- 9+ Years of extensive experience working in Retail, E - Commerce and Point of Sale ( Confidential ) based IT industries with proven experience in AWS Cloud Implementations,Build and Release Management, Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment, Automation Testing and JAVA developer.
- A high-level knowledge and experience of industry trends and technology advancements relating to Source Control, Build Management, Configuration Management Tools.
- Strong Hands on Experience in working with Amazonwebservices (IAM, EC2, EBS, S3, Lambda, Cloud Front, Auto scaling and Load Balancing, VPC, RDS, ROUTE 53).
- Experience setting up and maintaining Autoscaling AWS stacks (using cloud formation and scripting).
- Created alarms in CloudWatch service for monitoring the server’s performance, CPU Utilization, disk usage etc.
- Created Cloud Formation templates to automate EC2 instances. Design user's credentials and profiles using AWS IAM.
- Ensure data integrity and data security on AWS technology. Understand and monitor metrics on AWS.
- Worked with AmazonRedshift to create simple, scalable data warehouse.
- Creating image of existing EC2 instance with all the required software for applications.
- Hands on experience in encrypting data using AWS Key Management Service (KMS).
- Knowledge and expertise in every phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- Experienced in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GIT, Subversion (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Work in migratingcode from SVN to GITrepo (stash/bitbucket), clean the GIT repo (purging files).
- Experience in implementing a Continuous Delivery framework using Jenkins in Linuxenvironment.
- Good practical knowledge on vagrant in automating development environments and performing Continuous Integration(C/I).
- Used MAVEN scripts to automate the build process and also installed NEXUS and used it as a Private Repository Manager with-in the company.
- Analyzed and Converted ANT scripts to MAVEN to standardize the procedures.
- Good experience in developing pom.xml files for Maven build scripts.
- Experience in Implementing Continuous Integration Environment (Jenkins, Sonar, and artifactory) and Continuous Delivery Environment.
- Administered Jenkins for Continuous Integration and deployment into Tomcat/Weblogic/Websphere/LDAP servers Application Servers, testing in build environment and release to test team on scheduled time.
- Expertise in implementing the Configuration Management Tools like Chef, Puppet and Ansible.
- Used Chef, Puppet, Ansible as a configuration management tool for Deployment on Multiple platforms.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on AmazonWebServices (AWS) & configuration management using Puppet.
- Having good experience in Application Deployments & Environment configuration using Puppet.
- Good Knowledge in writing Ansible playbooks to automate the given process.
- Involved in designing Playbooks for Ansible to create reusable server configurations.
- Used Docker to run and manage apps side-by-side in isolated containers to get better compute density.
- Having good knowledge on kubernetes for managing containerized applications across multiple hosts, providing basic mechanisms for deployment, maintenance, and scaling of applications.
- Good knowledge of using Terraform with AWS.
- Experience in Setting up the build and deployment automation for Terraform scripts using Jenkins.
- Worked DevOps methodologies and cloud infrastructure automation tools like AWS, Chef by using Terraform.
- Automate the deployments using the shell scripts.
- Created WLST scripts to update the startup arguments of jvms for automating the tasks.
- Created the shell, Perl, Ruby, Python scripts monitor the errors in the logs.
- Having experience in Cucumber using in Gherkin.
- Good experience in Paramiko module in Python for implementing a large portion of SSH feature set.
- Troubleshooting the production issues involved in various severity calls and resolving the issues effectively to reduce the customer impact.
- Installed and configured Apache HTTP server Plugin to proxy requests from Apache to WebLogic 10.3/12c on RHEL 5.
- Good Experience in configuring ETL tools like Informatics Power Center and reporting tools like Business Objects.
- Deep understanding of Layer 7 protocols like HTTP, DHCP, DNS and SSL/TLS.
- Configure and administered of WebLogic server with Oracle 11g database.
- Configuration and administration of Connection pools for JDBC connections.
- Provided 2 4 / 7 oncallsupportin the Production environment.
- Supported for developing infrastructure related design flows to improve the high availability based on SLA and business requirements.
- Managed and Monitored JVM Performance by adjusting WebLogic heap size and garbage collection parameters.
- Hands-on-experience with monitoring tools like CloudWatch and Nagios.
- Used Nagios to provide centralized view of IT infrastructure and help with status information, detection of infrastructure outages, automatic restart of failed applications and services and overall monitoring reporting.
- Installed, configured and administered JBOSS 6.0 server in various environments.
- Used JBOSS framework to support the development and implementation of application.
