- A Proactive, result oriented IT professional with around 8 years of experience in IT industry having mission, vision and values. Skilled DevOps/Cloud Engineer, Build & Release Engineer, Linux System Administrator with good understanding of Public, Private and Hybrid Cloud Platforms. Software Configuration Management (SCM), Cloud Management, Containerization, Deployment and Tool Engineering in Agile Environment.
- Good understanding of the principles and best practices of Software Configuration Management (SCM) in Agile, Scrum, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Proficiently experienced in Amazon Web Services and its resources like EC2, S3, RDS, Lambda, VPC, VPN, DynamoDB, EBS, ELB, SNS, SQS, Glacier, Auto - Scaling, IAM, Route53, RDS, Security-Groups, Cloud Front, Ops Work and Cloud Formation.
- Design highly available , cost effective and fault tolerant systems using multiple EC2 instances, Auto Scaling , Elastic Load Balance and AMIs .
- Good knowledge in Configure AWS IAM and Security Group in Public and Private Subnets in VPC and AWS Route53 to route traffic between different regions.
- Experience with “Infrastructure as a code” tools like Terraform and AWS CloudFormation and integrating them with Jenkins builds to achieve end-to-end automation.
- Experience in using Cloud Trail and Cloud Watch to monitor server services like logs, CPU, RAM and disk storage.
- Ensured successful architecture and deployment of enterprise-grade PaaS solutions using Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) as well as proper operation during initial application migration and net new development.
- Strong Knowledge of Azure infrastructure which includes Azure Storage, Azure VM, Configuration and Setup, Virtual Network, Azure Active directory, VM performance.
- Experience in migrating on premise to Windows Azure using Azure Site Recovery and Azure backups.
- Experience in deploying, maintaining and troubleshooting the OpenStack environment with Keystone, Nova, Neutron, Glance, Swift, Cinder Heat and ceilometer.
- Experience in adding Compute nodes into OpenStack cloud platform. Responsible for supporting and maintaining Openstack in a production environment.
- Evaluated Chef, Puppet, and Ansible - configuration management utilities for different products. Wrote configuration management, chef recipes, cookbooks, puppet forge modules , and ansible playbook roles, tasks, manifestos .
- Extensively involved in Installing Workstation, Bootstrapped Nodes, wrote Recipes and Cookbooks and uploaded them to Chef Server, Managed On-site OS/Applications/Services/Packages using Chef as well as AWS for EC2/S3 & ELB with Chef Cookbooks.
- Experience in creating Ansible playbooks for deploying, integrating and monitoring their CI environment.
- Experience in combining multi-node software deployment using Ansible.
- Hands on with Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once and used Puppet to create modules.
- Created Puppet manifests and modules to automate system operations.
- Experience with containerization technologies like Docker and orchestration tools like AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Openshift and Worked on Virtualization and Hypervisors ESXI, ESX.
- Managing Master, infra and application cluster nodes on three different Openshift Data centers. Managed Openshift pod deployment across all application cluster nodes.
- Experience with container-based deployments using Docker, working with Docker images, Docker hub, Docker Swarm, Docker Container Network, and Docker registries , installation and configuring Kubernetes and clustering them.
- Experience in managing local deployments in Kubernetes, creating local cluster and deploying application containers.
- Extensively used Kubernetes to deploy, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name-spaced versions.
- Hands-on experience in version control using SVN, GIT and GITHUB and continuous integration management using Jenkins .
- Experience in using Build and Automation tools like ANT and Maven and working knowledge in other build tools like MS Build and CMake and authoring POM.xml files, performing releases with Maven release plugin, modernization of Java projects, and managing Maven repositories.
- Extensively worked on Jenkins, Bamboo and Hudson by installing, configuring and maintaining for Continuous Integration (CI) and for End-to- End automation for all build and deployments.
- Highly involved in Installation and configuration of Web Application servers like Apache, PHP, Tomcat, WebLogic and SSL management .
- Worked on installations and upgrades of Atlassian applications like JIRA, Confluence, Stash/Bitbucket and Bamboo.
- Experienced in monitoring servers using Nagios, Splunk, and using ELK.
- Experience in setting up Baselines, Branching, Merging and Automation Processes using Shell, Perl, Ruby, Python and BatchScripts.
- Worked with different Bug tracking tools like JIRA, Bugzilla, and Remedy.
- Good knowledge in relational and NoSQL databases like MySQL , SQL Server , Oracle , DynamoDB , MongoDB .
