- Over 9+ years of Experience in Information Technology, 5+ years of experience exclusively in Designing,customization, enhancing, workflow configuration, integrating and supporting Service - Now suite of products such as Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Asset and Service Request management systems and 3 years of strong experience in SQL Server development with great expertise in various frameworks.
- Over 5 years of experience in Service Now platform as both Developer and Administrator.
- Configured Applications using Service-Now tool used in ITIL Management. Strong understanding of ITIL V3. Deep functional and technical knowledge of the Service Now platform as well as experience delivering medium to large-scale Service Now implementations.
- Experience in Installation and Configuration of different modules of Service-Now.
- In-depth knowledge of the technical implementation of Change Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Service Catalog, Configuration Management, Reporting, Discovery and Integrations.
- Service Now applications implemented: Incident, Problem, Change, Configuration, Asset Management, Software Asset Management, Request Management.
- Proven experience in working with wide variety of ITIL tools like BMC Remedy and various Service Now modules, CMDB, ITIL tools, integrations within complex ITSM environment.
- Expertise in debugging and optimizing the performance of Client Scripts, Catalog Client Scripts, UI scripts and UI Policies.
- Functional knowledge and implementation experience of IT Service Management (ITSM) frameworks and demonstrated project management skills and experience working directly with customers and clients.
- Experienced in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), quality management systems and project life cycle processes.Excellent experience in implementing and decommissioning of Distributed Server Option (DSO) in Remedy action request system.
- Development experience with migrator, analyzer, documenter, flashboard, editor, navigator and Remedy Developer Plus.
- Extensive experience in extracting data from various databases like Oracle, and SQL.
- Around 3yrs of SQL Server, Oracle7.x/8i/9i Database development experience using tables, triggers, views, packages and stored procedures in PL/SQL & T-SQL. Strong RDBMS fundamentals.
- Two years of experience in developing applications using Visual Studio .NET, ASP.NET, ADO.NET, C# and integration with Crystal Reports .
- Proven experience in System Administration, Server Configurations & Trouble shooting of Windows & Linux Servers
- Strong development skills in ASP, Java and JSP.
- Generated various Web Intelligence, Desktop Intelligence reports in Business Objects based on user requirements.
- Excellent Communication skills and good team player.
Java: JDK 1.6, Collections, Multithreading, Networking, Generics, Exception Handling, Files and Streams, JDBC
J2EE: Servlets, JSP, JSTL, Struts, Spring AOP, JNDI, JMS, JTI, Ajax, EJB, Spring IOC, Hibernate, Java Beans
Software Methodologies: SDLC, Waterfall, Agile, XP, Scrum
Databases/ETL: Oracle 10g, MySQL
Database Tools: SQL Client, TOAD, SQL Developer
IDE: Eclipse, Net Beans, TOAD
Version Control Tools: CVS, SVN, TFS, GIT
Tools: and Packages: Rational Rose, Ant, Maven, Log4j, TOAD, MS Office, Dreamweaver
Confidential, Bellevue, WA
Service Now Admin/ Developer
- Manage development projects utilizing a service based approach including working with stakeholders to gather requirements, providing estimates, designing solutions, gaining concurrence, providing work direction, and obtaining sign-off all while maintaining communication and transparency with all interested parties
- Primary focal for defects, enhancement requests, and issues for Incident and Knowledge capabilities reported by the Service Desk, Retail, and Deployment teams
- Principal developer for fixes and enhancements to the Incident capability within ServiceNow
- Experience working with email notifications, inbound actions, reports, gauges, and home pages.
- Experience on creation of catalog items, wizards, record producers, interceptors, user guide.
- Working on creation and customization of complex workflows and custom workflow activities.
- Worked with transform maps, data sources and different transform scripts for data loads and management.
- Working with schedule jobs, events and triggers to manage business needs and handle background work.
- Working with complex UI customization, BMC map customization and UI macros.