- Supported for Enterprise releases for major application changes.
- Collaborated using Atlassian tools including Jira, Confluence to update scattered build environment. Use of ticketing tools like Service Now and Remedy.
- Have good understanding and working experience in Apigee Edge Platform, Batch Framework, Restful web services using HTTP and SOAP web services.
- Experience in RAD (Rapid Application Development), Microservices, Agile Methodology and Scrum Software.
- Expertise in Querying RDBMS such as Oracle, MY SQL and Server by using PL/SQL for data integrity and also for (DDL Executions, Log Rotations, Table space alterations, user management etc.)
- Good understanding of OSI Model, TCP/IP protocol suite (IP, ARP, TCP, UDP, SMTP, FTP, and TFTP) also well in troubleshooting the problems generated while building, deploying and also in production support.
- Experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting Hyper-V View Composer and View Connection Manager to make Virtual Desktop Infrastructure efficient and to simplify desktop administrative management tasks.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking protocols.
- Good experience on Network topologies such as LAN, WAN, VPN, and Firewalls.
- Work on code integration for C++.
- Good working experience on APM tools like New Relic and Dynatrace.
- Good experience in networking, Operating Systems and Application level security. Also involved in the design of custom protection architectures.
- Participated in the periodice xecution of the business continuance plan, including scheduling, coordination, and documentation updates.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective time management in deploying the given tasks.
- Excellent communicative, interpersonal, intuitive, self-motivated, well-organized problem solver analysis and leadership skills with the ability to work efficiently in both independent and team work environments.
Op e r a t i ng S y s t e ms: Solaris, RedHat LINUX, Centos, Ubuntu, HP-UX, IBM-AIX, Window 98/2000/NT/XP/Win7/Win8
Ap p li c a ti o n / W e b S e rve r s: WebLogic 8.1/9.x/ 10.0/10.3/12 c, Apache Tomcat 6x, 7x, 8x,Apache 2.x, IPlanet 4.0, Sun ONE 6.x, MS IIS server 5.1/6.0, IBM-HTTP Server
Scr i p t i n g: UNIX Shell Scripting (Bourne, Korn, C and Bash), Perl Scripting, Ruby, Python.
Programming Languages: C, C++, JAVA/J2EE, Groovy, C#, Visual Basic, SQL, PL-SQL.
Internet Technologies: Microsoft .Net frame work, MVC, ASP .Net
RDB M S: ORACLE8i/9i/10g,11gSybase,SQL-Server,My SQL, MS Access and DB2
Dev e l o p m e n t a ndB ui l d T oo l s: GIT, SVN, Ant, MS Build, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, Vagrant, Chef, Puppet, Salt, Docker, Kubernetes
Pro t o c o l s: TCP/IP, Telnet, HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, SNMP, LDAP, DNS, DHCP
Virtual OS: VMware, Virtual Box.
Testing Tools: Test Complete, Selenium, Network simulators, wireshark, Jmeter
AWS Cloud Tools: EC2, S3, Cloud Formation, Lambda, IAM, EBS, ELB, Code Deploy, Auto Scalling, VPC, Route53, EMR, Cloudwatch, Opswork, EBS, ECS.
Metho d o l o g i e s: UnifiedModellingLanguage(UML)1.0,RationalRose,RationalClearCase,Rational Requisite
Confidential, Boston, MA
Sr. AWS/ D e vO p s E n g i n ee r
- Building and supporting environments consisting Testing, Development and Production.
- Extensively worked with Version Control Systems GIT and SVN.
- Cloned the repositories from GitHub to the local system using GIT.
- Implementing a CI/CD using Jenkins with build toolMaven.
- Created pipelines for Jenkins jobs.
- Installed and configured Docker for creating virtual environments.
- Applied the company build pipeline using Jenkins, AWS and Docker.
- Scheduled Jenkins job and added email notification.
- Creation of servers, AMIs, storage blocks, snapshots, VPCs, subnets, load balancers, and firewalls in AWS.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with EC2Autoscaling groups
- Linked Docker to AWS EC2ContainerServices (ECS) to make it easy to deploy, manage, and scale Dockercontainers running applications in EC2instances.
- Moved Git based Terraform deployments to Jenkins CICD pipelines.
- Used Jenkins Code Deploy plug-in to deploy to AWS.
- Created new EC2 instance in AWS, allocate volumes and giving Provisional using IAM.
- Configured AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC.
- Designed and deployed AWS solutions using E2C, S3, Lambda, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Autoscaling groups, Opsworks.