- Experience in LAN/WAN networking architecture and TCP/IP protocol stack, wireless networks & Cloud Computing concepts.
- Hands on experience with website code, patch Deployment and deployment tools like UDeploy (IBM), URelease.
- Experienced in Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, 7.x, Debian, CentOS 4.x, 5.x, suse Linux, Oracle Enterprise Linux, Solaris 8,9,10 and VMware vSphere ESX/ ESXi environment. Also, involved in migrating Linux/ Windows servers to cloud (AWS) and testing.
Cloud Technologies: AWS, OpenStack, PCF, Microsoft Azure
Configuration Management Tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform
Container Platforms: Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, Packer, Mesos and CoreOS
Version Control Tools: Subversion (SVN), GIT, Bitbucket, GIT-Hub, Clear Case
Build Tools: ANT, Maven, Gradle
CI Tools: Hudson, Jenkins, Bamboo, Anthillpro
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, JBoss, WebSphere, VMware
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla
Monitoring Tools: Nagios, Splunk, ELK, Cloud watch
Databases: MS SQL Server, Oracle 8/10.0, Mango DB, NoSQL, DynamoDB
Virtualization Tools: Oracle VM Virtual Box, Vagrant, Hyper-V and VMware
Scripting Languages: UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl Scripting, Ruby, JSON, Python
Operating Servers: UNIX, Windows, RedHat Linux CentOS, Ubuntu, Solaris
Network Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, SNMP, SMTP, Ethernet, NFS.
Confidential - Boston, MA
Sr. Cloud and DevOps Engineer
- Responsible for end to end deployments for projects on AWS. This includes scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Involved in designing and deploying multitude applications utilizing almost all the AWS stack (Including EC2, Route53, S3, RDS, Dynamo DB, SNS, SQS, IAM) focusing on high-availability, fault tolerance, and auto-scaling.
- Created and managed S3 buckets for the CloudWatch logging, artifactory repository and for the Static Webhosting.
- Integrated AWS Dynamo DB using AWS lambda to store the values the items and backup the Dynamo DB streams
- Creating, managing and performing container based deployments using Docker images containing Middleware and applications together.
- Administration, build and maintenance of the available secure multi-zone AWS cloud infrastructure by using the configuration tool Ansible with AWS Cloud Formation and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Using Jenkins AWS Code Deploy plugin to deploy and Chef for unattended bootstrapping in AWS.
- Used Cloud Front to deliver content from AWS edge locations to users, allowing for further reduction of load on front-end servers.
- Deploying the Openstack components on multimode with high availability environment.
- Involved in provisioning and optimizing of compute, network, and storage services with OpenStack through dashboard, command-line and API utilities.
- We use Terraform to manage AWS and another cloud infrastructure. Manage servers using configuration management products like Chef, Ansible.
- Written multiple cookbooks in Chef. Implemented environments, roles, data bags in Chef for better environment management.
- Implemented Chef Recipes for Deployment on build on internal Data Centre Servers. Re-used and modified same Chef Recipes to create a Deployment directly into Amazon EC2 instances.
- Created inventory in Ansible for automating the continuous deployment and wrote playbooks using YAML scripting.
- Used Ansible to manage Web applications, Environments, configuration Files, Users, Mount points and Packages.
- Configuring the Docker containers and creating Docker files for different environments and Managed Docker orchestration using Docker Swarm.
- Used Kubernetes to deploy, load balance, scale and manage docker containers with multiple name-spaced versions.
- Managed Kubernetes charts using Helm. Created reproducible builds of the Kubernetes applications, managed Kubernetes manifest files and Managed releases of Helm packages.
- Deploying kubernetes clusters to AWS using kops.
- Helped in creating a next generation platform using CoreOS Linux with fleet / Kubernetes based on docker containers running in a Microservices ecosystem on VMWare ESXi.
- Created build and deployment configurations to deploy applications on Openshift. Developed Ansible playbooks to do automated recovery process upon the failure of Openshift MASTER.
- Planned the architecture for migrating applications from AWS to Openshift. Also done few Upgrades and scaled Openshift environment.
- Developed a pipeline job in Jenkins to provide API access to a private repo and deploy the artifact to EC2 instance.
- Designed project workflows/pipelines using Jenkins as CI tool and on building Jenkins jobs to create AWS infrastructure from GitHub repos containing Terraform code.
- Administrated all aspects in GIT and troubleshooted with merge conflicts.
