- Having 8+ years of IT industry experience in AWS, DevOps and Linux admin with strong innovative and technical background. Possess strong interpersonal skills with excellent verbal and written communication skills and can effectively interact with all levels of employees including management team.
- Experience with Amazon web services (AWS) and virtualization - based technologies.
- Experience is Source code repositories such as GitHub, subversion
- Hands on experience with an in-depth level of understanding in the strategy and practical implementation of AWS cloud-specific technologies including Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), Simple Storage Services (S3), Route 53, Cloud Formation, Elastic IPs, Virtual Private Cloud(VPC), RDS and Cloud Watch
- Expertise in Test Automation using different Automation Tools Unit testing by using Selenium Web Driver/IDE/GRID, Junit, TestNG, ANT/ Maven, Fire Path, running scripts, debugging scripts in different environment, Extracting Test results, Cross browser testing, and data validation.
- Experience of scalable Teradata parallel processing system and data transactions
- Database programming on Linux (Teradata on Suse), Teradata SQL and MySQL
- Software development in full test-driven, agile life-cycle: breaking software requirement, design specification into small user stories and test cases, coding, unit test, code review, code management with GitHub/clear case, system integration test, bug fix and release to customer.
- Experienced in Object Oriented Analysis and Design and Object-Oriented Programming using various methods and structures
- Provided security and managed user access and quota using AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM), including creating new Policies for user management in JSON
- Advanced troubleshooting experience using TCPDUMP, FW Monitor, Packet Capture, Wire shark & Flow logs ins AWS.
- Good experience of AWS Elastic Block Storage (EBS), different volume types and use of various types of EBS volumes based on requirement. x
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Delivery (CICD) using Jenkins plugin to automatically deploy builds with AWS Code Deploy included creating an AWS Code Commit repository, installing Jenkins and adding files to the Code Commit repository and configuring the plugin to create a deployment when changes are committed to an AWS Code Commit repository.
- Hands-on experience with configuration & automation tools such as CHEF, Vagrant, Docker, git, Jenkins, nexus, puppet, Ansible, shell, python
- Experienced in setting up CHEF workstation, boot strapping various enterprise nodes and setting up keys.
- Experienced with multiple Linux/Unix distros including RHEL, CentOS and Ubuntu.
- Experienced with installations and configuration of Linux/Unix software and applications.
- Experienced with controlling access to files and directories with Linux file system permissions. Extensively used Veritas Cluster Server 4.x/5.x for High Availability Environment.
- Solid experienced in Installation, Configuration,Deployment,Performance Tuning, Maintenance and Troubleshooting of Enterprise Applications using Web logic 12c/ 10.x / 9.x / 8.x.
- Hands on experience of installation, configuration and administration of virtual machines on VMware ESX/ESXi 4.x/5.x servers.
- Working knowledge in installing, configuring, implementing and managing RAID 0, RAID 1 and RAID 5 technologies.
- Amazon RDS Multi-AZ for automatic failover and high availability at the database tier for MySQL workloads
Public Cloud Platform: Amazon Web Services: Elastic Compute Cloud(EC2), Simple Storage Services (S3), Route 53, Cloud Front, Elastic Bean Stalk, Virtual Private Cloud(VPC), RDS, Cloud Watch, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), Auto-Scaling, IAM Roles, Users, Profile, Elastic IP s, Nagios, GIT, Security Policies, Cloud Formation, Dynamo DB, Redshift.
Operating Systems: Red hat Linux 4/5/6/7, Windows servers 2003, 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, Windows 7/8/10.
Databases: Oracle, SQL SERVER, My SQL, Dynamo DB, MS Sql.
Software/Tools: Microsoft Office, Visual Studio 2013, Cisco Packet Tracer, Microsoft Visio, QT Creator, Visual Studio BI, Oracle, My SQL, SAP by Design, Pager Duty, GitHub, NetBeans, Amazon Web Services, ANT, Nagios, Jenkins, Chef, Tableau, Ansible.
