- Senior Developer with more than 8+ years of progressive accomplishments in user interface design and development, product design, workflow analysis, requirements and task analysis, and usability testing. Current focus on the front - end, though I have full-stack experience as well.
- Extensive IT experience in business, industrial and educational environments, including over 5+ years experience with Ruby on Rails and related web technologies.
- Analyzed, designed, developed and implemented various applications utilizing Ruby on Rails.
- Strong knowledge in Bootstrap.JS and Responsive Web design.
- Contributed to all levels of the user experience and in all phases of the product development lifecycle, from defining a product’s overall architecture and structure, to iterating, specifying, and polishing the interaction details for specific features.
- Proficient in developing web pages with HTML5/CSS3 from PSD template.
- Experience in developing various UI widgets using jQuery, worked with jQuery library.
- Involved in designing UI patterns and developing applications with the help of Eclipse, Sublime text, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Dreamweaver.
- Expertise in designing, developing and deploying applications using J2EE technologies including Spring, Hibernate, Servlets, JSP, EJB, JSTL, Struts, JSF, JMS, AJAX, JDBC, JNDI, Java Beans and Web Services.
- Excellent with EJB, XML, XSL, XSLT, DTD and DOM.
- Specialized in RDBMS design using normalization techniques and expertise in using SQL and PL/SQL to write Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages and Triggers.
- Experience in Big Data space like Hadoop and NoSQL.
- Experience in various software developments IDE's like Eclipse, My Eclipse.
- Excellent Leadership, Technical, Communication, Analytical and Problem Solving skills and ability to get on well with people including cross-cultural backgrounds.
Tools: Angular.JS, Ext.JS, Ruby on Rails, Node.JS, Backbone.JS, Bootstrap.JS, jQuery, Dojo, React.JS, Spring, Hibernate, Servlets, JSP, EJB
Markup languages: HTML5, CSS3, XHTML and XML
Web Services: RESTful and SOAP
Datainterchange format: JSON, XML
Change Management tools: SVN, GIT
Database: Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server
App/Web Servers: IIS and Apache
Methodologies: Agile/XP (Extreme Programming) and SCRUM
SR. ROR DEVELOPER
Confidential, Bethesda, Maryland
- Wrote various interfaces to the management system in Ruby on Rails and developed back end applications using Ruby on Rails with NoSQL as database.
- Used Filters, Rails finder methods and wrote model scopes in the application.
- Worked with different gems involved in the development of an application such as Bundler, Rails.
- Database modeling and design and involved in developing and implementation of the web application using Ruby on Rails.
- Focus on Ruby development, both inside of a traditional Rails application, and as part of a report generating application.
- Developed using Puppet, Mcollective, Ruby On Rails.
- Created and maintaining MYSQL databases for this application.
- Used Shell coding under Linux to call Java program.
- Created and configured the continuous delivery pipelines for deploying microservices and lambda functions using Jenkins CI server.
- Client GUI pages were designed using CSS, HTML, and JQueryUI.
- Configured Hibernate, Spring and MyFaces (JSF) to map the business objects to MySQL Database using XML configuration file.
- Connected with Flex swf files from spring controller using http service with xml or JSON.
- Created directory structure flow using UNIX to receive and send data to internal and external systems
- Used jQueryUI plugins for Drag-and-Drop, Widgets, Menus, User Interface and Forms.
- Built REST web service by building Node.js Server in the back-end to handle requests sent from the front-end JQuery Ajax calls.
- Re-architected, and enhanced an existing Angular.JS application to follow strict MVVM/MVC patterns for improved source code maintenance, 40% code reduction, ease of upgrade, scalability, ease of developer spin up, enhanced performance and offline with client caching.
- Managed Oracle & MySQL databases and performance tuning, backup and recovery, disaster recovery plans and capacity planning.
- Experience with Continuous Integration using products like Jenkins.
- Built server automation with Continuous Integration - Continuous Deployment tools like Jenkins for deployment and build management system.
- Involved in the creation of interface to manage user menu and Bulk update of Attributes using React.JS.
- Used React.JS for creating reusable UI components.
- Used Bootstrap and Angular UI Bootstrap for creating rich, Responsive UI Screens for varying screen sizes and devices.
- Used various application of RDBMS through Database Design, writing queries and stored procedures using databases like Oracle, MySQL and SQL Server.
