- 7+ years of professional experience with 5+Years of extensive work experience on Build Engineering & Release Management process, including end - to-end code configuration, building binaries& deployments of artifacts for entire life cycle model in Enterprise Applications.
- Over 2 Years of experience in Preparation and execution of Automation Test Scripts and Test Suites with Selenium Grid.
- Experienced in working on DevOps/Agile operations process and tools area (Code review, unit test automation, Build & Release automation, Environment.
- Experience with Service, Incident and Change Management Using ServiceNow platform.
- Strong experience in working with Ansible, Docker containers.
- Experience in working with Docker, Open stack And Experience with AWS Cloud environment setup (EC2, S3, VPC, Glaciers), creation of cloud formation templates, bootstrapping with Chef.
- Strong experience with version control tools like SVN, Gitlab, GitHub, Bit Bucket IBM Clear case (UCM) and Perforce and Gerrit for code review.
- Auto spawning of servers on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform using chef configuration management tools.
- Experienced in trouble shooting, Configuring and Deploying Enterprise Applications in WebSphere, WebLogic, and JBOSS/Tomcat, IIS, HIS.
- Experience in administering Linux. Experience in Installation, Configuration, Backup, Recovery, Skilled at Software Development Life Cycles and Agile Programming Methodologies.
- Experience in software build tools like Apache Maven, Apache Ant to write Pom.xml and Build.xml respectively and Experience in administering and configuring Nexus Repository Manager for Maven builds.
- Expertise in building and monitoring software projects continuously with a CI tool, Bamboo, Hudson, Cruise Control, Build Forge, Visual Build Professional.
- Managed environments DEV, SIT, QA, UAT and PROD for various releases and designed instance strategies.
- Experience in working on IIS, Apache, IBM HTTP, JBoss and I Planet web servers.
- Hands on Administration experience with WebSphere & WebLogic Application Servers.
- Experience in automating wide variety of J2EE Applications including .NET applications.
- Experience in integrating Unit Tests and Code Quality Analysis Tools like JUnit, Cobertura, PMD, Find bugs and Check style.
- Experience with VMware Administration.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and DB2by using SQL for data integrity and Experience in Writing the Make files for C based builds.
- Hands-on Experience of the J2EE Framework and its components as related to Java build, test, deployment and release management initiatives.
- Closely worked with Developers and Analysts to address project requirements. Able to effectively manage time and prioritize multiple projects.
- Experience in monitoring, debugging, profiling and memory analysis in Java applications and environments, Good experience in writing UNIX scripts, Perl script, Shell Script, Python Scripts Maven and Ant.
- Plan, deploy, monitor, and maintain Amazon AWS cloud infrastructure consisting of multiple EC2 nodes and VMware VM's as required in the environment.
- Hands on Experience in AWS Cloud in various AWS Services such as Redshift Cluster, Route 53 Domain configuration.
- Extensive experience on Build Automation and Continuous Integration concepts by using tools like Jenkins, Hudson. Extensive experience using MAVEN and ANT as build tools for the building of deployable artifacts (jar, war & ear) from source code
- Experienced in trouble shooting, configuring and deploying enterprise applications in WebSphere, WebLogic and Tomcat, JBoss as well.
- Knowledge of Agile Project Management methodology and tools like JIRA.
Programming languages: C, C++, C#, Perl Scripting, Shell Scripting, Python, Sql, java/J2ee
Operating Systems: Windows sun Solaris 2.x, Confidential -unix, RHEL
Testing Tools/Languages: Selenium Webdriver2.27.2, Para soft SOATest 9.2, 9.5, 9.8, AppPerfect, SOAP UI 5, Rally, Jenkins, Eclipse, SVN, VSS, Testing, JUnit, Jira, REST Client, C, C++, SQL, VB Script, PL/SQL, Core Java, QTP/UFT 9.2,10.0, 11.0, 11.5, Angiular2
CI TOOLS: HUDSON, JENKINS, BUILD FORGE, BAMBOO
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Make, CHEF, PUPPET,ANSIBLE
WEBSERVERS: WEBLOGIC, WEBSPHERE,APACHE TOMCAT, JBOSS
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, Toad Data Modeler
Version control Systems: SVN, IBM Rational Clear Case, Perforce, GIT, CVS and TFS Bit bucket, GitHub, Gitlab
Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, Clear Quest, Bugzilla
Project Documentation: MS Office 2010, MS SharePoint 2010 - Site Administration, CSS, iTrack, SVN
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP/2007, MAC OS-X
Repositories: Nexus, Artifactory
Test Methodologies: Agile (Scrum, Kanban), V-Model, Waterfall
Confidential - Austin, Texas
Sr DevOps Engineer
- DevOps Engineer for a team that involved 5 different developments teams and multiple simultaneous software releases.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using ANT and MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Developed and Implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the Agile Process.
- Used Shell and Perl scripting to deploy artifacts that are built by Maven.
