15 years Technical and Customer Service based experience focusing on Programming, Networking, Software/Hardware Configuration and Troubleshooting.
Platforms: Windows all versions, Windows server all versions, UNIX (Linux, FreeBSD, SCO, AIX), Novell Netware 4.1, VAX.
Networking: Windows 95- 10, NT, UNIX/Linux, Novell, Cisco IOS, Cisco routers/switches, Extreme networks switches, Sonicwall, 3com 4100 switches, Cisco ISDN routers, Serial and terminal network devices.
Protocols: SMB, SSH, TCP/IP, DNS, Telnet, FTP, raw sockets, HTTP, RIP and other various routing protocols.
Applications/Servers: Peachtree, Sage, cPanel, Prelude, VIA e-commerce, SAMBA, Apache, mySQL, SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, emacs, CVS, MS Office Suite(Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, Publisher), Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe PageMaker, Paint Shop Pro, MS FrontPage, HomeSite.
I.T. Manager / Python / PLC programmer/ SCADA technician
- Manage IT department.
- Maintenance and development of I.T. infrastructure LAN/WAN and servers. Consult in I.T. for job proposals and bids, programming and maintenance of Django web framework and website.
- Primarily responsible for updating and maintaining SCADA systems for clients. Including customer support.
- PLC programming for automation panels which are installed in field on customer sites.
IT consultant / Student / Entrepreneur
- Various consulting work, Confidential music and entrepreneur.
- Consulting with various clients throughout town, mostly attorney s.
Help Desk Work Study
- Answer Confidential ITS related phone calls and support students, faculty and guest users.
Project Manager and Programmer
- Design and implement web based and program based registration pages.
- Implement turn-key embedded registration programs.
- Plan out and estimate time and resources required for each project, manage contacts and service customers needs as needed.
Network Administration and Help Desk
- Maintenance of various servers (mostly Unix/Novell).
- Resolve computer related issues on an as-needed basis.
- Run and report on critical nightly reports.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Prelude system
- Set up VIA proprietary E-Commerce service.
- Maintain and troubleshoot WAN/LAN (all 4 locations).
- Internal Help Desk support.
- Maintain office hardware (Computers, Copiers and Fax machines)
Confidential, Albuquerque NM
- Provide pre-sales IT consultation.
- Field IT support and copier repair.
- Support and maintain Confidential ’s WAN/LAN. (Includes Albuquerque and Santa Fe offices)
Confidential, Santa Fe, NM
- Provide on site support/troubleshooting (off site only when necessary) for clients.
- Provide phone support.
- Track hours spent at clients/traveling/in office.
- Track mileage.
- Document troubleshooting steps.
- Resell hardware.
- Emergency pager duty about once a month.
Confidential, Santa Fe, NM
- Responsibilities were focused on HTML coding and search engine placement.
- Quickly given more responsibility as a Junior Systems Administrator and began programming in C/C++ and Python as well as LAN/WAN administrative duties on a Linux/Windows2000 network.
- As the company grew I became the Senior HTML Coder, responsible for training and supervision of a department of four.
- I also expanded my programming knowledge to JAVA and programmed several applications.
- I was then moved to a Systems Operator position and participated in the companies “Seeker” project as well as other Network Administrative duties.
- The “Seeker” project created a Distributed Processing Platform written in JAVA.
- The project life cycle spanned two years and I had heavy involvement creating pattern-matching parsers utilizing PERL 5 Regular Expressions/ ORO Matcher.
- JAVA programming JAVA 1.x, JAVA 2, using the IBM SDK and the Sun SDK.
- Integrated PERL 5 Regular Expression pattern matching into “Seeker” project .
- Python2.x and C/C++ custom programs and applications.
- Provide quality assurance for coding team members.
- Install and maintain client-side CVS.
- Troubleshoot / maintain / update UNIX DNS and Apache configuration of 300+ domains across 4 UNIX/Linux/FreeBSD web servers.
- Install, Maintain & troubleshoot 10/100BaseT Ethernet UNIX / Linux / NT / WIN98 -2000 Lan/Wan and Workstations (Including software and hardware conflict resolution).
- Assist administration and installation of MS Exchange 5-2000 server.
- HTML/Java script/DHTML Code corporate web sites including optimizing pages for search engine placement.
- Implement and maintain ‘IP Delivery’ technology for search engine placement.
- Research and make recommendations on new technological solutions (software hardware, networking).
- Research, report and recommend best COA (Course of Action) for new search engine technologies and developments.