- Effective professional experience of 8 years in the field of Information Technology industry focused on Systems/Network Administration , Cloud Computing and DevOps that includes the principles with Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment.
- Worked with RHEL, Debian, CentOS, SUSE, Oracle Enterprise Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris and VMware V - sphere ESX/ ESXi environment.
- Involved in Automating, Configuring and deploying instances on AWS, Azure and Rackspace cloud environments and Data centers, also familiar with EC2, Cloud watch, Elastic IP's and managing security groups on AWS.
- Worked exclusively on AWS Cloud platform and its features which includes EC2, VPC, EBS, AMI, SNS, RDS, EBS, Cloud Watch, Cloud Trail, Cloud Formation AWS Config, Autos calling, Cloud Front, IAM, S3, R53.
- Created and designed the AWS relational databases like Aurora, MySQL , MSSQL and NoSQL database DynamoDB , Automated the process of launching and stopping/terminating EC2 instances on Amazon AWS with BOTO3 .
- Developed the AWS cloud computing platform and migrating the application from existing Systems to AWS and Deploying, managing and operating scalable, highly available and fault tolerant Systems on AWS .
- Managed Linux and Windows virtual servers on EC2 using Chef Server and Familiar with Cloud watch, Elastic IP's and managing security groups for EC2 Servers. Hands on experience with the AWS CLI and SDKs / API tools.
- Worked on Client's Microsoft Azure based PAAS and IAAS environment.
- Involved in branching, tagging and maintaining the version across the environments using SCM tools like GitHub, (SVN) and TFS on Linux and windows platforms.
- Maintained and administered GIT source code tool. Imported and managed multiple corporate applications into GitHub code management repo. Creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes. worked on Hudson , Bamboo and Jenkins for continuous integration and for End to End automation for all build and deployments.
- Designed and created multiple deployment strategies using Continuous Integration and Continuous Development Pipelines and configuration management tools with remote execution to ensure zero downtime and shortened deployment cycles via automated deployments.
- Worked on Build Automation tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle and working knowledge on other build tools like make file and Well versed in converting build.xml into pom.xml to build the applications using Maven.
- Production experience in large environments using configuration management tools Chef and Puppet, Hands on experience in writing Chef/Puppet cookbooks/recipes to automate Infrastructure as a code.
- Worked extensively on automation engine Ansible that automates cloud provisioning, configuration management, application deployment, intra-service orchestration, and many other IT needs.
- Managed Ansible playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Created and implemented continuous delivery (CD) pipeline with Docker, Maven, Ant, Jenkins, GitHub and AWS AMI's in Linux environment. worked on Docker for virtualization, Ship, Run and Deploy the application securely for fasten the build/Release Engineering, Developed the OpenShift platform in managing Docker containers and Kubernetes Clusters.
- Used Docker container for deploying micro services, and scaling the deployment using Kubernetes .
- Responsible in managing all aspects of the software configuration management process including code compilation, packaging, deployment, release methodology and application configurations.
- Used Terraforms to launch EC2 instances by writing a configuration file and destroy them if not required.
- Involved in the functional usage and deployment of applications in WebLogic, WebSphere, IIS and Apache Tomcat Server.
- Responsible for maintaining basic administration of Application servers like WebLogic fusion middleware suite and Rational WebSphere suite.
- Worked on User administration setup, maintaining account, monitor system performance using Nagios and Zabbix .
- Worked under SLA (Service Level Agreement) & Incident Management (Remedy, JIRA) with increases productivity, scalability & performance of application.
- Worked on different Bug tracking tools like JIRA. Created and wrote shell scripts (Bash), Ruby, Python for automating tasks.
SCM Tools: Subversion(SVN), GIT, ClearCase, Perforce
Build Tools: Ant, Maven, Gradle
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Build forge and Cruise Control
Configuration Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible
Automation Tools: Docker, Kubernetes and Vagrant
Monitoring Tools: Splunk, Nagios
Bug Tracking Tools: Jira, Remedy, ClearQuest
Cloud Platforms: AWS, Azure, OpenStack
AWS Services: EC-2, ELB, VPC, RDS, IAM, CloudFormation, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrial, SNS, SQS, SWF, EBS, EMR, Dynamo DB, Redshift
AWS RDS: PostgreSQL, Aurora, MySQL
Database System: SQL Server 2000/2005, Mongo db. Oracle 9i/10g-PL/SQL
Scripting: Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell Scripting, Power Shell
Languages: C, C++, PHP, Java
Web Technologies: Google Web Toolkit, HTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, JAVA SCRIPT
Servers: WebLogic, WebSphere, JBOSS, Apache Tomcat, TFS, IIS, Nginx
Network Services: FTP-Vsftpd, SSH, TELNET, TCP/IP, HTTP, DHCP, SNMP, FTP, SMTP, NFS, WinSCP, SAN/NAS, MULTIPATHING, RAID LEVELS.
