- Excellent communicator with high - level technical skills and a diverse background with over twenty years of experience as a software developer, business analyst, Graphical User Interface designer, and software instructor in a variety of business and industry settings, both private and public.
Senior .Net Developer
- Worked as a liaison between the offshore development team in Bangalore, India and the on-premises operations team in Bingen, Washington to migrate a new Microsoft Azure PaaS ASP.Net / SQL Server application to an On-Prem environment. The app was developed to run in a highly secure G-Series Azure environment but needed to be moved to an on-premises environment due to delays in obtaining the necessary high-security s of the Azure-G environment by Insitu and federal government regulators.
- Worked as a senior developer/consultant to migrate an existing On-Prem Multi-Tenant ASP.Net MVC/Web API/SignalR application to an Azure PaaS environment. This involved creating multiple Azure Resource Groups, App Services, SQL databases, Deployment Slots, and Application Insights.
- Performed analysis on existing codebase to identify excessive memory and CPU usage. Developed a plan for refactoring existing code to mitigate and or eliminate problems in the code. After the plan was implemented and executed, Average CPU usage dropped from greater than 75% to less than 2%. Memory consumption dropped from peaks of 80% to 100% down to less than 20% peak. Because of these improvements, and other similar suggested changes, the application’s speed, responsiveness, and overall usability were greatly enhanced.
- Member of a team tasked with prototyping a new application to interface with King County courts data using MS Azure IaaS, PaaS, and Azure-hosted tools.
- Developed a working mobile application using MS Xamarin Forms and C# that connected to a MS SQL Server database residing in MS Azure IaaS environment.
- Other team members developed a translation module for the chat bot using Microsoft’s Azure-based Cognitive Services, a PowerBI desktop application connected to the Azure SQL database, and a MVC web application which functioned similarly to the mobile application.
Confidential, WASenior .Net Developer
- Communicate with web services to send and receive data
- Create multiple complex user interface designs using HTML5, CSS, LESS, and JQuery AJAX
- Implement automated document management processes using Aspose.Words
- Create a suite of automated user-interface tests using Selenium and Selenium ChromeDriver
- Obtain an understanding of key business needs and work directly with end users to create effective solutions
- Elicit, understand, and document complex business processes and translate them into solutions
- Interact and consult with managers of L&I business units, as well as key Subject Matter Experts
- Exercise excellent communication skills for communicating various system issues and meeting the customer’s expectations
- Participate in workshop/interview meetings with business/application owners and end users
- Effectively manage time to assure commitments are met on time
- Implement application integration of .NET environments and third-party tools
- Employ source code repository check-in processes
- Employ a strong team-oriented focus
Senior .Net Developer
- Worked independently and as a project team member in the development of a commercial web - based application portal and individual web-based applications to support the ongoing business operations of agricultural cooperatives and commercial seed companies.
- REST-based web applications were designed to communicate with Microsoft SharePoint Online for authentication and data sharing using C#, ASP.Net Web API, and AngularJS.
- Note: This was a purposely a short-term contract position while transitioning residence from Illinois to Washington.
Senior .Net Web Developer
- Worked remotely as the primary front - end developer for a web-based interface for W.I.C. Women, Infants, & Children E.B.T. (Electronic Benefit Transaction) programs.
- The site is accessible to enrolled state agencies, local agencies, Native American tribal government agencies, merchants, and clients.
- Development was in a fast-paced, collaborative, agile environment. Communications with other team members via Skype.
Senior .Net Web Developer
- Developed highly complex, customer - facing web applications for all State Farm Insurance Company agents and team members around the country.
- Member of a widely distributed team in a fast-paced, collaborative, and agile environment. Team members were local, regional, and international.
Information Systems Analyst II (Senior Developer)
- Procurement Communication Reporting System (PCRS): designed and implemented WCF services for data and Active Directory access; mentored junior developers on best practices for ASP.Net Web Forms applications.
- Active Directory Information Management (ADIM): designed and implemented WCF and Web services, as well as Web sites and SharePoint Web parts, to manage data access and Active Directory profile management; helped design and implement a self-registration portal site for self-creation of Active Directory accounts; developed a custom CAPTCHA control for use in multiple projects; mentored junior developers.
- Vendor Management System: Lead developer on this enterprise web-based application (MVC/WCF/Entity Framework) which manages contracts and vendors for the State of Illinois, including managing and reporting on the BEP (Small Business/Minority Business) Program spend for state contracts.
- Common Registration System: Designed and implemented a common registration system (web application and WCF web services) for enterprise web applications which ties public and internal Active Directory accounts to employee information records in the state mainframe.
- Database: UI Architect and Lead Developer on this enterprise-wide web-based application (MVC/WCF/NHibernate).
- Electronic Registration (EREG) and Electronic Time (ETIME) systems: developed and implemented a security module for use across multiple systems; developed an online timesheet for integration into the ETIME system; designed a site-wide style sheet for use in multiple systems; mentored junior developers in the use of web and database technologies. Database was DB2 mainframe, data access was NHibernate.
- Disability Survey: Mentored team on the use of Entity Framework and LINQ-to-Entities for system data access; implemented patterns for use in other similar projects; mentored junior developers.
- State Retirement System (SRS): Worked as a team member developing and maintaining a large WPF client/server application. Also provided web development support using ASP.Net MVC 3.0 and SQL Server 2012.
- Misc: Provided support for various systems using SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) and SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), database design and administration, etc.
Senior Developer / System Architect / Database Administrator
- Designed, helped develop, and helped implement a custom document imaging workflow and management system that replaced an aging proprietary third-party system. This new system saved the State of Illinois nearly 250K per year on hardware and licensing costs alone; the cost savings realized by reduced down-time and increased efficiencies have not been calculated.
- Designed and developed a pluggable services architecture which is able to be remotely administered through both a desktop and a web-based application called the Services Control Panel.
- Designed and developed the SR Letters application - an extensive CIS/MS Word 2007 hybrid application that manages all incoming and outgoing correspondence for the Safety Responsibility section.
- Designed and developed the LLR (Local Liaison Reporting) system - an application that tracks and maintains forms and document inventories as well as manages communications and contacts between the Division of Traffic Safety and local law enforcement agencies throughout the state;
- Designed and developed a Crash Report Redaction Tool - a desktop application that interfaces with CIS and allows users to apply redaction masks to document images, allowing them to redact rmation from crash report forms, letters, insurance documents, etc. The application saves the redaction information separate from the source documents, which allows the redactions to be applied to the documents at any time.
- Designed and developed various web-based document search and retrieval tools - web sites that allow end-users across the state to search the CIS database for crash-related documents and information; documents are returned to users as separate or combined PDF files, either redacted or plain, depending on security level, etc.
- Designed and developed the SOS Admin Hearings website - a web-based application that allows the Secretary of State Safety and Financial Responsibility division to access CIS in order to view crash documents and make determinations for driver’s license s, etc.
- Designed a Simple Entity Framework for working with table-based entity objects in a unified manner across applications (this was before Linq-to-SQL and the Microsoft’s Entity Framework). Table-based entity objects and associated stored procedures are automatically generated using CodeSmith Professional using SQL Server metadata.
- Designed and developed a common table maintenance infrastructure and user-interface framework for updating the many code tables and user rights management tables in the CIS application stack.
- Performed many significant database administrator functions, such as creating and maintaining stored procedures, triggers, constraints, user-defined functions, indexes, and such.
- Was highly involved in the process of migrating all services, web services, and web sites from IIS 5.0 to IIS 7.0. Also highly involved in migrating the CIS database from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2008.
- Performed many other duties and responsibilities not mentioned above.