- Over 7+ years of experience in IT industry comprising four years of DevOps Engineer and four years of Software Configuration Management (SCM). Extensive experience includes SCM, DevOps Build/Release Management, and Cloud Management and also in Design, Coding, Porting, Troubleshooting, Testing and Deployment of web based applications primarily using Java, JEE based technologies, open source frameworks on UNIX, Linux, platforms.
- Experienced in implementing Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Deployed and configured Chef Server including bootstrapping of chef - client nodes for provisioning.
- Created roles, recipes, cookbooks and data bags for server configuration.
- Build and Continuous Integration with like Ant/Ivy, Maven, Jenkins/Hudson, Bamboo, Gradle, and Team City.
- Experience with Version Control Systems like GIT, CVS, SVN (Subversion), ACCUREV, Perforce, and IBM Rational Team Concert.
- Implementing new projects builds the framework using Jenkins as build framework tool &Nexus in Linux environment.
- Extensive knowledge working on Dockers for deploying the applications.
- Experience in using Build Automation scripting like MAVEN, ANT and MSBUILD as build tools for building of deployable artifacts (JAR, WAR & EAR, and DLL & EXE) from source code.
- Experience using cloud providers and API's for Amazon (AWS) Ec2, S3, VPC, SNS, AMI with Cloud Sigma (EU) and GFS storage. .
- Experienced in implementing and maintaining an Apache Tomcat /MySQL/PHP, LDAP, LAMP web service environment.
- Experienced in Trouble shooting and Backup and Recovery.
- Experience in Installing, upgrading and configuring Red Hat Linux 4.x, 5.x, and 6.x using Kickstart Servers.
- Experience in writing shell scripts to automate the administrative tasks and management using corn.
- Experience supporting 24x7 production computing environments. Experience providing on-call and weekend support.
- Worked on Data-Center operation and migration across Unix and Linux platforms
- Installation and configuration of JBoss, Web Logic, Web Sphere 5.1/6.0 Application Server on Solaris and Linux boxes.
- Independent problem solving and a good team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents.
- Hands on experience in creating and upgrading Cassandra clusters, including backup and recovery planning.
- Participated, documented, managed ITIL controls and supported Linux environment.
- Expertise in scripting for automation, and monitoring using Shell, PHP,Java, Python & Perl scripts.
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP)
Operating Systems: Windows98/XP/NT/ 2000/2003/2008, UNIX,LINUX.
Source Control Tools: SUBVERSION,CLEARCASE,GIT AND PERFORCE
Build Tools: ANT,MAVEN,AUTOSYS,MAKE,CHEF,PUPPET,GRUNTand GRADLE
CI Tools: HUDSON,JENKINS,CRUISE CONTROL,ANTHILLPRO and BUILD
Tracking Tools: JIRA,REMEDY,CLEAR QUEST,BUGZILLA
Web Servers: WEB LOGIC,WEB SPHERE,APACHE TOMCAT,JBOSS,DOCKER
Cloud: AWS EC2, VPC,ELB,IAM,SNS,RDS,EDS,CLOUD, WATCH,CLOUD, FOUNDATION,AWS CONFIG,S3,CLOUDTRIAL,VMWAREDatabases: ORACLE,SQL SERVER,HADOOP,MYSQL,DB2
- Implementing new projects builds the framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework tools.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Puppet, maven& Nexus in Linux environment.
- Responsible for Distributed Version Control Systems like GIT, SVN, ACCUREV .
- Responsible for Database build, release, and configuration.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Responsible for Design of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Auto-scaling groups.
- Configured servers to host Team Foundation Server (TFS) instance, build controllers and build agents
- Manage deployment automation using Puppet, M Collective, Hiera, Custom Puppet modules, in Ruby .
- AWS Cloud management and Puppet automation.
- Wrote and executed various MYSQL database queries from Python using the Python -MySQL connector and MySQL dB package.
- Designed & developed workflows to automate Database Patching & Rollback using Python .
- Created puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations. Created monitors, alarms, and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Integration of ANT/Nexus, Jenkins , Urban Code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, Confluence, Jira and Cloud Foundry.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS .
- Defining Release Process & Policy for projects early in SDLC.
- Responsible for Java Application Server administration and tuning experience (e.g. JBoss, Web Sphere, Tomcat, WEB LOGIC).