- Created AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Moved Terraform state from local git based file to AWS S3.
- Used AWS Cloud Formation Templates to simplify provisioning and management on AWS.
- Monitor the usage, health and logs of application with the help of AmazonCloudWatch.
- Responsible for nightly and weekly builds for different modules.
- Installed Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana to setup ELKstack tomanage applications on top of AWS to effectively analyze their log data.
- Installed Nginx in order to set up a reverse proxy.
- Used Chef to configure and manage infrastructure and Created cookbooks to automate the configuration setups.
- Performed the automation using Chef Configuration management.
- Developed and automated of SQL packages without manual intervention by running SQLcookbooks in CHEF.
- Involved in chef infra maintenance including backup/monitoring/security fixtures.
- Worked on ChefServerbackups.
- Established Chef Best practices approaches to system deployment with tools with vagrant and managing Chef Cookbook as a unit of software deployment and independently version controlled.
- On boarded and monitored Compliance Databases.
- Performed re-write of SQL Configuration completely in PowerShell which set up databases, maintenance jobs and security.
- Configuring and Networking of Virtual Private Cloud (VPC).
- Create, extend, reduce and administration of Logical Volume Management (LVM) in RHEL environment.
- Applied patches and packages on Linux servers using rpm and yum tools.
- Worked with scripting language like Bash and Ruby.
- Installation of third party tools using packages.
- I have supported large database environment with different versions of the same Application.
- Duties included Backup\Restores, creating logins and ID's in SQLServer and Active Directory, Supporting release activities off hours and helped in automating DBA tasks.
- Created automation and deployment templates for relational and nosql databases (standalone and RDS), including MSSQL, Mysql, MongoDB.
- Maintained good support for development team from Intermediate to advanced level in ASP.NET MVC and ASP.NET Web API.
- Involved in performance monitoring using Dynatrace and HTTP watch tool in identifying problems and provides a complete picture of what is going on in the browser.
- Installed and configured Apache and Tomcat as web front end for IBI Web FOCUS for development and production environments.
- Created a batch file in Selenium Web driver and used it in Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Run the scripts across multiple browsers using Selenium Grid.
- Installed patches and updates on ESX Hosts and Virtual machines using Hyper-V Update Manager.
- Responsible for creating and customize test scripts in Ruby using Selenium Webdriver.
- Installed, configured and administered JBOSS 6.0 server in various environments.
- Used JBOSS framework to support the development and implementation of applications
Environment: s: Jenkins, Chef, GIT, SVN, Maven, Ant, Gradle, Terraform, Bitbucket, Docker, JBOSS, Bash, Ruby, EC2, IAM, VPC, ELB, Autoscaling, S3, Lambda, RDS, EBS, Route53, Code Deploy, Cloud Formation, Cloud Watch, Dynatrace, Vagrant, Firewalls, ELK Stack, SQL Server, MongoDB, MySQL, MSSQL, ASP.NET, Selenium Grid, Selenium Webdriver, Informatica, IBI WebFocus, Hyper-V, LINUX
Confidential, Farmers Branch, TX
D e vO p s/Puppet E n g i n ee r
R espons i b i li ti es:
- Developed and supported the Software Release Management and procedures.
- Performed all necessary day-to-day GIT support for different projects.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the GIT repositories and the access control Strategies.
- Created the branches in GIT to implement the parallel development process.
- Used GIT for branching and merging.
- Worked with the Architects on SDLC process being the owner of post development environments.
- Coordinating the resources by working closely with Project Manager's for the release and Project Manager for all the Operational Projects.
- Carried Deployments and builds on various environments using Jenkins.
- Developed and implemented the software release management for the release of web applications.
- Wrote MAVEN Scripts to automate the build process.
- Installed, Configured Jenkins for running Continuous Integration, Automated Deployments into different environments.
- Configured PUPPET to perform automated deployments and configuration management on JenkinsSlaves.
- Created Puppet manifests, classes and modules to automate system operations.
- Experienced with working on PuppetMaster and PuppetAgents. Defined Puppet Master and Puppet Agents to manage and configure nodes.
- Managed Ubuntu,Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWSEC2 using Puppet.
- Designed Continuous Delivery platform using Docker, Jenkins and Puppet.
- Deployed cloudstack using AWSOpWorks.
- Responsible for Maintenance, Regular Periodic Backups, User Management and Plug-in Management for Jenkins.
- Created monitors, alarms and notifications for EC2 hosts using Cloudwatch.
- Implemented auto environment creation using AWS admin console and AWS cli.
