- 10+ years with strong experience in CM tools like Perforce, GIT, Subversion, CVS and Clear case as Build/Release/Deployment/CI Engineer along with Development experience.
- Experience on various flavors of UNIX System like Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, CentOS, Solaris, IBM AIX, HP, and Windows.
- Expertise in using build tools like Gradle, MAVEN and ANT for the building of deployable artifacts such as War & Ear from source code.
- Experienced in Chef and Puppet, Ansible for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Experienced knowledge and solid understanding of DevOps and continuous delivery tools such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Etc.
- Experience in using version controller tools like Subversion (SVN), TFS, GIT, GITHUB, MSBUILD.
- Expertise in WAMP (Windows, Apache, MYSQL, and Python) and LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and Python) Architecture.
- Experience in using CI tools Jenkins, Bamboo, Chef, Puppet and Ansible for automated builds.
- Experience in creating the company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, CENTOS, Windows) servers along with creating and implementing a cloud strategy based on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experienced in strategy and practical implementation of AWS Cloud-Specific technologies which include EC2, EBS, S3, VPC, RDS, SES, ELB, EMR, ECS, Cloud Front, Cloud Forefmation, Elastic Cache, Cloud Watch, RedShift, Terraform, Lambda, SNS, Dynamo DB.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on buildon internal Data Centre Servers. Also, re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Worked with Docker Management Platform, Leveraged Custom Docker Images as Containerized Apps with in the Docker Engine as Multi Stack Application like LAMP
- Installation, Configuration and Management of RDBMS and NoSql tools such as MySQL, DB2, PostgreSQL, MongoDB & Cassandra.
- Experienced in running Vcenter Orchestrator to create workflows and recover the data from disaster and migrate virtual machines and resources.
- Used Spring Core Annotations for Dependency Injection and Spring Boot for executing engines in Apache Marathon and Mesos.
- Knowledge on networking protocols (e.g., HTTP, TCP, IP, SSH, FTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP NFS, RPM, YUM, LDAP and Auto FS, LAN, WAN, iptables), load balancer, firewall, storage.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Expertise in Enterprise repository management tools like Nexus, Artifactory etc.
- Extensive experience in the design and implementation of Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Deployment and DevOps processes for agile projects.
- Experienced in deployment of applications on Apache Webserver, Nginx and Application Servers such as Tomcat, JBoss.
- Quick in learning new technologies and a good team player working with Project Managers, Architects, Team Leads, Developers, Business Analysts, Testers.
Build Tools: MAVEN, ANT, Gradle, MSBuild and cruise control.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Fisheye, Crucible, Bamboo, Cucumber, Crowd and confluence, IBM Clear Quest, Zephyr
Web/ Application Servers: Apache Tomcat, Apache Proxy, JBOSS, Web sphere, Web logic
SCM/Version Control Tools: GIT, SVN, Perforce, Team Foundation Server (TFS), Clear Case & Teamcity.
Automation container: Docker, kubernetes marathon and mesos.
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins/Hudson, bamboo, Team City, Build Forge, Anthillpro, TFS Visual Studio Build
Continuous Deployment tools: Puppet, Ansible and Chef.
Application configuration: Mongo DB, Express Js, Angular Js, Node Js & terraform
Cloud services: Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services(AWS), EC2, RDS, VPC, S3, ROUTE53, SNS, SQS, Cloud front, EBS, ELB, Cloud watch, Elastic beanstalk, Open Shift, OpenStack, Heroku and Cloud trail.
Monitoring tools: Nagios, splunk, grafana, sonarqube and Selenium
Scripting Languages: UNIX, Shell scripting, Perl, Ruby, YAML and Python
Operating system: Unix, Linux (Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat, Centos) &Windows
Content management tools: Neos, Ektron and Alfresco
Programming Languages: C, C++, Java/J2EE, .Net (NuGet packages )
Database: RDBMS Oracle, Spark, Teradata, Mongo Db, Cassandra, Netezza, MY SQL, SQL Server
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr. AWS/DevOps Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Worked as a Build Engineer for a team that involves three different developments teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Proposed industry best branching strategies and created branches to implement parallel development in fast paced agile environment.
- Involved in End-to-End, Build, Release Management process using Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Gradle.
- Administration of DevOps tools suite: Puppet Enterprise, AWS, Open stack, Jenkins, Udeploy, GitHub, JIRA, Confluence, Anthill Pro, Splunk.
- Created post commit and pre-push hooks using Python in SVN and GIT repos.
- Setting up the SVN and GIT repos for Jenkins build jobs.
- Automate Application Delivery using Puppet and Urban Code Deploy(UDeploy) tool suite.
- Used Docker to Showcase the build microservices to modularize design and isolate the development of containers.
- Used kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple namespaced versions.
- Written and implemented Perl script to modify LDAP database.
- Wrote Ant build scripts for creating jar, war and ear artifacts, which were then deployed to Tomcat and WebLogic.
- Configuring 'nginx' for proxying, RESTful API calls to micro-services in Docker containers.