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX, and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc.
- Work with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Created multi-AZ VPC instances.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Dockers, and GitHub and AWS.
- Implemented AWS solutions using E2C, S3, RDS, EBS, and Elastic Load Balancer, Auto-scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Experimented with Dockers, by using Dockers-compose.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
Environment: GIT, JENKINS, Python, PUPPET, MAVEN, AWS, EC2, WEBSPHERE, ANT, PUTTY, CONFLUENCE, SOA, Ansible, Dockers, Team Foundation Server (TFS).
Confidential, Austin, TX.
- As a DevOps Engineer responsible for the day to day administration and administration of RHEL 5, 6/CentOS which includes installation, testing, tuning, upgrading and loading patches, troubleshooting server issues.
- Defined and Implemented CM and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Experienced in the Design/Architecture of AWS and hybrid cloud solutions.
- Demonstrated competency with the following AWS services: EC2, EBS, S3, RDS, VPC, Route53, ELB, IAM, Cloud Front, Cloud Formation and Ability to make recommendations on how new AWS offerings fit in the company architecture.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on cloud environment Amazon web services (AWS) /OpenStack/IBM- BlueMix and Dell DRAC and configuration management using Puppet and Chef,
- For Implement automation and provisioning frameworks using Ansible/SaltStack.
- Configuration Management and source code repository management using tools like TFS, GIT, Perforce, Subversion (SVN), RTC, agile tools like JIRA, scrum, and CI tools like TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins.
- Dockers can be integrated into various tools like AWS, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Bamboo, Vagrant, Jenkins & VMware containers.
- Expertise in various branching methodologies, merging and tagging to facilitate defect/change management in conjunction with projects across the organization.
- Hands on support to with team who worked on .NET 3.5/4.0 Framework, including Visual Studio 2008, VB.NET, ASP.NET, ASMX and WCF Web Services, and ADO.NET.
- Hands-on development experience and a strong passion for the LAMP (Linux, Apache, and MySQL& PHP) development stack.
- Maintained good support for development team from Intermediate to advanced level in ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API.
- Maintain a high level of personal productivity and quality and help others within the team organization and company to make improvements.
- Extensive coding experience in Core Java and SPRING.
- Worked in development, testing, and production environment using SQL, PL/SQL procedure, python, Ruby, PowerShell and shell scripts and managed to host the servers like Tomcat, apache and NGINX.
- For automated and consistent Deployment purpose we use JIRA, Hibernate, Mesosphere, Marathon, UDeploy and Nexus to Deploy and rollbacks of applications.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Extensive experience designing and developing Restful APIs & SOAP web services using Apache.
- Build, manage, and continuously improved the build infrastructure for global software development
- Engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure
- Designed chef cookbooks & wrote ansible playbooks to manage configurations and automate the installation process.
- Hands on experience in creating and customizing Splunk applications, searches, and dashboards.
- In the Developing environment giving hands-on support to developing the team to build the code using different languages like C, C++, Go Languages in the Linux environment.
- Experience setting up an automated build process and implementing a labeling and branching strategy in TFS.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching; Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Nexus and Jenkins.
- Work closely with the Networks and Security Team in opening firewalls and DNS requests required for the infrastructure and applying the SSL and F5, PCI for secure application delivery.
- Meeting the release milestones, attending weekly release meetings.
- Participating in design, code, and test inspections throughout the life cycle to identify issues/defects; participate in other meetings.
- Configured and tuning JDBC Connection pools, JMS configurations, and JVM tuning.
- Documented and edited the deployment procedures, customer facing and resolution issues on WIKI for our feature references.
- Worked in 24/7 Production Support on a bi-weekly basis.
Environment: Red hat Linux 5/ 6/7, JBoss fuse Solaris 9 &10, VMWare, XML, AWS, EC2, Open stack Dell DRAC, Web Logic Server 10.3, 11g/12c, Oracle 10g/11g, JBoss AS 7.1, Tomcat 6.0, 7.0, Apache 2.2. GIT, Vagrant, Dockers, Puppet/Chef, Web Sphere 6.1/7/8.5.
Cloud Admin/DevOps Consultant
- Worked on installation, configuration, and maintenance Redhat, CentOS and Suse Servers at multiple Data Centers.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or custom-built, designing cloud-hosted solutions, specific AWS product suite experience.