- Used Git as source code management tool, created local repo, cloned the repo and performed add, commit, push, stash, branching, created tags operations. Defined branching, labeling and merge strategies for all applications in GIT.
- Implemented SonarQube for generating code coverage with Check style, PMD, Find bugs and JaCoCo plugins.
- Worked with development team to migrate Ant scripts to Maven.
- Developed and maintained the continuous integration and deployment systems using Jenkins, Maven, JBoss and Jfrog Artifactory.
- Installed and configured Oracle Web Logic, JBoss in Redhat Enterprise 6.x, 5.x, CentOS 5.x and Ubuntu environments
- Created Bash, shell and python scripts for various Systems Administration tasks to automate repeated processes.
- Generated SSL certificates and installed into the Tomcat servers for the secured HTTPS protocol.
- Installed, configured and managed the ELK for Log management within EC2 for Elastic search.
- Architecting and deploying Splunk Enterprise implementations in medium to large sized customers.
- Generated reports on different bugs & tickets using JIRA/ Bug tracking. Created & solved blocked or unassigned tickets.
- Involved in Troubleshooting of all aspects of the Unix/Red Hat Linux operating environments.
- Coordinated with all the teams before and after the production deployments for the smooth production releases.
Environment:: Amazon Web Services (AWS) (EC2, Cloud Front, CloudWatch, RDS, ELB, EBS, S3, Route53, SNS, SQS, KMS, Cloud Trail, IAM, Cloud Formation, Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), LDAP, Terraform,) GIT, Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, ELK RedHat Linux, Docker, Bash, shell, Python, Kubernetes, Tomcat.
Confidential - Bridge water, NJ
Sr. Cloud & Devops Engineer
- Migrating an On-premises virtual machine to Azure Resource Manager Subscription with Azure Site Recovery.
- Adding the New Co-Admin and Managing the Co-Admins for all the Subscriptions in the Windows Azure Platform
- Used Azure Resource Manager (ARM) to deploy, update, or delete all the resources for your solution in a single, coordinated operation.
- Writing Power Shell scripts to automate the Azure cloud system creation including end-to-end infrastructure, VMs, storage, firewall rules, etc.
- Served as associate SME on Azure services including SaaS, PaaS and IaaS while contributing architecture decisions for our ongoing migration efforts.
- Created and maintained various DevOps related tools for the team such as provisioning scripts, deployment tools, and development and staging environments on AWS, Rack Space and Cloud.
- Dealed with Windows Azure IaaS - Virtual Networks, Virtual Machines, Cloud Services, Resource Groups, Express Route, Traffic Manager, VPN, Load Balancing, Application Gateways, Auto-Scaling.
- Configured diagnostics, monitoring and analytics on Azure Platform along with scale and resilience for Azure Web sites.
- Used Jenkins as Continuous Integration tools to deploy the Spring Boot Microservices to Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF) using build pack.
- Modified AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes.
- Managed Ansible Playbooks with Ansible roles. Used file module in Ansible playbook to copy and remove files on remote systems.
- Managed servers on the Microsoft Azure Platform Azure Virtual Machines instances using Chef Configuration Management.
- Evaluated testing of Chef Recipes - Concept of Test Driven Development for Infrastructure as a Code.
- Created Chef Cookbooks to deploy new software and plugins as well as manage deployments to the production Jenkins server.
- Collaborate in the automation of AWS infrastructure via terraform and Jenkins - software and services configuration via chef cookbooks.
- Created a Microservice environment on the cloud by deploying services as docker containers.
- Implemented Docker -maven-plugin and maven pom to build Docker images for all Microservices and later used Docker file to build the Docker images from the java jar files.
- Environment provisioning solutions using Docker, Vagrant and Red Hat Satellite
- Involved in installing and administrating CI/CD tools like Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test and Deploy chain, GIT with Devel/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Built end to end CI/CD Pipelines in Jenkins to retrieve code, compile applications, perform tests and push build artifacts to Nexus.
- Used MAVEN as a build tool on java projects for development of build artifacts on the source code.
- Configured and maintained Jenkins to implement the CI process and integrated the tool with Maven to schedule the builds.
- Worked with version control tools like GIT, Team Foundation Server, Visual Source Safe and used Source code management tools like GIT Bash, GitHub, GIT.
- Deployed and configured Git repositories with branching, forks, tagging, and notifications.
- Created branches, performed merges in version control system GIT, Code Commit.
- Involved in Jira as defect tracking system and configure various workflows, customizations and plug-ins for Jira bug/issue tracker.
