB installations, WebLogic domain creations.
- Developed code using big data technologies such as Hadoop and Spark to write MapReduce and have experience with batch processing of data sources using Apache Spark and Elastic search. Also developed Kafka platform to supplement spark.
- Installed Hyper-V infrastructure and integrate with VMware vRealize Automation suite to automate workload provisioning.
- Created and implemented new Nagios health checks to keep the monitoring up to date.
- Migrated web applications from Windows Server 2003 R2 and 2008 to Windows Server 2012 R2 to support vSphere 5.1 infrastructure.
- Created PowerShell Scripts to patch DLLs across various servers and to automate database deployments (Dacpacs) using SSDT.
- Wrote SQL Scripts, Stored procedures and SQL Loader to load reference data.
- Prepared JUnit test -cases and executed server configurations.
- Used AWS CloudWatch to monitor resources such as EC2, RDS, Dynamo DB tables and also to set alarms for notifications and to monitor logs of the operation of the system
- Build server deployment on Cloud AWS (EC2) servers with help of Puppet and used puppet for provisioning.
- Worked with cloud providers and API’s for AWS VPC with CloudSigma (EU) and GFS storage.
Environment: Puppet, GIT, Jenkins, Jira, Docker, J2EE, Ant, Maven, XML, AWS, Chef, Weblogic, Cassandra, Elasticsearch, Azure, Linux, Nagios, Hadoop, .NET, Cloudfoundry, Windows Server, Hyper-V, Apache, PowerShell, SQL, Cloud, MongoDB.
Confidential, Long Island, NY
DevOps Engineer/Puppet Developer
- Automated deployment of Linux applications, system configuration and security settings using Puppet Enterprise.
- Worked on Puppet manifest files creation to install Weblogic instances and to manage configuration files.
- Used Ant, Puppet Scripts with Ivy to build the application and deploy it.
- Created detailed insight into all aspects of business operations through painstaking integration of Graphite, Logstash.
- Configured Nagios monitoring and its plugins to get SNMP data from the routers and servers.
- Used NewRelic for Continuously analyze monitoring logs, measuring performance BottleNecks
- Integrated Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools Checkstyle and Clover.
- Written Maven pom.xml and Phing build.xml for build scripts.
- Installed and configured Jenkins and created parameterized jobs to kick off builds for different environments
- Worked on the Implementation and Testing of exposing an Implementation class as both SOAP and REST using Spring and Jersey Framework.
- Defined dependencies and plugins in Maven pom.xml for various activities and integrated Maven with GIT to manage and deploy project related tags.
- Customized TFS 2010 Work Item Templates.
- Introduced Vagrant to facilitate disposable and repeatable development environments
- Scripted custom utilities for ClearCase and ClearQuest in Perl.
- Used Perforce version control System to manage source code.
- Converted old builds using Make to Ant and XML for doing Java build.
- Performed migrations of virtual servers from Ubuntu physical servers to AWS EC2.
- Converted production environment from AWS AMI’s to a single host running Docker.
- Troubleshoot QA, CERT, UAT, PROD environment issues and supported Production issues.
- Supported HA services and administrated MySQL, Amazon EC2 and Node.js.
- Developed PowerShell scripts to automate VMware host.
- Used ASP.NET caching features, configuring ASP.NET optimizations, securing ASP.NET web application.
- Used Rational Team Concert (RTC) for agile tasks for build management.
- Experience in installation, configuration, Management, supporting and monitoring Hadoop cluster using various distributions such as Apache Spark and Cloudera.
- Responsible for creating jobs in Buildforge to automate the build and deploy processes.
- Implemented Agile/Scrum infrastructures to improve visibility and productivity using Jira.
- Wrote initial versions of the Python and Ruby client libraries.
- Created scripts in Python that integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Used VMware vMotion to move VM’s from one datacenter to another datacenter.
- Wrote Ruby script to consume logs from RabbitMQ to display in Graylog2.
- Virtualized RedHat servers using vSphere 4.1 and managed ESX servers using vCenter and worked with ESX Cluster.
- Developed Splunk infrastructure and managed the Splunk dashboards and alerts.
Environment: Linux, Puppet, Weblogic, Ant, Ivy, Nagios, Perforce, Maven, GIT, Jenkins, Vagrant, Agile, Scrum, ClearCase, TFS, ClearQuest, Ubuntu, Perl, AWS, Docker, Splunk, RTC, ASP.NET, Buildforge, Ruby, Hadoop, Spark, MySQL, Python, RedHat, Jira, PowerShell, XML.
Confidential, Emerald Isle, NC
Build & Release Engineer/DevOps Engineer
- Managed integration with Confluence for release management.
- Developed and deployed JSPs, Servlets, and Java Beans using WebSphere 7.0
- Automated the deployment of MongoDB replicas using a system center orchestrator runbook.
- Administered performance analysis for MS SQL Server and Cassandra databases.
- Incorporated the Code Quality Tools findbugs, PMD and Cobertura into Maven Projects.
- Lead various phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Requirements analysis, Design, Development, Implementation, Testing for Enterprise applications
- Developed an application under J2EE Architecture using spring, Struts, Hibernate, Groovy, Servlets, WebLogic and Couchbase.
- Administrated Perforce, created users, and provide access to them based on their roles. Written shell scripts to take automatic backup every day.