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Created Subversion repositories and structure.
- Managed branches and branching strategies in subversion.
- Managed Dependencies using maven.
- Developed Playbooks using Ansible. Automated agent's installation of Nagios on Windows servers and Linux servers.
- Created and Implemented ANT and Maven build scripts for the JAVA applications and NANT and MS Build for .Net actively worked with application teams to understand current Deploy process.
- Documented the whole Build Process going and made them available for all the other team members by uploading them onto the Intranet.
- Used Jenkins for implementing automated CI/CD for daily deployments and for creating the end to end builds and deployment process.
- Used Jenkins for Different types of Jobs created for Multiple Projects worked using Build Pipelines and Deploy into various environments using the Maven and other Tools.
- Worked extensively on Ansible Playbooks and Scripting.
- Created Ansible playbooks for different environments for release and converted Puppet scripts into the Ansible Playbooks.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments. Planning, scheduling and documenting releases at code Freeze Periods.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, ANT, Maven, Nexus, Ansible and Run deck.
- Created a fully automated build and Deployment Platform and coordinating code builds promotions and orchestrated deployments using Jenkins/Hudson, and Sub Version.
- Worked closely with Project Managers to understand a code/configuration release scope and how to confirm a release was successful.
- Perform Deployment of Release to various QA & UAT in Linux environments.
- Worked with different team members for automation of Release components.
- Supported different projects build and release SCM effort e.g. branching, tagging, merge etc.
- Used JIRA to track issues and Change Management.
Environment: AWS, SUBVERSION (SVN), JENKINS, ANSIBLE, PUPPET, JAVA/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, TC SERVER, TOMCAT, WSO2 (DSS, ESB AND API MANAGER), SHELL SCRIPTS, XML, DATA CENTER, UNIX, WINDOWS 7, ORACLE, SERVICE NOW, NEXUS REPOSITORY AND GERRIT.
Confidential Austin, Texas
- Created automated build and deployment process for application, re-engineering setup for better user experience, and leading up to building a continuous integration system for all our products.
- Implemented new projects builds framework using Maven & ANT in Bamboo as build framework tools and Responsible for Environment co-coordinator and Release co-coordinator.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules and design of different Release Environments for new projects.
- Worked as an administrator for ALM tools on JIRA, Jama, Bamboo, Confluence, Fisheye, SVN, Bit bucket Remedy force.
- Mentor Business Areas on Subversion Branching, Merging strategies concepts and Worked on setting up Environment's for each Release Project Timelines.
- Solved Environmental issues, production support on call 24/7.
- Worked on different application servers Apache Tomcat, WebSphere, J Boss, Web logic.
- Involved partially in deploying WARs/EARs (backend) through Tomcat Application Server console.
- Wrote Shell scripts, Python and Ruby scripts to automate the deployments.
- Great understanding on Ant and Maven with respect to their Tags, Tasks and Targets dependencies and co-ordinates to write pom.xml and build.xml.
- JIRA is used as ticket tracking, change management and Agile/SCRUM tool.
- Involved in setting up Jira as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customization and plug-ins for the Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Experience in co-coordinating and leading the Team for each Releases.
Environment: BAMBOO, JIRA, JAMA, CONFLUENCE, SUB VERSION, FISHEYE, BMC REMEDY, PUTTY, ANT, MAVEN, GIT, FILEZILLA, APACHE TOMCAT, WEBSPHERE, ENVIRONMENT CO-COORDINATOR, RELEASE CO-COORDINATOR.
Confidential - Austin, Texas
- Participated in the release cycle of the product, which involves environments like Development, test, Preproduction and Production.
- Developed Cloud Formation scripts to automate EC2 instances creation for multiple applications and Created Cloud Formation templates and deployed AWS resources using it.
- Created S3 buckets and managing policies for S3 buckets and Utilized S3 bucket and Glacier for storage and backup on AWS.
- Created Cloud Watch alerts for instances and using them in Auto-scaling launch configurations.
- Created an AWS RDS MySQL DB cluster and connected to the database through an Amazon RDS MySQL DB Instance using the Amazon RDS Console.
- Bootstrapping instances using Chef and integrating with auto scaling.
- Managed the configurations of multiple servers using Chef.
- Managed application server domain configuration files for 60+ applications using Chef.
- Used Subversion for Software Configuration management and maintaining the versions.
- Performed biweekly build cycle and testing processes.
- Used Maven Scripts to automate the build process.
- Installed Nexus and used it as Private Repository Manager with in the company.
- Worked with Ansible on various deployment configurations.
- Created and setup the entire Chef Infrastructure.
- Created Wrappers on top of Chef Knife tools as per requirements.
- Customized various community cookbooks (Setting up WebLogic infrastructure, Installation of AppDynamics monitoring tool).
- Installed and Configured Jenkins for CI/Automation tool.
- Responsible for User Management, Plugin Management and END-END automation of Build and Deploy using Jenkins.
- Developed Shell and Perl Scripts for manual deployment of the code to the different environments and E-mail the team when the build is completed.
- Managed and performed the environment related configuration changes as a part of deployment.
- Coordinated Release effort amongst various teams (Dev, QA, DBA and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Attended the Minor/Major Event change control meetings to get necessary approvals for the deployment request.
- Developed and maintained integration and release processes.
- Maintained and coordinated environment configuration, controls, code integrity, and code conflict resolution.
- Analyzed and Converted ANT scripts to MAVEN to standardize the procedures.
- Integrated builds with Code Quality Tools like Cobertura, PMD and Find bugs.
- Associated in implementing SonarQube code quality analysis tool for the code.
- Created, Configured and administered Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat Application Server.
- Supported and developed tools for integration, automated testing and release management.
- Used Perl/Shell to automate build and deployment Process.
- Coordinated with developers, Business Analyst and Mangers to make sure that code is deployed in the Production environment.
- Executed the DB Scripts (DML), which has dependencies on the code on Oracle DB.
- Documented the deployment process (Migration Doc) of code to production.
- Used Remedy as deployment issue tracking tool.
Environment: AWS, SUBVERSION (SVN), JENKINS, JAVA/J2EE, ANT, MAVEN, CUCUMBER, GHERKIN, CASSANDRA, TC SERVER, TOMCAT, PERL SCRIPTS, SHELL SCRIPTS, XML, DATA CENTER, UNIX, WINDOWS 7, ORACLE, SERVICENOW.
Build and Release Engineer
- Primary duties include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Involved in Installing Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Built and Deployed java source code into application servers in an agile continuous integration environment.
- Generated Ant, Perl &UNIX scripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Worked on the transition project, which involves migration activities from Ant to Maven in order to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Coordinated application release with Development, DBA, QA and project management teams.
- Jenkins is used as a continuous integration tool for build and deployment of JAVA code.
- Automated the deployment and server bounce for JBoss Applications.
- Build artifacts (war and ear) are deployed into a JBoss app server using Shell Scripts.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for build purpose and installed on different environments.
- Used SVN for branching, tagging, and merging.
- Wrote implementation plans for installing software components on build agents, and working with application services team to execute the install.
- Support QA regression deployments, monthly and weekly releases of applications.
- Worked with Maven build process and repository manager Nexus.
- Worked with Windows batch scripting, LINUX Shell scripting, Perl and Maven Pom Scripting.
- Integrating the code quality analysis tools like Cobertura, Find Bugs, JUnit, PMD, and Check style into the projects.
- Worked with JIRA for Issue Tracking and monitoring.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Presented reports to the Project manager about the progress and issues tracking key project Milestones, plans and resources.
- Deployed using Admin console into JBoss Application Servers.
- Involved in troubleshooting of user interface using JSP.
- Pushed releases to QA, Beta, and production environments.
- Worked closely with the team to review code for compatibility issues, resolve issues as they arise, and implement deployment processes and improvements on a continuous basis.
Environment: GIT, SUBVERSION, APACHE TOMCAT, BAMBOO, JENKINS, MAVEN, CONFLUENCE, ARTIFACTORY, RALLY, JIRA, PUPPET, CENTOS, PYTHON, YUM, IOS, XCODE, SHELL SCRIPTS.
- Working as a Quality Assurance Analyst in the testing team for Preparation and execution of Automation Test Scripts and Test Suites with Selenium Grid/Web Driver using Test NG, Maven and Java.
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, built the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Performed testing in GRID backend on a large enterprise-level application built on Service Oriented Architecture (SOA).
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services, REST API and developed test scripts using Core java and Test NG test Cases using Eclipse IDE.
- Proficient at creating and executing SQL Queries involving multiple tables using join statements and validated it against Web-UI.
- Involved in Interface Testing (API testing) and ensured data and control are working properly between middleware and backend systems using complex Application Programming Interface (API).
- Provided the Testing Effort estimates and timely feedback on progress of the testing activity. Used Visual Studio to reproduce the bugs by running the failed unit test cases.
- Checking compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Performed Back-end Testing using SQL Queries to validate data for databases.
- Engaged in GUI, Functional, Interface, Regression, Integration and User Acceptance Testing by using TFS tool.
- Performed unit testing using SWIFT.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole.
- Coordinating with onshore team, attending calls with component teams to acquire functional knowledge.
- Logged Defects in Confidential ALM with priorities and co-ordinate with Development team for bug fixing. Logged the errors, reported defects, determined repair priorities and tracked the defects until resolution using PVCS tracker, QC and Rally.
- Altered, debugged tests and responsible for sending DSR (Daily Status Report) for onshore and offshore managers.
- Created public reports using Dashboard, Excel Reports and Document Generator in Quality.
- Center to help the QA Manager and Project Manager in reporting Project status reports.