- Worked on developing internal testing tools which were written in Python. Worked on Libraries like Pandas for data manipulation and analysis .
- Configured Kickstart and Jumpstart servers to initiate installation of RedHat Linux and Solaris on several machines at once.
- Involved in Installing, Configuring and Upgrading of RedHat Linux AS 4/5, Solaris 9/1 0 operating systems.
Environment:: Microsoft Windows AZURE, Azure AD, Azure SQL, Azure Network, Web Applications, GitHub, Iaas, Paas, Virtual Machines, Aws, Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Python, Power shell, Microsoft Azure Storage.
Confidential - NY
- Responsible for end to end deployments for projects on AWS. This includes scripting for automation, scalability, build promotions for staging to production etc.
- Launched Amazon EC2 Cloud Instances using Amazon Web Services and Configuring launched instances with respect to specific applications.
- Designed AWS Cloud Formation templates to create custom sized VPC, Subnets, NAT to ensure successful deployment of Web applications and database templates.
- Design roles and groups for users and resources using AWS Identity Access Management (IAM).
- Migrating a production infrastructure into an Amazon Web Services utilizing AWS Cloud Formation, Code Deploy, and Ops Works.
- Design high availability (HA) applications on AWS across Availability Zones.
- Created DevOps strategy in an environment of Linux servers along with Amazon Web Services.
- Used Cloud Foundry Command Line Interface (CLI) to deploy and manage applications on to Pivotal Cloud Foundry PCF.
- Troubleshoot issues within PCF environments and involving Pivotal vendor as and when needed.
- Worked on PCF Dev to push and scale apps for debugging applications locally on a PCF deployment.
- Used Ansible server and workstation to manage and configure nodes. Automated provisioning of cloud infrastructure with Ansible.
- Creation of dynamic inventory on Ansible for management of resources on AWS.
- Build server deployment on Amazon Cloud (EC2) servers with the help of DevOps tool like Puppet.
- Written Puppet Manifest files to deploy automated tasks to many servers at once. Used Puppet to create modules.
- Automated the Builds of Java and PHP applications using Bamboo CI tool. Integrated the Bamboo with GIT, ANT.
- Created Jenkins jobs to listen for changes in GIT and execute the sequence of targets including compile, junit, create jar and war file.
- Created Puppet Automation tools and builds and do an overall process improvement to any manual processes. Processed manifest management and Puppet automation using Mcollective.
- Created Puppet manifests, profiles and roles modules to automate system operations.
- Involved in editing the existing MAVEN files in case of errors or changes in the project requirements.
- Creating GIT repositories and give access rights to authorized developers and worker on Artifactory.
- Converted and automated builds using Maven, scheduled automated nightly builds using Jenkins.
- Wrote Python scripts to parse XML and JSON reports and load the information in database.
- Cleansing data generated from weblogs with automated scripts in Python.
- Used different Bug tracking tools like JIRA and Rally .
- Maintain and monitor all system frameworks and provide after call support to all systems and maintain optimal Linux knowledge.
- Managed the servers that were built on Linux, Solaris and Windows platforms.
- Worked with Performance engineers on Configuration of the environment.
- Troubleshooting Build and Deploy Issues, with little downtime.
Environment:: Amazon Web Services(AWS), PCF, Chef, Jenkins, Ansible, Docker, GIT, WebLogic, JBoss, Maven, PowerShell Scripting, Linux, VMWare Servers, Shell scripting, Bash, Linux/RHEL, Windows, Python, PHP, Nexus, Artifactory.
Confidential - Indiana
Build and Release Engineer
- Worked from Scratch, like choosing hardware specifications, installed required tools on my virtual machine and has administered, monitored different servers.
- Responsible for design and maintenance of the Subversion Repositories, views, and the access control strategies.
- Helped Developers to setup Workstations in Windows, Linux and Mac.
- Automating the Build process using SVN, and ANT.
- Did upgrades to applications using Puppet manifests.
- Coordinate and assist developers with establishing and applying appropriate branching, labeling/naming conventions using GIT source control.
- Creating user level of access for related GitHub project directories to the code changes.
- Used Puppet to make sure all the Jenkins slaves are in sync.
- Developed and implemented an automated Linux infrastructure using Puppet .
- Created automated build and release environment using CI/CD Tools Jenkins/Rundeck .
- Maintained all the Linux environments for deployments and Implemented Configuration
- Wrote Puppet models for installing and managing java versions.