- Developing Functional and Technical Specifications and provide User Training.
- Design and engineer solutions leveraging all appropriate components offered by ServiceNow to answer the needs for business workflows, ticketing or other ITSM requirements.
- Designing of Content Management System which involved layout, CSS and Service Catalog work.
- Utilized the Service Now Service Catalog for users to create Service Requests and Service Items.
- Worked on integrating ServiceNow with external SOAP and REST based web services.
- Strong knowledge in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) for enterprise applications
- Strong experience in working in various software development practices like Waterfall, Agile.
Environment: Service Now, Asset Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Fire eye, HTML, Java script, CSS, CMDB, Service Portal.
Confidential, Owings Mills, Baltimore
Service Now Admin/ Developer
- Perform day to day administration of the Service-Now tool Maintain business services and configuration item relationships in Service-Now tool.
- Develop and manage application code, user interface, and third-party integration components
- Develop necessary development documentation as needed e.g. technical design, developer notes, etc.
- Performs core configuration tasks including system policies, business rules and client scripts.
- Manages users, groups and roles
- Manages data with Tables, the CMDB, Import Sets, and Update Sets.
- Creates Workflow activities and approvals. Implement new workflows that use a variety of activities to understand how records are generated from workflows
- Performs migration activities Dev to QA, QA to Prod
- Coordinates Service Catalog options, including two-step checkout, cart controls, and variables
- Investigate performance issues, troubleshooting tools, and use system logs to find issues.
- Coordinates installation of ServiceNow upgrades and/or service packs. Develops and manages the preparation of systems, test criteria and control for upgrades, service packs, new functionality, enhancements or error correction.
- Develops and improves user systems procedures, and prepares systems documentation.
- Establishes and maintains effective communications with customers, other technology specialists, and vendors about services.
- Installed MID Servers on remote desktop and conducted tests required for Discovery.
- Coordinated Service Catalog options, including two-step checkout, cart controls, and variables
- Created notifications based on user requirements and also configured inbound email actions to create incidents or requests.
- Coordinates installation of Service Now upgrades and/or service packs. Develops and manages the preparation of systems, test criteria and control for upgrades, service packs, new functionality, enhancements or error correction.
- Implement Service-Now customization including, but not limited to, Client Scripts, UI policies, UI Actions, Script Includes, Business Rules, workflow administration, report setup, and data imports and exports.
- ServiceNow application development; including creation and configuration of Service Catalogs, Email Notifications, Data imports and exports and Reports.
- Experienced in the analysis, development and automation of various ITSM processes including Incident Management, Change Management, Asset Management, Service Request, Configuration Management including setup and configuration of MID Server and Configuration Item Discovery
- The service we also provide to clients is a semi managed service for administering their Service desks that has been implemented. This includes various administration tasks within Service desk software.
Environment: Service Now, Asset Management, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Fire eye, HTML, Java script, CSS, CMDB.
- Used ITIL practices to implement ServiceNow applications in phase by phase approach.
- Worked with Incident Management application, Problem Management, Change Management applications in escalating issues, logging, catering, diagnosing, resolving, monitoring, and reporting in ServiceNow.
- Created SLAs and participated in running SLAs and responsible for closing successfully in ServiceNow.
- Scheduled SLAs as per scope of tickets in ServiceNow.
- Written Business Rules for customizing the tool in ServiceNow.
- Customized Incident/Problem/Change/Service catalog applications using Business rules, Client scripts, Workflows in ServiceNow.
- Responsible in building Catalog items in ServiceNow.
- Responsible in building SLA and generating Reports in ServiceNow.
- Defined users, groups and roles and providing accessing permissions in ServiceNow.
- Participated in validating Form and Table level using UI Policies in ServiceNow.
- Worked with Import and Update sets in ServiceNow.
- Created Email notifications and scheduled in ServiceNow.
- Written scheduled jobs in ServiceNow.