Platforms: UNIX, Linux, HP-UX, Solaris, Centos 6.5,7, Red Hat, Windows NT/2003/2008, Microsoft windows Vista/XP/2000
Confidential - San Diego, CA
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Designed and deployed AWS services using EC2, S3, RDS, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, Auto scaling groups, Optimized volumes and EC2instances & Created multi AZ VPC instances.
- Migration of Existing Application to AWS cloud. Used IAM to create new accounts, roles and groups.
- Involved in configuring Amazon S3 versioning and life cycle policies to and back up files and archive files in Glacier .
- Configured S3 to host static web content and Deployed cloud stack using AWS OpsWorks.
- Configured Elastic Load Balancers with Amazon EC2 Auto scaling groups.
- Worked on integrating AWS Dynamo DB using AWS Lambda to store the values and backup the Dynamo DB streams, Automated the AWS resources by using Terraform templates.
- Used Bash and Python , included Boto3 to supplement automation provided by Ansible and Terraform for tasks such as encrypting EBS volumes backing AMI s and scheduling Lambda functions for routine AWS tasks.
- Implemented clean up scripts/ Lambda functions in Python to delete unused instances, EBS volumes, Snapshots and Cloud watch alarms.
- Used Kibana 4 to build reliability and availability dashboards for cloud operations that helped monitor the performance openstack components.
- Have extensive knowledge on OpenStack-helm Used Kibana 4 to build reliability and availability dashboards for cloud operations that helped monitor the performance of OpenStack components.
- Managed MySQL DB instances and schemas for OpenStack services nova, neutron and keystone.
- Working with other enterprise product owners to position Rally as the core agile management platform in the Enterprise Delivery Pipeline: Clarity for Capitalization Governance .JIRA for Customer Intake .Agile Central ( Rally ) for Enterprise Agile Workflow Management Managed MySQL database instances and schemas for OpenStack services nova, neutron and keystone.
- Implemented the dashboard using Elastic , LogStash and Kibana (ELK), Used ELK to setup real time logging and analytics for Continuous delivery pipelines & applications.
- Managed Ubuntu Linux and Windows virtual servers on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Chef Server.
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with java, PHP, NodeJS, Python and Ruby on familiar servers such as Apache.
- Worked on Git for deployment scaling and load balancing to the application from dev through production, easing the code development and deployment pipeline by implementing Docker containerization with multiple name spaced.
- Implemented Maven builds for creating JAR'S, WAR'S and managed the artifacts generated by Maven in the Nexus repository.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven and scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Developed strategies and supported tools to create an efficient automated integration and release process using Jenkins .
- Manage deployment automation using Ansible , Automated the build and release management process including monitoring changes between releases.
- Management of enterprise Chef environments. Maintaining test and production catalogues and writing reusable cookbooks for use in configuration management.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Worked with Docker, Kubernetes for the Container security engineer implementing monitoring/auditing security events on container and implement container network security detection.
- Developed Networking policies for Docker containers. Worked on open source development tools like Docker Containers, Mesos and Kubernetes.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm, Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications and also manage Kubernetes manifest files and managed releases of Helm packages.
- Scheduled, deployed and managed container replicas onto a node cluster using Kubernetes .
- Responsible for monitoring the servers in infrastructure using Nagios, Managed users, workflow, groups and projects in JIRA.
- Worked in cross-platform environments like Linux, UNIX, AIX and Windows.
- Involved in developing custom scripts using Python, Shell(bash) to automate jobs and managed data collection using framework boto3 and Python applications.
- Created and maintained the Python deployment scripts for Web Sphere web application server.
- Configured and maintained LAMP stack on production and staging servers. Wrote Perl scripts at server side for web support of LAMP .
Environment: AWS, GIT, MAVEN, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, Java/J2EE, MySQL-NoSQL Database, Web Logic, Python, Shell Scripts, XML, UNIX, Linux(RHEL), PowerShell, Windows XP, open stack, Oracle, JIRA
Confidential, Detroit, MI
Sr. DevOps/AWS Engineer
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling in AWS Cloud Formation.
- Build servers using AWS, importing volumes, launching EC2, RDS , creating security groups, auto-scaling, load balancers (ELBs) in the defined virtual private connection.
- Managed Virtual servers (Ubuntu, Linux and Windows ) on AWS EC2 using Open-Source Chef server.
- Deployed and monitored scalable infrastructure on Amazon Web Services (AWS) & configuration management using Chef
- Used AWS Beanstalk for deploying and scaling web applications and services developed with Java, PHP, Node.js, Python , Ruby , and Docker on familiar servers such as Apache , and IIS.
