Devops Engineer Resume
- Software Engineer with 6+ extensive experience in configuration management, build and release engineering, process development, and tools support. Including code compilation, packaging, and deployment / release methodology.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Well Versed in Docker and Container Kubernetes orchestration using Openshift environment.
- Proficient in automating, configuring and deploying instances on Amazon Web Services.
- Expertise in Amazon AWS Cloud Administration which includes services: EC2, S3, EBS, VPC, ELB, Route 53, Auto Scaling, Security Groups, Redshift, and Cloud Formation.
- Experience supporting Chef environment with 100+ servers and involved in developing manifests.
- Jenkins Infrastructure as code automation using Pipeline scripts.
- Data Visualization and Data Analysis for consolidated metrics using Tableau .
- Hands on experience with container based deployments using Docker .
- Experience with monitoring and logging tools like Dynatrace, Splunk and NewRelic for monitoring network services and host resources.
- Proficient with Linux/UNIX/Windows systems, maintenance of user groups, development integration, tools infrastructure, installation and maintenance.
- Knowledge on Java/J2EE and wrote Shell scripts (Bash), Python and Groovy for automating tasks.
- Administration of Development, Test, Stage and Production Servers carrying Windows, Ubuntu, Red Hat Linux, Centos and RHEL servers.
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Extensive experience and highly proficient in CVS - GIT migration, GIT repositories structure, branching model and access control.
- Experienced in design and implementation of defect tracking system using Bugzilla and Rational ClearQuest.
- Plan, implement and maintain deployment solutions for all the products responsible for in the Business org.
- Used VMware VSphere, VCenter to create VMs managed these VMs on various ESX hosts.
- Managed environments DEV, QA, UAT, GIT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Extensive experience and highly proficient in using writing scripts in ANT and Maven for build management.
- Well versed with deploying/configuring/tuning Enterprise Applications in WAS, Tomcat, WebLogic, and Web Sphere .
- Established capabilities in Project Documentation, application design, implementation, troubleshooting, monitoring, continuous improvement and change controls. Enhances and automates internal processes to generate efficiency.
- Full understanding of SDLC, RUP, Agile Methodologies and process.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, analysis and leadership skills with ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Version Control Tools: GIT, CVS, SVN, Perforce and Rational ClearCase
Project Management Tools: JIRA, Sonar, Fortify, Rally, Confluence, Jive
Languages: C, C++ and JAVA/JEE
Scripting Languages: Shell, Groovy, Ruby, Python
Databases: MySQL, MS Access, Oracle, PL/SQL
Application Servers: Weblogic, WebSphere, Jboss and Tomcat
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet and Ansible
Build Tools: Ant and Maven
CI/Infra Automation: Jenkins, Docker, Chef and Puppet
Cloud Computing Services: Openshift, AWS, VMWare, Azure
Operating Systems: UNIX, LINUX, WINDOWS and Mac
Visualization/Monitoring Tools: Tableau, Splunk, Dynatrace, Kibana, New Relic
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
- Develop, deploy and manage Openshift container application platform which includes Docker and Kubernetes for container orchestration and management. Blue green deployments for Zero downtime.
- Automated OptumCare Delivery web application portals for rapid application development, easy deployments and scaling using Jenkins.
- AWS Environment provisioning using EC2, S3, IAM, ECS VPC, ELB, Auto Scaling Groups, EBS, RDS, IAM, Cloud Formation, Route 53, Cloud Watch, Cloud Front, Cloud Trail.
- Implemented a production ready, load balanced, highly available, fault tolerant Kubernetes infrastructure on Openshift following the Security best practices.
- Configured Jenkins for automating builds and deployments. Implemented continuous integration, Multi branching strategy using Jenkins.
- Implemented Infrastructure as code using Jenkins pipeline for teams to manage and eliminate configuration steps for easy maintainability using Groovy scripts.
- Created a Continuous Delivery process to include support building of Docker Images and publish into a private docker trusted registry and Jfrog Artifactory .
- Container management using Docker by writing Docker files and set up the automated build on Docker Trusted Registry using CI/CD automation tool Jenkins.
- Worked in team with developers, testers, leads, architects to reduce friction in code flow from the developers starting point to production system deployment by improvising and maintaining CI-CD processes.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker container images, tagging and pushing the images for managing the application life cycle.
- CI/CD Automation with Dockerfile , Jenkins pipeline as code , Docker images, containers to Openshift environment and application log forwarding to splunk monitoring tool.
- Automated SonarQube for static analysis and code quality check in order to have the quality code used for deployment.
- Fortify static code Analyzer for identifying security vulnerabilities in source code in Software development life cycle that provides best practices so developers can code more securely.
- Maintained the documentation/wiki using Atlassian tools Confluence, Jive, Rally etc.
- Managed and documented environment troubleshooting issues, production checkout/ post deployment issues.
- Incident management/ Change management/ Service requests using Service Now ticketing tool by involving other supporting teams.
- Creating consolidated dashboards for code coverage and security vulnerabilities for business executives by data visualization tool Tableau.
- Automated Sonar and Fortify code analysis results to Tableau dashboard using API’s, MySQL, Jenkins for real time metrics.
- Splunk configuration that involves different web application, create Saved search and summary search, summary indexes.
- Dynatrace and NewRelic application monitoring for performance metrics in real time to detect and diagnose application problems automatically.
- Automating AEM environments, publish and author instances using Jenkins/ Shell/ Groovy Scripts.
- Planning features, user stories, backlog grooming with Agile tool Rally.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Creating & maintaining cookbooks and recipes in Chef for continuous deployment of resource in the production environment.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by using technologies like Chef.
- Used Chef to manage Web applications, Config Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points and Packages.
- Implemented Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI & CD) Process stack using AWS, GITHUB/GIT, Jenkins, and Chef.
- Sonar code coverage tool server provisioning automation with Chef and Jenkins.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, IAM, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups.
- Responsible for building out and improving the reliability and performance of cloud applications and Cloud infrastructure deployed on Amazon Web Services.
- Migrated standalone applications from local to AWS cloud.
- Deploy Artifacts on AWS with Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin.
- Develop Cloud Formation scripts to build on demand EC2 instance formation.
- Implemented the setup for master slave architecture to improve the performance of Jenkins.
- Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Responsible for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures.
- Managed GIT repositories for branching, merging, and tagging.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Analyse and resolve conflicts related to merging of source code for GIT.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity for all repositories.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on machines.
- Developed Shell Scripts & Groovy Scripts for automation daily tasks involved in maintenance of builds, logs & releases.
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies.
- Participated in the release cycle of the product that involved different development teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Deployed Java/J2EE applications to application servers in an agile Continuous Integration environment and also automated the whole process.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Verified if the methods used to create and recreate software builds are consistent and repeatable.
- Involved in research of the project application architecture to support/resolve build, compile, and test issues/problems.
Environment: GIT, Chef, Jenkins, AWS, MAVEN, Jenkins, Rally, Jive, Ubuntu, Shell and Groovy Scripts, Tomcat, JIRA, Java/J2EE.
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Built Continuous Integration environment Jenkins, Artifactory and Continuous delivery environment using Jenkins and Puppet.
- Created playbooks for deploying of Linux and windows on VMware VSphere, VMware guest modules in Ansible.
- Automation (Ansible) and Deploying on traditional VMware, AWS, Azure environment.
- Responsible for managing distributed applications across hybrid AWS and physical data canter’s.
- Implement systems that are highly available, scalable, and self-healing on the AWS platform.
- Created the AWS VPC network for the Installed Instances and configured the Security Groups and Elastic IP's accordingly.
- Responsible for creating & Managing Docker files for creating necessary base images used for automation of build & deployment environments.
- Manage environments for legacy codes using specific Docker containers based on the required architecture.
- Maintain a Live Like environment using Docker Containers to test any production issues on the setup and push it into production.
- Designing and implementing fully automated server build, management, monitoring and deployment solutions spanning multiple platforms, tools and technologies including Jenkins.
- Code Coverage-Installed SONAR on Jenkins server and configure with the build process for the code analysis process for better code quality and code metrics, and rapid feedback for development teams and managers.
- Automate the code review process and published the results on Jenkins as well the graph by comparing everyday nightly builds.
- Coordinated different teams across the globe to deploy different builds to different environments on parallel development for multiple projects (DEV, QA, PERF, UAT, and PRODUCTION).
- Creating the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a Continuous Integration system for all our products.
- Implemented the Build automation process for all the assigned projects in Vertical Apps domain.
- Monitor the UAT/Production Environments for any down time issues by performing regular cron job updates in servers.
- Evolving new tools/methodologies to improve this existing process and show better results to all stakeholders.
- Nodes/Agents, SSH, deployment in Agile methodology and testing.
- Managed daily builds and releases to QA. Debugged build failures and worked with developers and QA personnel to resolve related issues.
- To configure and maintain codebase to support the build and deployment of code on servers.
- Source code admin - Manage and configure GIT, resolve issue regarding source code management, manage branching and merging, code freeze process.
- Configuration Management using GIT and maintaining admin related files.
Environment: GIT, Jenkins, Shell script, Python Script, JBOSS, Maven, Puppet, Docker, CentOS, JIRA, Confluence, ServiceNow, Sonar, AWS
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Build & Release Engineer
- Responsible for creating & maintaining Java application builds using Maven.
- Primary point of contact for all Build, Infrastructure & SCM related issues.
- Involved for writing Hooks and Triggers using Shell.
- Performed a detailed analysis of the current deployment of CVS in order to migrate to Git and to propose sensible design of new Git repositories. This includes an analysis of the current directory layout and content to propose a new directory structure suitable to Git.
- Performed a detailed analysis of the current build tools (Jenkins) used in conjunction with CVS in order to recreate the build process in the new Git environment.
- Deep analysis of existing tools that are integrated/used with CVS (defect tracking (Bugzilla), Continuous Integration (Jenkins)), reviewing the feature set.
- Detailed analysis of the current code submission process (branching model, access control, etc.) in order to propose an optimal submission process when working in the new Git environment.
- Performed a detailed analysis of the capability of the current Git repositories and artifacts for potential improvement in features, capability, and cost efficiency.
- Responsible for Creating and executing a data migration plan and performing the migration, including creation of a schedule and timeline to complete the migration.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, Systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Assisting developers in Cherrypicking bringing individual changes to main & integration branches.
- Setting up your CI schemes to automatically detect, test, and merge new branches. Control the order in which builds are executed and trigger releases by clean tests. While parallel tests are running, anyone on the team can see build results from the issue's details.
- Build management through Jenkins and an internally developed tool for packaging, release and digital signature.
- Release promoter for all critical patches, full releases & bug fixes.
Environment: Jenkins, Shell, Maven, Ant, CVS, GIT, Linux, JIRA, JAVA, Tableau, Splunk easyBI, Bugzilla, Comfluence, Rally.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes