Sr. Devops/aws Engineer Resume
- A Technocrat around 8 years in various roles as AWS DevOps engineer with excellent experience in Automating, Configuring and Deploying instances on Cloud environments and Data Centers, CI/CD pipeline, Build and Release Engineer, AWS/Azure and Linux/Windows Administration.
- Hands on experience on cloud services such as Microsoft Azure, AWS and Google Cloud.
- Strong Experience in setting up enterprise infrastructure on AWS platform and In - depth knowledge in designing highly available, fault tolerant, scalable systems like EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, AMI, SNS, SQS, RDS, IAM, Lambda, Route 53, Auto scaling, Load Balancing, Cloud Front, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation, OpsWorks, NAT Gateways, Subnets, Security Groups and NACL's.
- Skilled experience in building cloud infrastructure with providers such as AWS, Windows Azure, VMWare.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby and Docker on familiar servers like Apache .
- Used kubernetes for container operations in AWS , used kubernetes clusters as a network and load balancer, also kubernetes is also good at running web applications in a cluster way, also used in multiple services by creating images and reduced space.
- Implemented Data warehouse solutions in AWS Redshift worked on various projects to migrate data from on database to AWS Redshift, RDS and S3.
- Expertise in Devops, Release Engineering, Configuration Management, Cloud Infrastructure, Automation using Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, SVN, Salt Stack, GitHub, TFS, Clear Case, Tomcat, JBoss, LINUX etc.
- Designed GIT branching strategies, merging per the needs of release frequency by implementing GIT flow workflow on Bitbucket. Used GIT for commit and push and pull operations in the project.
- Developed and deployed Chef based cookbooks, recipes, attributes and roles and managed servers on the Amazon Web Services platform instances using Puppet, Chef configuration management.
- Experience in Kubernetes to deploy scale, load balance and manage Docker containers with multiple name spaced versions. Implemented a Docker delivery pipeline allowing for CI/CD of Java tomcat web service containers.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, Waterfall methodologies.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes , Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes.
- Extensive experience using Ant, Maven , Teamcity as a Build Tools for building deployable artifacts such as (jar, war & ear) from source code.
- Experienced in troubleshooting and automated deployment to web and application servers like WebSphere, WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat .
- Experience in Bug Tracking tool like Jira, Clear Quest .
- Managing and monitoring the server and network infrastructure using Nagios . Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios.
- Experienced in LINUX/Unix System Administration production, test and development servers, System Builds, Server Builds, Installations, Upgrades, Patches, Migration and Troubleshooting of RHEL Servers.
- Excellent understanding of Network topologies such as LAN, WAN, VPN and Firewalls.
- Experience in writing Bash Shell Scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management using Cron Jobs.
- Expertise in implementation and maintenance of Apache Http, SMTP, DHCP, NFS, NIS, NIS+, LDAP, DNS, SAMBA, SQUID, Postfix, send mail, FTP, Remote Access, Security Management Security trouble shooting skills. Deep understanding of Protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS, SSL/TLS.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Built and maintained Docker container clusters managed by Kubernetes, Linux, Bash, GIT, Docker on GCP.
- Expertise in Virtualization technologies like VMware ESX/ESXI, CITRIX XEN SERVER/OPENSTACK and involved in the maintenance of virtual servers.
SCM Tools: Subversion, GIT, Bitbucket, SVN, VSS, CVS, Perforce.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, TEAMCITY, Bamboo.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN and Gradle, MSbuild, BuildMaster.
Operating System: Windows XP 2000/2003/2008, UNIX, LINUX, CentOS, Ubuntu.
Bug Tracking & Testing Tools: JIRA, Junit, HP Quality Center, Selenium, Bugzilla.
Configuration and Automation Tools: Chef, Puppet, and Ansible, Saltstack.
SDLC: Agile, Scrum Waterfall Methodologies.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, Python, Ruby, Java/J2EE.
Scripts: Shell Script, ANT Script, Batch Script, Perl Script, Power Shell Script.
Web Technologies: Servlets, JDBC, JSP, HTML, Java Script, XML.
Web/App servers: Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS.
RDBMS: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL.
Containerization: Docker, Kubernetes, Marathan, Mesos.
Monitoring: Nagios, Ngnix, Splunk, Datadog.
AWS: RDS,EC2,EBS,S3Buckets,IAM,NACL,DNS,DNS,DynamoDB,MangoDB, Lambda, Cassandra, Auto Scaling, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch.