- Proficient in using all Amazon Web Services including EC2, EBS, IAM, S3, ELB.
- Experience working with production servers at multiple data centers.
- Worked on Physical to Cloud Migration in AWS.
- Experience in migration of consumer data from one production server to another production server over the network with the help of Bash and Perl scripting.
- Used Puppet for Monitoring system and automation.
- Configured Red Hat Kickstart for installing multiple production servers.
- Installation, Configuration and administration of VMware.
- Installed and configured monitoring tools Nagios for monitoring the network bandwidth and the hard drives status.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Developed and supported the Red Hat Enterprise Linux based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
- Experience in AWS, which included managing application in the cloud and creating instances.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Worked on Version controllers like GIT and integration tools: Jenkins
- Wrote a new ClearCase “Configuration Specification” to use the branch, even though scripts are available to simplify the task, used Clearcase complex system requiring constant expert support, because the developer was working on two tasks.
- Logged events from forced crash dumps and troubleshoot server issues.
- Configured yum repository server for installing packages from a centralized server.
- Installed Fuse to mount the keys on every Debian Production Server for password-less authentication.
- Experience with Configuration Management Tools (PUPPET, Ansible).
- Installed and configured DCHP server to give IP leases to production servers.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on Linux Production Servers. Responsible for maintaining security on Redhat Linux.
Build and Release Engineer
- Installed and configured uDeploy for Automating Deployments and providing a complete automation solution.
- Integrated Subversion into uDeploy to automate the code check-out process
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool.
- Developed processes, tools, automation for TFS (Team Foundation System) based software for build system and delivering SW Builds.
- Managed build results in uDeploy and deployed using workflows in uDeploy.
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments using uDeploy.
- Maintain and track inventory using uDeployand set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Modeled the structure for multi-tiered applications orchestrates the processes to deploy each tier.
- Experience in JIRA to capture, organize and prioritize issues. Experience in partially administering JIRA for issue management
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Used Hudson/Jenkins for automating Builds and Automating Deployments
- Used various plug-ins to extend the base functionality of Hudson/Jenkins to deploy, integrate tests and display reports
- Owned build farm and produced effective multiple branch builds to support parallel development
- Owned Release to Production Process, Gathered approvals, signoffs from stakeholders and QAs before going to PROD.
- Managed the Release Communication and Co-ordination Process.
- Developed build scripts using ANT and MAVEN as the build tools for the creation of build artifacts like war or ear files.
- Maintained the Shell and Perl scripts for the automation purposes.
- Involved in editing the existing ANT/MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
Environment: Windows Solaris, UNIX, C++, Java, Eclipse 3.20, Ant, Jenkins, JBoss Application Server, CVS, Subversion, VTFS, Jira and Cygwin,IBMClearcase 7.0.
- Involved in design, configuration, installation, implementation, management, maintain and support for the
- corporate Linux servers RHEL 3, 4, 5, CENTOS 5, Ubuntu.
- Assisted in upgrading RHEL 5.0 to RHEL 5.5 using live upgrade and manual upgrade.
- Installation of patches and packages using RPM and YUM in Red hat Linux.
- Configuring SUDO and granting root permission to users for performing certain activities.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on following services:
- DHCP: Range of IP, Assigning fixed IP to MAC address
- SSH: Configuring Servers, password-less authentication configuration
- NFS: Configuration, administration, on demand mounting
- NIS: Server and client configuration
- DNS: Server configuration and maintenance
- HTTPD: Apache web server maintenance, installation, configuration, managing web hosting including name based, secure and private site, monitoring web server performance, certificate generate, security checks and periodic upgrades, manage user accounts, back up.
- Working with developers to load software onto Linux Enterprise servers and also debugging Scripts.
- Good understanding on OSI model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, TCP, FTP, SMTP, UDP, SNMP).
- Managed Network troubleshooting applications TCP/IP including Ethernet, IP addressing & Sub netting, routing.
- Using tools like WinSCP, Cyber duck, FTP, FileZilla for transferring files from virtual machines to servers.
- Worked on implementing SSL and Root Certs to all the trust stores of applications
- Worked on configuring web servers like Apache Tomcat, Nginx, and JBoss.
Environment: Bash, Shell scripts, Red hat, Putty, Cyber duck, Apache Tomcat, Apache webserver, Nginx, JBoss, WinSCP.