- Developing in Rails, AngularJS hosting on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and managing code in Git.
- Wrote various interfaces to the management system in Ruby on Rails and developed back end applications using Ruby on Rails.
- Created Ruby on Rails API for Angular front end app.
- Developed SQL and PL/ SQL scripts for transfer of data between databases. Developed complex SQL queries for reports.
- Expertise in applying Java Messaging Service (JMS) for reliable information exchange across Java applications.
- Generate Excel Reports in Java using Open Source solutions like JXLS and JExcel and docx4j API.
- Implementation of the Email module, which included setting up JMS message queue, designing and developing email client which sent Java messages to the message queue.Implemented various integrations with Oracle Commerce product.
- Creation of REST Web Services framework for the management of data using Apache CXF.
- Involved in the creation of interface to manage user menu and Bulk update of Attributes using Node.JS.
- Wrote test cases using jasmine.
- Created distributed Oracle coherence domains, configuration and system design based on oracle coherence.
- Developed XSD for validation of XML request coming in from Web Service.
- Performed J2EE application deployment using JBoss application server on Windows and Linux.
- Created Node.JS middleware application server to encapsulate modern JS widget framework.
- Developed internal application using Angular.JS and Node.JS connecting to Oracle on the backend.
SR. ROR DEVELOPER
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Used jQueryUI to traverse through a DOM tree and manipulated the nodes in the tree.
- Used JQuery and JQueryUI widgets. Used Theme roller to customize and patent client specific theme designs.
- Used Jenkins for continuous Integration and Maven to Build.
- Responsible for the review, testing & evaluation of operating system updates & application software on Linux servers.
- Coded model level validation using Ruby programming with emphasis in web security.
- Used Rails and JQuery to design the front end of the application. Back end of the application is develop mainly using Active Records.
- Developed Model View Controller (MVC) architecture based Web Applications in Ruby on Rails, Backbone.js and Code Igniter.
- Managed large sets of data using Oracle and MySQL databases.
- Used Jenkins for continuous Integration and Maven to Build.
- Utilized tools such as Bamboo for Continuous Integration and build automation and Crucible and Fisheye for Code review.
- Implemented and enhanced CRUD operations for the applications using the MVC (Model View Controller) architecture of Rails framework and Ruby conducting code reviews.
- Generated Java classes from the respective APIs so that they can be incorporated in the overall application.
- Designed UI for the application’s structure, navigation, appearance, interaction conventions, and business features. Created diagrams, wireframes, and HTML/CSS prototypes. Wrote use cases, UI specifications and a UI Style Guide.
- Edited CSS and HTML/XML source code to customize product appearance to match customer web sites.
- Proficient in using RDBMS concepts with Oracle, MySQL and MSSQL and experienced in writing SQL, PL/SQL, functions, stored procedures, triggers and views.
- Created a demo website running on a Node.JS, using the Express framework, Jade, and Backbone.JS with Mustache.JS for front end MVC/ templating.
- Involved in writing Unix Shell Script for performing automated tasks.
- Wrote Python code embedded with JSON and XML to produce HTTP GET request, parsing HTML data from websites.
- Implemented Backbone.js and React.JS to create a dynamically changing website.
- Developed an Angular.JS workflow manager leveraging Angular-UI's state router for flexible configuration and management of multi-step user input flows.
- Leveraged angular resources for all data access, encapsulating URLs and standardizing data access interfaces.
- Designed and implementing a Node.JS based mobile text and voice messaging app and its cloud backend.
- Created web application prototype using Angular.JS.
- Implemented a Node.JS server to manage authentication.
- Involved in developing and implementation of the Back end web application using Ruby on Rails.
- Used Active Records for Database Migration and also involved in using ActiveResources, Fixtures, Action View and Action Controller in Rails framework.
- Caching contents for Rails is used and queries are optimized for analyzing and improving large scale application efficiency.
- Wrote and tuned DB2 SQL Queries to perform CRUD operations.
- Integrated React.JS components into the Angular.JS application to make webpages more responsive and efficient.
- Developed SQL and PL/ SQL scripts for transfer of data between databases.
- Built and configured WebSphere Portal components including navigation, menu, and content view portlets.
- Used WSAD Application Server to deploy this application.
- Worked with Jasmine for writing unit test cases along with functionality and integrated test cases.
- Developed UI components for email and link sharing of documents and files for a Content. Management System using Backbone.JS.
- Configured Maven dependencies for application building processes that created Pom.xml files.
SR. WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER
Confidential, New York City, NY
- Utilized modular structure within the Angular JS and Node.js application in which different functionalities within the application were divided into different modules.
- Used angular jqDialogs to create the custom dialogs.
- Used Angular context-menu for custom tool-tip.
- Developed, tested, and deployed Storify Business feature set in Node.js with and database backend.
- Used Ext. JS for validating client-side validations.
- Used MVC architecture of Ext. JS Framework to simplify the code complexity and increase clean code.
- Defined Ext.JS (UI Layer) Architecture and Design screen mock-up using Ext.JS and Sencha.
- Developed user interface using JSP, JSTL and Custom Tag Libraries and AJAX to speed the application.
- Extensive experience using framework APIs like Struts, Spring, iBatis and Hibernate.
- Used Netbeans IDE for development, configured and deployed the application on Tomcat Server.
- Updated Jasper Report configurations to make the changes in the reports.
- Used JUnit framework for unit testing of application and ANT to build the application and deployed on Web Logic.
- Used centralized configuration for multiple servers in JBOSS domain mode.
- Extensively used TOAD for managing the database.
- Designed and implemented Servlets module to capture the XML as request and parse XML.
- Developed a web 2.0 control console using GWT to manage data matching for data staging.
- Utilized Clearcase for version control of the application. This involved creating development streams and defect streams.
- Extensively used the DOJO Toolkit to control and provide the rich functionality to GUI.
- Created Cognos content store, data source connections and Cognos configuration.
- Used JQuery for creating different menus and dialog boxes.
- Developed the Java Graphical User Interface for end users using JavaFX and Swing frameworks
- Generated PDF reports using iText.
- Used UML diagrams (use case, class and sequence diagrams) to analyze, design and develop the system.
- Deployed complex systems on client site that includes EMC Documentum.
- Generated scripts for effective integration of JIRA applications with other tools.
- Developed Web Java/J2EE application (JSP, EJB) using Struts for JBuilder.
- Developed additional UI Components using JSF and implemented an asynchronous, AJAX based rich client to improve customer experience.
- Architected mainframe modernization solutions using SOA/web services, middleware integration technologies and ESB based on Java/J2EE.
- Involved in Requirement analysis, design and Implementation applying the Water fall model.
- Involved in developing the UI panels using JSF, XHTML, CSS, DOJO and JQuery.
- Wrote Web services using Apache Axis2 and generated the WSDL.
- Designed, Implemented and Test Oracle ADF applications using JDeveloper.
- Involved in the development of Services using Oracle BPM, WSDL and XSD.
- Used IBM MQ Series to send information from mainframe to web and back to mainframe.
- Designed and developed a web-based candidate catalog tool using Java, Maven, Spring, Hibernate with Annotations, MySQL, JSP, and CSS.
Sr. UI Developer
Confidential, McLean, Virginia
- Designed a custom Ext.JS message bus used to loosely couple Ext.JS components and application logic - essentially a front-end controller.
- Responsible to store and retrieve user entered data to HTML session storage hence give user feature of running several session at one time.
- Planed, developed, implement, debug and support user friendly front end applications for products and client sites.
- Participated in all the stages of SDLC from requirements gathering to deployment of software.
- Used MVC architecture, Business Delegate, Session facade, Data Access Object, Value Object and Singleton patterns.
- Created JUnit test cases to cover unit testing for the components.
- Developed and designed Interfaces using Swings.
- Involved in writing client side validations using Java Script.
- Used Log4j for logging and handling defects of the application
- Designed and implemented error/exception handling, navigation, authorization, and rules managers.
- Active participation throughout the entire software development lifecycle from project inception, to code development and elaborate testing of the various modules.
- J2EE to communicate legacy COBOL based mainframe implementations.
- Used standard data access technologies like JDBC and ORM tool like Hibernate.
- Wrote test cases using JUnit testing framework.
- Simulation was developed using C++.
- Designed and developed Message Flows and Message Sets and other service component to expose Mainframe applications to enterprise J2EE applications.
- Wrote stored procedures in Oracle PL/SQL for data entry and retrieval.