Confidential, Columbia, SC
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Created AWS IAM users with Code Pipeline Full Access, Amazon EC2 Full Access, Amazon S3 Full Access and AWS Code Deploy Full Access, generated security credentials and provided those credentials to users to get AWS access.
- Setup VPC's and subnets using Cloud Formation templates for various applications and Configured Elastic Load Balancer (ELB) for routing traffic. Tracked the efficiency of all AWS services and provide application owners with performance-based SLAs.
- Triggered Lambda from DynamoDB where Lambda runs data transformation code and loads results into data warehouse by using Redshift which is an Internet hosting service.
- Responsible for using AWS Console and AWS CLI for deploying and operating AWS services specifically VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, IAM, ELB, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch.
- Hands on experience in amazon web services which includes Server Migration, Route 53, SQS, VPC, S3, Dynamo DB, SNS, Glacier, RDS, EC2 Container Service, Lambda.
- Configured and managed source code using GIT and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers provided consistent environment.
- Well experience in generating ANT/MAVEN with Puppet build scripts for deployment, also experience with Maven Pom.xml's and Ant build.xml's.
- Experienced and a strong passion for the LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL& PHP) development stack.
- Developed the Jenkins Architecture, with Master and Slave Systems and Maintained Artifacts in Repositories such as Nexus and GIT.
- Experience in using Nexus, Artifactory and JFrog Repository Managers for Maven and Ant builds.
- Designed and built deployment using Ant/Shell scripting and automate overall process using SubVersion and Maven.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Maven from manually and Bit Bucket.
- Automated Weekly releases with Maven scripting for Compiling Java Code, Debugging and Placing Builds into Maven Repository.
- Integrated Jenkins SonarQube plugin to centralize the configuration of SonarQube server connection details in Jenkins global configuration.
- Migrated the Build tool Jenkins to Bamboo and integrated with Bit bucket and Jira.
- Used Jenkins and pipelines to drive all Microservices builds out to the Docker registry and then deployed to Kubernetes , Created Pods and managed using Kubernetes .
- Worked on various POCs to demonstrate the feasibility of implementing CI/CD in various projects.
- Used the continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins for automating/Scheduling the build processes and used Jenkins along with Shell or Python scripts to automate routine jobs. Configure linked CI/CD tools to implement Blue - Green deployment methodology for reducing down time in Production environment.
- Responsible for Plugin Management, User Management, creating Jobs, Build/Release Pipelines in Jenkins . Responsible to setup Jenkins server and build jobs to provide continuous automated builds based on polling and post-hook scripts in source control systems (GIT and Bit bucket) during the day and periodic.
- Written Chef Cookbooks and recipes in Ruby to provision several pre-prod environments consisting of Cassandra, Web logic domain creations and several proprietary middleware installations.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Managed Elastic Cloud Computing (EC2) instances utilizing auto scaling, Elastic Load Balancing, and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and CHEF .
- Created Docker images using a Docker file, worked on Docker container snapshots, removing images and managing Docker volumes. Expertise in setting up Docker Host, Docker Registry, RHEL/ CentOS Atomic Host, Docker images (CentOS, RHEL and Ubuntu instances).
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs. And also configuration automation using Docker containers , Mesos , Marathon and microservices.
- Executed Kubernetes locally with Minikube , Created local clusters and deployable application containers.
- Deployed and configured Jira , both hosted and local instances for issue tracking, workflow collaboration, and tool-chain automation.
- Integrated Docker container-based test infrastructure to Jenkins CI test flow and set up build environment integrating with Git and Jira to trigger builds using Web Hooks and Slave Machines.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool to identify and resolve infrastructure problems before they affect critical processes, also worked on Nagios Event handlers in case of automatic restart of failed applications and services.
- DNS and load balancing experience on Nginx.
- Worked on web servers like Apache and application servers like Web logic, Tomcat, Web sphere, JBOSS to deploy code. integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Responsible in deploying the application JARs, WARs, EARs in Apache Tomcat application servers and troubleshoot any deployment issue.
- Worked with various scripting languages like Bash and Shell Script
ENVIRONMENT: AWS, Iam, Ec2, S3 Bucket, Jenkins, Linux, Sub Version, Git, GitBash, Git Hub, Svn, Ant, Maven, Puppet, Vpc, Ebs, Ecb, Cloud Formation, Cloudwatch, Cloudtrail, My Sql, Php, Nexus, Bamboo, Jira, Docker, Kubernetes, Shell, Java, Chef, Cloud Computing, Centos, Mesos, Marathon, Apache Tomcat, Jboss, Nagios, Splunk, Nginx.