- Created Python scripts to totally automate AWS services, which includes web servers, ELB , Cloud Front distribution, database, EC2 and database security groups, S3 bucket and application configuration, this script creates stacks, single servers, or joins web servers to stacks.
- Developed GIT hooks for the local repository, code commit and remote repository, code push functionality and worked on the GitHub.
- Deployed J2EE applications to Application servers in an agile continuous integration environment and also automated the whole process. Build scripts using Maven build tools in Jenkins, Sonar to move from one environment to other environments.
- Utilized Jenkins for enterprise scale infrastructure configuration and application deployments - checking out code from Git and use Maven to build War/Ear artifacts.
- Managed Maven project dependencies by creating parent-child relationships between projects.
- Developed multiple Chef Cookbooks from scratch. Implemented automation with Vagrant, Chef on AWS for application testing, deployment, and development. Prepared documentation describing the configuration state of each item that was under CM control.
- Deployed web applications using Chef by developing the Cookbook. Also, responsible for creating and importing all the environments required to run the project.
- Installed Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, Wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef -server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/ Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3&ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Participated in configuring and monitoring distributed and multiple platform servers using Puppet. Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Utilized Puppet and Puppet dashboard for Configuration Management of hosted Instances within AWS.
- Automation configuration and deployment of Linux and Windows machines using Puppet.
- Redesigned and redeployed the Nagios implementation. Nodes automatically added/removed themselves via Puppet.
- Worked on Docker Hub, creating Docker images and handling multiple images primarily for middleware installations and domain configuration.
- Created Linux containers in CoreOS and Docker and Automated system using Chef.
- Virtualized the servers using the Docker for the test environments and dev-environments needs And also configuration automation using Docker containers.
- Collaborated with development and Support teams to setup a Continuous Delivery environment with the use of Docker, continuous build and Delivery tools.
- Strong in building Object Oriented applications using Java, writing Shell Scripts on UNIX and monitoring the servers in the infrastructure we used tool like Nagios.
- Connected DevOps of this enterprise platform using Rally software
- Solid understanding of Project Life Cycle Management and strong experience on working of AGILE Methodologies. Good understanding on Agile Tools Rally, tracking status and setting up velocities for the projects.
Environment: Ubuntu, Linux, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, Puppet, AWS, Docker, Bash, Shell, Tomcat and Apache, Vagrant, Gradle
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
- Worked on automating Linux serve r builds running on Oracle Linux 7.3 both VMs and Physical servers.
- Developed and implemented Software Release Management strategies for various applications according to the agile process.
- Merged release branches to the trunk after the production release and resolved the conflicts rose during the merge in GIT .
- Created the branches in GIT to implement the parallel development process.
- Developed Perl and shell scripts for automation of the build and release process.
- Developed build and deployment scripts using MAVEN as build tools in Jenkins to move from one environment to other environments.
- Managed and optimize the Continuous Delivery tools like Jenkins . Install, Configure, Administer Hudson/Jenkins Continuous Integration Tool.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Ant and Maven to schedule the builds.
- Created Jobs for Builds and Deployments, installed several plugins in Jenkins to support multiple build eco systems required for the implementation of projects.
- Configured and managed Chef master server and also experience in updating and creating modules and pushing them to Chef clients.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build for internal Data Centre Servers. Also re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Automated the cloud deployments using chef , python (boto3 & fabric) and AWS Cloud Formation Templates.
- Created and maintained Ansible inventories, Ansible playbooks to manage configurations and automate installation process.
- Used ansible galaxy to get the playbooks related to application, Plugin the ansible playbooks and worked with container based deployments using Docker .
- Created the Docker images and linking of Docker containers for secured way of data transfer.
- Worked on creation of custom Docker images container images, tagging and pushing the images. Used Docker containers and Docker consoles for managing the application life cycle.
- Used Nagios as a monitoring tool for managing Resources, Network and Log Trace on hosts, devices and services such that notifications can be received during critical conditions.
- Build and configure Nagios with groundwork Nagios for monitoring all servers in the infrastructure.
- Worked with different Bug Tracking Tools like JIRA, Clear Quest and Quality center .
- Used Tomcat, JBOSS , WebLogic and WebSphere Application servers for deployments.
Environment: Linux, Maven, Jenkins, Chef, GIT, Docker, Bash, Shell, Tomcat and Apache, Nagios, Jira, Python, Ruby
Confidential, Irvine, CA
- Responsible for configuration management, maintenance and troubleshooting of projects, implemented Continuous Delivery (CD) framework using Jenkins, puppet, and Ant in Linux.
- Worked on setting up new development branches, merging branches, facilitating the releases.
- Configured and managed source code using Git and resolved code merging conflicts in collaboration with application developers Provided consistent environment.
- Created automated build process in Jenkins using Git Web hook. Managed build results in Jenkins and deployed using workflows.
- Implemented new project builds using Jenkins and Ant as build framework tools, inspected builds in staging environment before rolling out to production environment
- Created Puppet manifests, classes and modules to automate system operations.
- Well versed in using Puppet Dashboard and Puppet DB for configuration management to existing infrastructure.
- Automated deployment modules of IIS web applications, bindings and configuration settings using a combination of PowerShell scripts and Puppet .
- Used Puppet server and workstation to manage and configure nodes, experienced in writing puppet manifests to automate configuration of a board range of services.
- Documented the SCM process and policies of the company and recommended some process changes.
- Worked with scrum and development teams in overseeing bug tracking, test prioritization, test automation and releases.
- Managing and architecting large volumes of Virtual Servers, and monitoring its applications through Nagios . Administered Apache and Nginx web servers and queering several RDBMS servers like SQL, MySQL for data integrity.
- Responsible for development and enhancement of existing application using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and administration of Sun Solaris 9 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux on x86 architecture
Environment: Jenkins, Ant, GIT, Apache, Nginx, J2EE, Python, Puppet, JIRA, Linux, shell scripting, Perl Scripting, Agile.
Build and Release Engineer
- Coordinating Release effort amongst various teams (Development, QA, Testing, and Business Analysis) in geographically separated environment.
- Worked with subversion and implemented branching strategy suitable for agile/scrum development in fast paced engineering environment.
- Wrote build.xml for applications that use Ant for builds respectively
- Integrated Subversion for automating builds with Jenkins and Configured slaves in Jenkins for appropriate release builds in windows server.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus .
- Works with release coordinate to determine an appropriate build schedule and then initiates the build and packaging process and deployments into development environments.
- Created all scheduler and data back-up jobs using Python/Perl/Bash/Cron/SCP/SSH/FTP
- Developed Perl Python, and Bash script to do data verification between Mysql and Oracle databases as part of database migration.
- Developed scripts in PLSQL and Python to ingest API data from internal web servers
- Estimated existing JIRA instance and resolved performance issues and created Jira work streams according to project prerequisites
- Created users on Active Directory, synced the users on Jira and assigned groups.
- Efficiently performed the task of resolving conflicts while merging in Subversion with the J2EE development background.
- Wrote Perl scripts on Linux and IBM AIX servers for WebSphere application deployments and deployed the archives to WebSphere Application Servers.
- Involved in Migration activities from IBM ClearCase to SVN to enhance the build process.
- Used ClearQuest for tracking bugs and issues. Also, partially administered it by designing custom workflows.
- Create/Maintain custom build scripts in Java/Perl. Develop Rational ClearQuest schemas and tailored the tools with custom Perl and batch scripts
- Taking an active part preceding over Software Configuration Management Meetings by suggesting branching strategies and best practices to promote Parallel development and Agile development practices
Environment: Java/J2EE, Ant, Maven, Subversion, Git, Jenkins, AWS, Chef, Puppet, LAMP stack, Docker, Shell Script, Linux.
- Installation, configuration and administration of Red Hat Linux servers and support for Servers. Installation and configuration of Oracle 7.x/ 8.x .
- Provided 24x7 System Administration support for 300+ Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4.x servers and resolved trouble tickets on shift rotation basis.
- Configuration of Hardware and Software RAID on Digital & Sun Servers.
- Kernel tuning, Writing Shell scripts for system maintenance and file management, Shell scripting for database startups, backups using bash shell scripting.
- Monitoring system resources, logs, disk usage, scheduling backups and restore and setup Clustering for Linux servers.
- Creating templates, cloning Linux virtual Machines and migrating servers across ESX hosts.
- Managing HP-UX, Compaq and Linux workstations and servers.
- Configured and Administering NFS and NIS on Sun Solaris server environment.
- Responsible for preparing architectural flow diagrams and presentations, Day to day ticket resolving & submit CRQ based on user requirement.
- Set up Quotas for the user accounts & limiting the disk space usage.
- Responsible for scheduling jobs using crontab and configuring and managing Squid server in Linux.
- Install and support user requested rpm’s whenever it is required.
- Perform day to day Linux administration such as user accounts, logon scripts, directory services, file system shares, permissions.
- Troubleshooting Backup and Restore Problems Creation of LVM s on SAN using Linux utilities Configured Send mail.
- Creating LDOM s, installing Solaris , creating volumes, installing packages.
- Wrote Technical documentation for various projects and worked with Technical writer to finalize the documents.
Environment: Red Hat Linux 3.x, 4, Sun Solaris server, NFS, LVM, RAID, OpsWare, Crontab