- Over 7+ years of IT Industry experience with Configuration Management, Build, Deploy, Release Management and Quality Assurance.
- Strong understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Perform as DevOps enabler, specializing in Agile, Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), Cloud, and Infrastructure as Code, Infrastructure Provisioning, Orchestration, Monitoring, Alerting and Service Level Dashboards.
- Experienced in involving root cause analysis and resolution of defects with traceability matrix for proper test coverage.
- Creating Release Templets, Release pipeline, Release Paths and Inventory in Release management tool using PowerShell Scripting.
- Hands on experience in using Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins, Bamboo, Team city and Hudson. Supporting scheduled builds using scripts and tools.
- Implemented code coverage and unit test plugins with Maven in Jenkins .
- Worked with optimization of server resources, Amazon Elastic Cloud instances and website security, Web services /REST, Amazon AWS, Chef and Puppet.
- Created instances in AWS as well as worked on migration to AWS from data Center.
- Automated application deployment in the cloud using Docker technology using Elastic Container Service scheduler.
- Having good Experience in Chef and Puppet for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Hands - on experience on Ansible and Ansible Tower as Configuration management tool, to automate repetitive tasks, quickly deploys critical applications, and proactively manages change.
- Experienced in Writing JAVA scripts in automation frame works
- Experienced in selenium IDE and Selenium Web driver
- Knowledge on BDD testing using Cucumber.
- Experienced in working in teams as well as solo responsibility projects.
- Possess the Ability to master new concepts and Applications quickly.
- Experienced with designing scenarios in Black box testing, GUI Testing, Functionality Testing, Integrated Testing, Regression Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Volume Testing, Load Testing, Stress Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MYSQL and SQL Server by using SQL for data integrity.
- Contribute to cloud service design, configuration and deployment.
- Good experience in Web Logic, Web sphere, Tomcat Application Server for application deployments.
- Created build pipeline for application versions, using Jenkins Continues Integration.
- Created and managed a Docker deployment pipeline for custom application images in the cloud using Jenkins.
- Incident management reports , including initial problem analysis , management status , resolution , and follows up defect reporting in an automated fashion.
- Worked with repository managers like Nexus and Artifactory.
- Installed and Configured the Jfrog Artifactory and Mission Control.
- I had been part of the artifactory upgrade from 4.7.7 to 5.4.6.
- Experienced in troubleshooting, configuring and Deploying Enterprise Applications in WebSphere, BEA WebLogic, and JBOSS/Tomcat as well.
- Expanded Experience in Network Management like DNS, NIS, NFS, LDAP, send mail, ftp, SSL, SSH, HTTPS, SFTP, TFTP and system troubleshooting skills.
- Have Experience on Ruby with chef Automation tools.
- Worked with different Bug & Log Tracking Tools like Splunk, Remedy, Jira and Clear Quest.
- Created and configured new JIRA projects and worked with departments to maintain existing JIRA projects.
- Provide assistance to clients with the implementation of Configuration Management, Release Management. In addition, process creation and control through the use of Subversion/GIT.
- Good understanding of the processes in Software Development Life Cycle.
- Good debugging, root cause analysis and problem solving skills.
- Providing 24X7 On-call Production and Customer Support.
- Customer focused, organized, detail oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
Cloud Computing: Amazon Web Services: EC2, IAM, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Load Balancer(ELB), RDS(MySQL), Dynamo DB, S3, Glacier, SQS, SNS, Cloud Formation, Route 53, VPC, Cloud Watch, VMware, Open Stack.
CI Tools: Jenkins, Bamboo, Continuum, Team City and Hudson.
Configuration Management: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, GIT, SVN, Nagios, Docker, Vagrant
Operating System: RHEL/CentOS 5.x/6.x/7, Ubuntu/Debian/Fedora, Sun Solaris 7/8/9/10, Windows Server 2003/2008/2012.
Build Tools: ANT, MAVEN Bamboo, Cmake, MS Build and NAnt.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, HP QTP, HP ALM, SOAP UI,REST Client.
Versioning Tools: Git, SVN, TFS, Clear Case, Subversion, Stash
SCM Tools: Crucible, TFS, Subversion, Fisheye, BitBucket.
Web/ App Servers: Web Sphere, Apache Tomcat, JBOSS, Web Logic
Scripting Languages: Python, Ruby, Perl, PowerShell, SQL, and Java/J2EE., Shell
Database Management: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MY SQL, PostgreSQL
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla and HP Quality Centre
Methodologies: AGILE, SDLC, Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Unified Modeling Language (UML), Assembly and System Level Testing, exposure in Agile.
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, ELK, Dynatrace
Sr DevOps/ Cloud Engineer
Environment: Agile,Jenkins,Git,Artifactory,Mission control,AWS,UDeploy,Ansible, Kubernetes, Apache,Tomcat, F5 Load balancer, Shell scripting, Splunk, Linux,Dynatrace,Jira, Confluence
- Configured Jenkins jobs to build across the different environments.
- Reported bugs and tracked defects using Jira.
- Worked on Jira for tracking and updating the Jira tickets and per assigned.
- Worked on Confluence to share knowledge with other teams.
- Created an end to end Jenkins pipeline to absorb code from Stash (GitHub), to resolve dependencies from Artifactory and deploy using UDeploy.
- Monitored jobs using Jenkins console.
- Integrated Maven with Jenkins for the builds as the Continuous Integration process.
- Installed and Configured Enterprise Jfrog Artifactory.
- Extensive Knowledge on Artifactory upgrades, backups and LDAP integrations.
- Solely admin the Artifactory, and responsible for backing-up/upgrading to latest Artifactory versions and granting the require access to the authorized people.
- Created Splunk dashboard for Artifactory application and Monitored server logs. configured email notifications etc., for Artifactory critical errors
- Worked as a developer and administrator for Artifactory.
- Used Ansible as an automation engine for cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra service orchestration and multi-tier deployments.
- Created Ansible playbooks to install and setup Artifactory.
- Extensively maintaining in keeping the host-level configuration clean and also readable, so that anyone can reuse code and implement changes in the Ansible Environment.
- Expert in maintaining servers, Linux Automation server and Infrastructure as Code/configuration management solutions in Ansible.
- Created playbooks for OpenStack deployments and bug fixes with Ansible.
- Strong hands on experience in Ansible scripting skills.
- Provisioned Linux servers for multi cluster Artifactory environment and also configured Oracle DB to server the Artifactory.
- Installed and Configured the Jfrog Mission control and integrated with different environments of Artifactory instances.
- Automated the Installation process of Mission control using with Ansible playbook.
- Installed and administered Artifactory repository to deploy the artifacts generated by Maven and to store the dependent jars which are used during the build.
- I have also used Artifactory’s REST APIs to download, upload and update artifacts and also testing the functionality of Artifactory.
- Used Jenkins to create CI/CD pipeline for Artifactory using the plugin provided by Jfrog
- Have expertise on Stash and Jira since I have been working with them throughout the project
- Configured entire environment from scratch via Ansible playbook to host Artifactory
- Installation and configuration of Red Hat Linux, oracle Linux, on new server builds as well as during the upgrade.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of Red Hat Linux servers.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Jfrog Artifactory and X-Ray and Oracle database templates.
- Implemented and designed AWS virtual servers by Ansible roles to ensure deployment of web applications.
- Used Cloud Watch for monitoring AWS cloud resources and the applications that deployed on AWS by creating new alarm, enable notification service.
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for different environments.
- Designed kubernetes-based micro service architecture in AWS .
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using kubernetes..
- Using Artifactory for all builds ipa/apk/sdk etc zipped files storage, i.e. CI/CD process.
- Developed strategies, and contracts for validation of deployments and automated rollbacks in UDeploy.
- Managed build results in UDeploy and deployed using workflows in UDeploy .
- Delivered specific versions of various components of an application into target environments using UDeploy.
- Maintain and track inventory using UDeploy and set alerts when the servers are full and need attention.
- Provisioned load balancer, auto-scaling group and launch configuration for mircoservices using Ansible.
- Thoroughly document operational practices and procedures.
- Generated Certificate Signing Request (CSR) on the F5 LTM.Configured Virtual servers, pools and load balancing methods via command line and GUI as well.
- Installed and configured the Load Balancer for the smooth flow of Network traffic.
- Implemented F5 LTM for load balancing & SSL offloading.
- Created SSL or https to all the new migrated application for security purpose.
- Worked on Load Balancer F5 LTM, GTM for the Enterprise applications and their availability
- Involved in creating load balancing implementation plans and configurations, deployment of F5 load balancers.
- Experience with CSM, F5 (LTM) Load Balancers to provide efficient switching and routing for local and global traffic.
- Configuring objects such as Load Balancer pools for local traffic management on F5 Load Balancers.
Confidential, Marlborough, MA
Environment: Agile, Jenkins, Nginx, GIT, Chef, Ansible, Nestscaler, AWS, Cassandra, Linux, Stash, Shell, Nexus, UDeploy, Apache Tomcat, Selenium, Maven.
- Responsible for Release Automation (software and content deployments) across all environments - Dev, QA, staging & production or all product & platforms, under AWS. This includes working with the Digital Program and Portfolio management group to develop, implement and maintain a continuous integration & delivery methodology.
- Implemented Page Object Model by using Page Factory elements.
- We used Core-Java and Collections to build the framework.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, and GitHub and AWS.
- Working on Dockers for deploying the applications.
- XL Deploy &XL Release for continuous delivery of applications and integrating XL Deploy with Jenkins.
