- AWS and DevOps Engineer with over 8 + years of experience as a hand - on Build Release engineer, infrastructure integrator and System administrator.
- Has experience in bash and python scripting with focus on DevOps tools, CI/CD and AWS Cloud Architecture and hands-on Engineering.
- Has experience in installation, administration, patches, upgradation, configuration, performance tuning and troubleshooting various Linux and Windows based servers like RedHat Linux 4/5/6, Amazon Linux, CentOS5/6, SunSolaris 8/9/10.
- In-depth experience in AWS using EC2, Volume and Snapshot management, AWS DynamoDB, A WS S3, AWS RDS, AWS VPC, Route 53, Elastic Beanstalk and IAM services.
- Good Knowledge and working experience in cloud Migration.
- Provided Cloud Migration Solutions and Architecture using AWS .
- Cloud Migration Support and Maintanence.
- Experience in Linux administration.
- Proficient with Python and scripting languages.
- Good problem solving skills. Deep knowledge of SQL/PLSQL . Good understanding of Java .
- Expertise in automation tools like Git, Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Subversion, Nagios and Docker .
- Used Docker for Ship, Run, virtualization, and Deploy the application with securely for fasten the Release/ Build Engineering.
- Experienced with building deploying and troubleshooting web services.
- Experience with and understanding of AWS Has experience in working on cloud AWS cloud EC2, S3, RDS, LoadBalancer, Auto Scaling with AWS command line interface and AWS python SDK.
- Worked on AWS EBS Volumes, Cloud Formation and Cloud Watch services.
- Documenting, system utilization, configurations, instances, OS, and AMI build practices and backup procedures.
- Experience in messaging services Simple Notification Service (SNS), Simple Queue Service (SQS).
- Diverse knowledge on AWS Developer Tools like AWS CodeCommit, AWS CodeDeploy, AWS CodePipeline.
- Miscellaneous Devops task - On call support, troubleshooting issues coming from Microsoft etc.
- Maintaining Code Components in the Version control tool TFS, Setting up Cloud Servers for different Environments like production and Non- Productions in Cloud Azure.
- Has experience in version control using SVN, GIT, TFS and GITHUB and continuous integration management using Jenkins.
- Experience on all areas of Jenkins like Plugin Management, Securing Jenkins, Performance issues, Analytics, Scaling Jenkins, integrating Code Analysis and Test Phases to complete the CD pipelines within Jenkins.
- Worked on Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Has experience in setting up Baselines, branching strategies, Patches and merging with various version control systems.
- Has experience in using Tomcat and Apache web servers for deployment and for hosting tools.
- Has experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Patches, Merging and Automation processes using Shell/bash and Batch Scripts.
- Proficient in Installation, configuration, maintenance of open LDAP server and application integrated with Apache Web server and Postfix mail server for user authentication.
- Has experience in Build Management Tools Ant and Maven for writing build.xml and pom.xml files.
- Used Agile practices (iterative development & sprints) for various user stories during the project execution.
- Worked with different Tools like Confluence, Jira, Bugzilla, and Remedy.
- Has experience in various configuration and automation management tools such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Has experience in DNS, NIS, NFS, NSLookUp, SnoopFTP, NIS, SambaServer, LDAP, remote access, security management, and system troubleshooting skills.
- Experienced with Ansible playbooks for virtual and physical instance provisioning, configuration management, patching and software deployment.
- Hands on experience in creation and management of cloud VM's.
- Has experience in developing and delivering content on the web using JAVA/J2EE.
- Collaborating with the development team and a broad range of users/customers in all phases of the software development lifecycle.
- Has experience in Oracle and M y SQL Database servers DB tasks.
- Strong analytical, diagnostics, troubleshooting skills to consistently deliver productive technological solutions.
- Coordinated with the Offshore and Onshore teams for Production Releases.
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication skills and have the ability to work either independently with little or no supervision or as a member of a team.
Versioning Tools: Git, Bit Bucket, Git lab, CVS, Subversion, Clear case.
CI/CD/CM Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Puppet, Chef, Cruise Control, Ansible, SaltStack, CodeDeploy, CodeBuild, CodePipeline.
Build/Bug Tracking Tools: ANT, MAVEN, Gradle, Make file, Sonar, Build forge, Nexus, JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Remedy and IBM Clear Quest, Nagios, Ganglia.
Languages: Java/J2EE, Python
Database: Oracle, SQL SERVER, MySQL, DynamoDB, Mongo DB, Postgresql, JBOSS.
Virtualization: VMware ESX/ESXi, Fusion, Hypervisor, Docker, Vagrant, KVM.