- Responsible to maintain SOAP UI and RESTful API Webservices.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, Redshift, Lambda, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, SNS, Optimized volumes and Cloud Formation templates.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Involved in performance monitoring tools like Iaas, AWS CloudWatch and stackdriver.
- Used Rational Clear Case as a Version control system. Managed Integration Streams.
- Installed and administer Atlassian tool set including JIRA, Confluence, Fisheye and Crucible.
- Developed CI/CD process for front-end Angular application, using Jenkins and Udeploy for contentious integration and deployment, integrated Sonar for code Quality.
- Expertise with Maven Dependency, plugin and nexus repository management during the builds.
- Installed and administered nexus repository and created roles and privileges to restrict access to the users.
- Involved in troubleshooting build issues for java errors due to vast exposure to language.
- Integrated the existing Ant scripts to automate the code quality report generation process for the existing legacy based applications
- Installed Jenkins and perform troubleshooting during installation to implement the CI process for the java application builds.
- Created Slaves to implement the build farm where multiple builds run on multiple slave machines in Jenkins
- Deployed the static code in to front end apache webserver.
- Designed, implemented and documented Puppet deployments for Dev & SIT env’s for 4 applications.
- Work directly with Project Managers to establish and create & design the release plan.
Environment: - Subversion, Shell, Perl, AWS .., Chef, Docker, Ansible, Alfresco,SonarQube, Jira, Terraform,C#, SQL, .NET, ASP.NET,Java/J2ee,Kubernetes,Python, Ant, Maven, Nexus, Nginx, Splunk,Apache Marathon and Mesos.
Sr. Windows/Linux Admin.
- Involved in the Migration of Databases from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005.
- Provide 24 X 7 dedicated support to all Production, QA & Development MS SQL Server Environments.
- Prepared Documentation for the Disaster Recovery plan.
- Managing Databases spread across multiple servers in Production, Development, staging & testing environments.
- Responsible for installing and maintaining SQL 2008 R2 Cluster environment and Performed migrations from SQL server 2005 to SQL server 2008R2/2012.
- Applying existing servers with relevant Service Packs, Hotfixes and any Critical Security Updates released by Microsoft.
- Experience in configuring report manager for creating report subscriptions, snapshots, and caching and optimized Performance and Capacity planning of Various Data processes related to Reports.
- Installed/configured/maintainedthe Linux servers, DNS, NFS, Mailing List, Sendmail, apache, FTP, SSHD.
- Created Database Management Warehouse.
- Uploaded Reports on to Report manager and Organized them based on Business Rules.
- Network troubleshooting in complex environments, VLAN configurations.
- Assist in development, improvement and maintenance of imaging, deployment solution.
- Administer multiple disjoint Active Directory Forests, Domains, DHCP, DNS and various other Infrastructure services. Trust relationships setup, dc promo and decommission of AD.
- Updates, patching and software installations via group policies (GPO)
- Racking and patching equipment as needed.
- VMware mixed mode support environment customer test environment.
- Configuration of active directory in Windows operating system.
- Experienced working with Microsoft Excel, Word and power point
Environment: SQL Server 2000/2005, T-SQL, Excel, Advanced Windows 2003 Server & PVCS Version Control Management, VMware, LINUX, Oracle, Windows server, MySQL, Post gre SQL, SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2/2012, Windows 2008 server, Windows Server 2008(x64).
Confidential, Alviso, CA
Sr. Build/Release Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for all the build and release activities in IT Applications.
- Responsible for doing software rollouts for real customer TiVo units.
- Managing different branches for bi- weekly support releases and project releases in parallel.
- Automated the build and deployment process to DEV/QA/PRE- PROD and PROD environments using anthillpro.
- •Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build
- Coordinating with Operations and DBA for release planning.
- Involved in bugzilla enhancements.
- Automated AWS components like EC2 instances, Security groups, ELB, RDS, and IAM through AWS cloud Formation templates and used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Wrote the Ansible playbooks which are the entry point for Ansible provisioning, where the automation is defined through tasks using YAML format. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes
- Developed and performed various ClearCase administration tasks, including upgrade tasks, developing trigger scripts, monitoring ClearCase storage space, licensing issues.
- Setup anthillpro, setup builds deployment request and deployments in anthillpro.
- Responsible for branching and merging of code base for various, parallel releases.
- Locking and unlocking branches.
- Assisting developers with any build issues, perforce related issues.
- Responsible for conducting weekly DEV/OPS meetings and filling gaps between OPS and DEV team.
- Automated SONAR code analysis for the night builds to scan Java code and notify the developers if any new violations are added in the last updated code.
- Responsible in defining the release process and timelines for projects.
- Planning releases with Zero downtime and no impact for the partners.
- Communication with partners for the upcoming releases.
- Setup maven archive internal repository and maintaining local repositories on Build agents.
- Responsible for Primary and Secondary workflows in anthillpro.
- Retrofitted the production deployment process to QA and Dev.
- Opened defects about AnthillPro functionality to Urban code.
- Installed and configured maven on Development machines, build machines and AnthillPro agents.
- Support other teams in Tivo, which use Hudson continuous integration tool.
- Involved in designing and maintaining deployment scripts.
- Automated SOAP UI testing in various environments using AnthillPro.