- Deployed the applications to TomcatApplicationServer and static content to apachewebservers.
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Used Docker to setup a virtual machine.
- Configured Splunk for Log analyzing at centralized location.
- Integrated JIRA and GIT with Pre-commit hooks and also involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system alongside configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Documented project's software release management procedures with input decisions.
- Developed, maintained, and distributed release notes for each scheduled release.
- Established processes and tools to maintain code base integrity, including check-in validation rules and branch/merge processes.
- Designed and implemented CI and CD Environment with all the required checkpoints to ensure highest quality of applications to push to next environments.
- Wrote various automation scripts to automate manual tasks, deploy applications, application build scripts and application packaging using Shell and Python Scripting.
- Written test cases in Jasmine for unit testing and ran the test cases using Karma task runner.
- Responsible for Creating New Components, Applications, Component Processes, Application Processes and adding them to required Environments and creating new schedules based on requirements.
- Created different application processes in Udeploy which would deploy applications, run automated tests, add status messages based of the results and rollback the deployments based on the failures into different environments.
Environment: GIT, GitHub, Maven, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, AWS EC2, Cloudwatch,IAM, VPC, ELB, Auto Scaling, opswork, Shell, Python, apache Tomcat, Apache Web Servers, Splunk, SonarQube, JIRA, Udeploy.
Build and Release Engineer
- Primary responsibilities include Build and Deployment of the java applications onto different environments like Dev, QA, UAT and Prod.
- Installed Jenkins on a Linux machine and created a master and slave configuration to implement multiple parallel builds through a build farm.
- Integrated Subversion and Maven with Jenkins to implement the continuous integration process.
- Created Maven, Perl, Python&UNIXscripts for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Worked on the transition project that involved migration activities to Maven from Ant to standardize the build across all the applications.
- Responsible for authoring Build Scripts using MSBuild for Windows application and MavenPom.xml files for Java applications.
- Used Nexus tool to manage the repository in Maven and used the same to share the snapshots and releases of internal projects.
- Installed and Configured Nexus with all the required Repository setup, plug-in management, User Management and required regular maintenance.
- Created the branches in Subversion to implement the parallel development process.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts raised during the merge to Subversion branches.
- Managed Users and Groups in Jenkins and responsible to troubleshoot issues if any occur.
- The deployment and server bounce process is automated by creating the scripts using WebLogic Scripting Tool(WLST)
- The build artifacts like wars and ears are deployed into a WebLogic app server by integrating the WLST scripts to Shell Scripts
- Used PowerShell for automating windows build and deploys.
- Involved in BI presentation delivery utilizing SQL Server Analysis Services (SSAS), SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or other BI tools including ProClarity.
- Performed weekly and on-call deployments of application codes to production environments
- Implemented Configuration Management, Change Management policies and procedures.
- Maintained configuration files for each application for the purpose of builds and installed on different environments.
- Directed the Release Management Calls to synchronize with the Developers, Testers and DBA teams for successful Release.
- Presented reports to the Project manager about the progress and issues tracking key project Milestones, plans and resources.
Environment: Subversion (SVN), Maven, Ant, Jenkins, WebLogic, Python, SSAS, SSRS, UNIX, pearl, WLST, Nexus, MS Build.
- Developed the entire application implementing MVC Architecture integrating Hibernate and spring frameworks.
- Involved in development of presentation layer using JSP and Servlets with Development tool Eclipse IDE.
- Worked on development of Hibernate, including mapping files, configuration file and classes to interact with the database.
- Designed and developed Hibernate configuration and session-per-request design pattern for making database connectivity and accessing the session for database transactions respectively.
- Implemented Object-relation mapping in the persistence layer using hibernate frame work in conjunction with spring functionality.
- Involved in injecting dependencies into code using spring core module.
- Used Spring Core Annotations for Dependency Injection.
- Involved in building API's using groovy on grails.
- Involved to coding all the backend components using groovy.
- Involved in developing code for obtaining bean references inSpring framework using Dependency Injection (DI) or Inversion of Control (IOC).
- Used HQL and SQL for fetching and storing data in databases.
- Designed and developed the Validations, Controller Classes and Java bean components.
- Used Web services - WSDL and SOAP for getting required information from third party.
- Implemented web services with Apache Axis
- Designed and Developed Stored Procedures, Triggers in Oracle to cater the needs for the entire application. Developed complex SQL queries for extracting data from the database.
- Used Apache Ant for the build process.
- Used ClearCase for version control and Clear Quest for bug tracking.