Web/App server: TC server, Web logic, Web Sphere, Apache HTTP server, Nginx, Apache, Tomcat, JBOSS.
Scripting Tools: Shell, Batch, Python, Power shell.
Web Technologies: HTML, Java Script, XML, Servlets, JDBC, JSP.
Operating Systems: Windows, AIX, UNIX, LINUX and MAC.
Devops / AWS EngineerResponsibilities:
- Maintained and Developed a production-level cloud-based architecture in AWS, including creating machine images like AMI and helped migrating and managing multiple applications from on premise to cloud using AWS services like S3, Glacier, VPC, EC2, RDS, SQS, SNS, SES, IAM, EBS, ELB, SES, Security Group, Auto Scaling, ElasticCache, CloudFront, CloudWatch in Cloud Formation JSON templates.
- Used Identity and Access Management ( IAM ) to assign roles and to create and manage AWS users, groups and use permissions to AWS resources.
- Configured, supported and maintained all network, firewall , storage, load balancers, operating systems, and software in AWS EC2 and created detailed AWS Security groups which behaved as virtual firewalls that controlled the traffic allowed reaching one or more AWS EC2 instances.
- Used AWS Elastic Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, Python and Docker.
- Provided consistent environment using Kubernetes for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple namespace.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, and Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages .
- Created the automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Responsible for Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Delivery (CD) process implementation-using Jenkins along with Python and Shell scripts to automate routine jobs.
- Involved in authoring Terraform scripts to automate and deploy AWS cloud services.
- Installed, Configured and Administered Hudson 3.3.3 /Jenkins2.0 Continuous Integration Tools.
- Proposed, Implemented and maintained New Branching strategies for development teams to support trunk, development baseline codes along with several feature branches.
- Responsible for defining branching & merging strategy, checkin policies, improving code quality, automated Gated Checkins, defining backup and archival plans.
- Wrote Ansible Playbooks with Python SSH as the Wrapper to Manage Configurations of AWS Nodes and Test Playbooks on AWS instances using Python. Run Ansible Scripts to provision Dev servers.
- Used Maven 3.3.9 as build tool on Java projects for the development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Monitored the metrics such as response times and server resources such as Total Processor Time, Available Bytes and Process Bytes by using Performance Center Monitors, monitoring tool Dynamic and Dyna Trace.
- Actively monitored cloud best practices using Cloud Checkr .
- Developed Dev/Test/Prod environments of different applications on AWS by provisioning Kubernetes clusters on EC2 instances using Docker, Bash, Chef, and Terraform.
- Developed automation framework for Application Deployments to the cloud environments.
- Installed, Configured, Managed Monitoring Tools such as Splunk 6.6, Nagios 4.2.0 for Resource Monitoring/Network Monitoring/Log Trace Monitoring.
- Implemented AWS solutions using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, and Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2 instances.
- Written pre & post commit hook scripts to accommodate various development requests.
- Automated the cloud deployments using Jenkins, Ansible and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Deployed the Java applications into web application servers like Jboss10.1 .
- Organized and Coordinated Product Releases, work closely with product development, QA, Support across global locations to ensure successful releases.
- Worked on the installation and configuration of the monitoring tool Trend Micro Deep security .
- To achieve Continuous Delivery goal on high scalable environment, used Docker 1.12.1 coupled with load-balancing tool Nginx1.11.8 .
- Ability to build automated scripts and coordinate with the software development team Comprehensive knowledge of software development life cycle .
- Worked on Apache2.2.34 and Firewalls in both development and production.
- Deployed and configured Atlassian JIRA, both hosted and local instances for issue tracking.
- W orkflow collaboration and tool-chain automation.
Environment: Java, RHEL, Amazon Linux AMI, Jenkins, SOAP, SOA, Ansible, Hudson, Maven, Kubernetes, Nagios, SQL, AWS, Terraform, Python, Subversion, Docker, Bash, NT Command Shell, Dyna Trace, Java/J2EE, Git, JIRA, XML, Cloudcheckr.
AWS DevOps EngineerResponsibilities:
- Provided Configuration Management and Build support for more than 5 different applications, built and deployed to the production and lower environments.
- Defined and Implemented Configuration Management and Release Management Processes, Policies and Procedures.
- Created Development Environments in Amazon Web Services using services like VPC, ELB, EC2 and RDS instances.
- Setup and build AWS infrastructure various resources, VPC, EC2, S3, IAM, EBS, Security Group, Auto Scaling, and RDS in Cloud Formation JSON 10.0 templates.
- Production support of Apache and JBoss3.0 including installation, configuration, management and troubleshooting.
- Configured Chef Server Enterprise on premise /workstation /bootstrapped the nodes using knife and automated by testing Chef Recipes/Cookbooks with test-kitchen/chef spec.
- Created Chef cookbooks manifests and modules to automate system operations for managing complex infrastructure in a transparent way.
- Created Chef Repository and worked on developing cookbooks. Manage configuration of Web App and deploy AWS cloud server through Chef.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Roll out Chef to all servers used Chef Node database to drive host configuration, DNS zones, monitoring, backups and used Chef and other configuration tools to deploy consistent infrastructure code across multiple environments.
- Worked with Terraform key features such as Infrastructure as code, Execution plans, Resource Graphs, Change Automation.
- Installs, configures and supports Apache on Linux production servers and manages Patches configuration, version control, service pack and reviews connectivity issues regarding security problem, manages systems routine backup, scheduling jobs and enabling cron jobs.
- Worked on Nagios4.1.1 Monitoring tool, and configuration with Chef, AWS cloud management.
- Coordinate/assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labelling/naming conventions using Subversion source control.
- Managed a PaaS for deployments using Docker, Kubernetes which reduced considerably deployment risks.
- Integrated Ant 1.9.6 and maven 2.x with TFS source control to automatically trigger Builds and publish results back to TFS.
- Developed build and deployment script using ANT, Shell4.2.2 to Setup development and QA environments.
- Worked app dynamics, splunk, Service now, Dyna trace Tools to debug the issues.
- Troubleshoot the automation of installing and configuring Java applications in the testing and production environments.
- Used UDeploy as Continuous Deployment tool and to setup automated and scheduled deployments.
- Maintained build related scripts developed in ANT and Shell. Modified build configuration files including Ant build.xml.
- Created multi-level Makefile environment for product object creation.
- Deployed code on WebSphere8.5 application servers for Production, QA, and Development environments.
- Performance tuning of WebSphere application server including JVM7.0, Garbage Collection, JDBC along with its server logs.
- Involved in sprints and planned releases with the team using JIRA7.0 and Confluence.
- Used JIRA 7.0 tool to track all the defects and changes related to Build and Release Team.
Environment: Amazon Web Services, Terraform, Splunk, Dynatrace SDK, Chef, Cloud Formation, Vagrant, VPN, Scrum, Nagios, Subversion (SVN), ANT, UDeploy, DB2, JIRA, RESTful API, Confluence, Shell Scripts, WebSphere Server.
AWS DevOps EngineerResponsibilities:
- Technical leader to align processes and tools, such as branching, source control structure, dependency management, Linux\Windows hybrid build infrastructure, code review, and check-in policies, that are developed and instrumented by DevOps teams across projects globally.
- Implemented a Continuous Delivery pipeline with Docker, Jenkins and GitHub and AWS AMI's.
- Managing GIT for legacy products also automated the weekly deployments with Jenkins.
- Maintaining Git repos and Jenkins for builds.
- Converted our staging and Production environment from a handful AMI's to a single bare metal host running Docker.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers by using Puppet.
- Experienced with working on Puppet Master and Puppet Agents. Defined Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Deployed Puppet 2015.3.0, Puppet Dashboard, and Puppet DB for automated management of machine configurations.
- Expertise in using various Puppet features such as Resource management like Package, Service, File. User Management, Modules, Class, Definition, Templates, Factor and external commands.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet Master/Agent. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Using Puppet Enterprise to Manage Application configurations and utilizing BASH Scripts and Right scale to do initial server provisioning and puppet to deploy and update applications including Apache Tomcat and other proprietary applications.
- Hands on experience in Creating Dashboards in Splunk as administrator and other monitoring tools.
- Experienced in configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, and Maven.
- Optimized volumes and EC2 instances & Created multi AZ VPC instances.
- Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Configured S3 versioning and lifecycle policies to and backup files and archive files in Glacier.
- Configured S3 to host static web content.
- Deployed cloud stack using AWS OpWorks.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2 Autoscaling groups.
- Configured and monitored distributed and multi-platform servers using Nagios.
- Supported 2000+ AWS Cloud instance's and also familiar with Amazon Cloud command line management.
- Experience in developing ETL and Data Models using an ETL tool such as SAP Data Services, Informatica.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, Monitor system performance using Nagios and Tivoli.
- Encrypted EBS volumes via KMS service.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloud watch.
- Set up Elasticache using memcached.
- Migrated applications to the AWS cloud.
- Experience implementing Cloud based Data Warehousing solutions.
Environment: EC2, Elastic Load Balancer, Splunk, EBS, IAM, AWS OpWorks, VPC instances, Amazon CLI's, Puppet, Ansible, RunDeck, EBS, RDS, S3, VPC instances, Glacier, Nagios, Tivoli, Auto scaling, Cloud Watch.