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, HTTP, VPN, DNS, NTP, FTP, SSH, and Telnet
Application Server: Microsoft Active Directory 2000/2003/2008/2008 R2, DHCP, DNS, WINS
Virtualization: VSphere 5.0/4.0/ 4.1, ESX/ESXi server 5.0/4.1/4.0/3.5/3.0, V Sphere Client, VCenter, VMotion, Storage VMotion, VMware Update Manager, VMware Tools, VMware Converter, DRS, HA
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Responsible for designing and implementing cloud-based solutions for public cloud deployment
- Migration of Existing Application to AWS cloud.
- Worked in EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Cloud Front, RDS, VPC, Cloud watch, IAM Roles/Policies, SNS subscription service
- Cloud Engineer responsible for designing, building, and maintaining multiple AWS infrastructures to support multiple finance applications
- Planning, Designing, Installation, Configuration, Administration, upgrading and Troubleshooting of VMware VSphere ESX, Virtual Center
- Used different AWS Data Migration Services and Schema Conversion Tool along with Matillion ETL tool.
- Migrate Physical Servers to Virtual Server using VMware Converter (P2V Converter).
- Moving VMs from one LUN to another LUN using Storage VMotion (SVMotion).
- Knowledge of Network Virtualization (NSX) platform for the Software-defined datacenter (SDDC)
- Implemented and configured a Cisco switches with integration to NSX with security and firewall policies
- Created Security Groups, configuring Inbound /Outbound rules, creating and importing Key Pair
- Knowledge on provisioning EC2 instances and all resource areas of EC2 like Instances, Dedicated hosts, volumes, Key Pairs, Elastic IP's, Snapshots, Load Balancers, and Security Groups
- System Administration-Managing Users, Groups, Roles and Access Permissions
- An Agile development project designed to replace a legacy midtier with more current architecture including REST API, JPA, JWT, OAuth, and TCP/IP SOAP based mainframe communication.
- Configuration Management: Bitbucket/GIT, Turtle SVN, Subversion, Visual SourceSafe, CVS, PVCS Version Manager
- Experienced in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments and worked on AWS Lambda with Amazon kinesis
- Developed, deployed, and managed event-driven and scheduled AWS Lambda functions to be
- Manage OAuth automatically to seamlessly login on behalf of the user.
- Workedon POC for Deploying the AWS infrastructure using TerraForm and AMP
- CloudFormation created and configured Redshift Cluster for data-warehousing responsible for Security, included opening different ports on security groups and Network ACL
- Wrote Redshift UDFs and Lambda functions using Python for custom data transformation and ETL
- Involved in AWS Data Migration Services and Schema Conversion Tool along with Talend ETL tool. .
- Experience in deploying infrastructure components via AWS Management Console, AWS CLI, PowerShell, and Cloud Formation scripting
- Prototyping the new features and ideas using HTML, CSS SASS and D3.js.
- Performed client acceptance and Prototyping using Azure Compute and SQL Azure instances. The cloud installation includes web roles for the MVC application code and Worker Roles to host the TCP/IP WCF services.
- Experience in Installing and monitoring standalone multi-node Clusters of Kafka and Storm.
- Developing a BDD methodology using Spock integration with Jenkins to help tame Groovy REST API development efforts.
- Advisor on Groovy technologies including Groovy, Grails, Gradle, Geb and their integration with the J2EE ecosystem.
- Developed a Grails REST API Architecture and used it to implement an API with Spock for submitting Test Jobs to an Automated Jenkins Farm and Selenium Grid.
- Automated Gradle/ Groovy to test 18 Jenkins Master\Slaves and a Selenium Hub with 9 Node servers running 12 browsers across 2 platforms for Java and .Net.
- Implemented an Existing ETL project replaced by spark Framework. Writing script in spark to load data from various sources files.
- Worked on loading CSV/TXT/DAT files using Scala language in spark Framework to process the data by creating spark Data frame and RDD and save the file in parquet format in HDFS to load into fact table using ORC Reader.
- Using RatPack Managed podcast by organizing different podcast and making sure they were complete
- Edit sound clips to ensure no breaks were included and only accepted material was included in the RatPack podcast
- Planned, scheduled and Implemented OS patches on Centos / RHEL boxes as a part of proactive maintenance.
- Sudo administration and Red Hat Centos /REHL, Centos package administration using rpm and YUM.
- Expertise inCentos, Red Hat Centos / RHEL backup/restore with tar including disk partitioning and formatting.
- Experience in developing END to END planning & Implementation of Various Network Devices and Business Application with the SIEM Device - QRADAR /SPLUNK.
- Expert level understanding of Qradar Implementation & its Integration with other N/W devices and Applications and the troubleshooting work.
- Installed and configured different Splunk apps and add-ons on Splunk platform.
- Splunk technical implementation, planning, customization, integration with big data.
- Migration of existing Teradata tables to Redshift/RDS PostgreSQL.
- Development/test/bug fix of Teradata database licensing in Agile and Open Source for AWS /Azure cloud platforms, load/unload utilities, Database system resource management, Multiple Hash Map major feature release.
- Developed code in Python to activate/revoke/renew/fold/unfold Teradata license on AWS /Azure Cloud platform.
- Developed standalone applications, common libraries in C/C++ for Teradatalicense activate/revoke/rene
- Wrote python scripts for implementing Lambda functions. Worked on Bash, shell, ruby scripting for automation
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the versions using SCM tools like GIT (GitHub)
- Involved in defining test Automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium WebDriver and JAVA.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, Maven and created Selenium Automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to Agile release.
- Extensive experience in writing Cookbooks, roles, environments in chef.
- Extensive knowledge of chef-zero, chef-solo, test kitchen in order to converge cookbooks locally.
- Extensive experience with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins and project dependency management tools ANT, MAVEN to build Java/J2EE applications.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), VDI, Linux, Git version Control, VPC, AWS EC2, S3, Route53, EBS, ELB, RatPack, RHEL Splunk,Groovy, Cloud watch, Cloud Formation, AWS CLI, AWS Auto Scaling, Subversion, Unix/Linux, Shell scripting, Linux,Kafka
- Designed highly accessible, fault tolerant and cost effective and fault systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balance and AMIs.
- Initiating Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services (Linux/ Ubuntu) and managing and configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Created detailed AWS Security Groups which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed to reach one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Installed configured and Administered Centos /RHEL and UNIX servers, Red Hat Centos /RHEL Kickstart services.
- Managing Multiple AWS instances, assigning the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs.
- Auto scaling the instances to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly reliable systems.
- Configuring of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) with networking of subnets containing servers.
- Working with Security Groups, configuring Inbound /Outbound rules, creating and importing Keypair.
- Created VPC using Cloud formation templates in AWS which includes security groups,KeyPairs, Route tables and Internet Gateway.
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances.
- Built S3 buckets and managed policies for S3 buckets and used S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Manage multiple IaaS solutions for stakeholder outcomes at datacenters worldwide. Build and test OS and software loads, including python, LAMPstack and RHEL /SLES clustering with Dataguard.
- Provided advanced configurations for Red Hat Linux (RHEL 5) based Confidential Maximo application reengineering effort (thick client to web based);• Provided recommended IT operational and business justifications for IT decision making including consolidation of IT strategies (provisioning, deployment)
- Setting Cloud Watch alerts for instances and utilizing in Auto-scaling launch configurations for better performance.
- A social networking website for web developers, In corporate handlebars, MongoDB,
- Express and Passport.js for local user authentication/OAuth
- Involved in AWS DataMigrationServices and Schema Conversion Tool along with Talend ETL tool.
- Wrote Redshift UDFs and Lambda functions using Python for custom data transformation and ETL.
- Used AWS Redshift, S3, Spectrum and Athena services to query large amount data stored on S3 to create a Virtual Data Lake without having to go through ETL process.
- Handled Java Multi-Threading part in back-end component, one thread will be running for each user
- Migrated applications from Java 1.7 to Java 1.8 using Lambdas and parallel streams.
- Integrated AWS Dynamo DB using AWS Lambda to store the values the items and backup the Dynamo DB streams.
- Experienced in AWS Elastic Beanstalk for app deployments and worked on AWS LAMBDA with Amazon kinesis.
- Automate operations processes using Lambda, CloudWatch Events, Schedules.
- Experience with maintaining an ASP.NET application written in .NET 3.5 . Knowledge of Visual Studio 2010 and a few .NET frameworks.
- Participated at all levels of the technical architectures and design activities.
- Implemented Continuous Integration using Jenkins and GIT.
- Created a Python application to automate SVN branching
- Management of GIT/SVN repositories including iOS/Android
- Experienced in SOX audits with internal and external auditors and Defined Control objects for Risk and Control items.
- Working on different modules like Registration/Sign in/OAuth / Sign out, Payment Gateway using Agile Methodology
- Developed a client-side RIA Framework to enhance Ajax processing.
- Integrated the RIA Framework into JSP pages using JSTL, Spring MVC, Backbone and jQuery.
- Integrated Facebook Connect for Social Network Interaction with Groovy, Gradle and a Geb browser automation suite.
- Developed Selenium Web Driver automation scripts for E-commerce checkout process.
- Experience in Swagger, Dropwizard, RatPack.
- Responsible for building scalable distributed data solutions using Hadoop
- Worked on designing and deployment of Hadoop cluster and different Big Data analytic tools including Pig, Hive, HBase, Flume, spark, and Impala with Cloud era distribution.
- Build Apache Strom and Kafka Multinode Cluster and used Kafka Manager to monitor multiple Clusters.
- Load the data into spark RDD and performed in-memory data computation to generate the output response.
- Developed spark scripts by using Scala shell commands as per the requirement.
- Extending HIVE and PIG core functionality by developing custom User Defined Functions (UDF).
- Good working experience in using spark SQL to manipulate Data Frames in Python.
- Designing cloud infrastructure, planning and testing better solutions, deploying and managing physical or cloud infrastructure, perform efficiently under pressure in critical situations with Windows, Linux and other environments.
- Analyze success through Google Analytics, reports and cost-effective strategies for KCS. Savings in Support Cost from the Agent perspective, Case Deflection, Improved Content Relevancy, Improved customer experience, and increased productivity of support engineers (agents).
- Building the Knowledge Base of Pivotal, the repository of certified knowledge produced per Knowledge Centered Support (KCS) guidelines and based on Customer Effort Score (CES) per TSIA, lead the program company-wide and made it an outstanding success.
- Collaboration outside of Pivotal Support - collaborating with R&D Engineering and Technical Project Management team of Pivotal Cloud foundry to analyze the content gaps from Tickets, community threads and social referrals of Knowledge Base.
- Helping Pivotal Support Operations team for content migration planning and help center experience building for Salesforce Services cloud
- Enhanced Search experience across Pivotal properties for Customers and Service Delivery Professionals
- Manage the integration of new software projects and products into the build.
- Concentrated on continuous integration and deployment, promoting solutions to target environments as required.
- Used Chef to manage configuration of connected server.
- Implemented and maintained the monitoring and alerting of production, corporate servers and storage using AWS Cloud Watch for efficiency.
- Responsible for Virtualized platform VMware with 900+ hosted VMs on 40+ ESXI Hypervisor Spread across 5 locations across globe.
- Performed RCM (Release certified matrix) upgrade for all the supported VBlock's 320, 340 & 240.
- Deployed VMware infra at 3 client locations for Server consolidation project and Virtualized 400 Physical servers on VMware ESXi platform P2V migration
- Managing and maintain the VMware tools for all the VM's windows, Linux & VAPP's.
- Upgraded the VMWare tools through VMware update manager
- Troubleshooting the issues in the VBlock's hardware's & applications
- Created the LDAP configuration for the VMware and other application servers.
- Work with product development to resolve build-related issues in all projects.
- Troubleshooting various production errors and fix them.
Environment: AWS (EC2, VPC, ELB, S3, RDS, Cloud Trail and Route 53), Groovy Shell Scripting, OpenStack,Ruby, Putty, Confluence, Jenkins, Docker, GIT, Windows, Linux, Kafka
- Implementation and Support of Checkpoint and Cisco ASA Firewalls in the network for various clients.
- Follow ITIL Based Change and incident management process
- Firewall Policy provisioning and work with firewall requests submitted by users through change system.
- Creating object, groups, updating access-lists on Check Point Firewall, apply static, hide NAT using smart dashboard.
- Tested the Web services using SOAPUI and by writing Web service client in Java for transmitting the offender's information in XML data using the WSDL provided.
- Design, develop and implement MVC Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, testing and Selenium WebDriver.
- Utilized Azure Data Lake Store Java SDK to perform operations on bulk data.
- Design and developed JDBC connection objects for the data retrieval and update.
- Troubleshooting connectivity issues on the firewall using smart view tracker, monitor health of the appliance using smart view monitor etc. Command line troubleshooting for packet level debug.
- Cleanup and Optimize firewall rule base and database. Reorder rules for optimal firewall performance.
- Build and provision new Checkpoint security gateways ground up as well as upgrade the existing.
- Installing, configuring, deploying, administering, maintaining, tuning, and upgrading databases on an Amazon Web Services platform. Databases currently reside in REDSHIFT and Oracle
- Performing datatype conversion from Oracle to REDSHIFT
- Creating database objects in AWS REDSHIFT
- Installing and configuring SQL client such as Aginity workbench and SQL workbench
- Loading data into S3
- Loading data from S3 into using REDSHIFT copy command
- Followed AWS best practices to convert data types from oracle to REDSHIFT
- Created database objects in AWS REDSHIFT
- Manage checkpoint security gateways split through
- Setup TDD/BDD Continuous Integration Server using Java, Flex, Groovy, Gradle and Jenkins. Refactored Legacy Monolithic Flex code into 44 Components to increase manageability with a REST API. h multiple CMA’s and administer using provider-1.
- Developed experience with RESTful API’s and asynchronous reactive programming using RxJava Observables and the RatPAck framework.
- Manage global objects and policies through provider-1 GUI as well as MDS management.
- Performed Checkpoint Firewall changes using the Smart Dashboard NGX R65, R70 and R75.
- Performed Installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Checkpoint security gateway and manage through smart center. IP Appliances and SPLAT based gateways.
- Configured VMware on clustered environment, Implemented Migration of Virtual Machines using VMotion, Storage VMotion.
- Performed VM Storage migrations to new EMC and Netapp storage arrays.
- Hot and Cold Cloning of Virtual Machines using VMware Converter.
- Performed data store migration using VMware storage vMotion.
- Setup Host Profiles, Distributed Switch, DRS, vMotion, SV-Motion, Resource pools, permissions, Patches, Snapshots, Tools Upgrade, disk expansions, Templates.
- Performed Security Gateway upgrades from R65 up to R75.
- Clustering of Checkpoint firewalls using Nokia VRRP (IP Appliances) as well as Cluster XL.
- Upgrade of Smart center and ensure synchronization between Primary and standby smart centers.
- Use Smart view Monitor for configuring SAM Rules as well as monitor health of Firewalls.
- Implemented the use of VLANs (and VTP), HSRP and OSPF routing to optimize Layer 2 and Layer 3
- Performed maintenance of routing infrastructure and troubleshooting OSPF and BGP on the network.
Environment: LAN, WAN, NAT, ATM, EIGRP, RIP, OSPF, BGP, VTP, STP, VPN, Groovy, Ether Channels, Cisco ASA, DHCP, MLPPP, ACL, VLAN, Kafka
- Installed, configured and maintained the VMware ESX 3/4.x Environments created and Virtual Machines, installed Guest Operating Systems like Windows, Linux.
- Developed framework for data processing using Design patterns, Java, XML.
- Implemented Migration by performing P2V, V2V and V2P conversions using v Converter created documentation for Server Builds, Application using spring boot Installations, Mapping the drives and Issues which occur during software upgrades.
- Troubleshoot network issues between Distributed v Switch, Layer 2 switches and resolved slow performance between SAN network and VM networks.
- Build and troubleshooting experience With VMware ESX 3/4.x, vCenter server 3/4x and VMware vSphere Suite Expertise in migrations from ESX 3.0.1 to 3.5 to 4.0.
- Leveraged Groovy /Grails to showcase advanced UI concepts, JMX Management, DB population and Testing
- Contracted to develop a Health Care SOA (REST) using Groovy /Grails, J2EE and jQuery. Using virtuwell.net's wizard a consumer answers questions, before a Nurse or Doctor prescribes a
- •Developed Required Action classes and presentation layer forms and Java beans containing the business logic with the help of Core Java.
- Strong experience with the VMware HA (High Availability), Fault Tolerance, Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) and VMware Distributed Power Management (DPM).
- Manage snapshots, clones, templates during patch releases and new server deployments, Experience with installing, configuring and troubleshooting VMware Lab Manager.
- Installed and Implemented VmwareESXi 5.0 host servers with vSphere Client, vSphere Configured HBAs and iSCSI SAN storage.
- Familiar with backup and restore of Vmware host server configuration, Virtual Machine backup, snapshot, P2V-V2V conversation with VMware converter and with other third party converters, Patch updation, monitoring/reporting, SSH and SNMP and notification of alerts.
- Created virtual machines using Hyper-V and deployed prepared pre-production environment and maintained active directory system data and file server volume backups monitored active directory integrity and replication.
- Logs file analysis using the Event Viewer and troubleshooting to resolve issues provided support for teams in activities such as Load testing and performed tuning.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production.
- Supported 24*7 on call schedule for Production support taking care of pre-requisites for servers before going for production updating service account passwords.
- Interacting with various vendors for sourcing products and solutions and for closure calls of certain services and their products, which are supported by them.
- Tracking asset movements and ensuring software and hardware assets are within control using the License Compliance and Asset Management.
- Design and implement systems, network configurations, and network architecture, included hardware and software technology, site locations and integration of technologies.
- Imaging of workstations, laptops, TCP/IP connectivity issues, remote support using VMware, Hyper V, RDP, Log Mein, Team viewer etc.
- Used spark Data Frame API over Cloudera platform to perform analytics on hive data.
- Performance tuning of Kafka, Storm Clusters. Benchmarking Real time streams
- Monitored multiple clusters environments using Alerts, Metrics and Nagios.
- Supported cluster maintenance, Backup and recovery for production cluster.
Environment: Vmware ESX, Kafka, Windows, SQL Server 2000, IIS 6.0, Exchange Server 2003, Microsoft WSUS, Windows XP, ESXi 4.0 Server, VMware View, HP DL & ML server series.
- Managing and troubleshooting LAN, WAN.
- Configuring VLANs and packet filtering.
- Configuring HSRP for gateway redundancy and high availability.
- Developed framework for data processing using Design patterns, Java, XML.
- Network Security: Network Address Translation (NAT), Port Address Translation (PAT), Access Control List.
- Publish VM desktops via Citrix Xendesktop.
- Coordinating with ISP on lease line issues.
- Remote administration of LAN/WAN devices.
- Taking regular backups of network devices.
Environment: s: LAN, WAN, VLAN, HSRP, NAT, PAT, ACL, ISP.