- Repository management in ANT to share snapshots and releases of internal projects using Nexus tool.
- Created builds and deployed builds to different environments based on requests.
- Administered and maintained source code repositories using Git.
- Involved in setting up JIRA as defect tracking system and configured various workflows, customizations and plugins for the JIRA bug/issue tracker.
- Wrote Cookbooks to install JDK and WebLogic .
- Handled Jira tickets for SCM Support activities.
- Generated scripts in Perl & Bash Shell for build activities in QA, Staging and Production environments.
- Experienced in building Java application using make files (Ant utility), Shell Scripts .
- Deployment of application to the Tomcat/ WebSphere Application Server.
- Resolving merging issues during build and release by conducting meetings with developers and managers.
- Solid understanding of Linux shell and Perl scripting, UNIX, Windows , build and release engineering principles
- Posting the build on time & following it up the testing team on posted builds until the specified release goes LIVE
- Monitored the servers and Linux scripts regularly and performed required troubleshooting steps.
- Assisted 24x7 on-call supports in debugging and fixing issues related to Linux, Solaris, HP-UX Installation/Maintenance of Hardware/Software in Production, Development & Test Environment as an integral part of the Unix/Linux (RHEL/SUSE/SOLARIS/HP-UX/AIX) Support team.
Environment:: Linux, RHEL, GIT, Chef, Puppet, Bash Scripting, Python, Maven, Jenkins, JBoss Application Servers, Windows, WebSphere Application Server, Python, Splunk, Linux
- My duties as Unix/Linux System Administrator is administration of UNIX, RHEL and SUSE a combination of systems architecture and development.
- Installing software packages on RHEL 4.x/5.x and Solaris 8/9
- Build and Installed PXE boot server, DHCP server, Kickstart and XCAT server to automatically load OS on test machines in the LAB environment.
- Worked on User and Group management, Security and access control using LDAP .
- Used FTP, Samba Protocol to transfer data between servers for code drops.
- Installing and upgrading of packages and patches configuration management, version control, service pack and reviewing connectivity issue regarding security problem.
- Network traffic control, IPsec, Quos, VLAN, Proxy, Radius integration on Hardware via RHEL software.
- Package and Patch management on Sun Servers .
- Creating, Mounting and Troubleshooting Network File System (NFS) file systems on different OS platforms.
- Kernel tuning, writing Shell scripts for system maintenance and file management.
- Configuration and administration of DNS servers using BIND on Linux as the Operating system
- Installed and configured ClearCase 6.x for version control on RHEL. Helped with the creation of Versioned object base (vobs) , branches and trained the users with usage of ClearCase.
- Configuring Peripherals -Remote/ Network printing, Modem configuration for remote access.
- Troubleshooting of day-to-day operational problems and Client - side issues.
- Provide 24/7 on call-support and resolution of operator requests concerning system hardware, software, and network issues.
Environment: UNIX, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (4.x/5.x), Solaris 8, SUSE 10, Sun Ultra Enterprise 600/450, SUN Ultra 10/5/2/1, Samba, VMware, Bash.
- Performed installation, configuration and administration of system network components (Windows Server, Active Directory, VPN connectivity, DHCP, SMTP, LAN/WAN, NAT, IPsec VPN, FTP, POP, IMAP, NIC's, WIC 's).
- Plan, design, deploy, and Windows clients as well as servers through Microsoft Deployment Management .
- Troubleshooting Linux network, security related issues, capturing packets using tools such as IP tables, firewall, TCP wrapper and NMAP.
- Worked on network connectivity, SAN storage, creating LVM and taking TSM backup .
- Ensured correct installation, configuration for Active Directory systems, includes policy implementation, DHCP and DNS.
- Managing File systems and Disk management using Solstice Disk suite.
- Install, upgrade and manage packages via RPM and YUM package management.
- Knowledge on LAMP, LDAP, LVM, VVM, Kickstart, Agile environments
- Worked in User admin groups, maintained account and monitored system performance using Splunk.
- Responsibility for security and documenting the configuration of the system.
- Troubleshooting any reported problems and System performance tuning FTP, DHCP, DNS telnet .
- Developed automated processes that run daily to check disk usage and perform cleanup of file systems on Linux environments using shell scripting and CRON.
Environment:: Kickstart, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, RIP, FTP, TFTP, Terminal Services, SNMP, SMTP, NFS, NIS, Microsoft Windows, Linux, VMware workstation, virtual box, Red Hat.