- Responsible for standardization of maven goals in the build process.
- Support various teams in organization with different type of issues related to TiVo box provisioning and software updates.
Environment: -Maven, svn, git, anthillpro,Hudson, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible,udeploy, SonarQube,SOAP, jira, bash shell.
Sr. AWS/Devops Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities
- Worked with an agile development team to deliver an end to end continuous integration/continuous delivery product in an open source environment using chef and Jenkins
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automation the build processes. Create Jenkins job to build the artifacts using maven, deploy the Terraform templates to create the stack.
- Support a high-level AWS hosting group using Bamboo/Alfresco in the DevOps environment to manage the integration of various scripts for continuous deployment.
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Performed SVN to GIT migration and Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing GIT.
- Creating scripts for system administration and AWS using languages such as BASH and Python.
- Build and deployJ2EE application in Web Sphere. Build and maintain SQLscripts and execute different scripts for different environments.
- Automation of the build and deployment using Jenkins and uDeploy.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef and AWS cloudformation templates.
- Used a microservice architecture, with Spring Boot-based services interacting through a combination of REST and MQ and leveraging AWS to build, test, deploy Identity microservices and JSP, CSS3, jQuery and Angularjs.
- Implemented docker -maven-plugin in and maven pom to build docker images for all microservices and later used Dockerfile to build the docker images from the java jar files.
- Combined Chef and AWS CloudFormation to automate the deployment using JSON framework.
- Created and maintained Shell deployment scripts for WebLogic web application servers.
- Created Amazon S3 buckets to keep the web app files and the CloudFormation templates.
- Used Jenkins to create a build job that spawns the Cloud Formation stack using Jenkins-cloudformation-plugin.
- Written custom scripts for backing up data for more than 2 weeks into S3 bucket and for longer period the data was moved to RedShift.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Involved in developing Docker based infrastructure- Kubernetes and Mesos.
- Worked on testing, evaluation and troubleshooting of MongoDB and Cassandra NoSQL database systems and cluster configurations to ensure high-availability in various crash scenarios.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks, recipes, Roles, attributes in Ruby and Cloudformation templates.
- Writing json templates for cloud formation and Ruby scripts for chef automation and contributing to our repository on GitHub(sub version control).
- Involved in Building the Docker containers and deploy them into AWS container as service
- Used Docker and OpenShift to manage micro services for development and testing.
- Working with Terraform to create AWS components like EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Security groups
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in OpenStack cloud, integrating it with Ansible/Puppet.
- Manage Amazon redshift clusters such as launching cluster and specifying node type as well.
- Automated provisioning and scaling of Couch base cluster using AWS Opsworks stacks.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using CloudWatch and for App using Nagios.
Environment: -C#, SQL, Java/J2ee, Ruby, AWS .., Chef, Puppet, Docker,OpenShift, WebLogic, Maven, SVN, Git, Jenkins,Terraform,bash shell,Apache Marathon and Mesos.
Linux / Build and Release Engineer
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Promotion of Code - includes both manually compiling and builds through TFS
- Tracked software customization, defects and issues via TFS
- Worked on TFS 2013 Sandbox.
- Mentoring Accel team for TFS activities, providing Coaching and delivering Application Lifecycle Management Tools.
- Automated the test scripts using VSTS framework with MTM interface integration and Coded UI.
- Build credibility, establish report, and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple levels, including those external to the organization
- Coach, mentor and lead personnel within a technical team environment
- Present periodic Dashboard reports on the current program, future opportunities and client issues.
- Monitored, maintained, and controlled hardware and software configurations in classified network environment.
- Identified and maintained inventory of items under configuration control.
- Supervised and guided team to establish quality and CM standards as per agile methodology and implemented the agile templates in TFS.
- Provided delivery management to ensure customer satisfaction and reference-ability
- Promotion of Code - includes both manually compiling and builds through TFS
- Creation and definition of a Code Migration Plan
- Defined and implemented a division wide MS SharePoint solution for Configuration Management of project documentation
- Wrote CM plan plans
- Developed and maintained automated build scripts written with MSbuild
- Generated and reconciled build issue lists and documented other release information
- Implement, define, and enforce process throughout each project's lifecycle
- Led-Cross-functional team that analyzed, identified, documented requirements for, and implemented an enterprise wide source code control and bug/issue tracking system
- Manage and Maintain Borland StarTeam 2005 R2 server
- Liaised with Projects & Operations team and successfully migrated Projects into Production Environment.
- Experienced in configuration management using Visual Studio Team System (VSTS), Team Foundation Server (TFS), VSS and Subversion.
- Set up "Continuous Integrations" & Manual Build Trigger for Build Definitions that does a Deployment into the Servers.
- Identified new tools, technologies, and processes to improve the reliability, repeatability, and efficiency of builds, releases and QA
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple related projects directed toward strategic business and other organizational objectives.
Environment: Windows 2003/2008 server standard/Enterprise edition R2, Sql Server 2005/2008, Linux, TFS 2008, MSbuild, VS 2008, IIS 6.5, MS Project, Project server 2008, SharePoint 2008.