Sr Aws/devops Engineer Resume
- Over 8+ years of proved, strong experience in DevOps, Build, Release and Configuration Management on Unix/Linux based System Administration working on different environment including Red Hat Enterprise Linux (5.5,5.6/6.2,6.4, 6.5,7.0),Cent OS (4x, 5x & 6x), Ubuntu (6x, 7x, 8x, 9x ), ESXi 4.5, AIX (V5.3,6.3 and 7.1), Sun Solaris and Windows platforms.
- Experience in all Phases of Software Life Cycle with emphasis on Designing, Developing, Implementation, Deployment and Support of Distributed Enterprise Scalable, Secure and Transactional Applications.
- Expertise in developing Automated solution for entire build and release process and implementing effective methods for Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery platforms.
- Implemented CI/CD Automation Process using various CI Tools like Jenkins and CD Tools like Docker .
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and Bit Bucket/SVN and AWS
- Used containerization technologies like Docker for building clusters for orchestrating containers deployment.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker and AWS .
- Experience working on several Docker components like Docker Engine, Hub, Machine, Compose and Docker Registry.
- Set up the CI - - Jenkins based automating deployment systems. It enables “one-button” click to build Docker image and deploy to specified stage and also integrated Nexus with CI as package management repositories.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Experience in Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins (Hudson) and Bamboo, Continuous
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Executed Line of Business (LOB Initiatives) within a defined project methodology.
- Well versed with configuration management, version control systems, build and deployment automation tools, Continuous Integration and Delivery, Management of applications servers and Release processes.
- Proficient in Build & Release automation framework designing, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery, Build & release planning, procedures, scripting & automation. Good at documenting and implementing procedures related to build, deployment and release.
- Experience in Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab).
- Strong Knowledge on PAAS and non-PAAS Database systems.
- Delivery/provisioning tools like ansible, chef and Atlassian Tools Confluence and Jira.
- Written Chef cookbooks for installing operating systems, installing Software, web applications in Virtual Machine and AWS EC2instances .
- Used Knife commands to creating cookbooks, uploading cookbooks, downloading cookbook and also bootstrap the cookbooks to nodes.
- Tested the cookbooks in Test Kitchen using Vagrant before deploying in platform.
- Involved in ticketing system to rise up tickets by using JIRA .
- Expert in using ANT scripts, Make and Maven for Build process. Experience with Configuration Management Tools (Ansible).
- Experience in Bug Tracking tool like Jira, ClearQuest
- Best Practice in development of consultants by mentoring ITIL best practices for successful Delivery of Projects and recruiting the best talent for current and future requirements.
- Sound Knowledge in automating Application Configuration and Deployment for IBM WebSphere Application Server, Using WLST Scripting (WebLogic) and Wsadmin Scripting (WebSphere).
- Expertise in Shell Scripting and Perl Scripting for Environment Builds and Automating Deployment on WebSphere Application Servers and WebLogic Application Servers.
- Extensive knowledge of Multiple Client Operating Systems such as Windows, UNIX and Linux.
- Extensive expertise in Scripting Languages such as PERL and BASH to automate the regular activities.
- Experience in Java/J2EE/. Net and managing Software Configurations and Builds in a UNIX Environment.
- Experience in Deploying to and administering the use of JBoss, Tomcat, WebLogic, and IBM WebSphere.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MySQL, No SQL and SQL Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity.
- Closely worked with development, QA and other teams to ensure automated test efforts are tightly integrated with the build system and in fixing the error while doing the deployment and building.
- Experience in SDLC, Agile and Scrum Methodologies.
Operating Systems: Red Hat Linux, Unix, Ubuntu, Debian, Centos, Windows
Cloud Technologies: AWS, Open stack, Docker, Rack space, Container
Databases: MySQL, SQL Server, ORACLE, MongoDB, Couch DB
Monitoring Tools: Cloud Watch, Nagios, Wireshark
Automation and Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Make file, Hudson, Jenkins and Nagios
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet
Virtualization Tools: VMware, Oracle Virtual box, Azure.
Version Control Tools: Eclipse, Jenkins, JIRA, GitHub, SVN, Putty, Vagrant
Programming: C, Html, CSS, Java
Network/Infrastructure: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, ADDS,SAN
Confidential, Raleigh, NC
Sr AWS/Devops engineer
- Experience in RedHat Linux 5.x, 6.x (Installation, Configuration, Tuning and Upgrades).
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources , VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS ,
- Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Managing a production infrastructure on Amazon Web Services VPC utilizing AWS CodeDeploy , S3, EC2 Container Service, Cloud Formation, including Auto Scaling.
- Worked on Migration Strategy and developed a POC migrating VMware/On-premise datacenter to AWS utilizing, AWS EC2, S3, RDS, VPC , and Direct Connect .
- Working experience designing VPC, Route Tables, Direct Connect, Internet Gateway, Security Groups, and CloudWatch Monitoring Alerts.
- Build server deployment on Cloud AWS (EC2 ) servers with help of DevOps tools like Chef.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier. Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Experience in writing Chef Recipes to automate our build/deployment process and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes.
- Created AWS VPC network for the Installed Instances and configured the Security Groups and Elastic IP's accordingly.
- Used Perl scripts for deployment code on multiple servers. Implemented several Continuous Delivery Pipelines for different products using Chef & Jenkins.
- Implemented One Click Deployments using Chef and AWS .
- Installation, Configuration, Administration, upgrading and Troubleshooting of VMware VSphere ESX, Virtual Centre Planning and Designing VMware vSphere and VMware Virtual Centre
- Installation and Configuration of Vagrant in Windows& LINUX and Add required images to Vagrant and create servers out of Images for testing.
- Debugged and resolved software defects and technical problems reported in application and components on the Vagrant machine.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution and used GIT for branching, tagging and merging.
- Developed scripts for build, deployment, maintenance and related tasks using Jenkins, Docker, Maven and Python.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub. Whenever a new Git-hub branch gets started, Jenkins automatically builds a new Docker container from it
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environment needs
- Worked on creating and documenting POC for helping migrate the current application to micro service architecture. The architecture included Docker as the container technology with Kubernetes and worked on with REST API. Worked on creating this application for POC where micro services communicated through the API.
- Experienced in Installing, configuring and maintaining Continuous Integration, Automation and Configuration Management tools like Jenkins and Chef.
- Automated Configuration management to the existing infrastructure and deployed it using Chef
- Installed Git, GitHub plug-ins in Jenkins, thus automating the CI process. Worked with the groovy scripts in Jenkins to execute jobs for a continuous integration pipeline where ‘Groovy Jenkins Plugin’ and ‘Groovy Post-Build Action Plugin’ is used as a build step and post build actions
- Implemented the setup for Master slave architecture to improve the Performance of Jenkins; Used Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation using Jenkins along with Python and Ruby scripts to automate routine jobs
- Experienced in for designing and deploying best SCM processes and procedures
- Designed and implemented fully automated server build management, monitoring and deployment by Using Technologies like Chef.
- Developed Chef Recipes to configure, deploy and maintain software components of the existing infrastructure.
- Using chef written 200+ cookbooks like TOMCAT and BASEPACKAGES for an application to automate and to manage Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Chef and AWS cloud formation templates.
- Experience in setting up the Chef workstation, Chef Repo as well as Chef Nodes.
- Used existing cookbooks from Chef Marketplace and customizing the recipes with respect to each VM.
- Strong experience in setting up the entire Chef Infrastructure from scratch.
- Experience in working with Terraform for automation.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool for managing Resources, Network and Log Trace on hosts, devices and services such that notifications can be received during critical conditions
- Created Instances in Apache Web Server and JBoss Application server in QA and Production environments.
- Worked with Oracle Database Admin to keep all the specified tables as assigned by developments in sync for every release.
- Environment: Azure, Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Git, Chef, Linux, Python Scripts, Perl Scripts, SCM, Jenkins, Apache Tomcat, Kubernetes, Docker, Nagios, Vagrant, VMware, Cloud Watch, JBoss, Jira.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
Sr. Cloud/ DevOps Engineer
- Worked on creation of custom Docker images container images, tagging and pushing the images. Used Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle
- Coordinated with Release Management team regarding appropriate system releases among other development platforms
- Designing scalable and highly available Domain Name System within AWS Cloud to route traffic to AWS Cloud from users connected using AWS Direct Connect for larger deployments.
- Develop CLOUD Formation scripts to provision EC2 instances.
- Created CLOUD Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Set-up databases in AWS using RDS, storage using S3bucket and configuring instance backups to S3 bucket.
- Design EC2instance architecture to meet high availability application architecture and security parameters
- Worked with IAM service creating new IAM users & groups, defining roles and policies and Identity providers
- Working on Multiple AWS instances, set the security groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling to design cost effective, fault tolerant and highly availability systems
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Setup Elastic load-balancers for different applications to ensure high availability of applications.
- Used Amazon Route53 to manage DNS zones and give public DNS names to Elastic load balancers IP.
- Designing, configuring and maintaining AWS Storage Gateway to integrate on-premises/data center storage with AWSCLOUD storage services
- Manage AWS EC2 instances utilizing Auto Scaling, Elastic Load Balancing and Glacier for our QA and UAT environments as well as infrastructure servers for GIT and Ansible
- Enabled cloud watch alarms using custom scripts to monitor host and OS level metrics and sending out the metrics to Cloud Watch dashboard
- Experienced in working with development/testing, deployment, systems/infrastructure and project teams to ensure continuous operation of build and test systems
- Worked extensively on cross-platforms (Windows and UNIX) with Subversion, TFS and GIT
- Created and maintained build related scripts developed in ANT, Ruby and Python and worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, perform releases with Maven release plugin, and manage Artifacts in Sonatype NEXUS Repository
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds
- Rolled out Ansible automation and wrote playbooks and plays to update configurations of Nagios agents
- Experience in Writing Python modules for Ansible customizations
- Used Ansible to manage Web Applications, Config Files, Database, Users, Mount Points, and Packages
- Implemented Ansible as configuration management/ Orchestration tool and managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles, group variables and inventory files. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems
- Experienced in maintenance of the version control system (branching model, security), creation and maintenance of build definitions or scripts, and the setup of work item areas and iterations in GIT
- Experienced in applying the Corporation's Software Configuration Management processes to projects, setting up and maintaining GIT/GitHub infrastructure and supporting a continuous delivery model by automating software build and package migration processes
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN. Migrated Projects from SVN to GIT
- Worked with the groovyscripts in Jenkins to execute jobs for a continuous integration pipeline where ‘Groovy Jenkins Plugin’ and ‘Groovy Post-Build Action Plugin’ is used as a build step and post build actions
- Experienced on working a queue of JIRA tickets to address system issues, user requests upon daily basis
- Worked on high-volume crash collecting and reporting system, built with Python
- Worked on Python Modules and Packages used Python Data structures like lists, dictionaries, tuples
- Provided operational support of many real-time systems using Kubernetes and Docker
- Managed the containers for running the multiple instances of the containerized applications using Kubernetes in container orchestration environment
- Developed APIs using Kubernetes to manage and specify the copies of the containers to run the actual servers in the cloud environment have used Confluence to create, share and discuss content and projects.
- Proficient in planning, developing, executing and supporting the Corporations software development lifecycle from the point of developer check-in through production deployment.
- Coordinated with the DevOps team to scale the organization's application deployment platforms; Interacted with developers and Enterprise Configuration Management Team for implementing best practices to eliminate non-efficient practices and bottlenecks.
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, and Terraform.
Environment: AWS, Jenkins, JIRA, Ant, Maven, Git, Git-Hub, Ansible, NEXUS, UNIX, Groovy Scripting, Ruby, Python Scripting, Oracle, MongoDB, My SQL, NoSQL, SQL, Confluence, Docker.
Confidential - San Jose California
- Build and configure a virtual data center in the Amazon Web Services cloud to support Enterprise Data Warehouse hosting including Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Public and Private Subnets, Security Groups, Route Tables, Elastic Load Balancer
- Continuously managed and improved the build infrastructure for global software development engineering teams including implementation of build scripts, continuous integration infrastructure and deployment tools
- Wrote Puppet manifests for deploying, configuring, and managing collected for metric collection and monitoring to automate Configuration Management to the existing infrastructure
- Managed Web Applications, Configuration Files, Data Base, Commands, Users using Puppet
- Leveraged AWS cloud services such as EC2, auto-scaling and VPC to build secure, highly scalable and flexible systems that handled expected and unexpected load bursts
- Manage amazon redshift clusters such as launching the cluster and specifying the node type as well
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python, Ruby, and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache, and IIS
- Designed AWS CloudFormation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, AutoScaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSONtemplates
- Managed servers on the AWS platform instances using Puppet Configuration management
- Integrated DOCKER into various infrastructure tools, including Amazon Web Services, PUPPET, and VMware vSphere Integrated Containers
- Provide highly durable and available data by using S3 data store, versioning, lifecycle policies, and createAMIs for mission critical production servers for backup
- Maintained the user accounts (IAM),RDS, Route 53, VPC, RDB, Dynamo DB, SES, SQS and SNS services in AWS cloud
- Designed and implemented scalable, secure cloud architecture based on Amazon Web Services
- Extensively worked on Bamboo for continuous integration and for End-to-End automation for all build and deployments across multiple data centers
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS, creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection
- Deployed applications on AWS by using Elastic Beanstalk
- Manage source code, software builds, software versioning, & defect tracking on software maintenance tasks/projects
- Administered and Engineered Bamboo for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Dev/ Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases
- Used Maven as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services which includes web servers, ELB, Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker , Bamboo and GitHub . Whenever a new Git-hub branch gets started, Bamboo automatically builds a new Docker container from it
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management
Environment: AWS (Cloud watch, Cloud Formation), Linux, Puppet, Git, Bamboo, AWS Auto Scaling, Nagios, Subversion, Unix/Linux, Python scripting, Docker
Confidential -Austin TX
- Implemented agile development methodology and provided estimates, daily & weekly status report to the client on progress of the tasks.
- Maintained and administered Git source code tool.
- Support the code builds by integrating with continuous integration tool Jenkins and Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Integrated Git into Jenkins to automate the code check-out process.
- Managed to deliver specific versions of various components of an application into target environments.
- Utilized Configuration Management Tool Chef & created Chef Cookbooks using recipes to automate system operations.
- Involved in writing pom files to establish the code quality tools integration.
- Experienced in authoring pom.xml files, performing releases with the Maven release plugin , Mavenization of Java projects and managing Maven repositories .
- Maintain and track inventory using Jenkins and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Modeled the structure for multi-tiered applications orchestrate the processes to deploy each tier.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using Ant and Maven as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) Using Jenkins , Nexus , Yum .
- Created chef manifests, profiles and roles module to automate system operations.
- Strengthening security by implementing and maintaining Network Address Translation in company’s network
- Performed and deployed Builds for various Environments like QA, UAT and Productions Environments.
- Familiar and experienced with Agile Scrum development.
- Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile development in Subversion .
- Automating the regular tasks in Subversion and streamlining the process of access to SVN . Migrated Projects from SVN to Git .
- Created and wrote Python and PowerShell for automating tasks.
- Worked with customers, developers, testing, product management and support staff.
- In-depth understanding of large complex software systems to isolate defects, reproduce defects, assess risk and understand varied customer deployments.
- Good experience in AWS (Amazon Web Services) including deploying new server instances through automation with Chef and Jenkins .
- By Using Chef and AWS allowed me to reduce costs for the department and eliminate unwarranted resources.
Environment: Java/J2EE, spring, Subversion SVN, Jenkins, JIRA, Maven, GIT, ANT, AWS, Python, Linux, Windows, Nexus, PowerShell Scripting.
Build Engineer and Release engineer
- Provided detailed documentation of complex build and release process, MOPs, build cycles and calendars including creating build reports and Release notes.
- Assisted PM and RM creating Weekly Status Reports, Roadmaps and other presentations.
- Implemented best practices of agile methodology to speed up the delivery process efficiently.
- Was active member of daily stand up meetings, bug scrubbing meetings and Sprint planning meetings as best practices of agile environment.
- Introduced a concept of Review Branch for code analysis and controlled code management strategy.
- Introduced ideas for better traceability of code and product development by documenting processes and daily activities in Confluence.
- Facilitate Source Code Management (SCM) best practices among development QA and solution teams.
- Work closely with developers, QA teams, Product owners and other stakeholders to deliver software through the build and deployment system.
- Developed branching strategy suitable to current code structure and successfully executed using SVN, Uber SVN and Tortoise SVN.
- Participate in Change Management architectural discussions with Application/Product Owners.
- Configured multiple jobs on Jenkins for different projects.
- Worked on Integrated JIRA with subversion and Jenkins to automate the weekly build process.
- Hands on experience on JIRA for creating bug tickets, storyboarding, pulling reports from dashboard, creating and planning sprints.
- Used ANT scripts and Shell scripts to automate build and release process.
- Deployed weekly builds and Release candidate builds to multiple environments.
- Familiar with some of the leading Project management tools like Base camp and Atlassian tools.Provided extended support to development and QA team for troubleshooting build failures by keeping track of build logs and communicating the same effectively.
- Assisted QA team to monitor post deployment activities and encouraged reporting and feedback process.
Environment: Subversion, Ant, X Code, Jenkins, JIRA, Apache Tomcat, LINUX, Ubuntu, Windows 7, Ant Scripts, Shell Scripts, Java, C#, .Net, Test Flight, Confluence, Eclipse, IIS Server, SQL Server 2008.
Linux System Administrator
- System Installation and configuration (RHEL, Solaris, Windows Servers).
- Monitoring, analyzing, and responding to security events utilizing security event management and reporting tools.
- Account, user and group administration, Permissions policy management and quota implementation.
- System performance monitoring, tuning and log management.
- TCP/IP Networking troubleshooting and Linux Network Administration.
- Worked closely with network/incident analysts and IC analysts to monitor current attack and threat information to identify.
- Installation, configuration, support and security implementation on following services:
- DHCP: Range of IP, Assigning fixed IP to MAC address.
- SSH: Configuring Servers, password-less authentication configuration.
- NFS: Configuration, administration, on demand mounting.
- SAMBA: Sharing folders, printers with Win32 & Win64 system, Creating SAMBA users.
- NIS: Server and client configuration.
- DNS: Server configuration and maintenance.
- HTTPD: Apache web server maintenance, installation, configuration, managing web hosting including name-based, secure and private site, monitoring web server performance, certificate generate, security checks and periodic upgrades, manage user accounts, back up.
- SQUID: Proxy Server configuration, allow deny access.
- E-mail: Postfix, Dovecot configuration, user management, relay, alias, Procmail configuration.
- Implemented and maintained server virtualization using VMware, ESXi and Oracle Virtual Manager.
- Coordinated with application team in installation, configuration and troubleshoot issues with JBoss servers.
- Installation and configuration of database systems e.g. MySQL, Oracle.
- Involved in creating virtual machine using Oracle Virtual Manager, creating server pool, VM cloning.
- System monitoring and remote connection management using telnet and SSH connections.
- Involved in setup Storage Area Network (SAN) and NAS and file system backup and restore.
- 24x7 on-call rotation for support of production systems.
Environment: VMware, TCP/IP, ESXi, Red Hat, VERITAS, PAAS, BASH, Apache, JBoss, IBM Server, MY SQL, Oracle, LINUX.
- .NET Developers/Architects Resumes
- Java Developers/Architects Resumes
- Informatica Developers/Architects Resumes
- Business Analyst (BA) Resumes
- Quality Assurance (QA) Resumes
- Network and Systems Administrators Resumes
- Help Desk and Support specialists Resumes
- Oracle Developers Resumes
- SAP Resumes
- Web Developer Resumes
- Datawarehousing, ETL, Informatica Resumes
- Business Intelligence, Business Object Resumes
- MainFrame Resumes
- Network Admin Resumes
- Oracle Resumes
- ORACLE DBA Resumes
- Other Resumes
- Peoplesoft Resumes
- Project Manager Resumes
- Quality Assurance Resumes
- Recruiter Resumes
- SAS Resumes
- Sharepoint Resumes
- SQL Developers Resumes
- Technical Writers Resumes
- WebSphere Resumes
- Hot Resumes