- Highly motivated DevOps Consultant with over 7 years of extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including requirements analysis, design specification, coding and testing of enterprise applications.
- Strong hands on development and configuration experience with software provisioning tools like Chef, Puppet and Vagrant.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Experienced in Cloud automation using AWS Cloud Formation templates.
- Hands - on experience working in Linux, Windows and UNIX environments.
- Experience working on SVN and CVS
- Exhaustive hands-on experience in ANT, Maven, Shell programming.
- Experience with migration to Amazon web Services AWS.
- Experience with CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies using Jenkins/Hudson.
- Worked on many proof of concept (POC) assignments on Amazon Web Services, Chef and Puppet automation tools
- Experience in using Version Control Tools VSS, Sub-Version, GIT and Perforce.
- Experience of Jenkins/ Hudson, VS Build Pro, Apache Ant, Apache Tomcat, Subversion, Git, Maven.
- Experience in using Tomcat, JBOSS, WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
- Experience in creating and writing shell scripts (ksh, Bash), Python and PowerShell for setting up baselines, branching, merging, and automation processes across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN), Stash and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Extensive experience in UNIX performance monitoring and kernel tuning and Load balancing to ensure stable performance.
- Experience with Bug tracking tool like JIRA and Bugzilla.
- Full understanding of SDLC, Agile Methodologies and process.
- Experience with patching of Linux servers and hardening of servers using native and third party tools.
- Excellent communication skills, enthusiastic with thrive and determination to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- In-depth understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) processes, which include compiling, packaging, deploying and Application configurations.
- Experienced in project analysis, gathering user requirements, technical design and training customers.
- Highly organized, detailed oriented, able to plan, prioritize work and meet deadlines. Excellent communication, interpersonal, managerial skills and good presentation and technical skills.
Application Servers: WebSphere Application server, JBOSS
Web Servers: Apache, Apache-Tomcat
Java Technologies: Servlets, Applets, JSP, JDBC
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, Ubuntu, HP-UX, Windows
Build Tools: Ant, Maven
Config Management Tools: Chef, Puppet
SCM Tools: GIT, SVN and CVS
Repository: Artifactory, Perforce, Nexus
CI tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Cloud Technologies: Rackspace, AWS, Azure
Databases: Oracle 8/8i/9i/10g/11g, MS SQL Server 7.0/2000, DB2, Informix
Languages: Java, C++, C, SQL, PL/SQL, Struts, Spring, Hibernate
Web Languages: JSPs, HTML, CSS, DHTML, XML
Scripting: Shell Scripting (Korn/Bourne/Bash), ANT Scripts, WLST, Perl, Python
Protocols: TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, SMTP, Telnet, DNS, SOAP
Security tools: LDAP Server and SSL Certificates
Monitoring tools: Splunk, Factfinder, Alertsite, Dynatrace/Gomez, App Dynamics
Third Party tools: Load Runner, Sterling Commerce Connect:Direct
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Playing a key role for e-Oscar and leading tier-2 application support and devops for the project which provides bridge between Data furnishers (DF) and Credit Report Authorities.
- Successfully managing implementation / maintenance of batches configuration for DFs and CRAs using Connect:Direct.
- Interacted with client teams to understand client deployment requests.
- Deployed the generated build to WEB and APP server using the continuous integration process to all Environments.
- Coordinated different teams across the globe to deploy different builds to different environments on parallel development for multiple projects. (DEV,SIT,PLT,UAT,PRODUCTION).
- Upgrades web servers / application servers periodically.
- Scripting in multiple languages on UNIX, LINUX and Windows - Batch, Shell script etc.
- Provides support for tier-2 (Application) related tasks for Server maintenance or periodical patches.
- Provides 24*7 support to these application in case of any critical failures.
- Monitor and manage application and back-end batch processes to ensure application uptime requirements and SLA compliance.
- Responsible for annual Disaster Recovery exercise.
- Documented system configurations, Instance, OS, backup procedures, troubleshooting guides, and keep infrastructure and architecture drawings current with changes.
- Analyzed and resolved conflicts related to merging of source code for SVN and Git.
- Developed custom scripts using Python, & Shell (bash, ksh) to automate jobs.
- Tools: Confidential Rational Application Developer, Ext JS, Sterling Commerce Connect:Direct, Oracle SQL Developer, SVN, CVS, JIRA, WebSphere 8.5, FastReader, Splunk, AlertSite Dejaclick, Dynatrace, Azure, Rackspace, Akamai
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Customized and improved look and functionalities of one of two major projects of this client (AnnualCreditReport.com)
- Participated in architectural design meetings and suggesting the best practices to the various teams to improve the performance of the application.
- Design, integration, deployment and automation of J2EE Application servers - JBoss, Tomcat, WebSphere (Portal, BPM, MQ, ESB, Application Server, IIIS and Data Stage) and WebLogic Application Server across UNIX, Windows and Linux platforms
- Developed Ant and Maven scripts to automate the compilation, deployment and testing of Web and J2EE applications to the above platforms.
- Installed and upgraded the Entrust and Verisign Certificates for sites.
- Experienced in the installation, support, configuration and maintenance of WebSphere servers.
- Load testing & support, Analysis and Change Proposals; Automation of various processes (shell scripting, Windows)
- Migration of infrastructure from PROD to DR in disaster situation; Installing and configuring the respective adaptors to integrate WebSphere server.
- Technologies: Java, Struts, JSP, Oracle, MySQL, XML, WebSphere 8,
Confidential, Jacksonville, FL
- Worked on BCBS’s large group exchange project (eRate) to add new blue vision plans after December 2013.
- Developed new pages in the applications to communicate with other systems.
- Managed/created new services to communicate eRate System to Siebel, JRE(Java Rating Engine) and DCE (Document Creation Engine).
- Successfully built a technical analysis documents for active java as well as Siebel API.
- Provided complete page wise analysis documents and XML mapping for developer’s reference.
- Created TDD for 3 releases for SGPT and eRate systems.
- Heavily involved in Small Group Proposal Tool (SGPT) / Small Group Renewal Tool (SGRT) project for 54th release.
- Using RAD 8 and WebSphere Application Server 7, introduced new features for new health plans and ACA (Affordable Care Act).
- Was actively involved in migrating current application from Confidential rational clear case to SVN.
- Technologies: JPA, EJB, Hibernate, JSP, DB2, Confidential MQ
- Tools: Rational Application Development Platform, Confidential ClearCase, Confidential Data Studio, SVN
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
- Worked on Advisor Provisioning project.
- Built a java web service to communicate with database and also create a Salesforce case objects and make a cross referencing.
- Worked on Replication process from Local and Salesforce.
- Successfully changed .net code accordingly to consume java web services (REST).
- Changed UI using Ext JS.
- Involved in developing a new reconciliation process between Local database and Salesforce, which was written in Perl.
- Technologies: JPA, EJB 3.0, Log4J
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Interacted with Developers, Project Managers and Process Analysts to understand project process, enhancement identification and gather project requirements.
- Worked in a team with responsibility to develop an assessment tool to scan database files and generate migration effort estimation.
- Created a parsing tool using ANTLR 3.2 to parse different databases to Confidential Informix database.
- Successfully implemented database conversation tool as a part of Database Conversion Workbench.
- Developed and implemented custom web solutions using Drupal, enhance Drupal functionality using PHP and jQuery.
- Built a custom e-commerce framework using PHP, MySQL, jQuery, CSS, and HTML to enhance web applications.
- Assisted with MS-SQL backup and restore jobs, creating stored procedures for web applications, design and normalization of back-end databases for several web applications, and created maintenance jobs for various tasks.
- Within a collaborative development environment, designed and developed an applications using Java for clients from diverse industries, including finance, banking, retail and human service.
- Engineered customized features and modules for new applications.
- Conducted detailed testing throughout lifecycle and resolved system issues.
- Authored system and design documentation.