- Pushing Code from Git to Nexus make available for release through automation script using Jenkins.
- Integrated Jenkins with UDeploy and created UDeploy components, deploy process installed deploy agents on Linux machines.
- Developed tooling for encrypting chef data bags without access to chef server.
- Evaluated and automated chef client and server upgrades.
- Written Storm topology to accept the events from Kafka producer and emit into Cassandra DB.
- Installed KAFKA on Hadoop cluster and configured producer and consumer coding part in java to establish connection from twitter source to HDFS with popular hash tags.
- Developed a proof of concept for using HBase and Cassandra to store and process borrower.
- Branching, Merging, Tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like Subversion (SVN), GIT (GitHub, GitLab), Clear case, Harvest and VSS.
- Designed small cluster of AWS environments for DEV and QA environments.
- Expertise in configuring and managing services like AWS EC2 using AMI’s available. Configured multiple servers depending on application needs using continuous integration tools like Jenkins.
- Implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins, Chef, and Maven & Nexus in Linux environment.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching; Continuous Delivery is being enabled through Deployment into several environments of Test, QA, Stress and Production using Nexus and Jenkins.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy to AWS.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates in JSON to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to deploy Web applications & database templates; designed roles and groups for users & resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Installation and troubleshooting GIT related problems.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Migrated out core repository from SUBVERSION to GIT. In this process I was involved in individually migrate all the code base from subversion to Git ensuring that health of our builds aren't affected. Performed high level merges of branches, code bases.
- Documented a blueprint for Lab to AWS EC2, VPC cloud migration along with impacts and plan of action. Managed GitHub Projects and migrated from SVN to GitHub with history.
- Used Cloud Trail, TESSA, Cloud Passage, Check Marx, Qualys Scan tools for AWS security and scanning.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud Watch.
- Performed web testing automation using selenium API.
- Installation and troubleshooting GIT related problems.
- Built applications using multiple NetScaler appliances (IE) VPX, MPX, SDX
- Monitored and Troubleshoot the issues via Citrix NetScaler Insight Center and Citrix Director
- Migrated oracle databases from 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 to 12c
- Integration of Maven/Nexus, Jenkins, Urban code Deploy with Patterns/Release, Git, and Cloud Foundry .
- Executed parallel browser testing on various machines using Selenium Grid and performed CROSS Browser testing.
- Installing, configuring and administering Jenkins CI tool on Linux machines.
- Built a deployment pipeline for deploying tagged versions of applications to AWS beanstalk using Jenkins CI.
- Experienced with writing build jobs using Maven and integrate that with Jenkins.
- Automated deployment process, the Jar files and started deploying into Application servers by using Jenkins. Setting up the automated daily and nightly builds.
- Troubleshoot the build issue during the Jenkins build process.
- Customize deployment process using UNIX shell scripts to automate the overall deployment process.
- Development of the scripts to clean up log files and taking the backup of files.
- Setting up required documentation and maintain them for easy access.
Confidential, Miami, FL
Environment: Fabric, AWS, Salt Stack, Puppet, Docker, Python, Jenkins, Artifactory, Maven, GIT, Tomcat, Shell, Linux (CentOS), JAVA, Log stash.
- Design and implemented zero-click continuous delivery/orchestration of code/configuration promotion with standardizing CI workflow which includes Code Coverage, Unit Test cases, functional test cases and auto-promotion of code depending on various test cases results across multiple environments.
- Involved with set up of Continuous integration and daily builds using Jenkins with artifactory repository manager.
- Used Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments into artifactory.
- I have built end to end CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, perform tests and push build artifacts to artifactory.
- Implemented maven plug in through Jenkins jobs for deploying the artifacts to artifactory.
- Managing the source through Source Code Management System (SCMS) using Subversion.
- Used AWS service IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances in AWS.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Worked on Multiple AWS instances, managed Security Groups, Elastic Load Balancer and AMIs, Auto scaling, Elastic Bean Stalk, SQS and SNS to design cost effective, fault tolerant & highly available systems used EBS to store persistent data to mitigate failure.
- Developed automation scripting in Python (core) using Puppet to deploy and manage Java applications across Linux servers.
- Installed and configured foreman with puppet automation for auto-provisioning the Linux machines in VMware environments.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Managing Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure with automation and configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet.
- GIT used to store the code and integrated it to Ansible Tower to deploy the playbooks.
- Deploy and monitor scalable infrastructure on Amazon web services (AWS) & configuration management using puppet.
- Integrated delivery (CI and CD process) using Jenkins, Yum and puppet.
- Created Custom Puppet modules for bootstrapping new servers with required application dependencies and packages.
- Performed code merges on a regular frequency to integrate the source code from various branches.
- Automated Build process using Continuous integration tool like Jenkins.