Confidential, Chicago, IL.
AWS DevOps Engineer
- Setup and built AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS , Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Worked with various teams to support and optimize the AWS cloud infrastructure for production, staging and development environments, troubleshoot performance issues, and resolve production incidents.
- Used CloudTrail , TESSA, Cloud Passage, Check Marx, Qualys Scan tools for AWS security and scanning.
- Written Cloud Formation Template to store the log-files and back-files of different data servers as well as Application servers in AWS S3 buckets and organized those files.
- Migration of database from Cassandra to DynamoDB.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS nodes and Tested Playbooks on AWS instances using Python and run Ansible Scripts to Provide Dev Servers.
- Ensured secure access to AWS resources through IAM groups, IAM Roles , IAM policy and Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA).
- Designed the data models to be used in data intensive AWS Lambda applications which are aimed to do complex analysis creating analytical reports for end-to-end traceability, lineage, definition of Key Business elements from Aurora .
- Design and develop to create custom VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Profusely worked on Version control tools like Subversion, GIT , clear case to track changes made by different people in source code.
- Designed and implemented GIT metadata including elements, labels, attributes, triggers and hyperlinks. Handled various Ruby API's REST.
- Responsible for source code management in Bit Bucket . Used Bit Bucket for secure, fast, enterprise-grade controls, like fine-grained permissions, pipeline and powerful management features.
- Implemented new Docker container creation process for each GitHub branch. Container gets started using Jenkins as Continuous Integration server.
- Experience in using TeamCity, Jenkins , Code Deploy for CI/CD pipelines, Experience in Jenkins and TeamCity to automate most of the build related tasks.
- Created additional Docker Slave Nodes for Jenkins using custom Docker Images and pulled them to ECR. Worked on all major components of Docker like, Docker Daemon , Hub, Images, Registry, Swarm etc.
- Tested and implemented validated merge feature on cloud bees Jenkins to facilitate frequent commits from developers then a build is triggered on Jenkins , if the build is successful the code changes will be pushed to upstream repository.
- Used Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting also for VM provisioning in staging environment.
- Experienced with deployment automation of all the microservices to pull image from the private Docker Registry and deploy to Docker swarm cluster using Ansible.
- Hands on experience on automating various infrastructure activities like Continuous Deployment, Application Server setup, Stack monitoring using Ansible playbooks and worked on Integrating Ansible with Run deck and Jenkins .
- Customized Ansible role for automated deployments of the Dynatrace Java Agent for Glassfish.
- Created the Ant scripts and extension of existing Ant scripts for deployment of applications to HUDSON.
- Monitored software, hardware, and/or middleware updates and utilizing technologies like Jenkins/Hudson, Ant, MS Build, and Subversion .
- Monitored Apache Ant build process using Apache Ant Listeners such as Log4JListener and Apache Ant Loggers such as Default Logger, Mail Logger.
- Used Docker for packaging applications and designed the entire cycle of application development and used Virtualized Platforms for Deployment of containerization of multiple apps.
- Migrated Mesos/Marathon to docker swarm for the micro services project.
- Used Docker container clusters to clone the production servers and implementing Kubernetes orchestration for clones production servers. Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant, auto scaling Kubernetes AWS infrastructure and micro service container orchestration.
- Responsible of installing, updating, diagnosing and troubleshooting the issue tracking and project management application, learning agile methodology by JIRA.
- Experience in deploying the code through web application servers like Web Sphere/Web Logic/ Apache Tomcat/JBOSS and Tomcat over AWS Cloud.
- Skilled in monitoring servers using Nagios, Data dog, Cloud watch and using ELK Stack Elastic Search Log stash.
- Administering Splunk and Splunk Apps to include developing new or extending existing Apps to perform specialized functionality. Hands on experience in development experience in customizing Splunk dashboards.
ENVRONMENT: Aws, Vpc, Ec2, S3buckets, Iam, Ebs, Autoscaling, Rds, Cloud Trail, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Ansible, SSH, Lambda, Cloud Watch, Git, GitHub, Sub Version, Docker, Team City, Jenkins, Hudson, Ant, MSBuild, Kubernetes, Jira, Tomcat, Jboss, Nagios, Data Dog, Splunk.
Confidential, Dallas, TX.
- Developed and implemented software release management strategies for various applications according to Agile process.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing AWS Stack (Including EC2, VPC, Route53, S3, RDS, DynamoDB , SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Worked on source controller tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), CVS, and Bit Bucket, Strong command on source controller concepts such as Branches, Merges and Tags.
- Worked with GitHub private repositories and creating S3 backups by enabling versioning, and moved objects to Amazon Glacier for archiving purpose.
- Maintain Automated build systems, implement scripts for JAVA applications using MS build .
- Implemented Continuous Delivery framework using Chef , MsBuild & Artifactory in MS windows server environment.
- Responsible for Automating Java Builds with Maven. Implemented multiple plugins for Code analysis, Junit, Code coverage, PMD, SonarQube , etc.
- Responsible for User Management, Administration, Group Management, Slave Management, new job setup in Jenkins.
- Leveraging Ansible and Packer implemented a streamlined Jenkins solution allowing for initial environment spin up and or recovery in minutes
- Resolved update, merge and password authentication issues in Jenkins and Jira.
- Configured Jenkins CI tool to automate the regression testing by including test cases using Selenium Plugin in Jenkins.
- Provide program analysis through Jira, Splunk, Sonar, Relic and Quick Build.
- Experienced in working with Ticketing & Tracking Tools like JIRA, Remedy, HPSM and IBM Rational Clear Quest, TFS.
- Expertise in Automation of various day-to-day administration task by developing Bash, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell and Python Scripts.
- Designed Puppet Modules to manage configurations and automate installation process and developed automation scripting using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Installed/Configured and Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet community and Puppet Enter GITHUB prise.
- Implemented Puppet modules to automate the installation and configuration for a broad range of services and well versed with creation of Puppet profiles and role modules.
- Experienced on building Docker images including setting the entry point and volumes also ran Docker containers.
ENVIRONMENT:: Git, Subversions, Cvs, Bitbucket, Github, Java, MsBuild, Jenkins, Ansible, Jira, TFS, Selenium, Bash, Ruby, Perl, Power Shell, Python, Puppet.
Confidential, Irvine, CA.
Build and release Engineer
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with ANT and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin and managing Maven repositories.
- Used Maven dependency management system to deploy snapshot and release artifacts to Nexus to share artifacts across projects.
- Configured plugins for the integration tools to the Git version control.
- Worked in Installation, Migration, Integration, Implementation, Release and building of products.
- Administered Jenkins, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast-Paced Engineering Environment.
- Worked on Front end automation testing for Admin Portal using Selenium.
- Create and attach volumes on to AWS EC2 instances.
- Provisioning AWS environments using CHEF.
- Developed numerous Tools in bash and Python to automate the build and release processes.
- Demonstrated expertise with data extract and query tools (SQL/Oracle).
- Knowledge in J2EE/Android build/packaging, good communication skill, experience of working between offshore/onshore.
- Implemented Jira with Maven release plugin for tracking bugs and defects.
Environment: Java, DB, Eclipse, Selenium, Unix, SVN, GIT, Apache Maven, Jenkins, Tomcat, Shell Script, Python, Puppet, Chef, AWS EC2.
- Installation and configuration of Linux servers ( RHEL, centos, OEL ).
- Management of system logs (syslog server), system automated tasks (Cron jobs).
- User, group creation and management, files and folders permissions on Linux server.
- Installed and configured SSH to enable secure access to the servers.
- Created Branches, Labels and performed Merges in Stash and Git.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of Apache TOMCAT, Web Sphere and Jboss servers in Sun Solaris and Linux environment.
- Worked on Linux server configuring DNS, SSH, NFS, HTTP, LDAP, File system Management.
- Create, Manage and configure virtual machine VMs on VMware platform.
- Experience in providing day-to-day user administration like adding/deleting users and managing user's queries and maintained Servers.
- Management of Red Hat Linux user accounts, groups, directories, file permissions and sudo rules.
- Diagnosed and resolved problems associated with DNS, SVN, APACHE and all OS related issues.
- Worked on Disk Partition, mirroring root disk drive, configuring device groups in UNIX and LINUX environment.
- Package management using RPM and YUM repositories.
- Automated system management tasks like user account creation, file system size monitoring, monitor system resources and system maintenance using Shell scripts and wrote shell scripts for automating builds and deployment process.
- Implementation of logical volume management (LVM).
- Monitoring System Performance of Virtual Memory, Managing Swap Space, Disk utilization and CPU utilization.
- Analysis of servers and monitored using NAGIOS monitoring tool.
Environment:: Linux, CentOS, Red Hat, Git, Ubuntu, Red Hat Enterprise, Stash, Apache, NFS, LAMP, Nagios, Shell, Perl, Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Apache TOMCAT, Web Sphere and Jboss, Sun Solaris .
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes