- 20+ years of experience in Networking, Communications & IoT Product Development (out of which, 5+ years as Manager / Senior Manager), Project management and Customer Engagement.
- Solid knowledge of Software Development and Testing Life Cycles (SDLC/STLC) and Tools
- Quick learner, Team player and Energetic leader with ability to hire, mentor, motivate and lead functional and cross - functional teams.
- Building effective relationship with all the stakeholders and the vendor /partner
- Implementing and facilitating continuous improvements to achieve enhanced quality and productivity. Fostering innovation and best practices. Close engagement with field support and customers on pre-sales, post-sales and escalation support.
Programming: C, Python, Shell scripting, PLSQL
Protocols: Wireless (802.15.4 and 802.11), BACnet/IP, Modbus, TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, SNMP, PPPoX, L2TP, HDLC, VoIP, Telecom Signaling (T1/E1 CAS, PRI, R2)
Hardware Platforms: Single Board Computers (Raspberry PI), I/O Shields & Micro controllers, Cisco Routing & Switching Platforms
Operating Systems & Software Tools: Cisco IOS &IOS-XR, Raspbian & Ubuntu Linux, SVN, Jenkins, JIRA, Wireshark, TCPDUMP
Technology Domains: IoT Gateways & Devices, Wireless Sensor Networks for Smart Lighting, Building Automation & Control (BAC) Devices, Enterprise & Service Provider Network Infrastructure, VoIP, Broadband Aggregation.
IOT ENGINEER & CONSULTANT
- Worked on a common Confidential Gateway platform to integrate and manage BAC devices - Partition Systems, Window Shades, A/V Controllers, Fire Alarm Systems, Building access and surveillance systems, Air Quality systems, BMS System over BACnet/IP, HVAC devices over Modbus RTU and others.
- Created Gateway prototypes and solutions to integrate Motorized Window Shades, Air Purifiers / Ionizers, DMX Lighting Controllers, Building Access and Surveillance Systems. Work involved SW development on Raspberry PI platform (and Raspbian Linux) using C, Python.
- Consultation to multiple customers on IoT Transformation which includes developing end-to-end solutions and strategies, creating prototypes and execution of turnkey projects.
Confidential, Sunnyvale, CA
- Worked in the start-up which developed IoT platform for Smart Lighting Control & Data Analytics Products.
- Engaged with customers to map their requirements into Engineering Solution Specifications. Designed, Developed and Integrated Solutions into Confidential products.
- Developed and delivered Gateway solutions to integrate various BAC devices into Confidential Sensor Network - Motorized Movable Partition Walls, A/V Controllers and Fire Alarm Systems, Work involved FW enhancements & SW development on Raspberry PI platform (and Raspbian Linux) using C, Python and RESTful API’s.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Managed 23 member team (with 2 Manager Reports) having Development Test Ownership of ASR1000 (I/O, Security) and 7200, 7304 Router Platforms.
- Responsible for project management spread across multiple sites and customer engagement across North America and Confidential regions.
MANAGER, SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT
- Engineering Excellence (Expert groups on Code, Test Automation & Quality, Developing dashboards, Customer Engagement, Defect Management, Engineer Skill Assessment and Mentoring) & Software Release Management
- BU representative on various councils - Internal Test tools, Evaluating external test tools, University Relations & Campus Hiring, ISO 9000 and TL9000 Audit