Build and Release EngineerResponsibilities:
- R el ea se Eng i ne er f or a t ea m t hat i nv ol v ed di f f er e nt dev el opm ent t eam s and mu l ti pl e s i m ult an eous soft w ar e r e l ea ses.
- Redhat Linux server and VM build.
- Automate infrastructure using puppet to manage and deploy private cloud instances.
- Setup and Install Puppet workstation, Puppet Server and bootstrapping the Puppet Clients.
- Experience working with AWS Cloud computing and involved in creating AWS instances and deployed Linux and Ubuntu on AWS environment and Expertise in migrating applications onto AWS.
- AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Autoscalling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3.
- Setup the lifecycle policy jobs to archive the Amazon S3 content to Glacier.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment, Service, Incident and Change Management).
- Amazon AWS -EC2 VPC and Virtualization, VMWare server Infrastructure build design solutions.
- Resource management like installing packages, manage services needed to run, user management, cron job setup etc.
- Deploy Apache/Tomcat applications using puppet.
- Manage Puppet server in pushing the configure changes to client nodes, monitoring the logs and security.
- Work with Rackspace Cloud computing systems.
- Redhat Kernel OS Patching.
- Redhat kernel upgrades storage provisioning/config and fix the boot issues using rescue mode.
- Add/Remove VMware disks using the VMware datastores; scan/provision them to Redhat Servers.
- Use Veritas CLI operations in creating Disk Groups, Volumes, Plex and Subdisks.
Environment: Java/J2EE, Eclipse, RAID, Toad, Git. Spring, jQuery, Tomcat, Apache, Oracle 11g, SSRS, SSIS, Jenkins, Python, Ruby Chef, JIRA, Maven, Artifactory, Git, Ubuntu, CentOS, Linux, Openstack, AWS ELB, AWS SQS, AWS S3, AWS Cloud Formation Templates, AWS RDS, AWS Cloud Watch, Ruby.
Unix/Linux System AdministratorResponsibilities:
- Set up and configuring of Linux (RedHat& SUSE) and Solaris servers/workstations for clients.
- Configuring the NFS servers, setting up servers in network environment and configuring FTP/NTP/NIS servers, clients for various departments and clients.
- Experience working with high availability, high performance, multi-data center systems and hybrid cloud environments.
- Handling the scheduling tasks (cron jobs and task scheduler) for the scripts for various purposes.
- Troubleshoot complex issues ranging from system resources to application stack traces.
- Daily execution of build ops in an automated and continuous process.
- Involved in support databases and performed MS SQL upgrades running on Windows servers.
- Compiling code to move into test environments via automated processes.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Linux (RedHat/SUSE, Centos).
- Troubleshoot build and deploy failures, and facilitate resolution.
- Configuring network services such as DNS/NFS/NIS/NTP for UNIX/Linux Servers.
- Improve speed, efficiency and scalability of the continuous integration environment.
- Logged all events to log files.
- Knowledge of web servers, security, DNS, filesystems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written skills, along with outstanding customer service skills.
- Create, deploy, and manage virtual hosts using Vmware.
- Troubleshoot performance issues within the application, web and database tiers.
- Extensive knowledge of Linux/Windows based systems including hardware, software and applications.
- Creating a change requests, work orders and problem tickets using BMC Remedy tool and getting approvals from higher officials.
- Experience in development with Perl, Python, PowerShell or other scripting languages.
- On-call support for 24/7 for troubleshooting production issues.
- Project Management for various UNIX/Linux/Windows system integration projects.
Environment: RHEL, Solaris, AIX and Windows, ShelliPlanet4.1, Python, BMC Remedy, SunOne 6.1, IIS 6.0, Windows 2008, Linux, Shell Scripting, Oracle 9i.
- Analyzed the business requirements and developed use cases.
- Developed the class diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Designed database table structure, and constraints.
- Development of basic testing codes for video transmission handling of NAU devices using Java and Spring Framework.
- Handling customer's onsite issues. Maintaining test results in SQL Database.
- Established user authentication functionality and User Session using JSP/Struts technology.
- Involved in the JUnit testing and moving the system into production.
- Prepared script and build files to automate the processes.
- Interacted closely with the end users, audit and the technical team to meet the requirements.
- Lead the team in gathering the requirements for other software's like payable at par and check protect system.
- Implemented Stateless and Statefull Session beans to capture user data and to achieve scalability, memory management.
Environment: Java, Spring Framework, Hibernate, EJB, WebLogic, MySQL.