- DevOps experience with PUPPET, CHEF, AWS and OpenStack.
- Developed Chef Cookbooks and Recipes to manage systems configuration.
- Experience in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments working on Software Configuration Management (SCM) tools like Subversion (SVN) and GIT.
- Experience in cloud stack such as AWS (cloud formation) and VMWARE stack.
- Ability to build deployment, build scripts and automated solutions using scripting languages such as Shell scripting, Python, Ruby, PHP PERL.
- Experience in Administration for various environments in software development life cycle (SDLC) Windows, Ubuntu, and involved in developing manifests.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins by installing, configuring and maintaining for continuous integration (CI) and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Extensive experience with software Build automation and standardization tools like ANT, Maven.
- Good knowledge in CI (Continuous Integration) and CD (Continuous Deployment) methodologies.
- Strong ability to troubleshoot any issues generated while building, deploying and in production support.
- Extensive knowledge on resolving issues during migrations to AWS Cloud.
- Detailed technical knowledge and hands - on experience of AWS, DevOps, Automation and Configuration Management.
- Extensive knowledge on Red Hat Enterprise Linux and CentOS.
- Strong technical background in UNIX and Linux systems and networking technologies including VPN, IPSec, DNS, TCP/IP, SSL, DHCP and Load Balancing.
- Established Chef best practices approaches to systems deployment with tools like Vagrant and test-kitchen and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled
- VMware Infrastructure Installation & Configuration. ESX3.x/ ESXi 4.x/ ESXi 5.x VMware Virtual Center and VMware VSphere).
- Migrate Physical Servers to Virtual Server using VMware Converter (P2V Converter).
- Experience in supporting Red Hat Satellite Server, RHN.
- Troubleshooting issues on Application Servers on Linux, Aix Servers.
- Hands-on experience in configuring SSH and FTP server/client systems to transfer files.
- Expertise in Installing and Managing LDAP, NIS, NFS, DHCP and DNS.
- Experience in UNIX with Korn, Bourne shell scripts, Ability to work in team oriented and problem solving environment.
- Experience with cyber security, server hardening and DMZ deployment
- Good Communication skills, ability to working in Team Environment.
- Solution implementation and troubleshooting all network related issues.
DEVOPS (LINUX) ENGINEER
Confidential, THOUSAND OAKS, CA
- Installed Jenkins/Plugins for GIT Repository, Setup SCM Polling for Immediate Build with Maven and Maven Repository (Nexus Artifactory) and Deployed Apps using custom ruby modules through Puppet.
- Installed/Configured/Managed Puppet master. Wrote custom Modules and Manifests, downloaded pre-written modules from puppet-forge. Upgradation or Migration of Puppet Community and Enterprise.
- Conduct network vulnerability assessments using tools to evaluate attack vectors, identify system vulnerabilities and develop remediation plans and security procedures.
- Experienced in successful lift and shift of existing on-premises application on AWS.
- Experienced in designing AWS cloud models for Infrastructure-as-a-Service, Platform-as-a-Service, and Software-as-a-Service
- Developed background process infrastructure on top of Windows Azure Queues.
- Hands on experienced with Symfony, SASS, Gulp, JIRA, NPM, Terraform and source control management tools like Git, SVN and TFS.
- Knowledge of Logging and APM tools AppDynamics, Zabbix, Splunk, ELK and Grafana.
- Developed and supported the Red Hat Enterprise Linux Debian based infrastructure in the cloud environment.
- Developed Python, Shell Scripts, Bamboo, Octopus, and PowerShell for automation purpose.
- Designed and managed build and release methodologies using TFS for .NET Applications
- Firm grasp of managing various filesystem using Logical Volume Manager (LVM), Veritas Volume Manager (VxVM), Veritas File System (VFS) and Solaris Volume Manager (SVM).
- Backup database administrator and network engineer.
- Proficient in installation and configuration of various Packages and Patches in Linux Debian utilizing Red Hat Satellite Server.
- Experienced in Amazon EC2 setting up instances, virtual private cloud (VPCs), and security groups.
- Strong knowledge on enterprise storage systems EMC XtremeIO, VMAX and VNX.
- Implemented multi-tier application provisioning in Amazon cloud Services, integrating it with Puppet.
- Created scripts in Python which integrated with Amazon API to control instance operations.
- Exposed to all aspects of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) such as Analysis, Planning, Developing, Testing and implementing and Post-production analysis of the projects with Agile Scrum, Waterfall and V model
- Installed and configured SysDig, Data Dog, AppDynamics, New Relic, Nagios, Zabbix monitoring tool, while using it for monitoring network services and host resources.
- Implemented automated local user provisioning in instances created in Amazon cloud Services.
- Used Puppet to manage Web Applications, Config files, Database, Commands, Users Mount Points, and Packages.
- Installed and configured Nagios monitoring tool, while using it for monitoring network services and host resources.
- Releasing code to testing regions or staging areas according to the schedule published.
Linux / UNIX Systems Administrator
Confidential, SEATTLE, WA
- RHEL 4-6 server builds using Kickstart on standalone and VMware environment.
- Worked with MPxIO, EMC PowerPath configuration for SAN redundancy.
- Created and maintained large file systems with DMX storage devices using VxVM, ZFS, SVM on Sun M5000, M4000, M3000, T2000, T5120, T5240, V490 Production Boxes.
Implemented Oracle 11g RAC on Sun Solaris Cluster integrated with EMC.
- Managed disks using Solaris Volume Manager/Veritas Volume manager and performed various other System Administrative tasks as mirroring the Root Disk using Solstice Disk Suite for redundancy of the Operating System. Executed ACT (Crashdump Tool) against a core dump or live system.
- Patched servers, firmware updates, breaking and re-establishing root mirrors
- Worked with backup (TSM, Veritas Netbackup), monitoring (Tivloi, Nagios), network and storage teams to build out servers in a given project
- Involved in Virtualization project which included designing, implementing and troubleshooting more than 300 VMware ESX (3.5 update 4) servers, and Oracle Virtual Machines (OVMs).
- System Backup and Recovery from tapes using ufsdump, ufsrestore, tar and cpio, File system administrations
- Configured Zones and LDOMs and containers for Solaris 10 & 11.
- Designed, implemented & maintained multi node Veritas Cluster.
- Prepared server availability report for the management.
- Planned & Implemented Patch and Packages installations, quarterly patching of servers.
- Upgraded Solaris OS (Live upgrade from Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 & 11).
- Implemented Root Mirroring for systems using VxVm (Veritas Volume Manager) and Solstice Disk Suite.
- Upgraded Veritas Volume Manager from 3.x to 5.x
- Supported databases like Oracle & Web servers like Apache, Tomcat & other proprietary applications.
- Installed Configured and Managed NIS, NFS, DNS and Send Mail. Configured DHCP Red Hat Linux, server and SUSE.
- Production support for mission critical servers in PSoft, Oracle, Web environments and using Change Control Board (CCB) mechanism under ITIL umbrella.
- Performance troubleshooting on day to day basis
- Implementation of PCI security standards for SAS70 and internal IT audits across UNIX shop comprising of AIX (5.3, 6.1), Solaris (9, 10 and 11) and RHEL (4, 5).
- Used Clearcase to support Software Configuration Management.
- Automation of jobs using Perl and Shell scripting.
- Built a Linux kickstart server on x86 machines, deployment of HP Blade server running RHEL 5 using VMware. Built M3K, M4K and M5K Servers for replacing old Sun Fire V480 and V490 Servers.
- Provided Server hardware and Application support
- Supported around 50 Linux and Solaris servers running Solaris 8/9/10/11 and Redhat Linux ES 4/5/6.
- Worked on shell scripting to automate the tasks
- Worked with software engineers, Oracle DBA's and customer service personnel to resolve issues and keep our environments operating smoothly.
- Maintained and Supervised Datacenter and Disaster recovery centers.
- Linux deployment, administration, performance tuning, monitoring and application management.
- Provide 24x7 production environment monitoring and support and performed vendor co-ordination.
- Managed Users on Unix/Linux and Windows systems.
- Administer System logs, Security logs.
- Update software packages and apply security patches.
- Performed hardware maintenance, upgrades and troubleshooting on workstations and servers.
- Helped troubleshoot engineers with Non-linear FEA startup files and database files.
- Write documentation for internal use about System changes, Systems Administration etc.