- SMTP configuration for outgoing mail from ServiceNow instance in ServiceNow.
- Designed and scheduled workflows and automated the frequent occurring activities across applications in ServiceNow.
- Customized forms and Lists of Incident and Problem Management tables in ServiceNow.
- Used Transform maps to import Data to Configuration Management in ServiceNow.
- Maintaining product catalog to import the configuration item records in ServiceNow.
- Importing the Data in different formats (excel, csv, xml) via attachments in ServiceNow.
- Coordinated service Now environment/form back-end customizations. Notified clients and updated documentation
- Responsible for closing the open Incidents, Problems and Enhancement requests and communicating with the customer the status of the request, to ensure a timely customer satisfying result.
- Communicated Project Requirements, Business issues, Solutions and made recommendation.
- Gathering and documenting the requirements those are critical to the business mission and using those requirements to design application software.
- Identified and developed quality management plans, test scenarios, and test scripts for user acceptance based on system requirements.
- Designed and configured the Incident, Problem and Change Management applications supporting ITIL and business processes.
- Created, monitored, modified, and published workflows with approvals
- Utilized Java Scripting to deliver solutions that automate and audit business processes using UI Policy, Client Script, UI Action and Business Rules.
- Create and use update sets to move customizations between systems
- Prepared requirement specifications and design documents
- Optimized and Monitored system performance and provided system statistics and reports to the Business.
- Understanding the requirements and designing the workflows.
- Create and use update sets to move customizations between systems.
- Understanding the requirements and designing the workflows
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Worked with clients to assess current state processes and tools, defined Service Now requirements and developed and configured the Service Now platform.
- Worked on CMDB and Asset management. Performed Data migration to import data from other applications and external databases.
- Worked on various modules of Service Now like Incident management, Change management, Problem management, Service Catalog, User Administration, Reporting and Discovery.
- Created various front end forms, and associated Client Scripts, UI policies, including advanced customizations that require modification of UI Pages/Macros.
- Designed Workflows, along with standard Workflow templates which can be reused.
- Supported the team responsible for the implementation and administration of the Service Now installation, including managing system configurations, gathered and documented user and process requirements, developed workflow customizations, and performed quality assurance testing and user acceptance testing.
- Strong knowledge of the server side scripting Business rules and Script Includes.
- Worked with Apache Jelly to create various kinds of UI pages and Macro templates.
- Implemented JDBC Export to execute custom SQL queries in the target database based on requirement.
- Created Data Sources from various external applications, scripts to parse incoming data and transform into Service Now.
- Developed reports as per requirements from management.
- Documented all implementations and best practices defined within team.
- Trained Service Desk team and organized meetings to review content and testing efforts for testing in UAT for quarterly releases.
- Developed new service catalog items and fix bugs in incident, problem and change management.
Environment: Java Script, JSON, jQuery, Prototype, Web services, SOAP, SQL, XML, HTML, iFrames, AJAX, Shell scripting, Log4j, Integrations, Cloud services, ITIL, SCRUM.
- Worked directly with user groups in analyzing and specifying business requirements for the design and development of project.
- Suggested and advised clients to tactfully alter workflow of application to increase the efficiency and ease of use.
- Worked on design of interfaces using web services of external applications.
- Developed application based on SDLC Software Development Life Cycle .
- Created user-friendly GUI interface and Web pages using HTML, JSP.
- Developed UI, which enhanced user efficiency in using the functionality defined after business analysis.
- Designed intuitive responsive web pages using the concept of negative margins and percentages.
- Experience with UI designing for open source CMSs like word press, magneto, joomla etc.
- Designed cross browser compatible web pages.
- Redesigned several web pages with better interface and features.
Environment: Service Now (Dublin), Change Management & Help Desk, Oracle 9.2.04, Solaris 2.9, Migrator 7.x. and Crystal Reports 10 SRM 2.2, SLM 7.x, APIs, C#, Windows 2000/XP, Oracle 10g.