- Worked in C++ on OMVS and implemented the application in Mainframe server.
- Constructed a RESTful API to manage infrastructure services using Python and Flask.
- Designed and developed automated deployment and scaling processes based on Vagrant and Chef for a wide range of application tiers Elastic search, Zend PHP and IIS Clusters.
- Managed Ubuntu, UNIX and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2, DNS & S3 using Chef Server and also created and managed Chef POC environment.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef and implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef.
- Written Make, Maven and Ant build tools for application layer modules.
- Maintained all security and policies of the whole code base using Team Foundation Server(TFS) 2008 integrated functionality, TFS Power Tools.
- Developed ASP.NET user controls/custom controls using C#.
- Used MS Access to process queries on the server and to build Java applications.
- Created deployment request tickets in Bugzilla for the deploying the code to Production.
- Configured Source Code Management tools with Bamboo and executed triggers in SVN.
- Wrote Maven and Gradle Scripts to automate the build process.
- Installed and managed Nexus repository manager for handling dependency management.
- Implemented and maintained Apache Httpd, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, Samba, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management & Security trouble shooting skills.
- Developed automation and deployment utilities using Ruby, Bash and PowerShell.
- Wrote Perl scripts with Arrays to Insert/Delete/Modify content on different servers.
- Migrated Tomcat, memcached, Apache and Oracle from private cloud to Hyper-V.
- Supported and installed large 24x7 production PostgreSQL /DB2 environments handling complex OLTP.
- Tested Splunk search strings & operational strings and used it as resource monitoring tool.
- Evaluated performance and suggested latest upgrades and technologies for NoSQL databases.
- Installation, configuration & administration of RedHat Linux version 4, 5 & 6 and AIX 5.1/5.2/5.3.
- Performed application installation and management on Linux servers for applications like Web Sphere Application Server (WAS) 7, JBoss 4.2.x, 5.x, Oracle 10g, Sybase 12.5 etc.
- Used JBoss for building, deploying, and hosting transactional Java applications.
Environment: Confluence, MongoDB, MSSQL, AWS, Ant, Python, Perforce, Vagrant, Bamboo, Chef, DB2, C++, C#, SVN, Bugzilla, TFS, Nexus, Apache, SDLC, Gradle, Weblogic, Ruby, Bash, Powershell, Perl, Splunk, NoSQL, Oracle, RedHat Linux, AIX, JBoss, Cassandra.
Confidential, New Rochelle, NY
Build Release Engineer/ DevOps Engineer
- Used Kickstart and Anaconda for configuring and monitoring systems on RedHat Linux.
- Installed and configured HBA cards on all the attached boxes that were connected to the SAN.
- Disaster Recovery and file restoration on Windows, AIX and UNIX server/client systems.
- Complex troubleshooting of the LAMPStack in multitier MySQL, Apache and PHP web application environments.
- Experience in automated builds using TFS team build and Cruisecontrol.net build for .NET applications.
- Developed DB2 queries and written PL/ SQL procedures
- Worked on Cassandra by connecting different environments to these databases in lower and production environments.
- Worked in creation of NoSQL data models, data load and worked on Apache Cassandra writing NoSQL routines.
- Installed and configured Atlassian products like Bamboo, Confluence, FishEye and Crucible to support Agile SDLC methodology.
- Coding the designed modules C, C++, multi-threading, data structure and algorithms.
- Using C# to create custom objects to handle functions difficult to implement with PowerShell.
- Worked with WebSphere Commerce migrations and encryption of data.
- Administered several Citrix Xen Server pools and VMWare ESX servers.
- Administered a shared MongoDB cluster and application servers running JVM micro services
- Used Rational Buildforge to integrate into current environment and supports major development languages, scripts, tools, and platforms.
- Executed the DB Scripts (DML and DDL) which have dependencies on the code on Oracle DB.
- Configuration of Linux Kernel Module, NFS client/server, Telnet and FTP, swap space and administrating and controlling the processes on the system and automating repetitive tasks.
- Created, deployed and performed disk management using LVM.
- Repair improper configurations in existing systems: SMTP, IMAP, DNS, WIFI, NIS etc.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion (SVN).
- Used Jfrog’s artifactory in managing Ivy dependency manager and Gradle project automation.
- Use physical boards or Jira Scrum board, for daily project updates: Planning and Tracking.
- Responsible for writing/modifying scripts using sh, ksh, and Bash
- Implemented Web Services using SOAP, REST and XML/HTTP technologies.
- Implemented ClearCase & ClearQuest and Clear Case UCM configuration and change management tool.
- Wrote XMLs and used Ant scripts to deploy to Websphere and Weblogic environments.
- Modified Ant scripts to build the JAR's, Class files, WAR files and EAR files from VOB's.
- Worked as a Senior C Developer and offshore POC my main task was to gather and analyze the requirements and needs to coordinate the team at offshore.
- Implemented Anthill Pro and Hudson for continuous integration builds, automated deployments and notifications.
Environment: RedHat Linux, AIX, UNIX, LAMPStack, MySQL, Apache, MongoDB, NoSQL, Cassandra, WebSphere, Weblogic, Bamboo, Confluence, Oracle, Ant, Buildforge, SVN, Gradle, Jira, Bash, ClearCase, ClearQuest, Hudson, Windows, C, C++, C#, PowerShell.