- Responsible for Docker and services discovery, including management and customization of images, and adding external content by using Docker Hub, as well as exposing container ports, using port redirects, creating snapshots, writing automation .
- Experimented development on scalable Linux deployments on Docker.
- Expertise on Deploying Tomcat and Elastic search clusters using Docker.
- Worked on Jenkins by creating and scheduling jobs and Builds and deployments using the same.
- Deployment process using Shell scripts to automate the overall deployment process.
- Developed automated build programs to create build.xml and to perform the builds.
- Configure build, package and deliver java application-to-application servers.
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications into different environments like QA, UAT, Pre-Production and Production. validate all the parameters passed between the web pages using SOAP UI
- Used HTTP, MQ protocols in SOAP UI
- Strategizing with QA team to integrate Selenium /QTP testing frameworks into the automation tools to achieve test automation process into CI/CD process.
- Communicate with development team about the issued raised in the build level.
- Strong Automation skills with respect to Build/Deploy Processes.
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
Environment: Jenkins, Java/J2EE, ANT, Maven, Subversion, Python, Power Shell, GIT, Tomcat, Apache, Clear Case, Bash Scripts, Ruby.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, and the access control strategies.
- Working as part of Devops Team for different internal automation and build configuration management. Developed shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Collaborating with leads from DEV, QA, PM, DevOps and other functional groups to implement Agile SDLC and Continuous Integration (Build -> Test -> Deploy -> Report)
- Worked with Subversion, Proposed and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in a Fast Paced Engineering Environment.
- Used ANT & MAVEN build tools in Jenkins to build scripts and move from one environment to other
- Implementing new projects builds framework using Jenkins & maven as build framework.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day Subversion support for different projects.
- Implemented & maintained the branching and build/release strategies utilizing Subversion.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion with the J2EE.
- Setup the build and deployment scripts using Anthill Pro for J2EE and Java applications using Web Logic Application Server.
- Responsible for writing Hooks and Triggers using Python.
- Performed merges, and executed builds on a pool of dedicated build machines.
- Involved in periodic archiving and storage of the source code for disaster recovery.
- Used ANT and MAVEN as a build tools on java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code. Active participation in Build and release process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Executed user administration and maintenance tasks including creating users and groups, reports and queries. Expert in User Management and Plugin Management for Jenkins.
- Used Perl & Shell scripts to automate build & release process; managed Maven project dependencies
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Provided periodic feedback of status and scheduling issues to the management.
- Created END-END Automation with CI Procedures using Jenkins.
- Worked with Development Team Leads and Testing teams to establish a build schedule, execute the builds and troubleshoot build failures, if any.
- Coordinate with the Development Teams to receive the correct versions of re-usable and dependent components and with Environment team for issuing/installing successful builds.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Created and configured dynamic/snapshot Clear Case views as per the requirements and writing configuration-spec for views to work with branches and labels.
- Created Ant & UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Extensively used Maven and Bash Scripts for automating build and release tasks.
Confidential, Boston, MA
Linux & Network Engineer
Environment: Linux, Ant, Junit, Maven, Hudson, Jira, Shell Script, Perl Script.
- Responsible for daily activities which included administration and maintenance of Enterprise and Advanced Servers (ES/AS) running Red Hat Enterprise Linux .
- Designed, configured, and implemented an enterprise Red Hat Linux Kickstart DVD installation to automate installation of RHEL workstation servers.
- Server Installations, configurations, upgrades and migrations on Linux .
- User and Group administration in Linux and Solaris environment.
- Administered Linux servers, performed website maintenance, network security and process development.
- Configured Network Concepts DNS, NIS and DHCP, troubleshooting network problems such as TCP/IP, providing support for users in solving their problems.
- Good knowledge on networking concepts like routers, switches, DHCP, DNS, OSI layers, TCP/IP protocols.
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, Microsoft Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, VLAN, PKI, WSUS, WDS, VPN, and SSL-VPN.
- Managing DNS, LDAP, FTP, Tomcat & Apache web servers on Linux servers.
- Experienced in Providing LUNs to the various enterprise operating systems such as Solaris and Linux.
- Subject Matter Expert with Software Build and Release Management methodologies, hands-on experience creating and managing the various development and build platforms, and deployment strategies. Active participation in Build and release process.
- Assist with maintaining current build systems, developed build scripts, and maintained the source control system.
- Building the JAR, WAR and EAR using Ant.
- Managed the source codes repository of multiple development applications using Perforce version control tools. Builds and deploys J2EE application in WebLogic.
- Created analytical matrices reports for release services based on JIRA tickets.
- Trained offshore team members and responsible for knowledge transfer.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments.
- Coordinated application release with developer, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Managed and tracked all the changes into production using Jira.
- Integrated Jira with perforce through Perforce plugin where all the p4 change lists and revisions are directly displayed in Jira.